NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

To a lot a people they want to see sticks join the main cast for me I think it would be a disaster see would be more off then the deadly six.

Nononononono. Plz. The universe of Sonic Boom is crazy and she fits perfectly in that because her humor fits in the whole atmosphere of Boom. Seeing her in the Team of StH wouldn't be good for the clima in the Freedom Fighters. In Boom she is one of the maincharacters and if she would join the Freedom Fighters she would probably steal the show for Sally or Sonic because of her personality.

I like the way how she is in Boom and I respect her crazyness but in Worlds Unite for me she is just "hey I am sooooo unique!" In that scene from the screenshot with Axl I would probably be annoyed too and just say "Dude make your job alone. I'm outta here." She just command and don't fight and that's why I can't take her seriously in situations like this. For me she has to proove that she has skills and not just talk and command.

Nononononono. Plz. The universe of Sonic Boom is crazy and she fits perfectly in that because her humor fits in the whole atmosphere of Boom. Seeing her in the Team of StH wouldn't be good for the clima in the Freedom Fighters. In Boom she is one of the maincharacters and if she would join the Freedom Fighters she would probably steal the show for Sally or Sonic because of her personality.

I like the way how she is in Boom and I respect her crazyness but in Worlds Unite for me she is just "hey I am sooooo unique!" In that scene from the screenshot with Axl I would probably be annoyed too and just say "Dude make your job alone. I'm outta here." She just command and don't fight and that's why I can't take her seriously in situations like this. For me she has to proove that she has skills and not just talk and command.

Agreed. Additionally the main comics already have their form of "comedic forth wall breaking character" in Bean the Duck, who I actually find much more enjoyable actually. It's probably how he's written and comes off as a little less hyperactive than Sticks, though he's by no means passive. That said, I would love to see a meeting between Sticks and Bean (more as a brief off panel or something of that nature) where maybe he calls her a try hard or they complain that the other is trying to rip off or copy their gig. 

I will admit though that I did get a small giggle from her interaction with Main verse Sonic and Knuckles in that one issue.

This looks so freaking awesome. Villains and Protagonist Unite!

t18xfHn.png

Are the new generations reploids in that picture because they look like Sigma from X8.

Spoiler:

Eggman and Wily, instead of "becoming the gods" they'll just broke the Master Engine.

Looking at the pages, actually I'd guess that honor might go to Xander.

Sticks is okay for me. especially consider the standard of the shows she's starring, She's also pretty decent in the comic. I wanna see her doing a co-op attack/move with Marine.

Edited by arekpowalan

So thats us reached the end!  And....

Meh...

I mean, it wasn't bad, but it really wasn't as special as it could have been.  There were so many extra characters in the crossover that pretty much all of them were reduced to cameos, which sorta rendered the whole two issues of gathering them all moot.

Sticks and boomerang girl didn't say one amusing line to each other?  Seriously???

And... wait... they actually DID kill Shadow off in the cheap-ass way?  What a bunch of *bleep bleep bleepity bleep bleep*!  Okay.  Problem 1 there: If they were trying to raise the stakes by going 'anyone could die' it doesn't work, cause seemingly dying and coming back is kinda Shadow's thing.  Did anyone here actually think Shadow was dead? Of course not.  And with only his Inhibitor ring found, the its implying he took the rings off to Chaos Control everyone to safety.  So as an attempt to raise the stakes it fails.

Problem 2: As a way to kill a character (as I said before) it's a really horrible written death, worthy of a Star Trek Red Shirt.  And how did a building materialise in mid air when all the others were at ground level.

I can only say... I was kind of disappointed here. I was expecting.. More epicness. Yet I got nothing but the "THAT'S IT?!" feeling. Soo yeah. This could've been better. 

and as if Amaterasus powers wouldn't work... I mean c'mon she's the Goddess of the Sun hello?? Unlimited powers? She has got the ability to shape the reality as she wants with the celestial brush and you're trying to tell me it DOESN'T WORK?? Because "Magical Universal Apocalypse" Not buying it and Shadow dying?..... AGAIN? Really? No. Now you're just underestimating the power of fans. No way could you do this to us. The following stories better be 10 times more epic than this or someone's going to hear about this... But other than that I did enjoy this crossover I did see many cool characters and their powers against the forces of evil so... Yeah. Goodie. But the ending was too rushed. I rest my case.

The cover lied! That was not an epic finally!

The crossover over all was eh. It wasn't bad. Just not as good as worlds collide.

Well that was ok imo. Archie had constraints from what I could tell so they could only do so much build up and the finale was meh. At least major characters still remember each other for whatever reason.

Well that was a big disappointment I felt like every promo leading up to worlds unite was a lie they did all that only for Xander to undo everything even the final battle against sigma wasn't interesting. What's funny is I said before worlds unite I was leaving the comic completely and I was hoping worlds unite was going to be the one thing that'll make me give this new universe a chance, Nope. I guess this is where me and sonic (comic) depart from each other. 

Okay so here is my shortly thoughts about Worlds Unite:

I agree with Skye that it was just meh. I espected more. Like I was really exiting reading through Worlds Collide and I thought: "Okay you have to top Worlds Collide now!" because you wanna surprise the readers but it failed a bit.

But before I go into story-detail I just wanna clap my hands because all the people who worked on the art have done an amaaaaazing job. Like seriously those covers and the whole artwork within the battles. Really cool.

I'm gonna start my critic with the battle and I really like to compare the battle in WC and un WU. Within the battle of Collide you knew these characters. Like if you have read the Comics of Sonic and Mega Man you probably gonna know everyone and you understand the insidejokes. And remember that amazing two side battle with sonic (StH 250 page 11)? This was a masterpiece because you know the characters who are kicked by Sonic and he just ran through and made chaos and also you really had to look 5 min on that scene to see every little detail.

I missed that whole thing in Worlds Unite. Maybe it's because I don't know all these other characters from SEGA or Capcom (like seriosuly I only know Street Fighters & Monster Hunter...all the others just by thair name haha) so I didn't get the inside jokes. When you put many characters from many different worlds in a crossover you have to complain who they are. Not just drop them into the battlezone like: Cool, you're here! Go and kick some robots!.

The real problem was that there are to many characters in this crossover. The author built up the storyline of Sonic, Boom, Mega Man and X and then BOOM Characters of other realities are comming up, BOOM Battle and everything is finished. I told ya it was a bad thing to smash that big storyline in "only" 12 comics!

So my endling line is: Worlds Unite was good but nothing more. A crossover that waste the potential of beeing amazing.

Edited by Centaur Man

I agree with Dylan

Uh... I didn't say anything yet o_o

But I guess I can...

Yeah...pretty much as everyone else said,nothing really special here. Just sorta "throw a whole bunch of characters in the midst because we can't figure out how else to make it interesting" is how I see it. Sticks and her two companions were pretty much the highlight for me in this.I cared not for everyone who wasn't from the Sonic or Megaman groups and even then. Throwing all these villains out there from X's timeline...they looked badass but I don't know them and felt a little overwhelming to someone who doesn't know the franchise. So... all in all. Not my thing. Keep it simple next time plz!

Also... love it how everyone tries to use their own special moves at the end because they don't believe the other's are powerful enough to do the job! *Rolls eyes* And how the Doctor's pretty much walked into that one with Xander. So I guess now...none of this technically existed because time stuff? Fine by me really

Uh... I didn't say anything yet o_o

Haha sorry mixed you up with Skype.

Changed my post.

Just a question but the crossovers will be a ongoing series, right?

Just a question but the crossovers will be a ongoing series, right?

I doubt that, especially considering the positions where Sonic Boom and Mega Man will be by the end of this year. The final page seems to tease a new location for a future crossover, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna wait a while before bringing the two (or more) franchises back together again. Which I'm perfectly fine with, as long as we get a lot more space between this crossover and the next. (Maybe have the next one take place after Sonic's Lost World adaptation, and Mega Man 6/7's events.)

So...the world of the final page of the crossover...it reminds me of Miracle World from Alex Kidd, with the cubes and spheres and stuff.

Anyone else got an idea of what that planet could be?

So...the world of the final page of the crossover...it reminds me of Miracle World from Alex Kidd, with the cubes and spheres and stuff.

Anyone else got an idea of what that planet could be?

Considering it appears when Sticks is rambling about a possible 'nexus' (centre of the multiverse), it's most likely an entirely new world that could be the setting for a third crossover. And since there are Genesis Portals there too, it might allow the other SEGA/Capcom worlds to appear again. In other words, it's likely just sequel-bait.

To be honest, I expected a lot more of this crossover. I felt like the start dragged too much, then, we got 2 issues made of just recruiting heroes only for them to be pretty useless, and the end was rushed. I felt like this would've been much better if we had more parts, instead of just 12.

Problem is that with 12 parts, it already goes on for a while and I think people would've gotten bored or impatient for it to go back to the normal story line if it was more

And really... I don't care about the other characters. I'm happy it was only 12 and they didn't use them massively

Actually. I think they could have made it 16 parts easily.  Why?  Because WC was 12 parts, but over 3 comics, so WU over 4 comics could have lasted 16 issues in the same time.

Totally. I wouldn't ruin the crossover with 16 issues and it would have given the characters and their different personalities more time to make running gags baised on their videogame-franchise.

I think Flynn mentioned that these Crossovers are not just an event but an ongoing series. That was before they say that the Mega Man comics are going down. In my opinion if they do another crossover they just have to do it with all the SEGA characters and not with the Capcome ones. Capcom without Mega Man is....meh :/

I think Flynn mentioned that these Crossovers are not just an event but an ongoing series. 

*facepalms*

I really hope you're wrong there

*facepalms*

I am really not sure and I don't wanna confuse you but we had a dicussion about it in the first pages of this thread and also the fans on the bumbleking forums.

BlueBlur mentioned a link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54531

Pellerito also announced some new comics based on their video game licensed comics, including “Sonic Boom” featuring characters from Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog universe and tied to a new game and cartoon, and Capcom’s Mega Man. In addition to new solo comics, the two characters are set to cross over in an upcoming limited series.

*facepalms*

I am really not sure and I don't wanna confuse you but we had a dicussion about it in the first pages of this thread and also the fans on the bumbleking forums.

BlueBlur mentioned a link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54531

Pellerito also announced some new comics based on their video game licensed comics, including “Sonic Boom” featuring characters from Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog universe and tied to a new game and cartoon, and Capcom’s Mega Man. In addition to new solo comics, the two characters are set to cross over in an upcoming limited series.

Firstly, that was from WAY back before the crossover began; they were talking about Worlds Unite. Secondly, Ian Flynn later mentioned that the 'limited series' thing was misread, and that it didn't mean Worlds Unite would be a separate book (as we all know by now). There's been absolutely no talk of any future crossovers (unless you REALLY want to count the final page of WU's finale) and considering Mega Man's current situation, there likely won't be any talk of another one anytime soon.