Danny Felixe

Sonic Runners (2015, Smartphone)

149 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Despite my time on this site this is the first thread I've started on the forums (second if you count the party games). And it's a pretty interesting start at that.

SoI was just taking a look around when I came across a rumour of a new Sonic game on Sonic Stadium. Apparently somebody, claiming to be a beta tester for Sonic Boom, had been giving information about Sonic Boom that have turned out to be completely accurate (Shadow, Perci, glitches in the game...) before they had even been confirmed. Amongst his talk, came a mention of a working title called Sonic Runners". What will please the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 fans is that Sonic is meant to have the same "attitude" personality as from then. The source of this information is here

If that wasn't enough evidence, SEGA have registered a site called "sonicrunners.com" by the looks of things as seen from here

My opinion: Although this rumour still has validity, it's still a rumour so I can't say for sure whether I believe it or not. And I'm not too keen on the name either. But still, what do you guys think?

Given the name.... I'm expecting this to be another mobile game.

I have no idea why but I'm thinking of that game with street-view and a new sidekick. Probably nothing like it

Mobile game does sound logical. Something like Sonic Dash maybe?

Sound like a mobile game to me.

So, round number two SEGA! With Boom and Runners let the games of "failing in videogames" begin. May the odds be ever in your favour!

No joke, but after Boom, I really hope for SEGA that this game will be good. The company need Sonic and the money. Otherwise I see a dark future commin'.

Sound like a mobile game to me.

Yeah. I agree.

I don't really care as long as it has Metal Sonic beating Sonic. Sounds like a modern Sonic R to me..........O_O Tails doll's return!!

I doubt they would do ANOTHER Mobile game already. They seem to still be working on Sonic Jump Fever...

But who knows... there are always lots of Sonic rumors that go around with no games announced so I'll just wait and see lol

The mobile games are so boring! Sonic fever is just a big failure. They just should make a game named : "Dream Chao Garden". That's the best thing sega can give us now.

The mobile games are so boring! Sonic fever is just a big failure. They just should make a game named : "Dream Chao Garden". That's the best thing sega can give us now.

I wish.... the chao are the only reason I play that... and honestly I don't play that much lol

hopefully it's good game... I guess there will be a lot of RUNNING xD

I expect a mobile game as well ...

Maybe something akin to sonic Rival ? I wouldn't mind, as this serie was rather good .

hopefully in this game knuckles will have the personality he had in the dream cast era (if knuckles is in the game)

and get shadow a new voice actor

why? Shadow's voice sounds fine to me. but about the Knuckles part you're right

Everybody need a new voice actor because this is the weakest cast since the adventure voice actor yea they won't golden but they were fun to listen to.

huh... I think their voice's are just fine... of course that's only my opinion and doesn't say much..

I dunno, Sonic's new voice is kind of growing on me.

As others have suggested this sounds like a mobile game, but I think it could well be a game for portables like the Vita and 3DS. It is just a hunch of course, but another mobile game this soon would strike me as odd.

I doubt that Sonic Runners will be another mobile game that plays like Sonic Dash because that would be redundant. It might be another racing title like the Sonic and All-Stars Racing series or a modern interpretation of Sonic R which I wouldn't mind seeing return.

Sonic Runners... Racing game which has cars... Uh... to be honest, I don't see that

Modern Sonic R however, I do see as possible

-------------------------------

Sorry for the double post guys but just bringing to your attention (those who don't check the news) that Sonic Runners has been confirmed

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=960550

And it's another smartphone game.  Yep, thought so... shame

we'll see what happens now then... =_o

Oh a mobile game. Well a mobile phone is actually a thing where you write messages and make phone calls. Not to play "videogames" on it. I know this sounds oldschool, but I like to play a Sonic game on a Wii, DS, PS4 or everything else but not a mobile phone. A mobile phone is not console. Sorry SEGA.

Oh a mobile game. Well a mobile phone is actually a thing where you write messages and make phone calls. Not to play "videogames" on it. I know this sounds oldschool, but I like to play a Sonic game on a Wii, DS, PS4 or everything else but not a mobile phone. A mobile phone is not console. Sorry SEGA.

But Sega do know that sonic is doing well on mobile phone since the 3 sonic exclusively was a totally failure I blame the wii u for that and sonic lost world and sonic boom rise of lyrics were bad games.

But Sega do know that sonic is doing well on mobile phone since the 3 sonic exclusively was a totally failure I blame the wii u for that and sonic lost world and sonic boom rise of lyrics were bad games.

Well SSBB was a great Wii U game and the Wii U is not as bad as everyone say. It wasn't just really necessary because everyone loved the Wii and then the Wii U came out and everyone had this "Nintendo give people every 2 years a new console without needing them"-Feeling. Bugs has less to do with the console, more with the game itself. They could done this better. SEGA has the potential to do it, but doesn't use it and this is making me sad.