BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

I know.. I wonder why he didn't bother....

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I know.. I wonder why he didn't bother....

Delusion about how they looked tied in with pride about not giving up. That's what I'm going for

1 person likes this

I'm going for an unholy nightmare that needs to be doused with fire.

Edited by Seviper
1 person likes this

I was never aware of this suit going on and this all makes me sad; art is just a tool for people to make money off it seems. I wonder what will have to the characters that are all the plot points that are going on. If Archie doesn't get to use them I almost feel like a series reboot would be the only thing to make it not sound stupid; and even then it would ruin years of work and story built up to what Sonic is today.

I agree. I hate how penders had to go and lawsuit like that, and now because of it it's bye bye scourage and the other characters.

sorry about my early comment. i'm more mad at sega now then panders. if i'm correct, sega said no more original characters, and flynn said changes were going to be made and it was out of his hands.

1: Please don't double post

2: I'm not aware of the no more original characters rule but I don't think it's entirely true since I can't find it when searching on Google and if there were no more original characters we wouldn't have Eclipse or Relic. Or Gold

1: Please don't double post

2: I'm not aware of the no more original characters rule but I don't think it's entirely true since I can't find it when searching on Google and if there were no more original characters we wouldn't have Eclipse or Relic. Or Gold

sorry dylan i'm new to this place. shout out to the website for uploading the comics and i don't know. this came from a post stating that sega wants to go back to the old days after the lawsuit where the comic is more related to the game by someone on youtube. i know for a fact flynn did post about the changes begin made and where out of his hands.

Major news everyone, it seems Penders is hinting at another lawsuit in a recent tweet of his. You can read about it here: http://www.tssznews.com/2015/10/20/ken-penders-hints-second-lawsuit-in-tweet/

Honestly if this really happens again it will be utterly ridiculous, what did Archie do to make his pipes explode again? The comic has been rebooted and no longer feature his characters, then it must be the reprints?? But even those are trying to avoid reprinting his material, they've changed the graphic novels title arcs or avoid featuring his characters on the covers. Sonic Legacy and Knuckles Archives have already been cancelled obviously because of this, if Sonic Archives gets cancelled I'm going to be very P*ssed because that is the only graphic reprint series reminding that I'm still willing to pay for.

Major news everyone, it seems Penders is hinting at another lawsuit in a recent tweet of his. You can read about it here: http://www.tssznews.com/2015/10/20/ken-penders-hints-second-lawsuit-in-tweet/

Honestly if this really happens again it will be utterly ridiculous, what did Archie do to make his pipes explode again? The comic has been rebooted and no longer feature his characters, then it must be the reprints?? But even those are trying to avoid reprinting his material, they've changed the graphic novels title arcs or avoid featuring his characters on the covers. Sonic Legacy and Knuckles Archives have already been cancelled obviously because of this, if Sonic Archives gets cancelled I'm going to be very P*ssed because that is the only graphic reprint series reminding that I'm still willing to pay for.

i agree. i dont' know what this is about but panders better have a good reason. i'll admit i'm siding with him a bit about his 1st lawsuit and am mad that archie is not using his characters out of spite, but i'm gonna be mad at both parties is sega says "screw it" and pulls the plug on the comic, leaving fans with nothing other then sonic the comic online.

I'm going to be real here since we know Sega did a lot of dumb stuff in the past so misusing his character and copy and pasting his story because let's be honest Sonic Chronicles kinda took a character from one of the Archie comics even if the echidna shown in that game was genetic and had nothing going for them except shade.

But this time I think he's suing them for two reason: 1. For the hell of it. or 2. Because they remove his characters and stories from the comics.

Again... he can't sue them for not using his characters. He has no case. And they are allowed not to use them. I agree with the for the hell of it part though. And it sounds like hes doing it because of reprints that they're SUPPOSED to make

With Sonic Chronicles... if im not mistaken they wrre supposed to be homage to the Dark Legion anyway

I want to point out what others have said elsewhere, that it hasn't got anything to do with Sonic, but actually something about new reprints of other comics from this 90's Impulse line.  I think we can breath easy with this one.  And even if it were to do with Sonic, I highly doubt he'd have enough evidence to really win. 

I want to point out what others have said elsewhere, that it hasn't got anything to do with Sonic, but actually something about new reprints of other comics from this 90's Impulse line.  I think we can breath easy with this one.  And even if it were to do with Sonic, I highly doubt he'd have enough evidence to really win. 

Apparently, Archie doesn't pay him the money he should earn from those new reprints. If this was indeed part of his contract, I fully agree with him this time. Legally, he still have his part of the rights on those stories if he doesn't abandon them. Either they pay him, or they buy his part of the rights, but they can't just decide to stop like that. Archie is a company like any other, they're far from being angels.

Again... he can't sue them for not using his characters. He has no case. And they are allowed not to use them. I agree with the for the hell of it part though. And it sounds like hes doing it because of reprints that they're SUPPOSED to make

With Sonic Chronicles... if im not mistaken they wrre supposed to be homage to the Dark Legion anyway

sorry for that dumb thing i said dylan. i asked panders via email what's up but i think chapmic answered it for me.

That one wasn't directed at you. So don't worry (I should probably use quotes but that's getting really cluttered)

With regards to whether he has the right... perhaps he does. But with all the drama that's been out there is it really a good thing he's starting it up again? People are still recovering from the last one. And who's decision was it to not pay him if they didn't? And did they know they had to pay for reprints? So many questions.  I don't find everything clear

Apparently, Archie doesn't pay him the money he should earn from those new reprints. If this was indeed part of his contract, I fully agree with him this time. Legally, he still have his part of the rights on those stories if he doesn't abandon them. Either they pay him, or they buy his part of the rights, but they can't just decide to stop like that. Archie is a company like any other, they're far from being angels.

That make sense you can remove the story from the comics, but you can't remove the story from the comic's history so it makes a lot of sense apparently nobody at Archie was thinking about doing something with his story. They can get always with not using his characters and eases his story from existed, but if your going to reprint peoples work you got to paid them first which Sega and some all video game company and comic book company keep ignoring.

Yeah, I can agree on that front, but it doesn't halt the fact that he's been deliberately vague just to get on Sonic fans' nerves.  He may have the right to that money and Archie may not be a likeable company, but that doesn't stop the man from being so unbearably irritating.

In his tweets Penders never referred to Archie, just that he isn't suing Flynn. The article is still as of yet making assumptions.

if panders is suing ian because of the mention of his characters he's going to lose. if he had a problem with the whole lost hedgehog tales he should have told ian.

In his tweets Penders never referred to Archie, just that he isn't suing Flynn. The article is still as of yet making assumptions.

if panders is suing ian because of the mention of his characters he's going to lose. if he had a problem with the whole lost hedgehog tales he should have told ian.

Try to keep up just once please. T_T

He never said he was going to sue Ian. I already explained that there could be another lawsuit because he doesn't get the money he should earn on reprints. He said that if they don't answer his demand, this could end in a lawsuit. How things will turn out depends entirely on Archie response. If it turns bad for their deal with Sega, they will be the ones to blame, since they apparently decided to play the illegal card.

While I'm sure you're right Chapmic can you please be a little more polite with your response? It is possible he didn't see the bit on the site saying it wasn't todo with Lost Hedgehog Tales. Or just worded his response a little off

While I'm sure you're right Chapmic can you please be a little more polite with your response? It is possible he didn't see the bit on the site saying it wasn't todo with Lost Hedgehog Tales. Or just worded his response a little off

yeah, i only brought that up because there was some speculation that becasue flynn mentioned his characters he could be in trouble, and panders was talking about ian getting himself into a mess.

as for the reprint thing i suppose panders has a right for that, though i still worry all of this could lead to sega pulling the rights away.

He also specifically said that it has nothing to do with Ian. It looks like he's cool with what he's doing, with Hedgehog Tales and all.

yeah, i only brought that up because there was some speculation that becasue flynn mentioned his characters he could be in trouble, and panders was talking about ian getting himself into a mess.

as for the reprint thing i suppose panders has a right for that, though i still worry all of this could lead to sega pulling the rights away.

Not a mess with Penders, but Archie. Penders thinks some people at Archie won't be happy with LHT, and I assume that's because Ian mentioned in the first chapter the events that caused his plans to change. If you look back at it, you remember that once Sega stepped into the lawsuit, everyone had to close their mouth. And since Ian is still working for Archie, perhaps Penders thinks that could also cause some trouble between Archie and Sega, but that's just speculation.