Shadow

Introduction Thread

622 posts in this topic

This thread is about introducing yourself, as you would have known already by now. Please keep it general and don't go off topic too far, thanks in advance.

So basically, my name is Shadow, or Cheery, or Bokxie, Or whatever because I got a hundred of names. Well, not really but I still got alot. I'm 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm very related to the gaming industry, with Sonic and Tales being my favourite franchises of all time. Also, as you might have noticed, I'm an Administrator here.

I'm studying at College currently as Accountant/Administrator. I'm in my final year, though I doubt that my school life will end here and that I'll eventually progress. I work at a Supermarket as a supermultitasker. Well, that's what I call myself, because I can work behind the cash desk, magazin/stockroom, vegetables, dairy produce section and the usual job not to forget.

I do have video making as a hobby, though I've yet have to start making them seriously. I've been making them for a while, but they aren't the quality I want them to be. I go under the name of the Embodiment of Speed on youtube and such media.

Because I live in the Netherlands, it's pretty much impossible to get the Archie comics unless I get them from an internet site or the Archie Comics App. I don't want to sound like a pirate, but I'm very happy this site exists, giving me the chance to read those awesome comics.

The comics gave me a whole new view on the sonic franchise, with awesome characters such as Mina and Julie-su. I'm almost done with the main issues, then I've only got megaman and sonic universe left. However, I didn't read the fleetway sonic yet, and I'm not planning to do for a while. So please, don't spoil it for me. Thanks ^^

Also, for the people interested, I got a huge library of languages. I can speak a total of 9 Languages, being Dutch, English, German, French, Belgium (It is different from dutch, just not that much :P), Japanese (though I still got alot of studying to do on Kanji, or for the people who are unfamiliar with the japanese language, the signs :P), Swedish, Yugoslavia (My ex is from over there :P) and a little bit of spanish/italian. Not guaranteed that I can speak all languages fluently though.

That's all I've got to say, if you got any questions, go ahead and ask ^^

Edited by Shadow

Hmm...Shadow X, ...Doing Videos for a while as a hobby. ...You wouldn't happen to be related to "Shadic-X" of Newgrounds/Former STF Fame would you?

Anyways, ...I suppose it's my turn. Certainly saves me the trouble of making a topic for it.

I am The Jest, Professional Nice Guy, Jester of Imagination, and 6-year veteran Role-player/Writer at your service. I am currently an up-and-coming author trying to make my first Novel, while Role-Playing for the Exercise of my brain. (Though I have an awful habit of biting off more then I can chew, so I'm currently on haitus for a little while.) I was shown this place by a good friend of mine, and since he's a huge fan of this series, odds are we'll be seeing him here soon.

I've been a bit of a Sonic fan for some time now. However, while I can't deny his latest problems in the Video Game world, I always considered that he was still going strong in the comic world. Since I owned Sonic Mega Collection, I owned a collection of Comic covers from the first issue to the 110th and the issues specials and what not. Seeing them, I've always to read them all because the covers were so awesome. ...Granted, things went differently in the story than in my mind, some more disappointing then others, but I still loved them and all the characters they introduced into the mix, all the while showing the characters of the actual games in a different light. I also haven't read the fleetway stuff, and also don't intend to for a while. I've also read all of the Archie section, save for the Graphic Novels, and the magazines, and so far I like them all, especially Megaman (Not only being a big fan of the blue bomber, the characters from that seem to be get much more respect then in the games, I.E. Dr. Wily. But I digress.)

I don't usually join sites unless I feel I can be a part of their community. While I'll try to be in this case, the lacking of an RP board and activity will make it quite difficult.

I think that's about it for me for now. Now if you excuse me, I'll see if I can't find a way to make this place more lively.

Hmm...Shadow X, ...Doing Videos for a while as a hobby. ...You wouldn't happen to be related to "Shadic-X" of Newgrounds/Former STF Fame would you?

Sorry to dissapoint you but no, I'm in no way associated with Shadic-X, or Chakra-X if you mean the creator of the Nazo Unleashed Trilogy :P

So... Hello people, I only registered today but since I'm here I might as well make an introduction.

I'm usually known as Hermy or Kei, age 19, Portuguese, don't really ship any pairings... yeah throw your hate at me- OUCH! Not so hard please...

My hobbies mostly revolve around drawing (I draw manga only, although recently I've tried some Sonic style for fun and I'm enjoying it), singing, writing a Light Novel and haunting some MMORPGs. I'm not much of an offline player for... uhm, reasons.

I'm best known for the fact I never had my Sarcasm Gland removed on time like all good kids around, and for my unconditional love for bacon pizza and Japanese language/ music.

I've known the Sonic Universe for quite some years but I never really cared much until a friend reawakened my interest, and darn am I thankful to her for that. Hopefully I'll catch up with the rest of the fandom soon. My favourite characters (so far!) are Tails, Elias, Scourge and Shadow.

Oh, and I'm totally up for some RP if we do get a board for that! Actually lookin' forward to putting some serious OC ideas together and improving my Sonic art style.

Hey there. Name's Cronic. I'm an RPer much like the Jest, I heard of this place through a friend of mine, but it was only until the Jest requested my aid in getting the Roleplaying section up and running that I actually decided to join.

I'm 21, I'm currently studying games development, and I'm trying to get back into writing fanfictions.

My hobbies include but not limited to; Reading, listening to music, playing video games.

My earliest memories of Sonic were back in the days of Sonic 1 on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. I've not read much in terms of the Comics, and Sonic's not had a good time in recent years, but I remain optimistic Sega'll get their act together and get him back on his feet.

Hello everyone!

Having been hiding as a guest around the comic section for a few months its about time I said hello.

I'm currently going by Calvin Skye, I come from Scotland, am 26 years old, and I work as a Farm manager/worker.

I only recently got back into Sonic, when I got cheap copy of Generations last summer. And now I'm slowly trying to catch up with what I've missed since the Mega Drive.

Sonic was actually what got me into computer games in the first place, when my cousin handing me the second controller in Sonic 3, which shortly afterwords was followed by some kinda amusing 'I can FLY???' reaction. Tails is still my fav charrie after all this time, as you could possibly tell from my avatar!

I've done, and still do, quite a bit of pen-and-paper RPing (thank goodness for google hangouts ;-p ), but never done anything forum based. Might be willing to give it a shot though.

Hey I am Odamadillo I was the one who told Jest and most likely Cronic about this place. I have joined up to aid in the rp section coming to life. I'm 21 but turning 22 may seventh. I live in the UK and I am a big time Geoffrey St John fan so be careful when talking to me about him because I am deadly serious about my support for him as Jest would back up.

I'm Fwiss, administrator of the English site. I enjoy Sonic, which I got into by playing Sonic 2 (well after its release date, sadly), but also a whole range of other things. I'm trying to juggle my studies between computer programming, game design, system administration, and electrical engineering. I'm constantly trying to find the ideal match between the artistic and the pragmatic. In the time I don't study, I enjoy hanging around SCANF and the chans, gaming (Sonic, of course, but also Megaman, Touhou, Patapon, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and a whole plethora of lesser-known games), watching anime, and reading light novels.

Hello everyone. I'm SpeedMaster, moderator of Russian Sonic SCANF forum and partially responsible for the section of comics. I am 14 years old and, as you know, I'm from Russia. I'm very lazy - It is important that you should know this about me :D

I like to play games on the Sega Mega Drive. My favorite games - Sonic 1, Zero the Kamikaze, Greendog, Mega Bomberman, Mickey Mouse: World Illusion and UMK3 :з But, the list of my favorite games is not limited to only the games on Sega. I also like to watch cartoons and anime. My favorite cartoons - Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My favorite anime - Bleach, A Certain Magical Index, Fullmetal Alchemist. I do not even know what to tell you about me, but I think that will be enough.

P.S. I'm not very good in speaking English, I'm sorry. :)

Hi guys.

You can call me Matt. I'm a 19 year old university undergraduate in London. I only got back into Sonic last November after leaving when Sonic 06 killed my love of Sonic. But after seeing a Youtuber's video I got back into the series and now own Generations and the excellent Adventure series, which I hadn't played before seeing as I never owned a dreamcast. Eventually I heard of Sonic tthe Comic and wanting to read it I stumbled across this site which was the only one I could find scans on. One thing lead to another and here I am.

Hey guys,

You can just call me Void if you'd like. I used to be very much involved in the sonic universe (even going as far as playing practically every old sega genesis game that they came out on). I then started to stray away from the series and started getting into the more 'high graphic' games. I love the high graphic games, but that isn't what makes them good. I enjoy the older games (sonic & knuckles, etc.) for their great gameplay and story. I never read the comics until this past December when i decided it would be a great way to get back into the sonic universe. i also got back into the Sonic SatAm series that i used to watch when i was younger and plan on watching the AoSTH series when finished with the SatAm series.

I hope to be involved in this site (being it my first actual community that ive joine lol). I am very easygoing and can get along with pretty much everyone. I am attending Millersville University in Lancaster county PA for Geology and am a sophmore currently. I look forward to reading all the comics on this site (when my studies aren't killing me lol) and plan on getting back into the swing of things this summer. I honestly didn't plan on getting an account until the events of this past week or two occured. Even though the event (bandwidth troubles leaving guests with no access) is bad, and I hope everything gets back on track, I'm kinda glad it happened (not in a bad way). I would have never joined this community if it hadn't.

To end it off (since I can't seem to shut up :3), I should end with saying I will enjoy my stay here and plan to be with this community for many years to come. I read a couple of comics from this community and have fallen in love with it ever since (especially the Sonic the Hedgehog comics from the Archie section, since that one is the one I've focused on the most recently)

Hope to make some friends on this site soon

Nice to meet you all :)

Void Wolf

Hello fellow blue bur fans! This is actually my possible first time communicating with the fan base. Well, I was pretty much here for the comics back then for a while but guess it be better to communicate with people. Just call me by my nickname or "Simon" if you wish, 18 years old this year and from Singapore. I'm an artist student as you can tell by my username, and yes, love to draw. Other hobbies included are photography and acting. Although I knew Sonic pretty much during my childhood days, I didn't love the series till 2011, though I am much more invested into the archie comic series than the games. Been collecting the comics ever since. Well hopefully I can enjoy being here, I'll be reading comics if you need me. Adios!

Well, I'm Quale Colbys, Russian Sonic SCANF Gallery Administrator, GM on Russian Role-Play section, mobile geek and just lazy human. Nothing to say anymore.

Also, my English isn't good enough, so sorry for mistakes, if you'll see them

Yo! My name's Sonic, and it's probably obvious that it's an alias, but I'd prefer to be called just that. I'm 18 years old, and I live in the USA! So unfortunately that's the only language I speak. xD Sorry. Sonic's a series that I love with all of my heart -- and the comics are my second-favorite continuity. First and foremost being the games that started it all!

I'm not the type to have a job, and I haven't fallen into society's drilling that I've GOT to have one yet, so hopefully I'll keep the massive amount of spare time I have that way! And even though, again -- I have a lot of time on my hands, I'm frequently busy with things in real-life and online. But oh well. I love life anyway!

I'm aromatic, but I don't really see how saying sexuality things matters. //shrugs.

Roleplaying's my main hobby, but my others are art, fanfiction and making AMVs. All they are are hobbies and I have no real intent to take them up as a profession or anything -- especially I'm nothing but an amateur at all three. But maybe I'll show my work around here sometime. Who knows!

I'm glad this site exists for many reasons -- the comics are a massive blessing for me since I don't and can't get every issue imaginable, and I want to stay up to date. The other reason is that the art gallery of official art is a joy to go through and see every single piece of artwork from any game ever. It's just awesome! This site provides a lot of awesome things so I'm glad to join. I'm excited to try and be part of the community on this forum!

So, hello! And I'll see you guys sometime later around here! ^^

Hello there everyone my name his whitemanPT (PT his portuguese) and im not racist im just a man who his white. Im 22 and im becoming a chef in my off time i play games (sonic games are my favorite) and read books.The who his this char in the registry screen was funny. did anyone ever fail that?

What's up, you guys can call me Alegatius. I'm glad to have joined two days ago, and it's a pleasure to have access to the Sonic comics for the fist time.

The first time I was introduced to the Sonic world was through the Sega Genesis console by playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Pinball. At that time I didn't understand the story line, for I had no knowledge of the English language and about the comics, yet I still liked playing them. At that time I was about 7 years old, and as years passed by I lost contact with the Sonic world. Eight years later I came across the Sonic X anime and started wondering about the origin of Sonic and his world, and severals months ago I came across this site.

Well now you know about some of my past. Now to present.

- I'm 17 years old

- I'm planning to enter into nuclear engineering after high school. But I'm still a bit undecided.

- I live in the southern tip of the US.

- I'm very friendly, determined, work-full, and I like to take challenges.

- I'm an artist at school, drawing and coloring cars is my specialty, but I'm not in the art class currently cuz I had to take another class for college readiness that only last for a year, meaning I can return later to my art life.

- Although I'm taking computer science, I'm not an expert with computers. I'm saying this because most of the people who have posted have revealed that their are good with computer.

Well that's all I will share. See you guys around!

Hi everyone! :D My name is Dezere' and I'm from New York City. I'm 19 years old and obviously a Sonic fan. x3 I came across this site earlier in the year and was so happy that I was able to read Archie Sonic comics for free (being that I just found out about them >_<). So thanks to whoever created this site! ^-^

Hi, I'm Gonzo (aka General-RADIX); I'm a 20-year-old artist (soon to be 21), and I've been a Sonic fan since at least 1999 (introduced to the series via Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog). In terms of comic scans, this site was an absolute godsend to me and I'm glad that I found it. :)

Hey there! My name's kind of a mouthful so feel free to shorten it to Auxy, Aux, Bro (that one gets confusing though) or whatever! I also get called Brangoose sometimes which is cute, but anyway.

I'm 19 and studying Multimedia Journalism at uni. It's stressful and super demanding, but it's got good people and some of the stuff you get to learn is great. The place is nice too. Outside of that, I like to write fictional stories about Pokemon and occasionally my own little private projects. I've really gotten into it, and I even do collabs sometimes, but I'm still just a novice writer.

Lesseeeee...umm... Well, there's actually not of Sonic stuff that I really like. I don't like the originals. I mean the only 2D ones I enjoyed were the Sonic Rush games, but I do enjoy a lot of the 3D ones like Adventure 1 and 2, Generations and such. So uh... Yup! Not much to say there! I still enjoy Sonic stuff a lot but I mainly joined due to an invite from a friend. I'm usually pretty picky with what games I like, and the same goes for movies and other forms of media.

So uh... yeah... Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone, I'm Somegamer. I'm 21, currently finishing up college, and working a part-time job. I've been a Sonic fan since SA2 on the gamecube. And that's about it. Nice to meet all of you.

Hey-lo, minna-san. I'm Tenkage, and I probably joined for the same reason everyone else did!

Hi everyone! I like to go by Aqua, Blaze or Princess Blaze, depends on what I'm doing and while I joined just for the comics, I found that the forums are amazing!

1 person likes this

Hello all, I am Hyper Metal 50. I've been a Sonic fan since I started watching Sonic X in 2003. I live in the UK and I am 17 years old. At the moment, my favourite games are Colours and Heroes, which I really enjoyed. I'm also a super big fan of the comics, even though I've only been reading them for less than a year. It's nice to meet all you fellow fans.

Hey there! First time poster, new to the site! Name's A-Log, and I've been a fan of the series since the beginning. I'm mostly here to catch up with what I missed in the Archie Sonic comics; hope you guys don't mind my prescence?