Introduction Thread

622 posts in this topic

Hello Yoshi! :D and welcome to Sonic Scanf x3

Hello Yoshi! :D and welcome to Sonic Scanf x3

Hey, thank you!

Omg a Yoshi! I wanna ride it! XD

Welcome to the forums~

Heh, you ain't riding this Yoshi! ;P But thanks for the welcome either way~

A Nintendo fan? Wow! Welcome to Sonic Scanf! I hope you have both the New Nintendo 3DS XL & Wii U, because I'm looking forward to add you as a combined New 3DS & Wii U friend. \(^o^)/

Heh, you ain't riding this Yoshi! ;P But thanks for the welcome either way~

We shall see about that! Challenge accepted ;D

You're welcome~

Hello there. I'm Chapmic (no, I'm not the third forgotten GameChap). I'm a long time Sonic fan now. I played every game, watched every show, and read every comic.

Since I live in France, I will explain to you the situation of Sonic here, and why I love this website. In France, we only got Archie Sonic pretty much recently, but they started from the Genesis storyline and continued from it without any explanation about what happened before, and we only get translations of the main series, nothing from Sonic Universe. Plus, since we don't have Archie Mega Man, we certainly won't have Worlds Collide, since the two series are two thirds of it. So we'll get the reboot, that's all. So I'm not even talking about Worlds Unite. We're also getting a chaotic release order, since we got Hindsight from 218 after Endangered Species from 243-244. And the release rate is so slow, we got like ten original issues in three years in six volumes, and they even skipped from 233 to 243 for the upcoming Volume 6. I'm not even buying them anymore, and since I can't buy all of them on the official app for now, I'm sticking to the website.

And sorry for non french Mario fans who wanted Super Mario Kun, because it started back in December here, and from the very first issue. If only Sonic was handled that good. Thank God we had the real Sonic X, not the 4kids dumb edit. Sonic X and AoStH are the only series released on DVD, but all four of them were aired at their time, so I don't know what they're waiting for.

As for Sonic the Comic, some of them were translated at the beginning, but it only lasted a few issues. No problems with the games, we get everything.

There you have it, Sonic's situation in France.

Now I just have one question. Where can I point out about comics not on the website ? I mean a request to members who could contribute to the website by sending some missing issues to the staff. If someone could point me to the proper topic, it would be nice. :)

Well, see ya.

Edited by Chapmic

Hey there Chapmic! Welcome to Sonic Scanf! :D I hope we can be friends and I do hope you enjoy this forum too!

Hi Chapmac, welcome to Sonic Scanf!  Hope you like it here.

As for asking about missing comics.... if you're meaning recent comics that aren't on the site yet, please don't ask, they will be coming.

If you mean historical comics from years ago that aren't up, then you can post in the SONIC SCANF section, saying: 'I have copies of X, Y and Z'.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Chapmac, welcome to Sonic Scanf!  Hope you like it here.

As for asking about missing comics.... if you're meaning recent comics that aren't on the site yet, please don't ask, they will be coming.

If you mean historical comics from years ago that aren't up, then you can post in the SONIC SCANF section, saying: 'I have copies of X, Y and Z'.

Well, actually, I'm talking about graphic novels or other specials that mostly are reprints, but sometimes include an exclusive story and can be easily missed. Like for example"Everything Old is Newt Again" from Sonic Archive 5 released in September 2007. And I thought that some members who have them don't necessarily follow the comics on the website, since, well, they have them. So I was talking about community requests from members to members. A list of those past and upcoming occasional strories so you guys could maybe get them more easily. You're only missing three for now, but some upcoming will be important for Worlds Unite. But I wanted to ask before doing anything.

We are keeping an eye out for the upcoming side stories.

As for "Everything Old is Newt Again" that is actually in the archive.  As part of one of the comic issues.  

Most of the time we try not to put up the reprints unless they do contain new stories.

Issue 20. Oops, I don't know how I could miss it. Perhaps I forgot with time. Thanks. :lol:

I changed my comic list from Archive 5 to Issue 20, so I won't forget again.

Edited by Chapmic

Welcome to Sonic SCANF~

To sevapar : Peace? XD That doesn't suit you. And also stop hiding that Zangoose head behind you. XD

Hello People!

I'm new here and looking for friends, I put this in off topic in the hope of it not being moved to trash (I'm new here so I'm still working around these forums).

I'm considered a friendly person 

My interests are mostly video games although I love these little things called 'Funko POP Vinyls' (my Sackboy one is my baby). I'm also a small anime lover.

Video Game Franchises that I like:

Sonic (Unleashed and Colours are bae)

Pokemon (ORAS and XY are fantastic)

LittleBigPlanet (Looking forward to new DLC)

SSB4 U (Although I'm horrible at it)

And a mixed range of Nintendo games (A bit of Zelda, a bit of Mario, and others here and there)

Phoenix Wright (SENSATIONAL, yet need to catch up on these games)

Anyway, thanks for reading this if you did, as I've only created this to make your acquaintance or even better gain your friendship.

Thanks in advance

Hazza  :blink:

This seems like an introduction post. We have a intro thread in community so I advise anot her member of staff merge this with it. But anyway welcome to scans Hazza.

That's it shifted.

But welcome to SCANF Hazza

Well, hello there. I am Videosonic but you can call me Max for a change. I am 15. I have joined RuScanf two years ago, but I'm not that active - I have less than 20 messages there. I've been a Sonic fanboy since my childhood - we had a SMD with StH1. I became even more of a fan after being introduced to the Internets.

My nickname has nothing to do with Sonic franchise - I took it after Greek home video company Videosonic. I used to be Duko6pa3 on RuScanf. This nickname is a stylization of Russian word "dikobraz" meaning porcupine and originates from bootleg translation of SA2 (I am Shadow the Hedgehog, the ultimate life form => I am the shade of porcupine, the only life from there) I also hang out on IRC where I was: Hsd=>HsdHsdHsd=>ThreeHaitchHessDees=>Mitch_Wacky. Oh, and I am also Screwhorn77 from TV Tropes.

Hi there Max!  Welcome to this side of SCANF!