BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think it was something to do with copying the idea from the Dark Legion

Well , Bioware REALLY loved the comic . If you look around the whole game , You'll get a to see a lot of nods to others continuity (Even sonic X , poor tails ) . And the Thing with Shades was that it was more or less a kind of tributes to the dark legion , with a finitevus lookalike at their heads .

Also, Sassy rouge.

actualy, the penders/sega case was dismissed last I heard so its not entirely out of the question, but not entirely likely either

But for how long? It's surely not going to last for long

..... I habe no word on the matter. If only we had a better view of what Penders was planning.

But for how long? It's surely not going to last for long

I'm willing it to be finished for good. This whole darn thing's caused nothing but grief for fans. However, considering this thing case lased years, it shows that Penders is a tenacious soul, so we'll never be sure until he says he's done with this business.

Can we really be mad at him ?

Yes we can. For the banishment of several much loved characters from a great comic series

US Supreme Court? This will end badly.

Yes we can. For the banishment of several much loved characters from a great comic series

What's most annoying is that all of his characters almost count up as half the blazing comic's cast.

He created them. He came up with them. All he wanted was to be paid for his work later on.

what would you do if you where in his place ?

And please take note that i'm not taking side.

What he wanted was reasonable.

The way he went about it however...

2 people like this

I would realise that if I'm not careful, major fans are going to hate me a lot so try to find a compromise

I'm not saying Penders is a bad guy or anything, I actually like how creative he was with his characters (can't say I'm crazy about his writing though). I'm just annoyed by the outcome of it all. I get the feeling all this didn't have to happen and there might have been a better solution to it all.

Of course . There could have been way more peaceful ways out of it. But we weren't there, And apperently , Archie is doing it's very best to make sure this doesn't happen again with another angry writer somewhere in the comic multiverse.

He created them. He came up with them. All he wanted was to be paid for his work later on.

what would you do if you where in his place ?

And please take note that i'm not taking side.

Penders started taking action with the whole Bioware 'copying' his characters not the royalties, that was later. In order to combat Bioware he copyrighted all his characters he made for Archie to use it against them, but Archie sued him for doing that and we all know what went on from there. I've talked about this a few pages back with my massive post so please look back for those who are unsure or didn't know.

Not that I want to hate him really, but the way he did it was so urgh and all his comments toward Ian and the current comic. I still don't understand how he says Juile Su and Shade are the same. Penders himself admitted he never played ANY of the Sonic games that shows he never bothered to check Chronicles itself properly, otherwise he wouldn't have went ahead with his assumption and started the mess. The Marauders were homage to your characters not rip offs for pete's sake Penders. He wasn't exactly a bad writer but I'm not too fond of his style, he made good plots but with terrible dialogue. That's why I prefer Karl's writing much better. Yeah, his characters look awesome but never really do anything, he could have done it better and that's where Ian made them much better. I've repeated myself so many times already so you all should know.

Oh yeah, if you all didn't know, there was a recent interview with Ian Flynn and he officially confirmed that Knuckles' established back story in the comics is no longer canon. That shot a hole in my heart upon hearing that but I knew that was going to be the case given the reboot :(

1 person likes this

Fack. No more lien-da. no more Locke. No more 5 month homosexual baby.

This is quite the shock for me to learn this.

Fack.

That word will never become an acceptable minced oath.

No more lien-da. no more Locke. No more 5 month homosexual baby. This is quite the shock for me to learn this.

Wait... no more Locke?! Then... then who are you?

He's a neverperson. A shade of someone who was erased from time....

Penders started taking action with the whole Bioware 'copying' his characters not the royalties, that was later. In order to combat Bioware he copyrighted all his characters he made for Archie to use it against them, but Archie sued him for doing that and we all know what went on from there. I've talked about this a few pages back with my massive post so please look back for those who are unsure or didn't know.

Not that I want to hate him really, but the way he did it was so urgh and all his comments toward Ian and the current comic. I still don't understand how he says Juile Su and Shade are the same. Penders himself admitted he never played ANY of the Sonic games that shows he never bothered to check Chronicles itself properly, otherwise he wouldn't have went ahead with his assumption and started the mess. The Marauders were homage to your characters not rip offs for pete's sake Penders. He wasn't exactly a bad writer but I'm not too fond of his style, he made good plots but with terrible dialogue. That's why I prefer Karl's writing much better. Yeah, his characters look awesome but never really do anything, he could have done it better and that's where Ian made them much better. I've repeated myself so many times already so you all should know.

Oh yeah, if you all didn't know, there was a recent interview with Ian Flynn and he officially confirmed that Knuckles' established back story in the comics is no longer canon. That shot a hole in my heart upon hearing that but I knew that was going to be the case given the reboot :(

I was going to like this comment, since I agree with pretty much everything you just said, but when I saw the last paragraph about Knuckles, I relented ;) All we can do now is hope that Ian's managed to salvage something of a reasonably good new origin for Knuckles.

Well, Many people are hinting at a more "sega-ish" Origin story, rather than this quite controversial Continuity we had in archie for all those years.

Maybe a possible use of the Marauder ?

And yes Nega , I'm the shade of a person that once was, so stop complaining about not being in the comic. At least you exist.

Well, here is a thought though, with the EA/SEGA/Penders case being dismissed, they could in theory still use shade, and they do still have the rights to finetivous, so he could still exist

Of course he does . Unless Penders decided to have rights over a completely unknown character nobody cared about.