BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

Well, despite the fact that Ken's concepts and characters cannot be given any future use beyond reprints, Scourge has appeared in Sonic Universe #50 as a flashback, been directly mentioned in the Sonic #256 letters page, and is on the cover for Best of Sonic the Hedgehog #3: Rivals, which will likely be released in the late summer or early fall of this year.

Right. My guess is that if Scourge comes back, he will have a completely different backstory, but with a similar/the same personality as before the reboot.

Darn the comic is going down here I`m afraid this is the dark age for the comic series.

Ouch. Are you sure it's not too early to say that? I'm waiting until after the Unleashed arc to pass final judgement on the new world.

I agree with metallix, I'm giving the comic a chance.

I'm already enjoying this reboot more than I imagined. It's been heading in the right direction so far.

Edited by HyperMetal50

I also have to agree with Metallix. It's far too early to call for doomsaying.

Yes, many of the characters we know and love are no more. Understandably sad, but at the same time, the main characters are all still around,

and even Snivley came back.

We know Ixis Naugus is still around as a proper villain, and it's possible that Mammoth Mogul is also still around. Not to mention Team Hooligan is also still around. So we still have something of a good roster on both sides.

Yes, the Comics are now focusing on the games, ...but if you remember, they did that before in the comics. Does anyone remember Issue 6? The Chaotix and Triple Trouble and Sonic & Knuckles Specials? Remember back when they did an ENTIRE ARC dedicated around Sonic Adventures, as well as an aftermath issue? 6 issues, 7 counting the aftermath, and an entire Super Sonic Special, (Which is the Archie equivalent of a movie.) Dedicated to Sonic Adventures. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when they only gave one small issue to Sonic Adventures 2.

Yes, Flynn isn't the best writer around. It's obvious he's playing safe. But safe isn't always a bad thing. But Eclipse's very existence (Yes, and Black Death as well, even though I seriously despise him.) proves to me that he's at least not afraid to make his own characters, and try to develop something that wasn't that much developed in the games. ...Granted, not that much, but still, it tells me he is at least willing to put some creativity in, if it means providing a better story.

Heck, who knows? Knuckles mentioned a woman at the end of the After-credits thing in the 62 scanned here. Maybe we'll get lucky and have Shade be in this.

So, yeah, Pender's issues has caused massive problems, But are we really going to let him win by despairing at the new outlook. Sure, Dark, at least for now, is probably a good description for this era in the comics. But you know what? Dark ages never last, and I believe this series is far from dead.

Sucks how this all happened I going to miss some of these guys. :( Oh well I like how its going so far as I am not a very picky reader and very few things disappoint me :D

What? The? Heck? Is? That? Supposed? To? Be?

*groans*

Seriously, whoever thought THAT was a good look?

[media=]

...If you'll excuse me for a moment, I think I need to wash my eyes out with soap now...

2 people like this

Ok, that... thing is just all wrong. It has a bobblehead for starters. Please tell me this is a joke?

Ugh! I did not need to see that! Thank you Pendersman. Thank you so much for ruining Lien-Da for us all

That is assuming that's Lien-Da. Unless they put the wrong name o the picture. It looks nothing like her

Ladies and gentlemen, the one, the only Ken Penders! Once again showing his "gift" of talents. Now while you gawp at that I'll be trying to unsee by using mouth wash on my eyes.

Give Ken Penders a round of applause for his "special" present.

Gotta loooove that bad pun! Diva-isnous? Really? I couldn't even tell that was honestly a pun until someone pointed it out to me!

This guy just sinks lower and lower. First, he tore the comics apart in a legal dispute that, while giving us an incredible reboot I don't think anyone could be against, took away some beloved characters. I for one, really loved Lara-Su as a character. Now? He's just torn what I love about her to shreds. (And for the record, she was MUCH better while Ian was writing her. Now? He'll never be able to write her like she should be again.)

That's not even touching what else he's done to the other characters I knew from the comics... Dimitri and Lien-Da... *shutters* Ugh...

Oh yeah. And he lives in the early 90's, too. Anybody else catching that?

I'm gonna be honest here...I was horrified by Lien-Da's FIRST revamp but the moment I saw Lara-Su's second revamp I knew...Lien-Da's next design would be even worse but it turns out I was wrong as her new design is so monstrously horrifyingly that Lien-Da's previous design now looks drop dead gorgeous in comparison

Anyway Its kinda obvious what he's trying to do...just because Lien-Da is suppose to be a villain doesn't mean he should make her look like a creature from a child's worst possible Knuckles nightmare

In my nonexpert opinion he should either get other people to come up with the new designs for his characters or make a few more designs for the character and let people vote on the one that will be the final design

Also I do gotta say its amazing how this guy can get that much negative feedback over a redesign and still refuse to change it I mean..just...wow e.e;

lol that's horrible. Who thought that was a good idea?

Pendersman did. That's the only opinion that matters to him

I have this weird suspicion that he is trying to create a new world record of P*ssing off most amount of people possible

I know I'm in that crowd...

Mr.penders a " The biggest genius of all time"

Now where's my giant club?

Y'know, the entire idea of his haunts me.

I mean, putting Lara-Su in a bikini? Weird and fanservicey, but overall neutral.

The Pretorian's design? What the heck!? Is that Knuckles with plastic surgery or something!?

Sooner or later, this is going to cause some negative repercussions on the guy.

I've looked at both sides' stories, and I have made my final decision.

Penders. Sucks more than. A supermassive black hole.

Eh... i'm going to be neutral with the new design, trust me, drawing the Sonic characters is hard, you can see it in many issues when Tracey is not around.

But, Ken, why don't you go around for a new design? You can see Sonic influence in this pic, and you remember why a lot of fan artists have trouble with the weird bodies.

Also, man, reading all this topic was interesting. Thanks guys.

Good god what is that abomination!? Does he seriously think that passes for good character design?

This looks closer to an adult magazine than a kids comic...