Pokemon: Drake and Wyvern

192 posts in this topic

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre – Scabbard Town

Steam rose from the warm tea as Professor Alistair Pine picked up the mug and heading towards the glass fronted conference room of the Pokemon Research Centre.  With this being the day of his tenth anniversary as a professor in Scabbard Town, some joker had left a happy birthday card in his office.  But as the badge with the card showed a Squirtle, his own starter years ago, he was wearing it with pride on his lab coat.

Through the windows of the room he could already see the pink haired Nurse Joy setting up the room.  She looked up a little surprised as Pine entered.

“Professor?  You’re up early!” she commented, looking at the clock above his head which showed a few minutes past 6am

“And you think our new group of trainers won’t be?” asked Pine with a smile.  “They might not be due till ten but believe me they’ll arrive early so we better be ready for them.”  He looked around the room appraisingly.  “But you seem to be well head of me Nurse.  By the way, the kettles just boiled in the canteen if you would like a cup of tea.”

“Thank you, I’d love one,” replied the Nurse.  “Don’t go yourself, I’ll get it.”

“If you insist,” Pine replied.  “I’ll get the cases out.”  Joy nodded and left the room while the Professor began checking the cases labelled with the names of the new trainers.  Each contained a Pokedex, half a dozen empty Pokeballs, and their starter Pokemon inside a Pokeball, except for a couple who were bringing their own starters..  As he looked through, the Professors eyebrow rose and he turned to look at the returning Nurse Joy, tea cup in hand.

“Nurse, is there a mistake with the shipment?  There seems to be a lot of Fennekins here!” asked the Professor, sorting through the cases.

“I’ve double checked the manifests,” replied Nurse Joy, taking a sip from her cup.  “Fennekins seem to be popular with this group.” 

“I see.  I suppose these trends do come and go.  Like two years ago when every starter chosen was from the Kanto Region,” mused the Professor with a chuckle, though something seemed to be bothering the Nurse.

“Professor?  Maybe… we should postpone this group.  There are those stories of Trainers going missing…” began Joy, but the Professor gave a small wave.

“You’re worrying too much.  Trainers often go off the beaten path, and you know how unreliable the holocaster signal is in Ganlo.  It’s not the first time it happened, nor the last,” said the Professor reassuringly.  He took a final gulp of tea and put his empty mug on the desk.  “I’m going to check on the training facilities.  Give me a call if any of our young… or old newcomers arrive."  With a nod he left the room, humming happily to himself as a small Lillipup came out of his office and started walking at his heels.

-------------

Day Care Centre – Scabbard Town

“C’mon Amber, hurry up!” called Kimberly, more commonly known as Kimi, to her twin sister.   She skated in circles around her sister, her ginger hair flapping behind her in a ponytail.  Amber however looked nervous, clutching the Eevee egg which had been gifted to her.  The two girls were at the end of the road junction which led to their parents Day Care centre, a short way outside Scabbard Town.

The twins had already said their goodbyes, but their older brother had followed them to the road end, both to see them off and to check on the pair of Ponyta’s the Day Care was looking after.

“Do… do you really think I should do this Michael?” Amber asked her brother, looking up at him. 

“Of course you should.  I never wanted to do anything but work here, but going was still a great experience, and one you girls should really do!” Michael replied with certainty.

“I still don’t get why you didn’t at least TRY to join the League Championship.  You had all your badges,” Kimi shot back, coming to a halt.

“Like I said, that’s not where my interests lay.  I didn’t want to be stuck with a title I’d need to defend all the time,” he retorted with a smile.

“Seems silly to me!” shrugged Kimi.  “But let’s get started.”  She started skating away, give a farewell wave to Michael.

“KIMI!” called Amber, but her sister was already on her way.  She gave one last look towards her brother.

“Don’t worry Amber, your egg will hatch in time,” said Michael anticipating his sister question.  “And you’ll have fun, I know it.” 

Amber gave a weak smile, hugged her brother as best she could while still holding her egg, then ran after her sister calling her name.

Posted

Just outside Scabbard town

On the road just outside Scabbard town a jeep was on its way to Professor Pine's lab. The driver and boy in the passenger were perfectly calm but the boy in the back couldn't keep still.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! I want to get started already!" Yelled Jack from the back of the jeep holding his worn our bag in his arms tightly.

"Calm down Jack! We will be there soon enough. If you rush this you will miss the most important feeling a trainer could ever get! The feeling of knowing that you are about to get a new best friend and partner who will be with you all the way to the end!" Said the boy in the passenger seat.

Hearing those words calmed Jack down. "James you used to be more impatient than I am. Did you miss that feeling?" asked Jack.

"No bro I didn't. When I got to lab for my Charmander fear took hold me causing me to freeze in place. I was frozen in place for over an hour, unable to move a muscle. The professor thought I wasn't coming and was about to go into town when he saw me standing there looking scared" said James.

"You were scared? But you were so confident that you will be a great trainer and a Champion one day. Why were you so scared?" Asked Jack.

"I realised that I was about to start a journey where I was on my own and had no one to protect me. And I was also responsible for my Pokémon too. When I was never any good at looking after you" said James.

"D.. do you think I will be any good?" Asked Jack sounding very nervous.

"Of Course you will! I felt that way but the Prof saw me so scared that he went back inside to collect a pokeball. Then I heard him say. You must be James, allow me to introduce you to Charmander. It was then he let it out of the pokeball and at the sight of it my fear melted away" said James.

"Your fear just melted away seeing Charmy for the first time?" Asked Jack.

"Yeah, and the feeling I had in that moment I will never forget. It helped guide me to who I am today. So I am sure the second you see your Chimchar. All of your fears and doubts will just disappear" said James.

"Your brother is right Jack. The moment you see your first pokemon, everything changes in your heart. So just sit still savouring every second until you see the best friend you can ever have" said the driver.

Posted (edited)

Stockade Forest

A girl came running out of the forest carrying a Eevee with her as she made her way towards the Scabbard Town as fast as she could on foot.

"I can not be late. I can not be late!! I mean sure I would've decided to not come to the forest but.. Who could possibly resist?!" Vivian yelled at herself.

The little Eevee looked at Vivian with an innocent look.

"And you weren't exactly helping when you bit me. Though I guess that's a natural reaction to a wild and lost pokemon...argh! anyway WE have got to hurry to the Research Center!" Vivian said to the little Eevee as she then ran even faster towards the town.

She hadn't had the time to say proper goodbye to her parents as both of them were busy working and Vivian was too excited to go and explore the forest one last time since she "felt like something good could happen." She had already packed her backpack and was ready to go though she did feel disturbed about the fact she'd receive pokeballs for her journey. Other than that she was totally ready to go on an adventure. But AGAIN she had few bruises on her legs and arms.

"I know what dad would say if he'd hear about this..." Vivian thought.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Posted

Danny and Lynda's house - Scabbard Town

Lynda woke up to a pillow being thrown at her head

"Come on sis! It's time to wake up!" her younger brother, Danny said in a panic. "We're going to be late!"

Lynda took a look at the clock then pulled the blanket over her head

"It's still early.We have ages before we need to be there!" she said. Although she was as eager as her bother to get going, she also couldn't pass the opportunity to tease him a little

Danny just threw another pillow at her

"I'll go without you if you don't wake up!" he said

With this, Lynda sat up in bed with a smirk

"Mom said I need to make sure you get to the research center before you can go off on your own! Besides, she won't let us leave without having breakfast first!" She said

Danny scowled but said nothing

Now it was Lynda's turn to throw a pillow at Danny and she got him on the head

"Now get out of my room! I need to pick what I wear for the journey!" she said with a grin

Posted

Rob's house- Scabbard Town

Rob got out of his bed and put on his clothes.

As soon as he got what he was wearing, he combed his long blonde hair.

"Today's the day. I finally get to start my journey!" Said Rob as he put on his dark sunglasses.

Posted

Scabbard City, road to Research Centre

Cruising down the road in his jeep, Robert was hoping to get to the centre early so he wouldn't have to deal with the inevitable flood of children. The last thing he wanted was to waste half his day waiting in line, having already been on the road for over an hour. Pulling into a parking bay close to the centre, he turned off the engine and jumped out, briefly glancing up at the rising sun before strolling down the road towards the centre, removing his hat as he entered the reception area.

Scabbard City, Kim's house

A loud ringing resonated throughout Kim's room when her alarm clock struck 6am. Before she could reach over to stop it, her Azurill sprung up from its own sleep and lightly bopped the button with its tail.

"Now you're just showing off. You picked that up pretty fast," she said wearily, smiling at the little mouse. After a few minutes she had changed into her usual garb.

"Come on, let's head downstairs and get breakfast. Today's the day!" Kim and her Azurill hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen where they wolfed down their respective meals. After saying her goodbyes to her proud parents and promising to keep them updated, Kim picked up her Azurill and set off towards the Research Centre.

Posted

Scabbard Town 

Vivian continued running exhausted but refused to stop until the Research Centre. She looked at the little Eevee from time to time to make sure it was still fine. The only thing she was worrying about was that she could accidentally meet her father and of course he'd start the never ending lecture of his. He always did that ever since she had had the little accident in the forest. 

"Please let dad be on a break. PLEASE let dad be on a break..." She wished silently while running and dodging people. If she hadn't been used to this she would have probably gotten lost in the crowd. She suddenly stopped at the side of the road to look at the Eevee. It didn't seem to be moving as much as it did before.

"Oh no. No no no no...  Please. You didn't seem to be in THAT bad condition you just can't be-" She stopped in the middle of the sentence only to realize the Eevee was SLEEPING.

"Well aren't you sleeping in a weird place. Just don't EVER scare me like that again.." She said laughing a bit as she then ran back into the crowd towards the Research Centre.

Posted

On the outskirts of Scabbard Town...

Xander had just entered the town, thinking a lot about today. "Five years I've held this off... and yet I still feel like I'm 10 all over again!" he said, amused with himself. This was the day that he'd finally begin his journey, but it didn't come without his worries. "I hope Mum can handle things on her own for now..." he said to himself. As he entered the town proper, Xander decided to sit down on a nearby bench. He was surprisingly tired after walking all the way from Dirk Town just to get his Starter Pokemon, since he had to take the long route around to avoid Wild Pokemon. "Well, at least it looks like I might've got here... early...?" he said, before noticing a large crowd in the distance. "...Or not."​ Xander got up from the bench, and headed towards the Research Centre, somewhat dreading to enter the crowd...

Posted

Rapier Town Port

Tony looks off into the deep blue horizon as he gets ready to depart to Scabbard town to begin his journey as a pokemon trainer. As he finalizes his back-pack, his parents come over to bid him farewell.

"I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished so far Tony." his moms says as she hugs him gently.

"Thanks mom, but we both know the real test is about to start now. This is the most popular, yet difficult profession there is." he replies, holding onto his mothers arms as they wrap around him.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't be your birth parents, I'm sure if they ever saw you, they'd be just as happy." she says.

"Come on now, you know that's not the reason I'm leaving home." Tony says as he stands up and turns to face his mother. "It doesn't matter if you gave birth to me or not. You raised me from birth, and cared for me as if I was truly yours. I couldn't ask for any better parents than that, and our diversity is what gave me the passion to go out and explore the many differences of the world."

"Just be sure you don't get yourself thrown into the wrong crowd there pup." Tony's dad interrupts as he rubs him hard on the head to the point that it's pushing him to bow. Tony's mother giggles a bit as Tony grabs hold on his dads arm and moves it into a handshake.

"Come on now pops, I'm practically the same height as you now. You can't still be getting a kick out of that." he says with a smirk.

"Ha! You'd be surprised the little things fathers enjoy most about their children, no matter how big they get. I could still knock you off you feet." his father replies as he completes the handshake and the two bump fists. "So that's why I want you to get stronger, and surpass your old man in everything you do."

"Knock it off, you guys aren't that old." Tony says laughing. The ship lets out a loud horn as it gets ready to set sail. Tony gives one last hug to his parents and puts on his backpack.

"I gotta come back this way sooner or later, so I'll see you guys again!" he says as he dashes off waving. His parents wave back farewell as he gets on the boat and once more looks off into the distance.

"Next stop, a new life." 

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre – Scabbard Town

“There’s been a delay in the shipment Prof,” a short purpled haired assistant in a slightly oversized lab coat informed Pine as he returned to the foyer with another cup of tea.  “The rejuvenation drive won’t be here for days… maybe weeks.”

“A shame, I’m dying to know what that strange fossil is from,” replied Pine taking a sip of tea as his Lillipup snarled a little at the assistant.  “Did they give a reason?”

“It was stolen!” the assistant spoke quietly.

“Stolen?  You’re joking!” retorted the Professor with a raised eyebrow.

“No sir,” said the researcher, wanting to change the subject before Pine asked for answers she didn’t have.  She glanced out the windowed doors.  “There’s a big crowd there.”

“Always is on these days.  Family and friends cheering the new trainers on, local press making a fuss, plus the usual gawkers,” said the Professor, inspecting the group outside.  “Though it is odd to see the crowd arrive BEFORE any of the trainers.”   An eyebrow rose as a man in his late twenties made his way through the crowd and into the building.  He walked forward.  “Can I help you?  I’m afraid we are preoccupied this morning, so it will need to wait unless it’s an emergency.  Though, if you’re looking for an interview, you can wait outside with the other reporters.”

-------------

Outside Research Centre – Scabbard Town

Kimi and Amber were weaving their way through the crowd.  Kimi moved stylishly with confidence on her skates, managing to find a path through.  Amber on the other hand moved much more slowly, tired out, perspiring a little and red faced from running after her sister.  After a few ‘excuse me’s she made her way though, seeing the large garden on front on the centre, several paved paths running through it, and Kimi standing in the middle waiting for her.

“You’ve gotta move faster Sis if we’re gonna travel together.  Maybe you should get a pair of skates too?” she laughed, know her sister would never do so.

Amber was too short of breath to reply, instead she just glared.  Kimi ignored the glare.  “C’mon, let’s get inside.”  She turned and skated towards the doors.

“Wait!” called Amber, running forward to try and catch up.  But as she did her foot caught on the kerb, tripping her and sending her flying forward onto the ground.  The impact caused her grip to slip, and the Egg she’d been carrying shot forward in the air.  

Posted

Research Centre- Scabbard Town

"I made it!!" Vivian shouted as she tried to catch a breath. "I swear those people were all out to get me! That one guy nearly squeezed me to death! Good thing I know shortcuts.. Not that everyone would agree to actually use them.. ehheh.." She said before she heard someone yelling.

"Huh?" Vivian turned around to look and saw a girl fall on the ground and an egg in the air.

"Oh that is not going to end well!" She said as she put Eevee and her jacket quickly on the ground and then ran towards the egg trying to catch it.

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre, Scabbard Town

"A reporter? No I've never much time for them. I can see why you'd think that though," chuckled Robert, looking down at his vest as he reached into his pocket and produced his ranger ID, showing it to the Professor.

"I'm here to get a Pokemon for work. A late starter, I know."

Outside Pokemon Research Centre, Scabbard Town

Kim was frantically running down the street, but came to an abrupt halt when she saw the crowd.

"I didn't think there were gonna be so many people here," she said to her Azurill, exasperated. With a deep breath she started squeezing her way through the crowd, trying not to get inadvertantly elbowed as she did so. After a bit more maneuvring she was through, and headed through the garden.

Posted

Outside Research Center-Scabbard Town

Rob got on his Skateboard to get to the research center quick.

"I'll get there in time." Said Rob as he ride his skateboard but stopped when he saw the crowd.

"Gotta get pass this mass of people." Said Rob as he tried to get through the crowd.

Rob finally managed to get pass the crowd and headed for the garden.

Posted

Open Sea, passing the mountains

Tony looks out in awe as he gets a full view of the islands while the ship sails by to reach the starter town. As he continues to gaze upon the view, a woman walks up to him.

"You look like you'd be a pokemon trainer. Care for a quick battle for fun?" she offers him.

"Oh, no thank you miss, I'm actually going to get my first pokemon now to start my journey." Tony replies.

"Really? But you look so old. Most start by the time they reach 11 and are nearly masters by now." she replies shocked.

"I know....but I wanted to make sure this was the right thing for me before I set off. To be honest, I don't even know what I'll want to do exactly once I become one." Tony says, feeling a little ashamed of his late decisions.

"Oh no, don't think anything bad of it. I'm sure you'll find it much easier to move on with your maturity. If you want, we can exchange messaging so I can help you out whenever you need it."

Tony looks to the woman for a second, then pulls out his phone. "Sure, I guess we can do that. Whats your name?"

"Elaina....Elaina Carver." she replies as the two exchange contact information.

"Strange, I feel like I've heard that name before somewhere." Tony says, trying to think.

"Don't worry about it too much." Elaina cuts him off, rubbing his cheek to get a better look at his face. "I can already tell you'll become a great trainer someday, so be sure to get back to me for that battle as well, okay?" she asks with a smile.

"Ummm, sure." Tony says, blushing. Elaina laughs a bit as she bids him farewell and starts to head back to her room. Tony stands there for a moment, watching her go, as he then turns back to viewing the islands.

(Imma work on her bio now, if thats ok. Just a sudden thing I came up with to give myself a second character cause I couldn't think of one before)

Posted

Scabbard town - Behind the crowd

The driver quickly pulled the brake on the jeep."Jack this crowd is too big. I can't drive you the rest of the way. You will have to find another way there. Sorry son" said the Driver.

"Don't worry dad. Charmy can take him the rest of the way" said James as he threw out a Pokeball to reveal a Charizard. Charmy Jack is gonna be late to collect his first Pokemon if he doesn't get there soon. Take him there as quick as you can to Pine's lab! Now go!" Said James which caused Jack to undo his seat belt as Charmy quickly tool off and grabbed Jack from the back seat.

Charmy and Jack then flew over the crowd towards Pine's lab We quite a fast pace. Charmy let out a loud Roar knowing people would hear it.

Posted

Scabbard town - Walking to the Pokemon Research Centre

"Did you have to walk with me?" Danny asked with a groan. Both he and his sister had eaten their breakfast and after a long goodbye to their parents, they had begun heading for the Research centre

"Well...we're both going to the same place" Lynda replied with a smirk. "Besides! Mom wanted me to walk you there before you went off on your own"

"But it's stupid!" Danny complained

"Instead of complaining, will you tell me what starter you picked now?" Lynda asked

"No!" Danny said starting to grin,knowing that would irritate his sister

"Aww come on bro. I told you mine" Lynda said

"Well then you shouldn't have if you were expecting me to tell you yours!" Danny replied grinning more

"Whatever. It looks like we're he... was that an egg flying over the crowd?" Lynda asked in surprise before running to find where it was going

Danny on the other hand paid more attention to the Charizard taking Jack to the centre

"Wow... I want a Pokemon like that!" he said with an excited grin. He then started trying to make his way through the crowd to the research centre

Posted

As Xander approached the crowd, he began to see just how many others were there. "Woah! And I thought it was packed enough here last year!" he said to himself, then witnessing what looked like an egg getting tossed in the distance. Before he could react properly though, Xander also saw a Charizard carrying someone over the crowd. "Oh, come on! That's got to be cheating!" he said, before turning his attention back to the egg. But he was too far to reach it in time, instead thinking to himself, 'I hope someone caught that egg in time...' Xander then began to try and weave his way through the growing crowd as best as he could...

Posted

Research Centre - Lobby

"Oh yes, of course!  I'm sorry," smiled the Professor apologetically.  "I knew we had one 'late starter' as you put it today.  Just didn't know what you looked like.  Would you like to pick up your pokemon now, or wait till the other trainees arrive?" he asked, before looking behind Robert.  "Though judging from the kerfuffle out there, they may have already arrived."

----------

Research Centre - Garden

Amber let out a scream seeing her egg fly through the air.  The sound caused he sister to stop and turn, eyes widening with shock.  She started skating back to catch the egg, but a roar from above shocked her into halting and starting at the incoming Charizard.

Thankfully, Vivian was indeed close enough to catch the egg before it impacted on the ground.

"Oh thank you!" gasped Amber as she got to her feet and winced.

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

"No need to apologise, I probably should have sent a picture. I'd like to get started as soon as possible, if it's all the same to you. Though if there aren't that many I don't mind waiting, I'd hate to royally mess up your schedule, Professor," replied Robert.

Just outside, Kim had made her way through the doors, taking in the expansive lobby of the centre.

Posted

Pokemon Research Centre

It took time but eventually Danny managed to push his way through the crowd

"One advantage to being smaller than these adults" he thought to himself. "I can fit between them easier"

He then proceeded to enter the centre

"Hello? I'm here for my Pokemon" he said though he was looking around admiring the centre

------------

Research Centre - Garden

"Is everything okay?" Lynda called out running to where Amber and Vivian were. "I saw an egg flying and got worried!"

Posted

Scabbard Town Pier

The ship arrives as Tony gets off and looks around the area. He had never been anywhere further than Glaive town, and the mass of the town took him by surprise. He stared in awe, unsure of where to go until he felt a push behind him.

"You going to sit there lost, or go explore the sites?" Elaina says, catching up with Tony after exiting the ship.

"Oh, Elaina. I was just taking it all in for the first time. I didn't really leave my hometown much." he responds.

"Oh come now, you can't let that stop you from moving forward. You're going to get your first pokemon right?" 

"Yes, most people in the region start here." 

"Then why wait any longer? I'll help you find the lab." Elaina exclaims as she grabs Tonys hand and drags him into the town.

Posted

Pokemon Research Garden

Rob noticed the girls with an egg but decided not worry about it.

Rob made his way into the Research Center itself.

Posted

Eventually, Xander made it through the crowd and into the Research Centre. Once inside, he began to feel really excited. "Phew, made it!" he said, before noticing some other trainers had arrived too. Xander decided to look around the centre for a bit, then saw the Professor. "Oh, are you Professor Alistair Pine?" he asked.

Posted (edited)

Research Centre-Garden

"Ehheh you're welcome though next time try to be more careful. It would have been terrible if this egg had fell or if you had hurt yourself. Are you okay?" Vivian said giving Amber back her egg.

"My name is Vivian by the way. Vivian Thompson." She said smiling then looking back at the Research Centre's doors where the little Eevee was. It had woken up but seemed to be comfortable lying on Vivian's jacket.

"We should probably go inside right? I mean you must be here to pick up your pokedex and pokeballs am I right?" She asked.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Posted

Scabbard town - In the air

Jack was in the air above the crowd when he noticed several people staring up at him. "Charmy what do you say we put on a show" said Jack as he pulled two metal disks from his bag and threw them in front of Charmy.

"Hit them with a wing attack" said Jack. Charmy felt generous and did as commanded letting out a wing attack hitting the disks. Then quickly Jack stood up and caught the disks after Charmy quickly rushed towards them.

"Thanks for listening to me Charmy!" Say a delighted Jack as him and Charmy began to head down just outside of Pine's lab. Charmy let out a loud Roar as he started to lower hoping that the professor heard him.

Scabbard town - Behind the crowd

"James you should go to the lab too. You haven't spoken to the professor since your return to Ganlo" said Blake.

"Alright Dad, see you at the Pokemon centre" said James as he sent out his Rapidash quickly get onto her back and galloping over the crowd as quick as he could.

Blake took the chance to turn around and park at the center. While on the way James saw Jack's little trick. "Looks like Charmy felt generous today" thought James to himself.

Galleon town - Pokemon Center

Nurse Joanne Pyrian looked at the clock and decided to call Professor Pine's lab. "Jack should be there now but I better check with my cousin" thought Joanne.