BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

See how it goes?

Doubt he'd listen to feedback...

I just leave it here (click to see the original

CDzdEQDUkAAEMTy.jpg

One reason I refuse to draw anthropomorphic characters with human's scale. She looks jarring as heck.

If I were Penders, I would have abandoned Lara and created new settings and characters altogether, especially if I'm serious about selling new works. Doing so would avoid copyright and provide an opportunity to expand the story and characters at the same time. There are whole lot different ways to twist the plot and keeps it from being called a ripoff, after all.

Edited by arekpowalan

Also I doubt it will sell well.. At least those who know about this whole lawsuit thing and those who know these characters from old Sonic Comics... I just.. At least I wouldn't buy them.. Now the book idea.. Doesn't sound too bad.

Edited by Merc
1 person likes this

Wait...her father's name is K'Nox!?

You better get your brain cells in order, Penders!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

I really REALLY think he should just write a book or something... Without pictures... I don't think any Sonic Fan would buy his comics other than so they could laugh at it.. I mean really.. Although they are his characters originally he used most of them in Sonic comics.. And now he's going to turn them to.. THAT?! Yeah I think that's FAR too risky plan.. No offense to Penders but.. I'd say if you're going to sell your comics and make all of the characters we know and love to that.. You're pretty much doomed.

I really REALLY think he should just write a book or something... Without pictures... I don't think any Sonic Fan would buy his comics other than so they could laugh at it.. I mean really.. Although they are his characters originally he used most of them in Sonic comics.. And now he's going to turn them to.. THAT?! Yeah I think that's FAR too risky plan.. No offense to Penders but.. I'd say if you're going to sell your comics and make all of the characters we know and love to that.. You're pretty much doomed.

He was doomed the day he sued Sega and Archie.

Edited by Blue Comet
1 person likes this

Well true.. he did but.. you know now he'd make even those who are still his fans his enemies.. I mean really I don't like what he did but I don't hate him or anything either.. but doing THAT to all his characters I know.. it's just horrible.

Well it's not like a lot of the sonic fans fanficition or some of those art work on deviantart.

Don't even remind me of the DeviantArt's pics.. Dark place to go.. But still I think this goes pretty close at least when talking about traumatizing fans and so on..

Don't even remind me of the DeviantArt's pics.. Dark place to go.. But still I think this goes pretty close at least when talking about traumatizing fans and so on..

Think those are bad tumblr is worst.

(Especially after midnight) But you're not saying this is a good thing either right? That picture and description... 

You know what'd be funny? If he made all the Lara su chronicle characters look like freaky aliens. No, not the horrible renditions of his characters that he already made but like, xenomorph/predator kinda freaky aliens. And then wrote it how he was originally planning to, relationships, comedy and all. it'd be horrifying and hilarious and I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from it for a second. 8)

You know what'd be funny? If he made all the Lara su chronicle characters look like freaky aliens. No, not the horrible renditions of his characters that he already made but like, xenomorph/predator kinda freaky aliens. And then wrote it how he was originally planning to, relationships, comedy and all. it'd be horrifying and hilarious and I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from it for a second. 8)

Now that...That would actually be hilarious as hell. I imagine you'd probably be able to make a few good drinking games from Pender's work. XD

Yeah.. every time you get scared of his works you take a drink. Every time you get a heart attack you take a drink.

Somebody gonna die from this and it may be me.

Yeah.. every time you get scared of his works you take a drink. Every time you get a heart attack you take a drink.

Every time you see shoddy anatomy for one of his characters, take a drink XD

Then again... It's not really his fault that he had to change the design to... THAT.. and well to be honest let's all be grateful he only managed to do that much damage to the characters.. I mean c'mon don't we all agree he could've done worse than this?

Uh... I can't really think of worse. And yeah... it kinda is his fault

Uh... I can't really think of worse. And yeah... it kinda is his fault

Dylan.. I can think of something far worse than that.. and well yeah I mean sure he started the whole lawsuit thingy and all... I know.. But since he really wanted to do his own comic changes were necessary.. and well.. Yes this could be much much worse...

Sure but he still could've designed them better. It was his choice and preference that they'd look the way they do