Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Comet

Dr.eggman has died in Japan

7 posts in this topic

Some very sad news from the world of voice acting today. Legendary voice actor Chikao Otsuka died of heart failure on January 15th. He was 85 years old.

Father of Akio Otsuka (Metal Gear Solid), Chikao Otsuka played a large number roles in video games, anime and dubbing for foreign films. His repertoire includes the elder Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4) and Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog series). The role most well known to us would be that of Dr. Weil, the primary antagonist of the Mega Man Zero series. Otsuka portrayed Dr. Weil in Mega Man Zero 3Mega Man Zero 4 and numerous Zero 4 drama tracks. 

My sincerest condolences to Mr. Otsuka's family, friends and fans. He will be greatly missed.

This was taking from rockman corner I feel very sad right now. Rest in peace dr.eggman, Big Boss, and Dr.weil

It's such a shame to see a talented voice actor die. While I'll admit I didn't grow up with the Japanese voice acting, (Except Dr. Weil.) there are plenty who have, and for those people, his was a signature voice that could never be replaced.

Though he has died, he has left a legacy as these characters. My condolences and prayers go out to his family, and may he rest in peace.

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

Why does the good people always have to die so soon?? 

The real question is who they gonna get to replace dr.eggman unless theirs a Japanese mike pullock out their I don't know who will have the same amount of energy Otsuka put into it and the worst part sonic boom might be delay in Japan due to Otsuka's sudden death.

Poor guy... at least... he had a good life... right? 

This is really sad. I send condolences to his family, friends, & fans as well.