teamrandom21

Sad moments

19 posts in this topic

what are some of the saddest moments you can think of in the sonic the comic series/sonic universe.

I read this in Sonic Universe recently. The arc where Mighty goes off to find his sister. That moment when Mighty finally sees Tilly again and tries to hug her but she tells him she doesn't care about him and doesn't have a brother. The look on Mightys face broke me. I actually cried a little. He spent years looking for her only to get rejected in the end. It's down right soul crushing dude.

Sally breaking up with Sonic pretty much just after he returned from his space trip (which happened to save everyone :/ I know you were feeling emotional Sally but... that's pretty harsh and pretty sad for the pair of you)

i know she's evil now but i think fiona fox's back story is pretty sad. you can't help but feel bad for her. she never knew her parents and was alone for most of her childhood. and the freedom fighters wonder why she turned on them...

1 person likes this

Locke sacrificing his life to break Dr.Finitevius' hex on the Master Emerald so Knuckles would be free from the whole Enerjak business.

i know she's evil now but i think fiona fox's back story is pretty sad. you can't help but feel bad for her. she never knew her parents and was alone for most of her childhood. and the freedom fighters wonder why she turned on them...

Personally, I think it was Sally's fault she left the Freedom Fighters.  Only Tails and Sonic welcomed her, Rotor criticised her, and Sally seemed hell-bent on driving her away.

My only thing against Fiona is she made Sonic and Tails fight and the whole slapping Tails thing.

Tommy Turtles sacrificing himself to stop A.D.A.M was pretty sad 

Personally, I think it was Sally's fault she left the Freedom Fighters.  Only Tails and Sonic welcomed her, Rotor criticised her, and Sally seemed hell-bent on driving her away.

I agree. and if the genesis reboot never happen i would definitely want a story line where tails finds out her backstory and feels sympathy for her to the point he can't fight her or hugs her or something cause he feels bad for her.  that and fiona and the rest of the distructix going solo since scourage is (or was) mr.stuck up and "i can do it myself".

I think there has been many many sad moments in the comics... especially Tommy's and Locke's sacrifices.. and then there was the whole "Fiona turning evil" thing and poor Tails had to suffer so much because of it.. Of course I understand why Fiona did what she did.. Still doesn't mean she did the right choice... and then Sally's death before the Genesis Wave.. (I was shocked to see that happen thank god it wasn't permanent thing..) Then Sally turning into a robot.. BUT after yet another Genesis wave happened I was just like "meh. they'll get her back and everything will be just fine yadda yadda yadda.." and of course Mighty meeting her sister after such a long time.. When I first saw Matilda I actually new there had to be some connection between the two.. but it was just sad she didn't go with them.

I think there has been many many sad moments in the comics... especially Tommy's and Locke's sacrifices.. and then there was the whole "Fiona turning evil" thing and poor Tails had to suffer so much because of it.. Of course I understand why Fiona did what she did.. Still doesn't mean she did the right choice... and then Sally's death before the Genesis Wave.. (I was shocked to see that happen thank god it wasn't permanent thing..) Then Sally turning into a robot.. BUT after yet another Genesis wave happened I was just like "meh. they'll get her back and everything will be just fine yadda yadda yadda.." and of course Mighty meeting her sister after such a long time.. When I first saw Matilda I actually new there had to be some connection between the two.. but it was just sad she didn't go with them.

i didn't know they did that. sorry, just getting into the comics, but i will admit i am glad that they brought her back, only because i'm sure there were some butt hurt people that day.

i didn't know they did that. sorry, just getting into the comics, but i will admit i am glad that they brought her back, only because i'm sure there were some butt hurt people that day.

Oh.. I'm so sorry for spoiling things from you then...

it's ok. i mind as well try to keep up with the current comics today anyway.

1 person likes this

it's ok. i mind as well try to keep up with the current comics today anyway.

Oh okay.. It's just that I've read all of the comics and so.. I remember stuff pretty well too but I just don't want to ruin the experience from you or from anyone else.. though.. also what happened to Maria was just.. sad.

Well.... it DID happen over a year ago... or is it two years now.  And TR was asking for sad moments without flagging up he hadn't read all of them, so you're not to blame Shinomi.

OT: Honestly, I think I have to echo a lot of what others have said, it's hard to find a sadder moment than Mighty and Matilda. 

1 person likes this

I remember reading Mobius: X years later where Sonic's kids were wiped out from existence because of the altered timeline, while the final print's panels of Sonic crying were sad to see the original has even more feels, just check out Tracey Yardley's DA scraps to see what I mean. Family death, especially kids, is no laughing matter.

People like Lien-Da and Fiona Fox's backstories were sad to read as it was what made them turn evil ultimately, they wouldn't be if they had a good childhood. I was empathetic to Fiona more and I wish she hadn't turn evil, couldn't blame her though for all that's happened.

Character deaths throughout the series were very sad but the one that hit me the most was Nate Morgan. The poor guy really didn't deserve to die, he was brilliant intellectually yet his crappy luck made him suffer so much from both Overlander and Mobian alike. His death was chilling to see and so utterly frustrating no one cared after that.

Let me think of other significant character deaths:

• Hope's family dying was a very tragic one. Like Nate, it was chilling to see them get Roboticized, whats more by their own relative, none other than Eggman himself. Reading issue 105 itself already gives you so much feels.
  • Tobor's story was another sad one to read. Got his identity swapped with his enemy for the reminder of his life and never seeing his family again, only to come back briefly and end up dying.
  • I felt sad to see the Ancient Walkers die as the storylines involving them were so interesting in the older issues. Ian Flynn wanted to remove them as they were God-like characters, thus not wanting religious stuff in the series from what I remember.
  • Mecha was another character I felt sad to see go. I personally liked her and being completely loyal to Eggman till the end caused her death, I mean she self-destructed under Eggman's orders despite being wrongly accused! 
  • Just wanted to put it out that I never cared for Tommy Turtle and I was happy to see him go, I mean almost everyone including Ian Flynn hated how they brought him back from the dead to join the Freedom Fighters and it was done so forcefully that made him so pathetic. Ian made a good decision to kill him off, at that time all the fans were waiting for it.
  • Locke was a interesting character in the series and it sucked personally to see him die, I mean it was weird, him and Knuckles' relationship was written well and it felt empty without him in the series after that. I always felt he was never dead but that he's just somewhere out there to be found again.
  • Remington crying over the demise of the Brotherhood of Guardians. I mean we never knew if they were truly dead or not because what is known was that they were tossed into the Twilight Zone by Dr Finitevus. It made me think for the other Echidna characters who died around the same time too, most perished by Eggman's Egg Grapes, they were all were classics in the older issues I loved.
  • While the idea of Charmy Bee being a prince was the only idea from the old continuity I disliked, it was nonetheless tragic to see his entire colony killed along with his family. Aside from Saffron Bee they never found any survivors.
  • Geoffrey thinking that Hershey is a goner was more than enough to feel sympathy for. The poor skunk only joined Naugus because he has nothing important in his life left, only to realize Naugus is just as twisted as any other villain is, so chilling to see him get possessed and being technically "erased" from existence when the Genesis Wave hit. What fan who read the comics before the reboot wouldn't feel devastated to know so many beloved characters got wiped out by the wave?

I remember reading Mobius: X years later where Sonic's kids were wiped out from existence because of the altered timeline, while the final print's panels of Sonic crying were sad to see the original has even more feels, just check out Tracey Yardley's DA scraps to see what I mean. Family death, especially kids, is no laughing matter.

People like Lien-Da and Fiona Fox's backstories were sad to read as it was what made them turn evil ultimately, they wouldn't be if they had a good childhood. I was empathetic to Fiona more and I wish she hadn't turn evil, couldn't blame her though for all that's happened.

Character deaths throughout the series were very sad but the one that hit me the most was Nate Morgan. The poor guy really didn't deserve to die, he was brilliant intellectually yet his crappy luck made him suffer so much from both Overlander and Mobian alike. His death was chilling to see and so utterly frustrating no one cared after that.

Let me think of other significant character deaths:

• Hope's family dying was a very tragic one. Like Nate, it was chilling to see them get Roboticized, whats more by their own relative, none other than Eggman himself. Reading issue 105 itself already gives you so much feels.
  • Tobor's story was another sad one to read. Got his identity swapped with his enemy for the reminder of his life and never seeing his family again, only to come back briefly and end up dying.
  • I felt sad to see the Ancient Walkers die as the storylines involving them were so interesting in the older issues. Ian Flynn wanted to remove them as they were God-like characters, thus not wanting religious stuff in the series from what I remember.
  • Mecha was another character I felt sad to see go. I personally liked her and being completely loyal to Eggman till the end caused her death, I mean she self-destructed under Eggman's orders despite being wrongly accused! 
  • Just wanted to put it out that I never cared for Tommy Turtle and I was happy to see him go, I mean almost everyone including Ian Flynn hated how they brought him back from the dead to join the Freedom Fighters and it was done so forcefully that made him so pathetic. Ian made a good decision to kill him off, at that time all the fans were waiting for it.
  • Locke was a interesting character in the series and it sucked personally to see him die, I mean it was weird, him and Knuckles' relationship was written well and it felt empty without him in the series after that. I always felt he was never dead but that he's just somewhere out there to be found again.
  • Remington crying over the demise of the Brotherhood of Guardians. I mean we never knew if they were truly dead or not because what is known was that they were tossed into the Twilight Zone by Dr Finitevus. It made me think for the other Echidna characters who died around the same time too, most perished by Eggman's Egg Grapes, they were all were classics in the older issues I loved.
  • While the idea of Charmy Bee being a prince was the only idea from the old continuity I disliked, it was nonetheless tragic to see his entire colony killed along with his family. Aside from Saffron Bee they never found any survivors.
  • Geoffrey thinking that Hershey is a goner was more than enough to feel sympathy for. The poor skunk only joined Naugus because he has nothing important in his life left, only to realize Naugus is just as twisted as any other villain is, so chilling to see him get possessed and being technically "erased" from existence when the Genesis Wave hit. What fan who read the comics before the reboot wouldn't feel devastated to know so many beloved characters got wiped out by the wave?

there's a reason why i made a fan fiction series bringing them back and keep bringing up the ken panders incident. i can't get over the fact there all gone...i really can't...

I read this in Sonic Universe recently. The arc where Mighty goes off to find his sister. That moment when Mighty finally sees Tilly again and tries to hug her but she tells him she doesn't care about him and doesn't have a brother. The look on Mightys face broke me. I actually cried a little. He spent years looking for her only to get rejected in the end. It's down right soul crushing dude.

Oh my goodness yes! That was soooooo sad. However, I loved how by the end of the arc Matilda was all like "GET OFF MY BROTHER!" and she and Mighty developed such a lovely brother & sister bond. I'm just really sad now that post-genesis wave, she's not around anymore as far as I can tell. I like the new direction of the comics so far for the most part, but that is one thing I'm really disappointed is gone. 

1 person likes this

Tommy Turtles sacrificing himself to stop A.D.A.M was pretty sad 

True.

Or when Knothole was destroyed because of Eggman in StH 175 and Sonic was like madness, run to a beach and then go back with his full speed power to knock off Eggman. We don't saw Sonic crying but we saw that he had a bad feeling-mixture between anger and sadness and that was one of the best and sad moments I've ever seen.

It doesn't belong to StH but I really cried there. Mega Man issue 53 when Quick Man made that choice to go offline and Mega Man wanted to rescue all and he see that the robots of MM2 have no longer a fuction with no fighting him.