Danny Felixe

Sonic Runners (2015, Smartphone)

149 posts in this topic

Great, Android users like me are going to miss the anniversary celebration -.-

Edited by UltraSonicTeam

Which android are you using I have an android I think I must be able to help do you have a galaxy phone or something.

I'd been trying to use my Xperia Play (which is compatible with the game, according to Google Play) but to no avail. I've uninstalled it for now.

I would probably wait for future updates before trying to install it again I heard it doesn't work well on new android devices like the S5 and onward 

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. This is why it should have just been a console game... ;/

Well I never... looks like I actually have something positive to say about this game:

So, after failing to get it working on my phone for the billionth time, I decided to switch to a new phone (Galaxy S5, I believe). The game ran very smoothly, with very little lag. After finishing the first episode, it gave me 10 Special Eggs to have a 'free' go on the Special Roulette (which doubles your chances of getting each type of egg). And on this 'free' spin of mine... I landed straight on the Character Egg and unlocked Classic Sonic! YES! To think, after all this time, I was lucky enough to get him.

But it gets better. Once I'd obtained 50 Red Rings, I decided to have another go at the Premium Roulette (mainly to get another buddy) and... it just lands on the very edge of the Character Egg again! So now I also have Omega unlocked! As for the game itself, I'm actually enjoying what I've played so far. I just hope this lasts...

Well I never... looks like I actually have something positive to say about this game:

So, after failing to get it working on my phone for the billionth time, I decided to switch to a new phone (Galaxy S5, I believe). The game ran very smoothly, with very little lag. After finishing the first episode, it gave me 10 Special Eggs to have a 'free' go on the Special Roulette (which doubles your chances of getting each type of egg). And on this 'free' spin of mine... I landed straight on the Character Egg and unlocked Classic Sonic! YES! To think, after all this time, I was lucky enough to get him.

But it gets better. Once I'd obtained 50 Red Rings, I decided to have another go at the Premium Roulette (mainly to get another buddy) and... it just lands on the very edge of the Character Egg again! So now I also have Omega unlocked! As for the game itself, I'm actually enjoying what I've played so far. I just hope this lasts...

I've heard that if you tap the screen near the character egg, it stops automatically.

I'm glad you finally got it working! And man that is some crazy luck!

I've been playing since the worldwide release hoping I could get Classic Sonic before he goes away. And of course the day Omega comes out... I finally get it to land on the character egg... and guess who I get? Omega. It WOULD have been Classic Sonic if it was just one day before... lol

Thankfully there is a happy ending here. I managed to finally get Classic Sonic one day before he is gone for good(Or at least until they bring him back for who-knows-what). I'm also not going to pay them money for a CHANCE at something I want. I don't mind supporting apps I really enjoy... but its gotta be something worth it.

Also... is there no way to add friends other then through facebook? I really don't like facebook ;/

I have the worst luck with the roulette. Getting characters that is. I do have some good buddies like the Death Egg and Shara.

I hope actualizations include more storylines, I need to see that Roboticized Eggman story.

I have the worst luck with the roulette. Getting characters that is. I do have some good buddies like the Death Egg and Shara.

I never managed to get the Death Egg, but I did level up my cartridge to max trying to get Classic Sonic lol

Best buddy I have is the Battle Cruiser. Its HUGE and I don't really like the look of it... but the increase of Red Rings from hitting Eggman is just too good to not use!

Well I finally got a character on the roulette, Omeg to be exact.

Just incase anyone's wondering, 3 new characters have become available: Big, Cream and Silver. These three aren't unlocked via the Roulette, but can be purchased straight away. However, each one costs 250 Red Rings (or 5,000,000 Rings) and are categorised as 'Team Easy'. Essentially, they run slower than the other characters (making certain tasks easier) but you're score bonus is HALVED (or more, if you use 2 'Easy' characters) to counteract the easy run. This, combined with their VERY hefty price... honestly doesn't make them too worthwhile. It's a shame, really. I was tempted to play as Silver in this game. Oh well, at least I unlocked Rouge today!

I think Amy should of being on team easy instead of silver because if memory serve team rose was the easy group back in Sonic Heroes.

I'm glad to see you can actually buy some characters now. Too bad their price is pretty steep... not to mention a game where almost everything revolves around your score, they get such a mean penalty.  It really makes them pretty useless. And by the time you would save that up, you wouldn't need "easy" characters since you got so much practice in lol

I feel bad for all those Silver fans our there too...

I guess unless you love Cream (which I do), you won'r get so much satisfaction from playing with her. Easy mode characters should have been something for tutorial levels.

Why should Silver be considered an easy mode's character? In term of characterization, he's on par with Sonic and Shadow, and he's the hardest character to use in Sonic'06.

so one of the new characters in sonic runners is gothic amy...

how do you guys feel about gothic amy who i can't help but call maid amy at times cause that's what she looks like.

(Moderator's Note: Merged into existing topic on the subject)

Gothic Amy is okay I guess. I'll never get her so I'm not too worried about her.

Now all the huge changes they made to the game, that's what I'm worried about... I'm not sure I how I feel about them all...

Gothic Amy is cool. I wonder is she still fangirling over Sonic XD

Nah she's into Shadow now ;P

I'm still confused on how you're supposed to unlock Amy in the first place. e3e'

Edit: Already bought her with red rings.

Edited by JacobMaltiseChaisel

Well, say good bye to runners. SEGA announced earlier that Sonic Runners will be shut down by June 23-ish. Reason? It just didn't sell or preform as well as hoped. That and they'll be shifting focus to the new Sonic games.

It's too bad they are shutting it down. I actually really like the game play. I'd pay for an offline version where I could unlock all the characters by playing the game in a heartbeat.

While it sucks that Sonic Runners has closed down for good, it was pretty fun before the 2.0 update which ruined the game for most people and had dedicated players jump ship. I was planning on doing one last run before it shut down, but it was too late... I would say goodbye, but there is someone over on Sonic Retro that's reviving the game with his own custom server. It's seems pretty cool and I'll be looking foward to see how it turns out.

https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=33831&st=1530