BlurryDawgo

Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U/3DS)

20 posts in this topic

Mario and Sonic are going to the 2016 Olympics. Why am I not surprised?

Well, folks...time to see how Sega and Nintendo are milking the series this time...

Wait a minute...this sorta looks fun. It's...kind of exciting me, even!

Anyways, here are the new features as far as I can tell:

-Jet, Diddy Kong, Nabbit, Zazz, and Rouge are now fully playable characters.

-Characters now have special moves even in non-Dream events.

-Rugby Sevens and Golf are now events to play in the Wii U and 3DS versions respectfully.

Will this game be fun to play? Or will it just be another title doomed to collect dust on the shelf? Feel free to discuss your opinions!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Cross fingers hoping the sonic and co get new voice actors.

I don't get what peoples issues with voice actors are... I mean... as long as they sound like something their character could sound like it's fine for me

Maybe I'm just crazy that way but that's just how I feel

I don't mind voice actors.

Hell Roger Craig Smith's grown me.

Even if you don't like the voice actors, it's unlikely they'd change them for a side game.

Even if you don't like the voice actors, it's unlikely they'd change them for a side game.

Tell that too sonic free riders

I'm more than willing to download that game from Nintendo eshop on both of my New Nintendo 3DS XL & Wii U. I heard that this game has new characters like the Deadly Six and has playable rival characters like Rouge for example. \(^o^)/

Did some modifications to the original post. New video without any commentary, and an updated "new features" list.

With that said, here's my hopes for the game:

-Rosalina becomes playable.

-Samba is an event.

I don't mind voice actors.

Hell Roger Craig Smith's grown me.

He's grown on me too. I actually like him as Sonic now.

As for this game... I haven't played one since the first one that came out. I just had to buy it since it was the first time Mario and Sonic were in a game together. lol

What's really funny about this series is how a lot of people who saw mario and sonic were gonna be in a game for the first time it would be a platformer but instead it's an olympic games and they hasn't stop talking about it since.

So, uh... anyone catch that news about Sticks likely being a playable character in the game?

Sticks-in-Rio-2016.jpg

(This was from the 'new' E3 trailer, which is basically the same as the first trailer with minor changes.)

It was only a matter of time that Sticks would appear somewhere else other than sonic boom.

Hmmm..... more hints that Sticks might migrate to the main Sonic franchise?

Actually after seeing the off panel one with Sticks meeting some of the main cast I still doubt it

However... Sticks at the Olympics? Nice!

Of course stick would make it in spin off series anything go how you think Jet got in.

Ooooh. Looks like this could be fun. I'll probably just get it as a rental for the Wii U whenever friends come over. These titles always are most enjoyable with friends as a party game. 

What version are you guys leaning towards?

Sounds interesting.. This could be nice! Too early to say anything just yet though.

Hmmm..... more hints that Sticks might migrate to the main Sonic franchise?

Or maybe from now on she falls through a Genesis Portal every time the Oympics are being held and decides to participate.

I take it both this game and Boom: Fire & Ice haven't had any noticable news updates since their reveals? If so, that's worrying to say the least.

I take it both this game and Boom: Fire & Ice haven't had any noticable news updates since their reveals? If so, that's worrying to say the least.

For Olympics I think their done announcing new characters at this point and as for Boom: Fire & Ice the negative on the internet would increase if they even mention the name Sonic Boom.