HomestarRunner

Fan Characters (Wanna see what ya made!)

708 posts in this topic

You've been busy since we've last seen you!  Great work.

1 person likes this

Hey Shinomi! Always great to see you and your work!

1 person likes this

Is Shinomi back? SHE´S BACK for a moment... yay?

Cool characters, as usual, @Shinomi-chan. Your never-ending universe creation keeps growing... 

1 person likes this

I also should've included my one other drawing in the last bunch, but eh, here's my oc's Dragon bro (In human form tho):

No photo description available.

1 person likes this

Cool!  I like how this one looks.

1 person likes this

D'awww thank you :,3 (I mean characters clothing is already difficult but trying to get his robe thingy right WHOO BOI.)

I was working on a story with a friend and I decided to just go ahead and draw out the design for a fusion that happened in the story. I find it easier to draw out a design then to describe it.

ip_fero_ref_by_silvori_dd78hy4-pre.jpg?t

2 people like this

They say an image is worth a thousand words for good reason...

That design is incredibly appealing. It works wonderfully, and the way you excepcionally have drawn his expressions only improves the already masterful artwork. Just amazing!

Does he have a background story?

1 person likes this

Thank you.

I don't have a back story for this character because he is a fusion two seperat characters. Its more like a moment that happening in the story. The moment is one character has a problem controlling his power and sometimes goes on rampages. Another character that was n the same place as the first character, decided to fuse with him inorder to help calm him down. Then this form came to be. 

So I made an oc for Mononoke Hime/Princess Mononoke:

Image may contain: drawing

2 people like this

Okay haven't posted in a while so here goes. There are multiple pics but they're all from same characters' story so. My OK K.O Let's Be Heroes oc:

Image may contain: drawing

so if you haven't seen OKKO basically there are villains and heroes but Catie is neither. They have POW cards to tell everyone's power level, Catie's states: 5/-5 (Because of her heroic and villainous acts.) or basically just grey area stuff)

Growing up she had a bit of an Lara Crafter phase. Wanted to be like her since she made her own gadgets and what not (Turned out to be a total sham) so that ended quickly

She used to love wearing these Amazing Hank gloves (that made things go boom.) and earned her a nickname Punchy, since she loved to hit just about anything with those. (later she decided not to wear them due to safety hazard.) She literally leaned on a rock and it went BOOM.

Not an emo phase, but just her rebellion look. takes place in the ep Dark Plaza

Image may contain: text

Basically if Catie got over powered from Glorbs (which are mystical glowing orbs of light.)

A "What if" had she been part of a fashion show in episode: "Ray Way."

When Catie got an invitation to the Plaza Prom

pretty much sums up her and Fink's relationship

A "what if" had Catie gone to P.O.I.N.T Prep school

Just my own idea of what happens on a rainy day when Box Bots play cards with Catie.

Just Catie going to the beach, TRYING her best to stay away from water

Gotta call Cartoon Network. Seems some designer from there lost this concept art. Please, send it back inmediately so that this cutie Catie can be on the show!

You've put a lot of thought in this one, even drawing scenes from her past. Dig the design, and all the variants! I honestly think this character could work even aside from O.k. K.O's universe, but at the same time it works with the show's aesthetic.

You know what you were doing drawing this. You always do...

1 person likes this

Really great work as always Shinomi!

1 person likes this

Gotta call Cartoon Network. Seems some designer from there lost this concept art. Please, send it back inmediately so that this cutie Catie can be on the show!

You've put a lot of thought in this one, even drawing scenes from her past. Dig the design, and all the variants! I honestly think this character could work even aside from O.k. K.O's universe, but at the same time it works with the show's aesthetic.

You know what you were doing drawing this. You always do...

dawwwww thank you guys :,)

1 person likes this

Okay haven't posted in a while so here goes. There are multiple pics but they're all from same characters' story so. My OK K.O Let's Be Heroes oc:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Noice, I love it.

Edited by Jumala
1 person likes this

If anyone is familiar with the show Epithet Erased.... Well you KNOW your gurl had to make an oc for it:

2 people like this

Cool work!

1 person likes this

If anyone is familiar with the show Epithet Erased.... Well you KNOW your gurl had to make an oc for it:

The more I look at your drawings, the more I want to see them in a digitalized form.

You're improving your "mangartoonish" style, Shinomi-chan!

I wished you finally took your own style and made more OCs out of any fandom (nothing wrong with doing that tho), because those cutesy chibi-like designs are really appealing and nice to look at!

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

I wished you finally took your own style and made more OCs out of any fandom (nothing wrong with doing that tho), because those cutesy chibi-like designs are really appealing and nice to look at!

I mean when I make ocs for a fandom I want to make them IN THAT STYLE. Hence why I don't have just one style. I try to make it as close to the original as possible. And I don't mean to draw in chibi style =3= 

Yeah, I mean, I can see the inspiration you're taking every time you make a fan-character. It's just that I really REALLY like the way you develop this super-duper cute kind of character design, and it's clearly visible that, while imitating a preexisting style, your own still surfaces from time to time.

Nothing wrong with that tho. In fact, I'd say it's a good thing, since you've made your style THAT recognisable.

2 people like this

Agreed 100%.

1 person likes this

I know, right? I'm still waiting for @Shinomi to start her carreer as mangaka! We need to know more about her creations.

Yes, I said NEED, Shinomi-senpai.

2 people like this

So some people have probably seen I have a new name and pic. Here's the full pic
BwBg1AT.jpg
Trying to draw more like I used to. Already drawn a couple of my random OCs to practice

Soooo... the idea is control over machines. Technomancy sort of thing. Because... that is kinda what I do anyway irl xD

Because I like trying different looks, I may change how my character looks. Thank nanites within his body for that ;)

2 people like this