Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (3ds)

23 posts in this topic

CHEgHnAWoAArWAN.png

Yep, we're definitely close to E3. At the despise of many, another Sonic Boom game has been announced.

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice will come to the 3ds this winter. The only thing that has been shown yet is the image above.

Okay, so I'm not one to judge a game before it comes out, because that's not fair. And even though Sonic is still my favorite franchise... I'd rather see him die than to get another bad or below average game.

Why... Oh well, the 3ds game Shattered Crystals was alright, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As SomecallmeJohnny would say: 'If it's good, it's good. If it's bad... I won't be shocked.'

If Fire and Ice is as good as Shattered Crystal was, I'll be happy.

You think how poorly rise of lyrics and shattered crystal sold sega wouldn't dare go back to this series but I think due to how bad both games sold this is gonna fail before it hit store selves 

Edited by Blue Comet

I for one am going to have confidence that they know what they're doing

Name sounds interesting at least. I wonder if they'll do two different games like they did last time

I pray that the new game will not suck as much as the other ones did according to fans. (I haven't played them myself since I do not own the console needed here.. But I still hope this game will not make Sonic games reputation any worse... (Sonic 06 already did the worst thing possible but..) At least the picture looks nice.. Some new characters... new story.. new levels.. New ways to make Knuckles look like a complete idiot... (I hate Boom series for this reason but otherwise I have no complains what so ever about it) Let's hope for the best.

Don't listen to the mob Shinomi.  Neither games were NEARLY as bad as the hype suggested.  I like them both (Actually started replaying Shattered Crystal yesterday)

Oh okay then. Thanks Skye. I really like to believe in Sonic series and it's games and so far I've liked them all.. (well there's Sonic 06 but you can't blame just the makers for it's horribleness) But otherwise I think this game might have some potential.. Depending on how they choose to use that this might either be really good or really bad game. But I haven't really found any complains about Sonic games game play itself.. They've all played pretty smoothly (not including some glitches though in Sonic 06 there were A LOT of them) and I heard that in the previous Sonic games the game play mechanic itself was new but still pretty easy is that right?

A problem is the overall view seems to come from the loudest people. That and people can have unreasonable expectations for something new

From what I saw of the reviews shattered crystal did pretty good. What people need to do us play games with a blank slate and make their own decisions instead of listening to the hype first

1 person likes this

I just found about this the moment I signed on and I might look forward to it.

When I first heard this, I was honestly kinda surprised. Granted, 'Shattered Crystal' was the far better of the two original games (don't ever get me started on 'Rise of Lyric') but both games sold terribly (literally the worst-selling Sonic games ever) so the fact that it's getting a sequel seems odd.

I'd imagine that this game, along with the new 'Mario and Sonic', will be a kind of 'placeholder' to buy some time until the next big game for Sonic's big 25th is ready. Still, if there's one thing I hope they've changed for 'Fire and Ice', it's different writers. Please, no more Pontac and Graff...

I'm pretty surprised they are doing this so soon... Shattered Crystal wasn't bad at least. It really just looks like the same game but some new mechanics and levels. Oh and Amy... but I think she should have been unlockable in the old one at the end honestly. As always... I will buy it and play it though xD

It's just shattered crystal with extra feature, fire and ice elements, and a playable amy, other then that it's the same game.

It's just shattered crystal with extra feature, fire and ice elements, and a playable amy, other then that it's the same game.

:huh: How do you know that? Has there been a trailer or something?

:huh: How do you know that? Has there been a trailer or something?

Wait, nobody posted the initial reveal trailer yet? Guess I'd better do it, then:

As the trailer shows, this'll play pretty much like 'Shattered Crystal', but with the elemental gimmicks and Amy.

So... it's like any other Sonic sequel then.  The same gameplay, just with a couple of extra things and a new story?  Though I'd have said that Amy and the fire and ice elements were more than just minor tweaks that some sequels get.  Boy, and I thought I was cynical!

But looking at it, not only is there a new character and the elements (both of with are pretty large improvements) but we're getting more boss fights, the lack of which was a weakness with the last game.  So I'd say this is looking pretty good at first glance.

Good, There's another reason to finally get 3DS on my next birthday.

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice will come to the 3ds this winter. The only thing that has been shown yet is the image above.

Just popped up in my mind but when I saw that cover I just thought: But everything changed when the firenation attacked. Sonic the last Fire- and Waterbender.

I like that they keep up the Boom universe.

Sadly even if SEGA picks themselves off the ground for this game and it does turn out good, it's likely to sell poorly simply because it's Sonic Boom. With the reputation the franchise has after Rise of Lyric most people probably won't want to give this game so much as a chance. The trailer for this game didn't exactly fill me with confidence either...Just left me wondering why this game is even going to exist.

About time they learned 'don't release till the bugs are gone'.

The latest e3 footages of this game looks promising. I reserved it and will definitely be picking it up day one! (But I do that for all Sonic games because I'm a sucker lol)