BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

That did Locke no justice. Not at all. Cancer? Seriously? Makes you more grateful to Ian for changing it completely.

And, erm, doing a dis-service to Shadow instead... :unsure:

King Shadow , the delusionnal Leader . Ah yes , THIS . Or how to write a complete out of character moment . That was bad , really . Because Both comic and video game wise , Shadow got over everything that could have made him become that tyrant . Yet, they made it happen. Seriously , that's a poor choice of bad guy for a dark future .

Here are two interesting informations on two types of future Mobius:

1) King Shadow wasnt Flynn's idea. It was his editor's. he basically got orders: wrap up the story in two issues, put more action that Penders did and put in King Shadow. Flynn also gave himself order that Lara-Su must do something cool for a change. I'm not sure but I think the same editor ordered Penders to make story with Shadow and Metal in StH 146-149, explaining why its so generic - Penders never really plan on doing it, in fact thought that Bollers will write parts of it, before he quit.

2) Ken Penders based Locke's death on his father's death. Cant say if whole character was that directly inspired, but that one scene definitely was. For that reason I avoid writing anything on that one subject.

1 person likes this

1) King Shadow wasnt Flynn's idea. It was his editor's. he basically got orders: wrap up the story in two issues, put more action that Penders did and put in King Shadow.

That may be, but 30 years later could have retconned in a better motivation for Shadow doing so than 'Gah, people are idiots, so I must rule/punish them'

That may be, but 30 years later could have retconned in a better motivation for Shadow doing so than 'Gah, people are idiots, so I must rule/punish them'

To give him some credit, you try coming up with believable motivation that wont need many pages to be explained. And you cant use Black Doom.

Rouge died because of some action by the Acorn royals? Or most of GUN (only him and Hope surviving, as Hope is namecheck)?

No specifics needed.

Yes, I know there are major issues with that rubbish idea. But that's what I came up with instantly. A few hours thought by people who do this for a living could have come up with something.

What in the world, seriously?! Wanting to go after SEGA after 10 years without realizing his artwork is inside? This is more than enough proof how twisted this man is and how much attention he is yearning from the fan base since he lost his spotlight after leaving as head writer for the comics. And he just had to come in and screw everything up for Ian, poor guy had to rewrite his script up to 300 again because of his stupid claims. Am I the only one who is still soooo incredibly angry over this mess? Really hard to get over it, the reboot has been so boring for me so far, nothing special and the whole "countdown" isn't as exciting as I thought it would be, only the covers look awesome.

3 people like this

Simon , For the same reasons, you shouldn't be mad . You are just hurting yourself thinking about it . I lost faith in many things , but not this comic. They just have to start slow , in order to introduce everyone to the new world.

Also, I think that they had a reboot planned for a long while .

Keep in mind, Locke that not everyone is the same as you. Some people will enjoy the reboot more, some will not and take note on how Penders has been ruining the comic. I think Penders had already gone too far with his scheme and is now just trying to anger the whole Sonic fanbase for no real reason. How much will it y

take before not a single person in this fanbase likes him?

You have a point Locke, but like I said it will take me a long while to get over it, thanks man. I'm just not happy with the reboot as some people are, I hope you understand I have my opinion while you can have yours.

No they didn't have it planned, Ian had never thought of it. I mentioned before Ian had stated many things had to be changed and he intended for issues 230 - 250 to be the Freedom Fighters Fall while issues 251 - 300 were to be the Freedom Fighters return and back in action. The current issues are somewhat like the original idea but now in a rebooted world, without the climax for many things like Naugus', Gefforey's, Hershey's, Mecha Sally's fate, etc.. They obviously did it because they lost a large sum of the cast and places, the rebooted world has no Penders-created material whatsoever.

If you're all not aware Ian made a topic about his cancelled ideas for the original road to 300 which he will reveal before Summer. He will reveal the climax for the whole Naugus and Mecha Sally arc among many things. Here's the post: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7231 They never intended for a reboot at all but for the story to continue as it was.

Ian also revealed that "Endangered Species" was supposed to be a happy ending and Doctor Finitevus was to be a HUGE player on the road to issue 275. All these ideas sound so awesome and it makes so mad Penders ruined it.

you don't get it . I don't like this reboot . But I don't hate it either. I'm just.... heartbroken . An happy ending to endangered species ? I was one of the first to hope for that ! I wanted to see those echidna so badly... And what of Shard ? I just try to stay out of this kind of thing .

The knowledge we'll learn about all these botched stories will be satisfying to our curiosity, but heartbreaking to hear because it will never happen. I for one am all right with the reboot, but that won't change how much I'll sorely miss the old canon.

1 person likes this

you don't get it . I don't like this reboot . But I don't hate it either. I'm just.... heartbroken . An happy ending to endangered species ? I was one of the first to hope for that ! I wanted to see those echidna so badly... And what of Shard ? I just try to stay out of this kind of thing .

I'm sorry, I appeared to misunderstood what you said. I don't hate it too, just .. heartbroken like you said. I think Ian is going to reveal what will happen to Shard, since he has a lot to fill us on all the characters who are involved in the King Naugus arc.

Btw, if I may, I quoted someone who summed this mess up perfectly:

"The stage has changed. Back in the old days of the book, it was like the old west. You had no idea what to expect and the world was full of potential. Now though, we are back to that point but there's not nearly as much left to imagination because the idea of Sonic and his world and friends is alot more well defined and they can't get away with as many oddities. Everything's gotta fit the current set. Worse yet for someone like me, I'm not especially fond of SEGA's modern interpretation of Sonic. Besides that, to everyone who was with the book before the purge, everything new is going to be compared to what came before. For me, this particular fictional universe lost alot of it's soul and no matter how much New you add, it's still going to miss the Old."

100% in agreement like seriously.

Missing the old when confroted to the new is not a novelty . It has been the case for everything we know and love. Sometime , for good reason; And sometimes, by complete conservatism.

Right now, The whole situation as a whole ...... The change was so violent it was obvious a separation of opinion would happen between the fans.

And the only good thing lead to the worst : With the Reboot , you don't have to know what happenned before . And unfortunaly , while this allow for new gamers and readers alike to pick it up without much troubles. Loosing twenty years of hystory is extremly PAINFUL.

1 person likes this

What . How is .... why would he .... Ho, i give up.

Wait, I don't think penders wrote this story, since there is Dylan in it.

...Yes he did. Dylan is his character, just like Hamlin, Arlo and Penelope. This story was first appearance of Geoffrey, one if his biggest names, remember.

That would certainly be taking it just a tad bit far if he did.

Those tall orb shaped bots look nothing like orbot.

But just maybe he would force Sega to change his name to Ballbot or something.

Really at this point nothing would suprise me.

I don't think he cares about that kinda stuff. And if he did, he'd say that it was a coincidence!

Also, don't think about those characters as "gone"! Think about them as "on an extended vacation to Waffle Hawaii." That's where Sonic goes when he's not in Sonic Universe. He and Tails go there to get some delicious pineapple waffles! Don't forget Waffle Hawaii's awesome Hula Syrup!

Also from the reception: CHOKE ON YOUR WAFFLES. LET THE TROPICAL BREAKFAST GOODNESS CONSUME YOU, AND YOU'LL EAT MORE FATTENING WAFFLES WITH THE VOLCANO GOD! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *cough*

What? Jon Gray can do it, why can't I?

2 people like this

Blurry, please . Rule number 1 : What is in Bumbleking, STAY in bumbleking. Mixing two forums might lead to... Unforseen consequences .

And please leave Gray out of this.

Actually, I couldn't do that on BumbleKing. No offense, but you wouldn't last five minutes there. There's an auto-ban notice. Talk down about Ken and you're gone for a week or two.

Meh, Do you even know who you are talking to ? i'm lurking in the Kreative corner, you noob.