Shadow

The Final Fantasy Discussion

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

This thread is dedicated to the fans of the Final Fantasy Franchise. It's a place where you can meet friends, discuss with them or share your history with the franchise.

Here are some of my interests.

First FF Game: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Favourite FF game: Final Fantasy 6, 9 being a close follower.

Favourite spin-off game: Dissidia Duodecim 012

Favourite protagonist (or heroes): Locke (ff6) and Zidane (ff9)

Favourite Antagonist (or villains): Kuja (ff9), kefka (ff6) and caius (ff13-2) following

Been a fan of the franchise for: Almost 12 years.

That's all for now. I'll be glad to answer any question and to see your stories ^-^

Huh....Final Fantasy. Well, it's no longer my favorite RPG series, but it certainly still has its charm for me.

First FF: Final Fantasy 7

Favorite FF: Final Fantasy 7 and 9, 12 and 10 being close in Second, the very first two games being taking the Bronze

Favorite FF Spin-off: Dissidia Final Fantasy

Favorite Protagonist: Balthier (I don't care what people or Square says, He IS the Leading man of 12.), Auron, and Zidane.

Favorite Antagonist: Venat and Vayne Solidor, Seond place belonging to Kefka and Kuja, and Ultimecia and Sephiroth taking the Bronze.

I don't even remember how long it's been since first playing a Final Fantasy game. 14 or 15 years if I had to guess.

Now this is quite a subject to discuss.

First FF: Final Fantasy 7

Favorite FF: Now this is a tough one but it has to be FFX because I could spend days with all the mini games in that.

Favorite FF Spin-off: Final Fantasy Seven crisis Core

Favorite Protagonist: Zack Fair hands down

Favorite Antagonist: Genesis Rhapsodos(Even though he wasn't really evil)

First FF Game: Final Fantasy 7

Favorite FF: Final Fantasy 9

Favorite spin-off game: Dissidia Duodecim 012

Favorite Protagonist: hmmmm, I have to say Zidane

Favorite Antagonist: Kuja and Kefka

Been a fan of the franchise for: about 4 years now

I made this topic to talk about the final fantasy series.

Specifically Dissidia

I ran into a problem, but after i solve it this topic is free for watever.

I recently got a copy of Dissidia duodecim for my psp go and the game says it needs a memory stick to save data. Well if you know the PSP go, it has 16 GB (varies with system i heard some have 8gb) and the game will not save data on the system storage. IDK if it is the rom or the system, but do i really need a mem card if the system has 16 gb of storage?

I made this topic to talk about the final fantasy series.

Specifically Dissidia

I ran into a problem, but after i solve it this topic is free for watever.

I recently got a copy of Dissidia duodecim for my psp go and the game says it needs a memory stick to save data. Well if you know the PSP go, it has 16 GB (varies with system i heard some have 8gb) and the game will not save data on the system storage. IDK if it is the rom or the system, but do i really need a mem card if the system has 16 gb of storage?

There's already a topic for the Final Fantasy Franchise, thus making your thread invalid.

Therefore, I do not have an answer unfortunately. I myself got a PSP 3000 and everything seems to be working fine. I do own a memory card however, so there could be a possibility yes.

Yup, unfortunaly. It appear to be the case, as far as Psp save are taken care of.

First FF Game: Final Fantasy 9

Favorite FF: Final Fantasy 9

Favorite spin-off game: Dissidia Duodecim 012

Favorite Protagonist: Zidane

Favorite Antagonist: Kuja

Been a fan of the franchise for: about 1 years now

I think FF is a great franchise myself, the first game I played was FF5. However I got stuck on the first boss and gave up so I went on to play FF6. I personally think FF7 is a bit too overrated myself, but I've never played it before so I do want to check it out. FF6 is definitely my favorite game from the franchise. :) Unfortunately I have only played Mystic Quest, FF6, FF5, and FF1 so I don't have an opinion on any of the spin-offs but there's one game I will never play in the franchise and that's FF Tactics as I don't like tactical RPGs at all. :\

Just attempted to make a short review of the new Final Fantasy. Not a video review this time, just text :3

As you all know, Lightning Returns is the final (at least, that's what we are promised) installation of the Nova Crystallis saga. Therefore, a lot has changed since the last 2 games.

Let's start of with the story. Many reviewers call it crap and on that note.. I would agree. The adventage I have is that I didn't really like the story of XIII and XIII-2 to begin with (time travelling is very hard NOT to fck up), so my hopes storywise weren't that high for LR. Same goes for the characters, though I am one of the few persons that doesn't hate Lightning.

The story begins with Lightning being the savior and trying to rescue Snow's soul, including the people within the palace. But due to a pretty high percentage of Chaos, Lightning has to withdraw because if she dies, it's all over. The world will end in 13 (14 if you complete a certain amount of sidequests) days and it is Lightning's task to rescue as many souls so they can live on in the new world created by Bhunivelze, the god of this story. Many people are afraid because you have to rescue the world within this 13 days. However, that really isn't the biggest problem because of the EP ability Chronostasis, which makes time stand still. It is really usefull, though I overused it and was done with literally everything on the 9th day, resulting in me sleeping till the 13th day. The actual problem with the clock are the time-bases mechanics. At some points, you'll notice that you can only enter certain places or talk to several people in different times. 00:00 AM till 06:00 AM for example. Sometimes that's just brutally interrupting your progress, so that you'll have to go to a different region. Or just wait, but that's a waste of time if you're not using the Chronostasis ability like me.

People also seem to mention the ending very often, which I really didn't have any problem with. Sure, it was the ending of the XIII saga so they could have ended it better, but it was soooo over the top, it was just hilarious too watch.

The biggest change this game gave us is definitely the new combat system. According to Square, it takes some elements from Dark Souls and that is, in my eye, a very good sign. And therefore, I think the combat is pretty good. You have to get used to it first but once you get the hang of it, you'll find it pretty enjoying and challenging too.

You also have to complete side-quests to make the world last longer. They are fun... at first. Later on they'll just turn into MMO quests, where you have to gather certain items or kill a certain amount of monsters. At first, it's fun, but it gets boring easily. Also, you can get rid of monster species by.. killing them all. Sounds hard but it's more time consuming. This was also fun at first, but gets bored later on.

Probably my favourite thing about this game are the allusions/references to other games within the franchise or other Square projects. Garbs are the most obvious reference, where one is a reference to Faris (FF5) and one to Locke (FF6). But these are the most obvious, there are so much more. For example, the slaughterhouse had a poster of the Warrior of Light fighting Chaos (FF1/Dissidia) and my favourite reference, a side-quest where the some alchemist has put the soul of his brother in a living automaton. This is a reference to my favorite anime of all time, Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'm probably forgetting to mention some things but this is my view on the game. I thought it was a good addition to the franchise and a good finale of the XIII saga. Just ignore the story and you'll be fine.

It's a been quite awhile since someone posted here O_O.

Anyhow, Final Fantasy XIV is FREE TO PLAY up to Level 35 on PS4 and PC! Anyone who has done the 14 day trial before can come back with their same characters!

Edited by Thire
Updated information

Is it okay for me to say that Final Fantasy XV actually kinda did a decent job of repairing the series' reputation? After all, it's gotten some of the best reviews of a major FF game in a while, created a relatively active fanbase of its own, won multiple awards, and it sold five million copies overnight. Eat your heart out, Lightning.

Personally, I've had a really good time with FFXV. Even if the overarching story isn't entirely coherent (yet still understandable), it gives me enough motiviation to keep going ahead. As for the actual writing and characters, it's pretty well done and enjoyable. I adore Noctis, Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus. All four of them are entertaining, funny and relatable, so much that the massive amount of party banter doesn't even annoy me. And the acting is pretty darn good, too.

The Kingdom Hearts-esque real-time gameplay itself is rather fun—you can use a variety of moves and techniques in battle, and even if a game over is a little harder to get (by comparison, anyway), you still can face a lot of challenge. And your party members are impressive in battle, too—I was actually having a far harder time when one or two of them were out. Plus, you can set it so that when standing still in battle, time freezes unless the gauge ends. Oh, and for those who've already played this, don't tell me that you didn't spam the warp-strike ability. Camera's still buggy, but I know that I've dealt with much worse.

As for graphics, Square did good. Practicially everything is pretty, detailed and realistic. Even flans are visually impressive. Yoko Shimomura is on music for this game, and that's definitely a plus.

And that's all the thoughts I could think of for tonight. I'd recommend this game to anyone who loves the Final Fantasy series or just a good action-adventure/RPG game in general. Good night, and remember to buy some Cup Noodles on your next shopping trip. Thank you for reading.

1 person likes this

It takes a lot to cause me to want to comment in a thread like this. And for me to like Blueblur's post should also say a lot for the game in question. Noctis is a fantastic protagonist and with Ignis, Prompto and Gladiolus as your party you can never fail. Aranea, Iris and Cor are good guests too. And the antagonist is such a mystery I can not help but wonder of their story. I recommend 15 fully so go get a great game!

1 person likes this