The Persepolis Effect

Persona!! The Velvet Room

102 posts in this topic

Calling al Persona users!! Get your evoker and talk aaaall about anything Persona right here! That is, if your future so dictates...

Per...So......Na!

Heck yeah! I, LOVE, the Persona series! (Although I think you should add the name to your title just so people who don't get the reference would understand that that's what this is about.) I'll admit I was introduced to it rather late, but I couldn't get enough of it, nor the Shin Megami Tensei series that it span-off from. It immediately went from a game that I just didn't understand, (I looked at a Persona 4 walkthrough and noticed that it was set in days, which, at the time made me confused as to what the heck this game was supposed to be.) to some of my favorite video games of ALL time.

I'll admit, however, I only played two of the games: Persona 3 and 4. I haven't played 1 and neither of the 2. I have seen them however, and recognized their quality.

Favorite game: Hands Down, Persona 4. I love Persona 3, and I do recognize it to be the superior game of the two, but I absolutely LOVE this game. It was my introduction to this series and the Shin Megami Tensei series as a whole. I love the concept I loved the town, I loved just about every character in this, there's not a single thing I don't like in this (...Ok, Except a certain singer, but even she has some good qualities in her.). There are things that Persona 3 did better, but I like them here anyways.

Favorite Character: This is an odd and unpopular choice to be sure, but I'm going to go right out and say it: Not only is Teddie my favorite character in Persona 4, he is one of my favorite characters in gaming period. I love his character arc, I love his personality, I love his story, I love that freaking Shadow he has, and I love the fact that he's actually quite useful in battle. Heck, I'll even tolerate his bear puns, because at least he's doing them right...most of the time anyways, some of those puns just don't work.

In Persona 3's case...It's actually difficult because I love most of the characters in this too...Personality shifts in FES' "The Answer" not withstanding. *Glares at Yukari* But my favorite has got to be Pharos/Ryoji Mochizuki. It's hard to explain without spoiling anything, but...Considering his backstory up to when he appears, I absolutely love how he turned out. Let's just put it that way.

Favorite Social Link: In Persona 3...I gotta go with Akinari. Being a writer myself, I can say this character is a bit of an inspiration to me. Not a direct one, but just...every time I see his story and how it ends, it makes me want to work on my stuff.

In Persona 4: Dojima. ...Just, Just Dojima. I guess the best way to describe why is because talking with him...makes me feel relax. It reminds me of my own conversations with my Dad, and it just makes me feel like I'm enjoying a conversation with him, or any of my uncles really. I enjoy every conversation with him. ...And I...admit, ...when "that scene" happens and when I saw him upset, ...I had teary eyes.

Favorite Song:

In terms of Persona 3 however, ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APF5FPDQi04...Just...Just Darkness.

Favorite Vocal Song: The three Credit songs:

Favorite Villain:

Hmm...That's actually a tough one, because a lot of the villains in these two games were quite good. ...Ok, Excluding the two goddesses, as they are more Anti-villains then villains really, I gotta go with...the True Suspect from Persona 4 (Called that for the sake of keeping it a secret). I both love AND hate this person. Takaya was a good villain but he never hid who he really was. With True Suspect, you would never know what he/she was really like unless you looked especially hard enough to see it.

Favorite town: I gotta go with Inaba. I don't know what it is about this town that makes such an impact on me, but the peaceful nature of this small town and everyone in it just makes me feel relaxed. The big city of Persona 3 is good too, but it just doesn't leave as much of an impact as this town does.

Favorite Velvet Room Resident: Igor. Because he's freaking Igor! He has been there since the very beginning and the fact he has the game's superbosses at his beck and call, shows just what kind of respect this being holds. It helps that's also polite, loyal, and willing to help his guest every step of the way.

Favorite Moment: In Persona 4, It's got to be the last day of the game. Why? ...I honestly don't know. I guess it's because on the last day, I feel like Inaba just...is at its best. ...Have you ever prepared to move out of your hometown, and just took one last trip around the neighborhood before you go? Saying goodbye to your friends, reliving old memories, and realizing just how good a place it was to you? That's basically what that day was like for me. It was a sad and yet...relaxed sigh I get every time I take that final walk around town.

In Persona 3, it was the ENTIRE month of January. Like with Persona 4, this is the last month of the game, and to me, it was the most relaxing. This one is actually a bit easier to explain. You spent most of the year fighting, one month in confusion and sadness, and one month in absolute despair. Despite what's beyond the horizon, this is the month where, after making a decision of hope, the team feels at its most...normal. It's a month of relaxation, of preparation, of determination, and just that moment where the game just takes a breather. The music changes from joyful upbeat music on all accounts to melancholic, slow, yet peaceful music. While the world around you gets more and more insane, you and your friends living their lives to the best of their abilities because they know this might be the last time they're able to.

Favorite Persona: Well in terms of Design, I gotta go with Izanagi-no-Okami. I'm a sucker for trenchcoats. But more importantly, Look at that freaking sword!

In terms of use, however: ...I gotta go with Orpheus Telos. This is the Persona that truly represents the true power of the Wild Card. Capable of inheriting any abilities from any Persona used to make it, makes it incredibly useful. ...A pain to get the proper abilities installed though. -.-;

1 person likes this

Red get out. NOW!!!

Why did someone make a topic about Persona!? Now he'll never leave!!! XD

I agree with you, Mr (or Ms.) Nice guy! The "true culprit" is a great villain, and personally one of my favorites. As for those months... Yeah, why not pick the ones where you're completely warped in battle! Sure it's a bit slow to get some good Orpheus Telos abilities *cough* Mind Charge *cough* but I feel like the Answer really touched me the most. It was also fun destroying Mr. I-will-destroy-everything-with-the-arcana-you-use-everyfreakingday-and-who's-weaknesses-you-know with a good little tarukukaja-filled team. *cough* Heat Riser *cough*

It's Mr. ^^

Define "Warped". because if you mean caught up in it, then it's because I just could named every other month besides the later ones of P3 my personal favorite. They're not bad, but they're not noteworthy either, they're standard as the Status Quo of the game.That's why I find January so striking to me, it was a time to relax before that big final showdown.

Speaking of which, the one you refer to: Yeah, I actually enjoyed that battle as well. ...I'd prolonged farther than I'd like, but I understood why it did that, and I liked how it got interesting at that final Arcana.

Orpheus Telos was just a pain. Worth it, but a Pain. I managed to beat P3's superboss thanks to that.

The Answer was good, I liked how it took a trip into the past of everyone, but it's honestly my least favorite of the stories. Never mind the difficulty spike, but also I just didn't like that Penultimate arc before the final boss, especially Yukari. I get why she's like that, but I still absolutely hate what she tried to do. Heck even she admitted by the end that she was being stupid.

By "Warped", I mean, "Your not gonna believe this, but the enemies here can kill you with a single hit. Why? Which because Mabufudyne"

Cheaters.

And yeah, Orpheus being able to learn anything really amps it up. Who needs battling? We can just fuse Orpheus Telos. But then again...

"C'mon, c'mon... Gimme Tarukukaja, Mind Charge, and Heat Riser!"

5 mins later: "Errr... This is gonna take a while, clearly.."

10 mins later: "Yeeees, yees, I see Tarukaja and Mind Charge.... NO! THAT'S NOT"

15 mins later: "Why can't I just TEACH him moves... Stupid Atlus"

20 mins later: ":/"

30 mins later: "Evil touch? Really..."

40 mins later: "NYAAAAAAAH! *Throws Controller*"

And that's pretty much how the next day I got it on the first try. Oooh, God, you work in mysterious ways...

No I'm losing him!!! Reeeeeeeed!!!!!!!! XD

Yeah, that's pretty much my timeline as well. I decided to give up and give him just...I think it was Niflheim and Ragnarok. But I don't remember. Worked out in the end though, because I got all the abilities on Personas that won't make the Superboss activate her 1-hit kill.

And Ah, I see. ...You think that's bad, Play SMT: Nocturne. I promise you'll be getting a new controller by the time you reach a certain Spanish skeleton.

I assure it's a lot darker than Persona though. o.o;

I have probably created a future topic that may go down in scanf history.... naaaah. We need more INvestigation Team Members!

*Bond is formed with the forum, Arcana is Fool*

"Thou art I, and I am thou... Thou has our blessing when thou choosest to create a Persona of the Fool Arcana..."

Me: Nice. *Summons Orpheus*

well I'm still playing Persona 3... but it is awesome. also for the Velvet room.. what exactly is it? how was it created? and how does Igor choose who gets to enter there and who doesn't?

Persona? Well I do want Persona 5 to be out now. From what I gathered from the teaser its based around the theme of freedom. As for the velvet room, I think I recall igor was introduced in P3 and in persona 1 and 2 there was ether different people in there or it wasn't in the series yet. I could be wrong here as I don't remember where I got that info from.

I've only played the 3rd game... And seen few episodes of the anime... So at least Igor was in Persona 4...? I guess... Can't say for sure about the game... And yes there are different people. They help Igor.. Igor is the master of the Velvet Room.. While the others aren't his servants... I'd guess they're helpers? And your guides as well...  (At least from what I've heard...)

I am rather new to persona. I have only played 4 and that was only up to Rize's part.

I was quite bored and too a few quizzes for what persona I would have.

I got Judgement three times, Wheel of fortune three times and Fool four times.

Here is an example of the wheel of fortune

X Wheel Of Fortune

The Wheel of Fortune card is pretty much like the name suggests. It represents an upcoming sudden major change that one has next to no control over because life is a B*tch that way (or you could throw ‘fate’ here if you like that word better). It could be bad or it could be good, but either way, it’s out of your hands. The card suggests that it’s probably best to just go with the flow and pick up the opportunities that you can since you have no control over it, and any outright resistance is pretty much just wasted effort. Though when it’s right side up, it usually means that the change means good things to come (this card heavily depends on the positions on other cards though).If it’s reversed, that means either a useless struggle or a setback in life.

Well my only experience from Persona games is the third game.. But I still like The Velvet room really much.. It looks amazing and mysterious and Igor and his helpers all look really interesting though I'd need more guidance from Igor than what he already gives.. (Since I'm not really smart or anything..) Though I do appreciate his help anyway.. And it's kind of cool how you can show his helpers your world and get to know them. 

All persona fans I set you a task. I want you to really think about it and tell me here what Arcana you are.

I myself am the Moon Arcana.

I think I'd be The Fool or Death Arcana...

I think I'd be The Fool or Death Arcana...

Shini go on the wiki and decide properly.

okay okay.. So I'd be either Hanged Man Arcana.. Or Judgment/Sun.. But I am also The Fool.

Actually maybe even The Priestess. There are far too many Arcana's that describe my life and personality too well... 

Go on google and type in "What persona arcana am I?" And take the first quiz listed.

I got the magician first, the fool second, and the x wheel of fortune third! Niiiiice. I always thought I was gonna be the magician, heh heh heh.

The Magician huh? Cool. It's kind of weird to think how misleading The Fool Arcana's name is. In reality the people who have it are no fools at all but it does make it sound like they are.. Then again.. Do you know any magic tricks Magician-san? xD