NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

Phew. What a relief. I'm not sure I'm ready for another crossover yet XD

I pray my heart they won't get carried away with the crossover idea too much. Having crossover over and over again hurts the main story's publications and the crossovers' characterizations (appearing in a huge story just to brawl in interchangeable panels is very underwhelming). Considering the paces of Pre-Genesis era, I don't think it'll be healthy for the comic.

Firstly, that was from WAY back before the crossover began; they were talking about Worlds Unite. Secondly, Ian Flynn later mentioned that the 'limited series' thing was misread, and that it didn't mean Worlds Unite would be a separate book (as we all know by now). There's been absolutely no talk of any future crossovers (unless you REALLY want to count the final page of WU's finale) and considering Mega Man's current situation, there likely won't be any talk of another one anytime soon. 

Dude, don't sound so negative. I said "I think" and "I am really not sure" that doesn't mean I am right. With the break of the Mega Man Comics the cards are being reshuffled.

Firstly, that was from WAY back before the crossover began; they were talking about Worlds Unite. Secondly, Ian Flynn later mentioned that the 'limited series' thing was misread, and that it didn't mean Worlds Unite would be a separate book (as we all know by now). There's been absolutely no talk of any future crossovers (unless you REALLY want to count the final page of WU's finale) and considering Mega Man's current situation, there likely won't be any talk of another one anytime soon. 

Dude, don't sound so negative. I said "I think" and "I am really not sure" that doesn't mean I am right. With the break of the Mega Man Comics the cards are being reshuffled.

That wasn't me being negative, it's just the way I say things. It's nothing against you, I'm just surprised that people are looking at quotes and interviews from way back when. Either way, the point is that there's no need to worry about any upcoming crossover events for the time being.

That said, however, I wouldn't mind seeing another one at some point in my life.

They shouldn't do another crossover unto their in a comfortable position with both Sonic and Mega Man and right now neither benefit from that  crossover. Mega Man is going on hiatus, some people didn't get over the rebooting of the comics like myself I'm one of them, and to top it all off the ending to worlds unite being worst then Sonic 06 ending and they were so quick to retcon it out of existed, all other series characters including boom were useless, the deadly six being in it at all, the fact stick did nothing more but make jokes, talk, and was the reason Street Fighter was even in this comic at all.

To be honest... Sticks was the highlight for me bringing humour into the comic which made me smile. And she kind of was the trend setter for bringing others into the crossover

I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea but I did like her being in the crossover

To be honest... Sticks was the highlight for me bringing humour into the comic which made me smile. And she kind of was the trend setter for bringing others into the crossover

I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea but I did like her being in the crossover

It isn't the fact that everyone doesn't like her it just that she didn't do anything to representative Sonic Boom or help in the fight against Sigma's mavericks and Sigma himself, she didn't even help the heroes get the over characters all she did was get Chun-li she got the other street fighters they went to the unite world Sonic or X got the idea to get heroes from other worlds and that's pretty much it sticks wise. 

You're still missing the point, her contribution of the street fighters started the trend of bringing the others in to the mess ;)

Also, let's be honest here. It's not like she did the least there out of all characters in there but she's the one who gets the most stick (Pun not intended this time)

You're still missing the point, her contribution of the street fighters started the trend of bringing the others in to the mess ;)

Also, let's be honest here. It's not like she did the least there out of all characters in there but she's the one who gets the most stick (Pun not intended this time)

LOL. But I think they would of gotten all the heroes together without sticks involvement since Sigma wanted to put Unity Engines in other worlds with or without sticks we would of gotten the whole cast regardless.

Well, yeah of course but they need to start it somewhere! :P

In my opinion it wouldn't be a shame or a loss of the storyline if Sticks wasn't in the crossover. Same goes for her two sidekids :/

In my opinion it wouldn't be a shame or a loss of the storyline if Sticks wasn't in the crossover. Same goes for her two sidekids :/

Sticks had a few good lines across the span of the comics but her 'sidekicks' were utterly useless. Maybe it's because I don't really follow Boom but I found the two of them to be boring and a waste of space. If they were going to bring other characters from the Boom!verse (aside from Boom!Sonic or the other members of the main cast in order to avoid confusion from character doubles) then they really should have had Sticks bring along someone else. Sticks, speaking of, was enjoyable to some extent though I felt the comics focused on her more than what they should have. Aside from the wall-breaking humor she didn't really represent the Boom!verse all that well.

To be fair... there isn't exactly any other major characters in the Boom universe besides those that are doubles from the main universe. Sticks the only major one there and Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver are as close as you can get to a major character (with all the cameos are tiny speaking parts they get there)

What about characters like Perci? She made an appearance both in the game and the TV show. That, and her design is a little bit more memorable than Fastidious Beaver. She'd seem more interesting than the other characters they threw in with Sticks.

Yeah, but it is the comics. Not the game or TV show here. I haven't seen her in the comics so why would they use her when she's yet to even show up? Plus even though she did appear in the TV show (I haven't looked myself so I'm making some assumptions), she wasn't a constant character like Fastidious and Comedy Chimp right? (Granted they were cameos normally but they still showed up a lot). So using her doesn't exactly represent the people of the Boom verse well either. She's a bigger minor than Fastidious and Comedy Chimp

She was pretty much an unseen background character in the show until the latest episode, which she got a major role in.  But then both the chimp and beaver have had more screen time, and larger roles as well.  

What about characters like Perci? She made an appearance both in the game and the TV show. That, and her design is a little bit more memorable than Fastidious Beaver. She'd seem more interesting than the other characters they threw in with Sticks.

Perci would of been a better choice to work along side sticks and represent the boom universe since her seriousness would of outweigh sticks craziness and have a perfect balance between the two, but sadly the staff who work on boom seen like they didn't give a crap about her and it's sad too because a lot of people who played Sonic Boom like her more then the mainline characters themselves, but instead Flynn was force to use Fastidious Beaver and Comedy Chimp because nobody found any uses for her because she kinda like Shadow you just can't use her for any old joke and fact you can't even use her for jokes at all because she don't look like the kind of character that you want to make a joke out of that why when Metal Sonic show up in Sonic Boom the tone of it change just for Metal Sonic and their not even allow to use Shadow unless the Story is so serious enough for him to make up for Rise of Lyric Shoehorning him in for no reason except for fan service and just to fight Sonic.

her seriousness would of outweigh sticks craziness 

I think that explains why she wasn't used. I don't think the Boom comics are supposed to be serious. And I don't think they would've wanted the other characters to take the spotlight away from Sticks. So even if she was a perfect balance she still wouldn't get much time or use in the comics (and then we'd be complaining about that instead ;) )

Edited by Dylan

her seriousness would of outweigh sticks craziness 

I think that explains why she wasn't used. I don't think the Boom comics are supposed to be serious. And I don't think they would've wanted the other characters to take the spotlight away from Sticks. So even if she was a perfect balance she still wouldn't get much time or use in the comics (and then we'd be complaining about that instead ;) )

True but a slight difference there would be that some people wouldn't be expecting much from Perci anyway. Given how much she is played down in the Boom!Verse. At the very least she would have been able to fight as a background character as opposed to cowering in the background and making quips about being useless. Haha

Thing is, even if they wanted to use Perci in the crossover, they most likely couldn't since, around the time Worlds Unite was being written, she was still considered game-exclusive.

Ian Flynn has said before (around the time the Boom comic started) that he could only use characters that appeared in the show, not the games. This included Shadow, Lyric (these two still haven't shown up anywhere else yet), Metal Sonic and Perci.

You might be saying "but Perci DID appear on the show", and you'd be right... except those episodes are among the last ones made in the first season. It's likely that, if the Boom comic lasted longer than 11 issues, then she might have appeared (same with Metal Sonic, too).

But again, she wasn't in the show when the Boom comics and Worlds Unite were written. She was still a "game-exclusive" character at the time, so she was off-limits.

Bit of a long explanation, but yeah... that's why Perci wasn't in Worlds Unite (or the Boom comic in general).

Thing is, even if they wanted to use Perci in the crossover, they most likely couldn't since, around the time Worlds Unite was being written, she was still considered game-exclusive.

Ian Flynn has said before (around the time the Boom comic started) that he could only use characters that appeared in the show, not the games. This included Shadow, Lyric (these two still haven't shown up anywhere else yet), Metal Sonic and Perci.

You might be saying "but Perci DID appear on the show", and you'd be right... except those episodes are among the last ones made in the first season. It's likely that, if the Boom comic lasted longer than 11 issues, then she might have appeared (same with Metal Sonic, too).

But again, she wasn't in the show when the Boom comics and Worlds Unite were written. She was still a "game-exclusive" character at the time, so she was off-limits.

Bit of a long explanation, but yeah... that's why Perci wasn't in Worlds Unite (or the Boom comic in general).

Possibly but didn't both Shadow and Lyric appear in the comics? Which kinds of puts things at odds with the 'game-exclusive' rule that you mentioned? I don't keep up with the show too much but I know I have seen this around before the latest episodes. If this is one of those "Different time, Different place" stories before the Boom!verse comic was established then my mistake. I admit I don't keep up with the Boom!verse as well as I do the main series though I do remember this being similar to the situation of Shadow being controlled from Shattered Crystal.

tumblr_nej4yb2Ku91sq8umyo1_500.jpg

Edited by Crescent-Wings
Typo & forgot to add a sentence at the end.

They haven't appeared int he actual comics no. I haven't seen that comic on the ones on SCANF (though maybe I missed it)

I suspect the comics you mean are the bonus ones that were with the game which are different from the actual comics

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

They haven't appeared int he actual comics no. I haven't seen that comic on the ones on SCANF (though maybe I missed it)

I suspect the comics you mean are the bonus ones that were with the game which are different from the actual comics

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh hey, I'm still alive... occasionally.

Nope, you're right on this one, Dylan. That was the 'Shattered Crystal' bonus comic included within the game. Since it's basically just there to cover certain plot points within the game (how Shadow was controlled, why Lyric is fighting Amy at the beginning etc.) Ian and co. were allowed to use them for this one-off 'issue'. Outside of that, though, the Archie crew still weren't allowed to use the (formerly) game-exclusive stuff. Though things might be different now, but we'll have to see whenever they have a new Boom story in the Digests.

(Speaking of, will the site be collecting any new Boom stories introduced in future Digest issues, alongside the Sonic Comic Origins?)

I guess after the reboot of sonic`s world fail to impress anyone including myself I guess this was a good idea unless penders characters return or the old universe comeback this crossover maybe a good read.

i kind of want that to be the result of this crossover.

Er... this crossover is over.   And you're quoting from almost a year ago...