Mackzwellz

Sonic X

59 posts in this topic

I only viewed the English version, started at the very first episode,the first time it aired when I was younger, and loved it! I still have fond memories of it and watch it for nostalgiac purposes occassionally; but really, the voice acting and the English dub was quite bad, at least to me. I really should find the original Japanese version and watch it though; like many people here, I loved how they implemented characters like Shadow, Tikal, Chaos, etc. and loved the game adaptations. However I really lost interest in Season 3; the Metarex and Cosmo just seemed a bit too out there for me, didn't really fit. It didn't feel like a setting that should be used in a Sonic cartoon, but then again, I didn't really watch maybe one or two episodes of it; I've seen most of Season 1, and episodes here and there of Season 2 (missed alot of episodes due to not being able to record it on a VHS), but barely any of Season 3.

Like I said, my opinion on characters and plot I really shouldn't make until I view the original show, see how everything was originally intended to unfold.

Oh, I should mention; I meant record it on VHS during Season 1 and the start of 2 when it originally aired ^^; A few years back, I had all episodes for all 3 seasons recorded on my DVR (whenever two episodes were shown on Fox every Saturday), but didn't get a chance to watch them all due my famile having to change cable service. I believe I watched through the SA adaptation, didn't even get up to Project: Shadow. After that point, I've seen episodes here and there.

Personally, I enjoyed Sonic X, however there were a few disappointments for me

1: I never got to see Eggman humiliate himself as a wrestler like he did in the comics.

2: I never found who officially the organizer was from the comics. I was expecting S.O.N.I.C.X. to appear and then got disappointed when they didn't.

3: This isn't really Sonic X's fault but every now and again, I couldn't find an english part 1 or 2

4: Not enough good Sonic characters such as Silver.

Otherwise I ejoyed it and would like to see a season 4. Please keep the original music though. Didn't like the second intro music

Personally, I enjoyed Sonic X, however there were a few disappointments for me

1: I never got to see Eggman humiliate himself as a wrestler like he did in the comics.

2: I never found who officially the organizer was from the comics. I was expecting S.O.N.I.C.X. to appear and then got disappointed when they didn't.

3: This isn't really Sonic X's fault but every now and again, I couldn't find an english part 1 or 2

4: Not enough good Sonic characters such as Silver.

Otherwise I ejoyed it and would like to see a season 4. Please keep the original music though. Didn't like the second intro music

Why would you want to watch it in engilsh? I usually hate watching shows in another language with the english subtitles but with Sonic X you just have too. 4kids entertainment ruined it for the english release

I understand that. But personally, I don't have the patience to watch things in other languages, even if they are better.

So in the end , chris was annoying in the first two season ; thank god, character dev happenned . also, it wasn't so badd for a show aired at kids .

I found Chris' common issue of getting into peril and Sonic having to save him a bit irritating at first, but then he sort of explained it at the end of season 2, he just didn't want to be left alone. In season 3, he's able to help in a lot more areas, but still has the appearance of a twelve year old, which clearly bothers him.

I would have liked a 4th season, because there were a few things left unanswered. Did Chris actually get home, and if he did, was he still in the body of a twelve year old? Is Shadow okay, and... Is Cosmo really gone? I liked her, and she and Tails' relationship seemed to be the only relationship that was steady.

Shadow was fine , He was last seen giving his respect to Molly .

Cosmo .... Is another case . She died , but there is a chance she might rebirth , a she gave a Seed to Tails .

And three , Yes , It would had deserved a fourth season , but since the only reason we had a third one in the first time was thank to american , and the jap wanted to stop it for good..... Nothig is certain.

I understand that. But personally, I don't have the patience to watch things in other languages, even if they are better.

Like I said. I usually agree but. This is 4kids. Accepted as the the worst dubbing company ever by pretty much everybody. Point is it's not the same show. It's a watered down, rushed piece of crud designed to try to make a ton of money. For some reason they don't realise that if they did their job properly they would get more money considering kids enjoy mature things (for example their yugioh dub sucked too but it kept much of the epicness of the original and it was HUGE) they would get more. They are pretty screwed right now though so horrah

This is 4kids. Accepted as the the worst dubbing company ever by pretty much everybody. Point is it's not the same show. It's a watered down, rushed piece of crud designed to try to make a ton of money. For some reason they don't realise that if they did their job properly they would get more money considering kids enjoy mature things (for example their yugioh dub sucked too but it kept much of the epicness of the original and it was HUGE) they would get more. They are pretty screwed right now though so horrah

That probably explain why 4kids lost you block and replace with vortex that in my opinion is a kids version of toonmai without the crusing or tom & Sara and no Japanese anime except for Sonic X

You know how standards are different in japan meaning that one piece is like a kids show there but the uncut version in the west would be at least at 15+? It makes me think that sonic x is a show for REALLY young children in japan. Probably why the characters always state the obvious

No it wasn't . it was your average shonen , albeit with an overpowered character instead of a dumb kid going on an adventure . I mean dude , They shot Maria on screen , and killed off molly for real !

but you are wrong , they have a different culture , but that diesn't mean city hunter of fist of the north star were aired at kid Like in France !

I can't remember the last time I watched a show that was dubbed in a language I can understand. That includes shows that were available dubbed in a language I understood. I think the last dub I watched was the Higurashi English dub, which wasn't bad, but the Japanese voice + subs were just better.

Though I wonder what Sonic sounds like in Japanese...

You wonder : Sonic and shadow use so much english in the sentence that it's an english dub of it's own.

I think Sonic X was fine. Chris was annoying (but that's clear above.) But most of it, what 4kids did with it was terrible. Especially when it actually removed some important episodes. (For example, the anger of the Shadow fangirls when they didn't made an episode after the end that Shadow is alive.)

1 person likes this

No it wasn't . it was your average shonen , albeit with an overpowered character instead of a dumb kid going on an adventure . I mean dude , They shot Maria on screen , and killed off molly for real !

but you are wrong , they have a different culture , but that diesn't mean city hunter of fist of the north star were aired at kid Like in France !

Yea but Naruto has people being stabbed causing blood to spill everywhere.

Naruto... please... At least they don't blow up in showers of blood like in first of the north star .

Then again, it's a manga about child soldiers. it cannot get more deranging than that.

I don't find 'shooting Maria on screen' wrong, I mean, WE ALL KNEW THAT, plus nowadays everywhere- there is violence and gore in children's show too.

That's nowadays though and it still upsets people. Mostly parents but at the same time, they really should expect this and its not like everyone does something to stop this gore

1 person likes this

but then again , 4kids might have gone overkill with the amrerican version , censoring not only blood , but cutting important scene , like the infamous end of the first season epilogue (the one with super sonic fusing the two world ) .

Wait super sonic fuse the two world together Darn it 4kids.

Not 4kids problem.

they did what they do 'dub and cut' they're too lazy to create a story and blah

Of corse it is getting old now and I dont pay much attention too it anymore but Sonic X is the one tv show that change my entire point of view about Sonic. Thanks to Sonic X I am what is the major sonic fan today. It was a really awesome show and a littlle heart breaking, but in my opinion it is the best Sonic the Hedgehog show out of all of them. (During the later seasons the graphics could be better but whatayagonnado?) :)

I loved Sonic X, however I only watch the Japanese version, which as sad is it might be, I have never actually finished the series. I watched it mainly because of Amy, Shadow, and Cream. I didn't care much for Chris. I don't hate him, but I don't like him.

I wish there was a fourth season honestly. They could have brought in Silver!! Now that would have made it interesting. Or maybe have brought in Mighty the Armadillo to work with the Chaotix. If they had Mighty I would have loved the show even more.