Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Jest

Character Theme Song Finding

6 posts in this topic

Let me first say I had NO Idea where to put this thing. I originally thought of putting it in the Multiverse of Sonic section, but I figured, since this is essentially interactive (As redundant as that may sound on a forum.) and has sort-of rules to it (More guidelines than rules, really.), I felt it would best be placed here in the Party sector.

Now, I'm sure one of you has seen one of

before, they're all over the place on youtube, made by several sonic fans. The concept is simple enough, make a slide-show video showing an image of characters and a theme that they believe best fits them as unofficial themes to use in, say, games.

Looking at a few recently, I've been inspired to make a topic about theme song finding, and here we are.

Now, the point of this topic is Perspective. ...I want you to make a list of characters, with the songs that you think best fit them. Think those character theme videos in a forum format.

There are a few things to take note of though:

1. NO ALREADY-MADE SONIC SONGS, ESPECIALLY CRUSH 40! These are official theme songs, so it's really unfair to use them. Of course they fit the characters like a glove, they were MADE to fit them. I wanna hear what YOU think they should be, not what Sega MADE them be.

2. They do not have to be 100% accurate. I've stated before that a true theme song works as a Theme, and as a Song. Save for the ones that were actually made for it, no song in the world were made to perfectly fit these guys. Think of it more as your opinion of what the character is to you in Melody format.

3. If you can help it, I advise staying away from Mainstream. In the end, Numb, Poker face, etc. It's more interesting to go for the songs that not everyone really knows about. Makes it interesting and gives way to perhaps give a more unknown star a little more attention. However, I am NOT prohibiting them. I believe there's a few that could be considered at the least popular in my list. If you really feel they are perfect for the characters you choose then by all means, go right ahead.

4. Due to the...*Ahem* "Sensitivity" of language in this site. If you have a song that holds some swearing or questionable material or anything like that, I'll allow it, but I need you to tag that link with an "(Explicit)" warning like so as a heads up. (Minor-Explicit) if it's not because of language outright and just about the material talked about in the song.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

With that said, I'll start with showing my themes for them first. I didn't find a theme for all of them although some knows that I've tried, (Especially disappointed that I couldn't find one for Metal Sonic of all things, Sorry MS fans. ;_; ) and It's not exactly pitch perfect across the board. ...Some finds I'm proud of, some...Not so much. (Looking at Nicole) But I gave them these songs for one reason or another, and I hope you enjoy the playlist I have, and hopefully many more might, establish. ^_^

Sonic the Hedgehog

Miles "Tails" Prower

Knuckles the Echidna

Shadow the Hedgehog(Explicit)

Amy Rose (Minor-Explicit)

Cream the Rabbit

Rouge the Bat

E-123 Omega

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Vector the Crocodile (Minor-Explicit)

Espio the Chameleon

Charmy Bee

Tikal the Echidna

Chaos

Maria Robotnik

Professor Gerald Robotnik

Post-Insanity Gerald Robotnik/Bio-Lizard

Black Doom

G.U.N. Commander Abraham Towers

Silver the Hedgehog

Blaze the Cat (Explicit) (Credit where it's due: I was introduced by a friend of mine for his character. He is not a member here, and so I will keep his name Anonymous for the sake of privacy.)

Marine the Raccoon

Dr. Eggman Nega

Captain Whiskers

Princess Elise

Mephiles the Dark (Minor-Explicit)

Iblis

Solaris (Minor-Explicit)

Sonic the Werehog

Chip/Light Gaia (Two separate Songs for two separate personae.)

Dark Gaia (Minor-Explicit)

Jet the Hawk (Minor-Explicit)

Wave the Swallow

Storm the Albatross

Tails Doll

-------------------------------

Cosmo the Seedrian (On an Unrelated note, To Skye/any artist on this site: ...Miles "Cloud" Strife. Make it happen! XD )

-------------------------------

Sally Acorn

Nicole (This song probably sounds wrong, literally from the first line. But just ignore that little fact and continue on...Or if you prefer, consider that Nicole is technically an AI.)

Antoine D'Coolette

Bunnie D'Coolette

Dr. Julian Kintobor

Snively Kintobor

Iron Queen Regina (Explicit)

Nack the Weasel

Bark the Polar Bear

Bean the Dynamite

Geoffrey St. John

Scourge the Hedgehog (Explicit)

Rosy the Rascal

Ixis Naugus (Minor-Explicit)

Mammoth Mogul (Explicit)

Predator Hawk

Sgt. Simian

Flying Frog

Lightning Lynx (Before clicking this one, take into consideration Lightning's story, ...and how he may have hoped it would end.)

Dr. Finitevus

Fiona Fox (Minor-Explicit)

Mecha/A.D.A.M. (Credit where it's due, like with Blaze's theme. To use for his character, Cronic introduced me to this one.)

Captain Metal

Eclypse the Darkling

Edited by The Jest

This looks like fun. I'll have to have a ponder

(On an Unrelated note, To Skye/any artist on this site: ...Miles "Cloud" Strife. Make it happen! XD )

Who's... Cloud? *look of confusion*

This looks like fun. I'll have to have a ponder

Who's... Cloud? *look of confusion*

He's referring to Cloud Strife, the leading man of Final Fantasy 7.

He's referring to Cloud Strife, the leading man of Final Fantasy 7.

Oh.... uh.... never played it I'm afraid.

One question though, so we're not allowed to use a characters existing theme songs. But can we use an official theme song to apply to ANOTHER character?

Oh.... uh.... never played it I'm afraid.

One question though, so we're not allowed to use a characters existing theme songs. But can we use an official theme song to apply to ANOTHER character?

First off:

200px-Cloud-FFVIIArt.png

THIS is Cloud Strife.

As for your next question: ...That's actually a good question. ...Well, I still feel that'd be too much of an easy way out, so I'm thinking no. But if there's a song from another character that you REALLY think will work 100% perfectly for another character, like with the Mainstream, ...then I guess you can give it a shot, but I seriously recommend avoiding that if possible.

I know it is quite a bump but I got bored so I am going to crit the themes Jest chose. I know I missed a few off the list but I haven't played unleashed or rush adventure and didn't beat 06 so I can't judge fairly on some.

Sonic: Questionable really, granted some part are perfect it is clear the song is meaning a car. But I say it is passable as a theme for Sonic so two stars out of five.

Tails: Now this one is quite good. It matches tails really well in parts but it doesn't make me feel for him so I give you three and a jalf stars out of five.

Knuckles: I didn't even need to listen to it to judge. I know the song quite well and it is quite fitting and it does make you feel a bit for Knuckles so four out of five stars.

Shadow: I must admit you picked well here. It shows the depth of Shadow's story of darkness but in my opinion it is too strong for him so I give it three out of five stars

Amy Rose: I just don't agree with your pick at all sorry so zero out of five stars.

Cream: It does have its moments where is fits Cream but it seems more fitting for Tails to me so I can only give it half a star out of five.

Rouge: Now this is interesting. It shows Rouge's love for gens but it also shows a kind of fear that people can hurt her. I think it wasn't too bad a choice so four out of five.

E123 Omega: That one works quite well. So I think I will award it with three and a half out of five stars.

Eggman: Now that is a very fitting song for Eggman. It even has some minor references to parts of his story so I give it full marks. Fice out of five stars.

Vector: Nice song but ot doesn't show Vector at all for me so zero out of five I am afraid.

Espio: It is true ninjas are awesome but the song is too dark for Espio. So I give it one out of five stars.

Charmy: (Note to self stab Jest as punishment for subjecting my ears to that) I can't say much other than "what on earth.." one and a half out of five stars.

Chaos: I just didn't see any connection so zero out of five stars.

Tikal: I didn't need to finish the song to make my choice. I give it four out of five stars.

Maria: While I listened to the song I saw the bond between Shadow and Maria and it worked well. Five out of five stars.

Gerald: While I listened to the song I saw Gerald's plea for a means to saw Maria and for that reason I give it five out of five stars.

Biolizard: I see why you chose that song and I like it. But I see little connection to the biolizard so I give it four out of five stars.

Black Doom: I can see why you picked that song and it works partly so I give it three out of five stars.

Tower: I saw his story as I heard this song and for that reason you get full marks. Five out of five stars.

Silver: I see a connection to his Comic quest but no connection to Silver himself so I can only give it two and a half out of five stars.

Blaze: I have my theories to who shown that song to Jest. But it just doesn't fit Blaze for me. Zero out of five stars.

Marine: That is one adventure you can count me out for. But for Marine it works so three and a half stars out of five.

Jet: I can see your reason for this song but it just doesn't fit for me so half a star out of five.

Wave: I like the choice and it does work for Wave in parts. So I give it three out of five stars.

Storm: Not a bad choice so I give it two out of five stars.

Tails doll: I don't need to hear it to give that four out of five stars.

Cosmo: I can't say I am surprised by the choice since it does work so four and a half out of five stars.

Sally: I see more Sonia from Underground in the song but I can connect Sally to it too but can only give it one out of five stars.

Nicole: I can see Nicole saying that to Sally so I give it three out of five stars.

Antoine: A very fitting choice for him four and a half out of five stars

Bunnie: She has overcome a lot and you must admire her for it so her score matches her husband. Four and a half out of five stars.

Julian Kintobor: I just don't get why you chose that song. Zero out of five stars.

Snivley: There is some connection but tge song is too powerful overall in my opinion. One out of five stars.

Regina: That song works well but is just lacks something so four out of five.

Nack/Fang: That weasel sure is a cowboy. Nice choice five out of five stars.

Bean: That song works but lacks insanity so I can only give it two and a half out of five stars.

Bark: Good choice for him. Five out of five stars.

Geoffrey: Now that song is perfect! Full marks for sure. Five out of five stars.

Scourge: And there is King Scourge alright, five out of five stars.

Rosy: That is just crazy like her. Four and a half out of five stars.

Naugus: Naugus is mad enough for that to be about him so four outcof five stars.

Mogul: I don't understand why you picked that. Zero out of five stars.

Predator Hawk: The song shows a want for revenge but nothing about a hunter's thrill in hunting thus my score is one out of five stars.

Sgt Simian: I like the choice and I see parts of Simian's story in it so four and a half out of five stars.

Flying frog: Good choice five out of five stars.

Lightning Lynx: That song is truly remarkable. It shows Lightning's story greatly and even shows his real dream. Five out of five stars.

Finitevus: He is that twisted but the song isn't quite perfect. Four out of five stars.

Fiona: That fox is deadly, nice choice but there is more to Fiona so three out of five stars.

Mecha/ADAM: Built to be destroyed huh? Not too bad three out of five stars.

Captain Metal: For me he wasn't Pirate long enough for that to fully work so three out of five stars.

Eclypse: I see fitting parts in the song but it isn't showing all of him. Two out of five stars.