NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

Okay, I have one question...

Why didn't the Deadly Six OPEN with the whole Robot Control Power BEFORE their own army got wiped out?

Aside from 'cause it fits the plot'.

Other than that, it was fun.

Okay, I have one question...

Why didn't the Deadly Six OPEN with the whole Robot Control Power BEFORE their own army got wiped out?

Aside from 'cause it fits the plot'.

Probably because they were relying on their army of Mechaniloids first. That, and the Deadly Six technically didn't choose anything. Sigma's the one doing this.

Either way, one it was clear the Mecha-thingys were getting beaten it should have been used.  Whether the D6 or Sigma, it kinda makes them look dumb.

Eh, I think it makes sense. After all, Sigma was only using the D6 and Mechaniloids to stall the heroes, so that he could resurrect his Mavericks. He wanted to drag out the battle on the Sky Patrol for as long as possible. Plus, X told the others to stay away from the D6, which they did. It's unlikely that the D6 even got a chance to try and control the heroes before the Mechaniloids were all destroyed and every hero began to gang up on them. Power-armour or not, that's way to many heroes to stop altogether. So they wait for an opening (in this case, it was X trying to reason with them) and then start to control them. Either way, it's dragging the fight on long enough in Sigma's eyes. The only thing that's bound to surprise him at this rate is if a muscular man and kick-tastic woman come out of nowhere and... waitaminute...

Hmm, yeah, I guess that makes sense.

I'd prefer this explained IN the comics to show that the writers thought of it as opposed to hoping for fan defence, but can;t have everything!  ;)

Honestly, I'm fine just figuring it out in my head. This crossover's had so much exposition as it is, I don't know how much more I could stand...

All in all I have to read that comic more than just once, because there was so much action in the front and in the background. It feels like StH 250 with all these little extras and Easter Eggs and I really like it. What I begin to not like it is Sticks and her gang. Sorry but it feels like she's an OC who is just clumsy in all and WOAH she is the only one who opened another portal. It's just: In my opinion she is doing nothing herotic but she gets the luck to get the attention and maybe saaaave the day.

And this: Made my day

ZfjhQnT.png

I just finished reading it and I like it for the most part. I wonder if Bunnie will be under the Deadly Six you know cause she's a cyborg.

Hmm, given its mechanical control used by the D6 I'd say yes, similar to when Regina took her implants over.

Along Nicole and Gemerl.

At least Omachao's not there. What's he going to do? Tell everyone how to collect rings and push the X button?

Edited by Seviper

Ok this issue raise a lot of eyebrows. For starter why did the deadly six waited into all of their army got destroy and they got their butts kick before they decided to control the Megaman Characters if I was them that's the first thing I would do since they were all robots. I'm going to be different saying I didn't really like this issue because it felt like a one big time waster the only enjoyable part was sticks landing in the world of street fighters everything else I just couldn't find any enjoyment out of.

Ok this issue raise a lot of eyebrows. For starter why did the deadly six waited into all of their army got destroy and they got their butts kick before they decided to control the Megaman Characters if I was them that's the first thing I would do since they were all robots.

Probably because they were relying on their army of Mechaniloids first. That, and the Deadly Six technically didn't choose anything. Sigma's the one doing this.

What this guy said earlier

So, seeing as we're now halfway through this thing, I'm curious to know what everyone's thoughts are about this crossover so far. For me, I think it's been a fun ride... but not as fun as 'Worlds Collide'. A lot of the action and exposition has been kinda badly paced, and the amount of characters IS starting to get a little too much to handle. (And this is all BEFORE the other franchises are introduced!) I've seen similar thoughts elsewhere, but I'd like to know if anyone here agrees/disagrees with me.

I'd basically agree with you N'egga.  Both crossovers had their earlier flaws (you mentioned pacing and characters, plus the whole invulnerable villain fight for Worlds Unite, and the overlong Mega Man vs Sonic fight and too easy fights/derobotization in Worlds Collide).  However, Worlds Collide did pick up (for me at least) around the time of the Rose Woman/Knuckles Man fight (the first fight where there was actual tension) and the last two issues have been good for Unite, so it might get better.

For the moment I'm on the fence on whether this is lesser than Worlds Collide.  Act 1 was better (despite Shoening's hit and miss art) and I loved the surprise of Gemerl guest starring in this event.  The Battles stuff has been fun (really liked the Mega Man/Deadly 3 fight) and the preview for the next one look even better.  However this second act has been kind of drab.  Just simple battling with very uninteresting artwork that doesn't jazz it up at any time.  Not to mention some have pointed out how much less humorous this is compared to the last one.  To an extent Worlds Unite isn't quite as good, but at times it can be better.  I don't know, I guess I'll just hold out hope Tyson Hesse's third act can turn this whole thing around and blow my mind.

to be honest, i'm not enjoying this crossover. 

we're like halfway into the crossover without any of the sega capcom characters appealing. i know i shouldn't have expected too much in the first place, but i feel tricked after archie revealed that poster and variant cover showing all the sega capcom characters doing cool stuff. now i wouldn't be surprised if the other-franchise character join the fight in the last moment out of nowhere without any explanation or story or anything.

i was expecting something more crossover-ish, like 

1. everyone's world fuse together making ALL the sega capcom characters confused and fighting each other, until all their villians do some dangerous stuff making the heros come together and fight back
  2. megaman and sonic sees portals all around the world making other-world creatures pour out wrecking havoc. they travel from world to world exploring the place and chasing the main culprit who teams up with that world's villain,lending help from that world's hero (or fighting them for some reason) to find and defeat them. ok maybe this is a bad idea because it will definitely need more than 12 issues.

the whole story overall is somewhat dull to me. there isn't much buildup or anything. in a few pages megaman and sonic gets captured and turned evil, after a whole issue of them beating down their friends they change back in a few pages and all is well because everyone immediately gets along and united to defeat the big bad, suddenly without any explanation or foreshadowing all the megaman characters are being controlled and attacking sonic and his friends....pacing and characterization problem isn't new for archie, but this crossover suffered it the worst. world collide was better because there were only several major events and they took time to introduce and solve each problem, while in world unite everything is happening too fast and too much. also i don't like to criticize art, but the fighting scenes look very boring. i dunno how to explain it but its boring.

to be honest, i'm not enjoying this crossover.

we're like halfway into the crossover without any of the sega capcom characters appealing. i know i shouldn't have expected too much in the first place, but i feel tricked after archie revealed that poster and variant cover showing all the sega capcom characters doing cool stuff. now i wouldn't be surprised if the other-franchise character join the fight in the last moment out of nowhere without any explanation or story or anything.

Even from the initial SEGA/Capcom teaser, I never got the idea that these extra franchises were gonna show up early on in the crossover. I expected it to happen around the second act... which it is. The cameo worlds are getting some explanation as to their sudden appearance, since Sigma is gaining more energy from the unified world, which allows him to create even more Genesis Portals to completely different worlds. And the other SEGA/Capcom characters won't exactly just be popping up at the very end, since most of the third act is focused on bringing these characters together for the final assault while Sigma tries to fuse more worlds.

i was expecting something more crossover-ish, like

everyone's world fuse together making ALL the sega capcom characters confused and fighting each other, until all their villians do some dangerous stuff making the heros come together and fight back

megaman and sonic sees portals all around the world making other-world creatures pour out wrecking havoc. they travel from world to world exploring the place and chasing the main culprit who teams up with that world's villain,lending help from that world's hero (or fighting them for some reason) to find and defeat them. ok maybe this is a bad idea because it will definitely need more than 12 issues.

Most likely, that sounds like something more akin to a Marvel or DC kind of crossover. The difference here is that these other SEGA/Capcom worlds don't have any comic series by Archie right now (aside from NiGHTS, who had an Archie mini-series ages ago, and UDON make the current Street Fighter comics) and this is still primarily a Sonic (Boom)/Mega Man (X) crossover story. So it makes sense for the other worlds to be there more as the 'added bonus' than the main feature. And in fairness, we will be exploring each of these worlds in some capacity for the third act (though it's mostly to get readers affiliated with the non-Sonic/MM cast).

the whole story overall is somewhat dull to me. there isn't much buildup or anything. in a few pages megaman and sonic gets captured and turned evil, after a whole issue of them beating down their friends they change back in a few pages and all is well because everyone immediately gets along and united to defeat the big bad, suddenly without any explanation or foreshadowing all the megaman characters are being controlled and attacking sonic and his friends....pacing and characterization problem isn't new for archie, but this crossover suffered it the worst. world collide was better because there were only several major events and they took time to introduce and solve each problem, while in world unite everything is happening too fast and too much. also i don't like to criticize art, but the fighting scenes look very boring. i dunno how to explain it but its boring.

Well, I don't think 'Worlds Collide' had that much build-up either. Each crossover only alluded to the bigger plot in the last issues before the event. 'Worlds Collide' had Eggman telling Metal Sonic to meet his 'new partner' (SU#50), and 'Ivo'/'Albert' leaving their bases to activate the Genesis Wave, while their foes were busy (STH#247 & MM#23). 'Worlds Unite' has Eggman going to find the Lost Hex (STH#272), Silver ending up in X's world and Orbot being possessed by Sigma (SU#75), while Dr. Wily gets abducted by Sigma (MM#49) and Sticks encounters X (SB#7/8). Both crossovers open up with a basic "how did this all begin" montage-of-sorts, but I will admit that 'Worlds Unite' has FAR more exposition than 'Worlds Collide' did, most definitely because more franchises (Sonic Boom and Mega Man X) are involved now.

Actually, this makes me really glad that they DIDN'T bring the other worlds in for the whole story, or we'd most likely STILL be getting nothing but exposition over halfway into the crossover. I think the heroes getting along quickly is just to stop things repeating too much from the last crossover. Also, there was an explanation for the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters getting controlled, AND there was even a small amount of foreshadowing too. It's explained in Part 1 that the Deadly Six can control machines, and that their new armour enhances that power, allowing them to even control Sigma's body (before his failsafe activates). However, they can't control the robots' minds, hence why Mega Man and X apologised to Sonic in Part 6, and Sigma still gloated to them in Part 1. As for the art, I kind of agree with you.

The problem is, none of these artists (or at least, Dan Schoening and Edwin Huang) have drawn for the Sonic OR Mega Man series. However, Dan has drawn for the IDW 'Ghostbusters' series and worked on human characters (which is why I don't mind his art-style for the human/Mega Man characters in Act 1) and Edwin Huang is an artist for UDON's Street Fighter series (which makes sense, since Act 2 will introduce that world to the crossover). Also, we at least (kinda) got some Tracy Yardley artwork during Act 1, and Tyson Hesse (who's done some covers for Sonic) is doing Act 3, so hopefully things'll get better in that regard. If not... I'll be disappointed.

I personally like worlds collide better while I the fights their were to quick and too easy at least it was entertaining and pretty to look at.

The Sega/Capcom teaser made it like this would be the biggest crossover of the century but it doesn't show. I first issue was very interesting but after that my excitement went downhills the first were too quick and so boring it wasn't as entertaining or as interesting as worlds collide it doesn't help that the artwork look so bad it doesn't does the crossover any justice it's other too colorful that it hurt the eyes or too dark and ugly that make you want to true your head.

Maybe Act 3 will do well for me. 

Does the Sonic Battles Book have a release date already?

The book will be release on July 15th

So, if at the end of Act 1 we got the Mega Man Battles book and at the end of Act 2 we're getting the Sonic Battles book, do you guys think we'll get something after Act 3?

This issue is was actually really instead of being abunch of fight, fight, fight they had focus on other things like Drs. Eggman and Wily being the heroes for once with their robot disabling ray or whatever it was called.

Now for the nitpick why is gate and that green reploid from Megaman Xtreme on sigma side last I check in Megaman X6 gate revive sigma on his own account because he wanted to build a reploid world he can control with his nightmare virus and that green reploid was on X's side from beginning to end the only reason he died because he was connected to his brother so when his brother died he died as well why stop their bring back colonel and iris from X4 so zero can breakdown again like he did in Project X Zone.

Also Archie isn't keeping their promise they said the whole sega and capcom cast is going to be in this but the only other series I see is street fighters but it's only just chun-li in the dark acting like we don't know it's her.

5d1a8b845abd978cca140a1bf71b5524d1e7de44

Also Archie isn't keeping their promise they said the whole sega and capcom cast is going to be in this but the only other series I see is street fighters but it's only just chun-li in the dark acting like we don't know it's her.

Pointing out we aren't actually finished with World's Unite yet. There's still plenty of time for other characters to come in and cause havoc

Also, why are people complaining about a lack of these characters? Earlier everyone was saying there were too many and it would be too crowded but now it's "I'm disappointed because these characters haven't shown up yet!" Make up your minds people...

(For the record,I'm happy no one else has shown up yet. I really don't care much for these other characters)

Pointing out we aren't actually finished with World's Unite yet. There's still plenty of time for other characters to come in and cause havoc

Also, why are people complaining about a lack of these characters? Earlier everyone was saying there were too many and it would be too crowded but now it's "I'm disappointed because these characters haven't shown up yet!" Make up your minds people...

(For the record,I'm happy no one else has shown up yet. I really don't care much for these other characters)

Worlds-Unite-OTHER-FRACHISES-Promo_IMAGEtumblr_np977i6gBE1r7r5bto1_1280.jpg

...yeah i wonder why...

Edited by CaramelPopcorn

Well I knew that there will be SEGA and Capcom cameos but they will never have a role as big as the Sonic and Mega Man characters because they're just the support. The thing is when Archie tries to show them up in the last 5 comics THAT's crowded. Adding a SEGA or Capcom character in every single issue would be better to give the cameos some space to show up. But hey the crossover isn't over yet. I will make my big review once it's finished.