HomestarRunner

Fan Characters (Wanna see what ya made!)

708 posts in this topic

Shhhhh!  Don't reveal your secrets! ;) 

Ehehehe... Me again... hahah.. ha... So.. Uh.. My Final Fantasy IX oc...:

16508085_771377266348358_174542299228203

she usually carries around a spell book in her bag, usually she uses summoning spells, or then for quick attacks, she takes the blades hidden to the sides of her boots.

Edited by Shinomi-chan
1 person likes this

My gosh...Shinomi, do you sleep? Because the absence of that biological function is the only thing that can explain the over 9000 characters you create! You can't deny that!

On the other hand, your skill is cleary undeniable. Have you ever thought of making comics about your creations?

1 person likes this

I second ChaosKaiser's suggestion!

Don;t feel bad about drawing Shinomi!  It's great to see your creations!

1 person likes this

Of course it's great that you draw, Shinomi! I love drawing, i love creating characters, and stories, and stuff, so I know the feeling of letting your creativity flow freely. 

And people like you know how to use that flow in order to make something memorable.

1 person likes this

Well I mean.. I thought about the Empty World comic thingy.. and well for an older oc of mine, I was kinda..ish thinking about a comic or so.. (until I realized that backgrounds are important... ahahahahahaha... ;_; haha... ha....)

1 person likes this

Hey, I have A LOT to learn about backgrounds and perspectives, but I still draw comics. In fact, once you start drawing your story, you'll look for info about how to make those, so you should definately give it a try.

But I'm off-topicing here, so I'll stop talking about that, and just add that I've made a couple of things I would like to share with you, this time, clearly in-topic. But first I have to find out how to upload images here...

1 person likes this

I was gonna say that it will come with practice Shinomi, but I think ChaosKaiser beat me too it!

(And don;t worry about the off topicing, it was still a discussion about the art)

1 person likes this

and here we have a game of... GUESS THE GENDER!!!!

16508906_771377369681681_115618853776393

(Funny how the idea came to me in a dream xD)

1 person likes this

Gonna have to go with male, unless she keeps her eyelashes short! ;) 

But either way looks good

I have to agree with Skye. I think it's a male... but maybe Shinomi's toying with us! THE GENDER IS A LIE!

So, let's play another game, shall we? This time, let's guess who designed this fan-character that I just drew for fun (and to cheer someone up)!

Optimized-IMG-20170222-WA0000.thumb.jpeg

...yeah, it's the easy level. Besides, the fun part isn't the guessing... but YOUR REACTION! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 person likes this

*Stares at the picture* ..... Yo Archie? Did ya miss an artist of yours here or....? o_o Because I freaking love iiiiit~ :D

(and hahahaha!! It IS a girl! AHAHHAHAHAH xD)

Whoa!  That is amazing ChaosKaiser.  *is jealous* 

(Awwww, darn!  Should have known, in Japan, male outfit means girl!)

1 person likes this

Except when it's a boy xD 

This time it's GUESS THE ANIME reference.

(and the text says: Su which is not the name of the character, but the thing.. attached to her arm.)

My internet didn't agree with modifying the pic.. =-= 

16602924_771377716348313_154116898559620

1 person likes this

(LOL, I knew it! She was playing with us, she didn't draw the eyelashes to get us confused! That was her master plan.  And yeah, as @Skye Prower said, in the manga world, if you wear male clothes, you might be a girl)

I wish I'd work for Archie! And Skye, don't be jelly, there's more... 

1 person likes this

Alas my anime knowledge is very limited so I can;t play Shinomi!

(Too cunning for us!  Clearly!)

And I can't help it!  Everyone draws so great! *sniffles*

1 person likes this

I'm not sure about the anime... I do watch anime, but this one in particular... no clue. I really like the design, though, specially the arm--thingy (does it have eyes?).

Chssssssst, Skye, don't cry...come here, gimme a hug, man. I know the feels. 

1 person likes this

(It does have eyes :3 ) yesh.

re-draw of my older oc Astra:

16508323_771376956348389_465484286670141

1 person likes this

*hugs but cries anyway*

Another cool drawing!  You've got a great imagination! 

1 person likes this

Skye-chan.. I know that.. but... It is VERY annoying when I'm trying to sleep and my brain's like: "Hey how about-???" 

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, I've been there soooooooooo many times! ;) 

We share the artistic frustration of "I have good ideas when I'm trying to sleep". 

So in order to inspire you a little before you go to bed, here's another pic of mine (that I recently discovered, thanks to Skye's character sheet, that it's not valid... but here it is anyway!)

optimized_img_20170119_012256_by_cesarlo

Yes, it's supposed to be post-reboot Skye Prower. @Skye Prower's version, descendant of Tails and Nicole, to be more speciffic. That's why his/her gender is not clear, and the design is a mix between the holo-lynx and the two-tailed fox.

And yes, I drew this after I jumped into the "Christmas Roleplay" but before I read your character sheet, So enjoy an imperfect alternate version of your avatar! 

Edited by ChaosKaiser
The image couldn't be seen
3 people like this

Oh WOW!  THAT'S AWESOME CHAOSKAISER!  *hugs* Thankie thankie thankie so much!  No worries that it's not the origonal design, I still think it looks really really great!  Let's say that's his 'adventuring outfit'

Permission to use it as my avatar?

1 person likes this

Ohmygod that is AMAZING!!! (Your drawing style reminds me of something..) Do you usually draw with anime..ish style? Or is this just one of the older Sonic The Hedgehog comic styles? (It looks like it at least)

Oh my... permission HONORABLY granted, of course, Skye! 

I have more of these fan-character redesigns somewhere... buuuut I guess it's enough for today. I'm not so overpowered as Shinomi!

And yeah, I draw manga (basically because I want to be a profesional artist), so the influence might be there. In the case of Sonic style, I tend to stick to the "cannonical" proportions and design, but I have several artists that I look up to: Evan Stanley, Tracy Yardley, Tyson Hesse, Diana Skelly, Jennifer Hernandez, Jamal Peppers... and most likely the rest of the guys that have drawn Sonic comics recently! 

Thank you so much for your kind words, guys! It means a lot, considering how creative you are!