rbykitsune

If the Archie Sonic Comics got a new TV series...

34 posts in this topic

(Any comments about Sonic Boom will be ignored. That is a different universe altogether. Besides, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic SatAM came out the exact year.)

From what I remember, the comics were based on Sonic SatAM (I used to think it was the other way around), so It'd be pretty interesting to go from Show to Comic to Show. If that's the case, I want this to be like other animated comic book adaptations, where it's sort of a retelling of the story arcs, but it has some changes along the way, as well as original stories. Heck, considering the how the quality of the comics were in the 2000's, plot holes, and bad continuity, it'd be a good opportunity to fix all of these errors.

Cast (For the other characters that hasn't appeared in TV yet):

Mina Mongoose: Hynden Walch

Barby Koala: Laura Bailey

Hershey Cat: Jennifer Hale

Geoffrey St. John: Steve Blum

Mammoth Mogul: Clancy Brown

Fiona Fox: Tara Strong

I would start at the beginning, where the freedom fighters first formed and explain some back stories of the characters. I'm not a fan of shows that just start at the middle and just was kind of there. That and Eggman is the more iconic villain, so it makes sense that the first season would center around Dr. Eggman.

Honestly, I would love that, I'd love even more to be a Writer for said TV show. I'm currently doing my own re-write of the comic series, albeit based on my own personal perspective (...And also albeit taking a long-time to get done.), known as Sonic the Hedgehog: The Path Untaken.

The only Voice Actor I question is Steve Blum as Geoffrey St. John. ...Mostly because I don't have a good memory of his voice, and I feel Geoff should be played by a British Voice actor, or at least someone with a good British Accent.

Speaking of which, if you're going to bring in Geoffrey, who is a Pender's character last I checked. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Might as well try for just about every supporting character of Knuckles' stories.

The entire brotherhood of Guardians, Archimedes, Dimitri/Enerjak, Julie-Su, Lien-da, Remington, Kragok, etc.

Just gonna make a slightly more accurate comment as to what Archie is based off. The original comics were more based off AoSTH with the cast of SatAM. The comics then started getting more SatAM-ish later

(And also, I think it's a little unfair to say all mentions of Sonic Boom shall be ignored. As long as the entire subject doesn't end up revolving around Sonic Boom and it's just mentions, it should be fine)

Anyway, I'll be honest in saying I have no clue who these actors are. I'm not one for having interest in who plays which character, as long as I enjoy watching it ;)

That said... I would LOVE it if there was a TV show based from the Archie Universe with these characters. Pleasepleaseplease someone do it

Honestly, I would love that, I'd love even more to be a Writer for said TV show. I'm currently doing my own re-write of the comic series, albeit based on my own personal perspective (...And also albeit taking a long-time to get done.), known as Sonic the Hedgehog: The Path Untaken.

The only Voice Actor I question is Steve Blum as Geoffrey St. John. ...Mostly because I don't have a good memory of his voice, and I feel Geoff should be played by a British Voice actor, or at least someone with a good British Accent.

Speaking of which, if you're going to bring in Geoffrey, who is a Pender's character last I checked. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Might as well try for just about every supporting character of Knuckles' stories.

The entire brotherhood of Guardians, Archimedes, Dimitri/Enerjak, Julie-Su, Lien-da, Remington, Kragok, etc.

I know some of them are Pender's characters, but sooner or later there will be another court case and this time Ken will lose. As for the voice actors it was really hard to pick voice actors. I'm not a casting agent or anything.

If the Archie comics got a TV show, I think Sonic should be voiced by Jaleel White, just to keep things consistent with the SatAM and Archie universe.

The thing is, hasn't it been a while since he voiced Sonic? You'd think it would move on from that

The thing is, hasn't it been a while since he voiced Sonic? You'd think it would move on from that

That is true. I'd rather have his current voice actor. (Forgot his name) I'll be honest, I don't have any problem with it. It sounds older than the other Sonics, but it has it's own charm.

I'm thinking more so about consistency. Jaleel has voiced Sonic recently in the fan film (TheonenoonetalksaboutbutIactuallykindalike). He did manage to replicate his rendition of Sonic while making the character sound older. I think that Roger Craig Smith does a fantastic job voicing Sonic, I just think Roger's voice is right for that particular Sonic-verse.

Haven't seen the fan film and haven't heard the voice. I dunno. I kinda like the current voice but I guess I can't say until I hear the voice from tbe fan film

I could see Rob Paulson playing some of the more silly characters like scratch or bean.

The main sonic characters needs to get their own adventure voice`s actors like Ryan Drummond needs to voice sonic again after sega unfairly drop him and the rest of the adventure crew all because Sega though having sonic`s voice the same in all media was a good idea it less headache to see who voices sonic and the game and in the show but after awhile it gets tried in after awhile of hearing the same voice actor over and over again. If they do decide to bring the adventure crew back they made keep mike Pollock since deem bristow is dead in all and in the first 4 episode of sonic x it really show he can do a good deem bristow voices.

If the Archie comics got a TV show, I think Sonic should be voiced by Jaleel White, just to keep things consistent with the SatAM and Archie universe.

And Olivier Korol for the French dub. He voiced Sonic once again for the cameo in Wreck-It Ralph, and his voice was exactly the same.

And Olivier Korol for the French dub. He voiced Sonic once again for the cameo in Wreck-It Ralph, and his voice was exactly the same.

Wait a mean wasn't he in generations too or him I wrong.

Edited by Blue Comet

Wait a mean wasn't he in generations too or him I wrong.

No, that's Alexandre Gillet, who voiced Sonic in Sonic X, and in the games since they started to translate them from Generations.

i would defiantly like to see it. i'm surprised sega hasn't gone with something like this by now...

If they would make new series of it I really wish it wouldn't be made only using CGI.. I've seen enough shows like that and I just want to see some original animated series like the ones they used to show in the 90's

i would defiantly like to see it. i'm surprised sega hasn't gone with something like this by now...

After the whole lawsuit, I think that Sega is trying to put some distance between themselves and the comics. I really wish they would though.

I've actually been really wanting to do something like this on YouTube, but I haven't gotten around to it... my animator/brother tends to draw what he wants, which has nothing to do with this for the most part, and being thrown into college hasn't exactly helped the amount of time I can put into this. 

As for the actors list you have up there, looks pretty tight for the most part. But don't forget, it'd be nearly impossible to get all the voice actors back (or at least the ones that aren't still voicing characters in Sonic Boom/the games... I don't know who's doing any of that right now), so there'd need to be some recasting in place.

After the whole lawsuit, I think that Sega is trying to put some distance between themselves and the comics. I really wish they would though.

I've actually been really wanting to do something like this on YouTube, but I haven't gotten around to it... my animator/brother tends to draw what he wants, which has nothing to do with this for the most part, and being thrown into college hasn't exactly helped the amount of time I can put into this. 

As for the actors list you have up there, looks pretty tight for the most part. But don't forget, it'd be nearly impossible to get all the voice actors back (or at least the ones that aren't still voicing characters in Sonic Boom/the games... I don't know who's doing any of that right now), so there'd need to be some recasting in place.

i wouldn't mind. after what sega's been producing and doing to sonic, i'm about ready to suggest archie buy/share the rights to sonic and do whatever they want to the comic. after the lawsuit i've felt that sega has been controlling the comics more and more, see a video's about the comics not begin able to use mobious to see what i mean.

There's been more than that. No direct family for the main characters (taking out Bernie, Jules, Locke, etc), taking out characters that weren't created by Penders but highly effected by him (Scourge), etc. I like the idea of Archie trying to get more rights out of Sega, but I doubt they will though. However, if they do and the new Archie TV series gets good ratings, I have a feeling a new Sonic Archie show (and maybe Mega Man too) would be on the way. However, as things stand now, it's highly unlikely.

There's been more than that. No direct family for the main characters (taking out Bernie, Jules, Locke, etc), taking out characters that weren't created by Penders but highly effected by him (Scourge), etc. I like the idea of Archie trying to get more rights out of Sega, but I doubt they will though. However, if they do and the new Archie TV series gets good ratings, I have a feeling a new Sonic Archie show (and maybe Mega Man too) would be on the way. However, as things stand now, it's highly unlikely.

i hope archie gets the rights to panders characters back. i'm sorry but as much of a jerk as panders may be he made 90% of the roster of the comics, would it kill to try to delay the comics to work something out?

While I see things from Pender's point of view somewhat clearly, he's done very little with the characters since, except post widely-panned character art. Hopefully he realizes that nobody wants it soon and maybe sells or gives them back to Archie/Sega or something.

I think even if Sega/Archie get the rights to Pender's characters again they'll just throw them in a dark closet along with the classic series characters like Mighty and Ray.

While I see things from Pender's point of view somewhat clearly, he's done very little with the characters since, except post widely-panned character art. Hopefully he realizes that nobody wants it soon and maybe sells or gives them back to Archie/Sega or something.

i agree with you. i'm not the biggest fan of pander but i do understand why he did it since archie didn't have the paper's that said they had the rights to his characters, which is why i want him to give em back. i'm also not happy at reports of him bashing flynn even when flynn tried to do what he said/wanted the comic to be like.

Archie CAN use the characters. That's the thing. But they have to pay Penders lots of money and give him part control over how they are played. And even then three characters aren't available at all (Locke is definitely one and I think the other two were Julie-Su and Lara-Su)

Honestly... its not going to happen. Everyone wants Penders to change his mind. But I don't think it's happening. And in the very off chance he does change his mind I don't expect Archie will be taking them back just because of the drama he caused them. I mean... you get sued for using characters of his. Would you then take them back in the chance that he would change his mind again? Or take these characters that caused bad history for you? I wouldn't

Besides... it would probably mean anotger reboot and I'm really tired of the Genesis waves every 25 comics or so

1 person likes this