Pokemon: Drake and Wyvern

192 posts in this topic

Posted

Kim excitedly jumped up and handed her Azurril over to Nurse Joy with care.

Posted

"Oh that's good to hear.. and thank you I will!" Vivian said holding Eevee as she then heard a familiar sound from the other room. 

"... oh boy." She said turning pale before looking to the other direction as she saw a man in a lab coat walking towards him looking both shocked and angry.

"Excuse me for intruding like this Nurse Joy but may I have a word with my daughter?" Matthew said then looking back at Vivian.

"Hi dad..." Vivian said awkwardly trying to hide the worst the bruises.

Posted

Scabbard town - Pine's research center

"Cool! I can't wait to see what it is!" Said Jack when he heard his name being called.

"I'm up now. I will come back to see the egg after I pick up my Pokémon." said Jack as the waved to Amber and walked towards the box bearing his name.

"Hello Professor Pine, I am sure you know my mum and Dad. And my brother picked up his Charmy here five years ago. They are waiting outside could you go and see them after sorting everyone here" said Jack as he reached for the Pokeball containing his Pokemon.

He looked at it looking anxious but put it on the table. He then put everything else away in his bag and picked up the pokeball again. He then walked back to Amber and looked at the egg.

Posted

Research Centre - Meeting Room

"Oh, of course you can Matthew.  Her Eevee is doing well," said Nurse Joy.  She took ahold of Kim's Azurill.  "It's very healthy.  Has it been with you for a while?" she asked.

"Er... I'm sure I can meet them afterwords," said Pine to Jack, before resting his chin on his hands.  "Let's see," he murmured to himself.  "Who was here five years ago...?"  Kimi cleared her throat, causing him to jump.  "Oh, of course, the last four."  He glanced over to where Amber was sitting.  "Still not hatched yet, so we'll do the rest of you.  There is a reason I left you all together."  Pine brought out three case. "Lynda and Daniel Andrews and Kimberly McCrae."

Amber gave a little jump in her seat as the top of the egg suddenly shattered and a brown furred head poked out, looking at Amber wild it's big eyes.  "Veeeee!"

-------

Research Centre - Outside

The crowd outside will still milling around, when suddenly a hush fell on it.  The crowd parted, letting a figure in a long blue coat walk towards the Research Centre.  The hursh broke and the hubbub of voices was even louder and more excited as the figure took off a pair of sunglasses and slid them into his pocket.

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

"That's us!" Lynda said interrupting her brother's teasing

Danny looked up too

"Our Pokemon!" he said excitedly running over to Pine

Lynda giggled at her brother's sudden enthusiasm but walked over too

Posted

Research Center

Tony puts Turtwig up to his shoulder, as the pokemon climbs up and rests there. He then hears the crowd outside become even louder as he turns to the door.

"I wonder what that could be about" he says.

'Turt..." Turtwig responds, just as curious.

Posted

Research Center

Rob holds out the pokeball and releases the Pokémon from within it.

"Froakie!" Responded a very happy and energetic Froakie.

Rob smiled a bit at the Pokémon.

Posted

Vivian followed her dad to the other room ready to hear the lecture as she held her head down.

"Okay.. Here it comes. I'm sure it will be even worse than THAT time...." She thought to herself.

She felt a hand land on her shoulder as she then looked at the ground then quickly close her eyes getting ready for the lecture but then she realized her father wasn't going to yell to her. In fact he hugged her before almost crying.

"Oh my god.. Do you have any idea how worried I was?! How worried I always am for my little girl!" Matthew said wiping his tears.

"Dad... C'mon.. So I get few bruises every now and then It's nothing dangerous." Vivian said embarrassed.

"You call THIS a FEW??" Matthew said holding her bruised hand.

"...Okay so I get a LOT of bruises..." Vivian continued looking away.

Posted

Annie was too nervous and hid herself away in a corner of the room watching all the others.

Jack saw the Eevee Hatch and was made speechless at the sight of it. He let out an "awh" at it's cuteness but quickly sorted himself out.

"You have an Eevee as your first pokemon. That is a good start. I chose Chimchar but I don't want to meet it for the first time until I am outside where my big bro met his Charmander for the first time" said Jack slightly too loud.

Posted

Research Centre

"A year or so. He's been with me a while," smiled Kim.

Posted

Kimi hurried over to the professor as well, almost snatching up her pokeball.  She stared at it excitedly.  Pine shook his head a little, still smiling, and handed Lynda and Danny their cases.  

"That's good, I can see you have a strong bond.  I hope you keep taking good care of him," said Nurse Joy to Kim, handing her pokemon back the walking over to Amber.

Amber stroked the newly hatched Eevee's head, who squeaked happily.  "Hello there.  Really nice to meet you," she smiled, then looked up at Jack.  "That...er... that's nice," she said shyly, not sure what to say and slightly scared by his almost shouting tone.

"I think that's almost everyone," the Professor spoke up.  "Now, I know some of you will be very eager to get going on your journey and start battling.  So to get a chance to do so in a safe environment with a Nurse on hand, I thought I'd organise a quick little friendly tournament for you, if you want to take part."

(And back to usual posting from here)

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

Lynda and Danny took their pokeballs

Lynda opened hers up quickly and a Fennekin came out

"Awww...you're so adorable!" she said picking it up

The Fennekin fenned happily at her as she petted it

Danny looked at his sister with a smirk before letting out his own Pokemon... which happened to also be a Fennekin

Posted

Pokemon Research Center

"A tournament eh?" Tony says as his attention turns back to the professor. "I'm game."

Posted

Pokémon Research Center

"A tournament? I'll partake in it." Said Rob as the Froakie jumped on his shoulder.

Posted

Jack heard Pine and turned around.

"A tournament huh? Will there be a prize and can we have a few minutes to get to know our pokemon first?" Asked Jack as he clenched his pokeball tightly.

Annie heard Pine and thought maybe she could use this chance. "Professor, I will take part. But if I may I would like to offer a free meal for trainer and Pokemon as a prize for the winner" said Annie as she walked towards Professor Pine.

Posted

Vivian came walking from the other room almost entirely covered in bandages since her father just "wanted to be sure" like he had said himself.

"What's going on here? Something about a tournament?" Vivian asked.

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

"Thank you," smiled Kim as she took her Azurril back.

"A tournament? You up for it?" Her pokemon nodded excitedly.

"I'll give it a shot if the little guy is happy to," said Robert.

Posted

(OOC: Apologies for taking so long with this, I've been preoccupied with personal matters. I should be getting back up to speed now.)

Xander opened the Pokeball, revealing his new Pokemon. From inside the Pokeball emerged a small, curious Piplup. "...Pi-piplup?" it said, meeting its new Trainer for the first time. "Aww. Hey there, little guy. I'm Xander." said Xander, happy to meet his new partner. "It's great to finally meet you, Piplup." However, the Piplup didn't seem as happy, letting out a distrusting "Pip! Pi-piplup!" Xander was surprised, and decided to check his Pokedex to see if anything was wrong with Piplup. But after reading the Pokemon's description, Xander muttered to himself, "Ah, that's it. Piplup don't like being looked after, and aren't exactly Trainer-friendly." Nevertheless, Xander seemed confident that he could train his Piplup as a partner anyway. They both soon heard the others talking about a tournament, and joined them. "A tournament, eh? Sounds like a good chance to practice some moves." he said, before asking his new partner, "What about you, Piplup?" Piplup thought for a moment, then looked back at Xander, seemingly determined to fight. Piplup responded somewhat positively, "Pi-pip! Plup!" to which Xander nodded.

Posted

"Yes, we're going to have a small tournament, if you want to take part," said the Professor to Vivian.  "And of course you can have a few minutes to get to know your new friends.  A strong bond will help you, after all.  And prizes, yes, there will be a small one."  He stopped as Anna spoke up.  "Well, if your parents are willing to agree to that Annie I suppose the prize is a little larger now.  But the original prize..." Pine took a Quick Ball and two potions out of his lab coat.  His Lillipup's eyes focused and followed the Quick Ball with interest.  "A Quick Ball for the winner, and a Potion for the two runners up."

Amber continued petting her Eevee, helping it out of it's shell as Nurse Joy came over.  "May I have a look at it please?" she asked.

"Oh, of course," said Amber quietly.  "She looks healthy and strong."

"You can tell it's a she?" asked Nurse Joy.  Amber nodded shyly.

Meanwhile Kimi was staring at her pokeball, seemingly nervous now she finally had it in her hands.

Posted

"I will handle all the cooking and the Pokemon food is not a problem since I was the one who made most of it." Said Annie to Pine. She then returned to the corner she previously hid in waiting for the tournament.

"Professor I will be taking part in the tournament. But I am going to meet Chimchar in the same place you shown Charmy to my brother five years ago. When you get the chance come outside to speak with James. And Charmy really wants to see you too." said Jack before he bowed to Pine.

"Xander, Oh and you there the guy with the Turtwig. We have a job to do each of us has one of the three Sinnoh starters so let's prove which one is the best! Oh and Turtwig guy My name is Jack. What is yours?" Asked Jack.

(This part takes place after Tony has answered)

"Tony huh? Nice name! Jack, Tony and Xander the Sinnoh rivals!" Joked Jack before he suddenly stopped as he looked at his pokeball.

"I am going outside to meet Chimchar. See you when I come back in" said Jack as he quickly left the room before anyone could answer.

Scabbard town - Outside Pine's research center

"Charmy inside Jack is getting his first Pokémon. He first meeting won't be like ours since we met out here. Actually we met right here" said James as he walked onto the very spit he was frozen in five years ago as Charmy walked to the spot he recalled being let out in where he first saw James.

"JAMES!" Yelled Jack as he rushed out of the door to his brother.

"Bro I have him. Chimchar is inside this pokeball. I just haven't met him yet" said Jack as he held the pokeball tightly.

"Why haven't you met him yet Jack?" Asked James.

Jack suddenly loosened his grip slightly and looked more nervous. "B.. b.. be.. cause after you told me that story of how you met Charmy for the first time. I wanted to meet Chimchar in the same spot to honour you two and in hope we will be as great friends as you are" said Jack with a red face while look at the floor too embarrassed to look at James .

James let out a little laugh and Charmy had a giggle fit. "Jack the fact we met out here had nothing to do with what we became. That was due to the steps we took on our journey and all the friends we made along the way. But it is good to know you respect me as a trainer. The spot I am standing on it where I stood five years ago and where Charmy stands is where he was five years ago. Step onto the spot take a deep breath and savour every second as you let Chimchar out" said James as he and Charmy stepped aside.

Jack slowly stepped onto the spot James just stood on. He took a deep breath as he looked at his pokeball. "This is it. This is moment we meet for the first time. Come on out Chimchar!" Yelled Jack as he threw his Pokeball and Let Chimchar out in the spot Charmy had stood on.

Or was Silent for a moment until James stepped forward. "Chimchar this is your trainer and new best friend Jack. Jack this is your partner and new best friend Chimchar. Together you are going to achieve great things" said James as Chimchar and Jack looked directly at each other.

The pair stared directly into each other's eyes. In Jack's eyes Chimchar could see a fiery determination with a great love for pokemon. In Chimchar's eyes Jack could see a desire to be strong and love for being challenged. After about three minutes the serous looks on the pair's faces turn into smiles as Chimchar ran and jumped into Jack's arms.

James and Charmy just looked on with smiles on their faces. Jack put Chimchar down and said "Chimchar there is a tournament taking place inside soon. What do you say we take it all!" To which Chimchar clenched his fist and said "CHAR!"

"Show me what Moves you know pal" said Jack as Chimchar shown that he only knew Scratch and Leer.

"Just Scratch and Leer huh? No fire type Moves yet. But that means it is possible that Piplup doesn't know water Moves yet. And your combination is useful for dealing large amounts of damage. Chimchar use Scratch on me as strong as you can" ordered Jack which shocked both James and Charmy. Chimchar was surprised but when he looked at Jack's face he understood and delivered a strong Scratch to Jack's right arm.

"That is some power! Keep using Scratch on me and I will keep dodging from here on. He we do this enough you will be so used to using Scratch that you will be quicker with your reflexes while in battle" said Jack as Chimchar nodded and the pair began their unique training method.

Posted (edited)

Research Center- Meeting Room

"My name's Tony. It's a pleasure to meet you." Tony responds as he shakes Jacks hand. He then watches the two head outside after their conversation.

"That potion could come in handy. You ready to aim for it?Tony asks Turtwig, who then jumps from his arms and onto the ground.

"Turt!" he lets out with courage as he wags his tail.

Edited by Knuckles The Echidna

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

"You got a Fennekin too? You sneak!" Lynda said to her brother still petting her Fennekin

"You just know I'll train mine better than yours!" Danny taunted

Lynda tried not to smirk

"I have confidence in Finn" she said. She then looked up. "A tournament? Hmm..."

"What's the matter? Are you scared to join? You're little Fennekin would be no match for mine" her brother asked. His Fennekin gave a confident "Fenn"

"Of course not. I'm just thinking it'll be good to level him up a little. It should boost his confidence if he does well too!" Lynda said smiling at Finn

"Well I want my Fennekin to be as strong as he can" Danny said

Lynda smiled

"I'm glad you're doing this for your Pokemon and not for the prize" she said

"Of course this is for my Pokemon!" Danny said rolling his eyes like it was obvious. "But the quick ball would be a good prize"

Lynda just kept smiling and Finn nuzzled against her as she petted him

Posted

Pokémon Research Center

"A quick ball and a couple of potions will be useful for the beginning of our journey. What do you think Frokie? Froakie?" Said Rob as he turned and saw Froakie dancing.

"Uh... I think this Froakie is a little to silly. Scratch that. He's too silly." Said Rob.

Posted

"A Quick Ball? Now that could come in handy. Right, Pip...lup...?" Xander said, before noticing that Piplup was too busy watching Rob's Froakie dancing. Seeing this, Xander thought to himself, 'This is going to be harder than I thought...' He was then somewhat bewildered with Jack's sudden actions. Xander then decided to approach Tony. "Sinnoh rivals? Heh, that guy sure has a lot of enthusiasm," he said to Tony. "Sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Xander, and my partner Piplup is... over there,"​ he continued, seeing that Piplup was still fixated on the dancing Froakie. "Well, at least he's made one new friend... I think?"

Posted

Pokemon Research Center

Vivian looked at her little Eevee friend and thought about the tournament a bit before saying: "I think I'll pass this one. Although my friend here seemed to be fine otherwise I don't think it's a good idea for him to fight right now.. and well I don't really do fighting all that well.." 

She then picked up Eevee "Though I guess if you want to fight it's okay? What do you say?" She asked from Eevee who in return looked at her and then at all the other pokemon around it shyly.