NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

That is a pretty fair reason.

But, given Flynn's earlier 'I can't comment' tweet, I think it's more there's some legal issues cropped up, and this is just a cover story.

Now Capcom is the one with "legal issues"? C'mon.

We don't know yet. Unless someones said officially its just speculation

Exactly.  I'm just guessing that there might be legal issues.  Simply because 'I can't comment' often means that.  But it is just a guess.

First Sega now Capcom will the legal issue not stop what's next Nintendo 

"So much conclusion jumping"

Guys...before complaining about legal issues can we wait for an official statement saying there are legal issues?

On the one hand part 5 was pretty much filler.  On the other, with all the banter that definitely my favourite issue of the crossover.  I suspect with all the action coming up they crammed all the character moments in here cause they would fit otherwise.

And... after for the Off-panel joke.  That looses it's funnyness when you remember ever more characters will be on their way soon.

On the one hand part 5 was pretty much filler.  On the other, with all the banter that definitely my favourite issue of the crossover.  I suspect with all the action coming up they crammed all the character moments in here cause they would fit otherwise.

And... after for the Off-panel joke.  That looses it's funnyness when you remember ever more characters will be on their way soon.

I agree with Skye about the Off-Panel thingy. It was kinda weird to see Xander talking about his destiny! (I totally imagined Legend Of Zelda about 20 times) And of you Sticks. Confusing poor people. I felt bad for Sonic and Knuckles when neither one understood what Sticks was talking about. Well at least Xander had someone equally disturbed mind to talk to. Besides the lack of action... This was actually pretty good issue.

Now I've read the Battle Comic. Sure it's a Battle Comic and I am glad that they made an extra comic for these fights because if they put them in the comics they are much larger and had this Dragon Ball Z effect - feeling that they fight over 10 episode and in real live they're fighting 10min and I liked the fight between Zero, Axl and Vile because you have seen them fighting in the games but with speech-bubbles they performed the real character how they fight and how they are planning to beat Vile. I really love the relationship with Zero and Axl. For the other parts: I didn't like the Sonic Man (?) and Robot Master fight how they are beaten because it was a bit boring. We all know that Sonic beat these guys but how he do it - I get the feeling that these Robot Masters were just the peasantrys in chess and Sonic Man is overpowered as f*ck.

The Part 5 was in my opinion verry good because it was a slowly going comic. No fights and this is what I missed so far in Worlds Unite and which was better in Worlds Collide. Althought Sonic and Mega Man tried to find the Roboticized Masters there were short scenes where they just talked and make fun of their and the other world (f.e. the easter egg before the fight with Silver Man and Blaze Woman). Here I just loved how the Sonic world met the 21XX word, the short scene with Zero and Antione and Sticks with Knuckles and Sonic how she discuss with them about the doubles in the Boom world. It was a filler comic but it was necessary and so far the best comic in this crossover.

And Zero is a d*ck to chairs.
XmeF758.png

Time for my summary/review of 'Worlds Unite', Part 5 (Sonic Universe #77):

We open on a shot of the unified world (looking kinda similar to the Skull Egg Zone, if you ask me) while onboard the Sky Patrol, Sonic and Mega Man deduce that something else is happening to their worlds, and not just getting fused together. The two then join Sally, Rotor, Flash Man and the Maverick Hunters for a group meeting. Sally asks where Team Sticks' leader is, but X mentions that shes dealing with "spy-brooms". (Could this possibly be the 'fight' between Roll and Sticks in Sonic's Battle Book?) Sally decides to just start the meeting anyway, saying that while the others are repairing/recovering, they need to think of a strategy before taking on Sigma. Meanwhile, on the Lost Hex, Drs. Eggman and Wily are still hiding from the Zeti sent after them last issue. Wily tells Eggman that they'd need a miracle to escape... only for Xander Payne to arrive via his Not-Quite-Genesis Portal, and offer to save them. Wily has no idea why he'd do this since Xander hates him (I didn't realise they knew each other), but Xander just replies that he must fulfill his destiny. The doctors don't question it and follow him through the portal.

Back on the Sky Patrol, Sally talks about upgrading the vessel once everyone's ready, only to be cut short by Sticks returning from her spy-broom 'mission'. Sally then hands things over to X, since he and the Maverick Hunters know the most about Sigma. X gives the others details on Sigma's history, and notes that he never plans things small, so they'll need every advantage possible to stop him. Sonic questions X since they don't even know where Sigma is, and they won't be able to find him before his plans succeed. X says that they have to try... just as Xander's yellow portal opens right in front of them. Mega Man's naturally shocked to see Dr. Wily still alive, but although the doctors are glad to see the heroes, they're immediately (and humorously) locked up in the Sky Patrol's brig (which Sonic originally thought was unnecessary). Mega Man wants answers from Dr. Wily after his supposed death, but Wily isn't intimidated by the Blue Bomber after being around Sigma. X overhears this and asks if they know where Sigma is, to which the doctors agree to give them all the details they know, as long as they're released from the brig.

Sonic isn't bothered by the idea (since he's partnered with Eggman on previous adventures) but Mega Man doesn't trust Wily at all after his recent stunt. X apologises to Mega Man, but tells him that they really do need every advantage they can get against Sigma. Sonic reassures Mega Man that, with the Sky Patrol full of heroes, they'll be watched at all times, though Mega Man is still weary. Wily asks Xander if he's coming too, but he chooses to stay in his cell until 'destiny' calls again. Of course, the doctors think he's nuts, so they just leave him there... with Sticks keeping him company. (Oh boy...) Sonic guesses that the docs were behind his and Mega Man's transformations earlier, to which they agree but only under Sigma's commands. They go on to mention his plan with the Unity Engines, fusing the two worlds to fuel his evolution via the Master Engine. They also say that he's trying to fuse even more worlds together, until he evolves into a god of all realities. Sonic like the sound of it, so tells them that they should get to Sigma's coordinates and "do that hero thing". (Wily: "Is he always like this?" - Eggman: "Sickening, isn't it?")

The rest of the issue is pretty much just certain characters interacting with others. Sonic's made chili dogs for all the organics, while Mega Man has E-Tanks for the robots. They take some time to recall their first encounter in 'Worlds Collide', but Sonic claims that he totally beat Mega Man in battle, which Mega Man finds hard to believe. Sticks is making Knuckles lift heavy weights to "bulk him up", trying to make him stronger "and bigger". Meanwhile, Rotor (with Eggman's persuation) decides to use the Red Ring they got from 'Spark of Life' to power up the Sky Patrol's power output. Tails sarcastically asks Wily if they're boring him, but he replies that he's just admiring the other robots onboard, namely Zero. (He even notes that Zero looks like something he'd build... which he did.) Elsewhere, Quake Woman is discussing her feelings with NICOLE, saying she wasn't sure what emotion she felt for joining the group. NICOLE replies to that, while Tempo's feelings might seem overwhelming, her friends will help her tackle them, and that it'll be worth it in the end. Break Man is gathering parts to upgrade the ship, while Comedy Chimp attempts to humour him. To put it lightly... it doesn't work. Meanwhile, Tails is highly impressed with Wily's Robot Masters, complimenting Spark Man, Wood Man, and Bubble Man. Wily asks Eggman if he's jealous, to which Eggman reluctantly agrees. Sticks is then back in Xander's cell as they 'discuss' the Illuminati... yeah.

Sally recieves her chili dog (which she isn't happy about) while X tries to contact his navigators back home, Alia and Commander Signas (two other Maverick Hunters from the later 'Mega Man X' games). He hoped that Sigma's messing with space-time would allow a connection to Earth 21XX, but has no luck contacting them. Cream asks "Mr. X" (no, not that one) about his navigators, and X tells them that without one, his fight'll be tougher. Sally and Cream volunteer to act as their navigators for the time being, along with NICOLE and Roll. Meanwhile, Sticks asks Sonic how he can fight "without his sports tape", to which Sonic doesn't know how to reply at all. Zero and Antoine are comparing swords with each other, while Dr. Wily patches up Shadow Man. Wily tells him that he's surprised at Shadow Man's choice to side with Dr. Light and the heroes... until Shadow Man reveals that he's only sticking around to backstab them later on, still calling Wily his master. Wily's intrigued by this, but tells him that they can focus on that after Sigma's been dealt with. Speaking of the deadly Reploid Virus himself...

During these character moments, Sigma is overseeing his Mechaniloid army being created, and goes to power himself up at the Master Engine. He then creates a Genesis Portal, out of which emerges Chill Penguin (from the original 'Mega Man X'). Sigma notes that his "DNA-Soul" doesn't seem intact, with Chill Penguin simply saying that he'll fight and die for his lord. (I'm guessing this just means that the revived Mavericks are gonna be kinda one-note, maybe?) Zavok intervenes and tells Sigma that they've been discovered. Sigma is unhappy to hear this, especially when Zavok identifies the vessel as the Sky Patrol. Sigma realises that the heroes will be arriving soon, so he sends the Deadly Six to take command of the Mechaniloid army and stop them. He then says (I presume) to Chill Penguin that, while the Deadly Six will delay the heroes, he'll be one of the members to defeat them, along with "many, many others..." (A possible hint at a partnership with the other SEGA/Capcom villains, perhaps?) Back on the Sky Patrol, the new navigators (Sally, NICOLE, Cream and Roll) are getting everyone in position to fight Sigma's army. As all four teams (Maverick Hunters, Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters and Team Sticks) get into position, Comedy Chimp notes an old saying of his: "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard." The issue ends on the Sky Patrol approaching the Lost Hex, and the Deadly Six ready to attack with their massive Mechaniloid army beside them.

This was a fun issue to read, especially since it acts as a nice breather to all the chaos from the last couple of issues. The art, while much more colourful than last time, seems kind of wonky to me, and sometimes it's hard to tell how a character's supposed to be reacting to something, but I've seen far worse. I loved most of the character interactions in the Sky Patrol, some highlights for me including NICOLE with Quake Woman, Antoine with Zero, and Sticks with Xander. I enjoyed the little nods to Sonic's and Knuckles' alternate counterparts too, but they were something I expected from the get-go. And Shadow Man still being evil? ...Eh, I guess I kinda saw that coming, but definitely not this soon after MM #49. Not much else to say really, aside from being excited to see the Deadly Six take on the heroes next time.

Well, Shadow Man being evil was hinted at. Though, I question whether he knew Wily was alive or not. Or was he going to betray Megs anyway? I'm not sure if he can truly be reprogrammed since he isn't a earth-made Robot Master. Maybe he could reactivate the other robot masters and rebel? I guess we'll see eventually.

As for the chapter, it was fun to see the characters interact with each other and is probably the funniest Worlds Unite chapter we'll see. Sticks interacting with Sonic, Knuckles, and Xander was funny. And Eggman getting jealous of the the Wily bots designs through Tails complements was hilarious. Anyways, I'm eager to see the return to action next chapter as it seems they will be taking on the Deadly Six and Sigma will jump-start his plans to fuse other worlds.

Edited by AceofSpades17

True, Shadow Man did seem rather... shady (heh) when he said he'd stick around in MM #49, so I expected that he might turn traitor eventually (probably around the time that the Stardroids arrive on Earth). But after just one [Mega Man] issue between the reveal? Kinda sudden, if you ask me. And while someone's bound to say that it might be connected to the hiatus later on, I personally doubt that. I'm sure this was planned anyway, hiatus or not. Either way, it just felt a bit too sudden for me. 

Also, if the solicit for the next part is still correct, then we may be getting a glimpse of the first guest-world in the crossover (which'll be 'Street Fighter') next week.

Well, Shadow Man being evil was hinted at. Though, I question whether he knew Wily was alive or not. Or was he going to betray Megs anyway? I'm not sure if he can truly be reprogrammed since he isn't a earth-made Robot Master. Maybe he could reactivate the other robot masters and rebel? I guess we'll see eventually.

It's a guess but I think Shadow Man is waiting to betray Dr. Light because of the Stardoids. When they come I guess Shadow Man sees another chance to proove that he's worthy although I think Shadow Man will have some inner conflicts because maybe he sees how Light is carring for Rock and the other Robot Masters and Shadow Man see that it's a new family he has to fit in. That was basically his reaction in MM 34/35.

Actually, have to say why I read what Shadow Man said it came across to me almost as if Shadow Man was humouring Doctor Wily.

True, Shadow Man did seem rather... shady (heh) when he said he'd stick around in MM #49, so I expected that he might turn traitor eventually (probably around the time that the Stardroids arrive on Earth). But after just one [Mega Man] issue between the reveal? Kinda sudden, if you ask me. And while someone's bound to say that it might be connected to the hiatus later on, I personally doubt that. I'm sure this was planned anyway, hiatus or not. Either way, it just felt a bit too sudden for me. 

Also, if the solicit for the next part is still correct, then we may be getting a glimpse of the first guest-world in the crossover (which'll be 'Street Fighter') next week.

the megaman comics tries to squeeze in one game-worth of character and event in 4  or 8 issues. they were very bad at pacing stuff before, so its not that surprising.

there are two things thats bothering me tho:

1. after WU, will megaman and sonic remember the event? because if they are going to keep referencing back to it like "hey this important detail was covered in the crossover so you need to check it out!" issues after the crossover end i will be angry.

2. they reached the 5th issue out of like what, 12 issues? how are they going to squeeze all those other guest characters?? 

the megaman comics tries to squeeze in one game-worth of character and event in 4  or 8 issues. they were very bad at pacing stuff before, so its not that surprising.

there are two things thats bothering me tho:

1. after WU, will megaman and sonic remember the event? because if they are going to keep referencing back to it like "hey this important detail was covered in the crossover so you need to check it out!" issues after the crossover end i will be angry.

2. they reached the 5th issue out of like what, 12 issues? how are they going to squeeze all those other guest characters?? 

1) We don't know. Sonic's cast might remember the event, but they'll be focusing on the Shattered World Crisis first and foremost. At best, I could probably see Sonic or someone noting that they should fix the world quickly, after 'recent events'. As for Mega Man... that one's trickier. I'd imagine they might remember, but it would make things a little confusing once the timeline goes past MM10 and into 'Worlds Collide'. Though with the hiatus, Mega Man's likely just gonna wind down after this.

2) I don't think it'll be too hard. After all, 'Worlds Collide' was 12 issues, and people complained that there was too much filler with too little amount of characters. And while some are now complaining that they've gone too far on the other end of the scale with this crossover, I'd rather wait to see the outcome before judging it myself.

I'm really waiting to see how they're going to use all those different characters. Especially Ookami and Vyse's appearances. Though if there's going to be Street Fighters too.. Shoryuken maybe? I can't wait! x3 I do hope Ookami's powers come in handy! I mean c'mon they have a GOD on their side.. (which pretty much could even beat Sigma no sweat) Depending on what powers can she use... But she had many powers... so.. Much more to choose from! Also Alex Kidd.. I don't know what to expect...

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I swear, whenever I see artwork for Alex Kidd, it looks like he could fit in almost perfectly with the classic Mega Man characters. Anyway, I am excited to see how they handle the other franchises. What moment in time are these worlds set? How many characters from each world will there be? So many questions, so little time!

Well I think they'll just use the main characters (maybe sidekicks) and or the most known ones. (at least for the Street Fighters I can say that it's so judging from what I've seen)

Judging from the previews, we can at least guess that these characters will represent their series:

- Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, Guile, Chun-Li and M.Bison

- Breath of Fire (3): Garr, Honey, Momo, Nina, Peco, Rei, Ryu (there's two of them?!) and Teepo

- Ghosts 'n' Goblins: Sir Arthur, Princess Prin Prin and the Red Arremers

- Viewtiful Joe: Sexy Silvia (yes, that's actually her hero-name) and Viewtiful Joe himself

- Okami: Amaterasu (the sun-wolf-god thing) and Issun (the little thing that follows her)

- Monster Hunter: Chaotic Gore Magala (the giant dragon) and Melynx (the cat-thing)

- NiGHTS into Dreams...: NiGHTS and Reala

- Alex Kidd: Stella and Alex Kidd himself

- Billy Hatcher: Rolly Roll, Chick Poacher, Bantam Scrambled (where did they come up with these names?!) and Billy Hatcher himself

- Golden Axe: Tyrius Flare, Ax Battler, Gilius Thunderhead and Death Adder

- Skies of Arcadia: Vyse, Fina, Aika, Drachma, Gilder, Enrique, and Galcian

- Panzer Dragoon: Base Wing (the not-as-big dragon)... and that's it.

Only five of those characters are villains, being Death Adder, M.Bison, Galcian, the Red Arremers, and Reala. I'm curious to see if they're going to be joining Sigma's side for the crossover, or if they might work with Drs. Eggman and Wily for some other nefarious plot.

Well isn't this going to be interesting...? and in the end I bet everyone will team up against Sigma (since the bad guys never really keep their promises) so the race of the most weirdest reason to control the entire world will begin!

Given Sigma is on a 'I will destory all worlds to become a god' odds are they'll side with the good guys, then EVERY bad guy will try ti take Sigma's place!

Excatly! But I'd like to hear WHAT they would do after becoming god. (I mean c'mon every bad guy has got some random goal and I want to see which ones the best)

I wanted to see Vectorman and Ristar appear in this crossover.

While I enjoy this issue it was a little to slow for me and just seen like one of DBZ filler episode kind of like that long filler between cell getting his perfect form and the cell games except the art style just make me want to throw up quake woman, nicole, and sigma are the prime source. But I like how shadow man outright tell wily he was going to betray dr.light anyway.

The scare part about that off-panel is the fact their are more characters coming in future issues how will this work out.

Also can't wait to see those street fighter characters in the next issue.

Time for another summary/review, this time for Part 6 in Sonic Boom #9:

We open with a roll-call of all the current heroes and villains, before the heroes attack the incoming Mechaniloids. Mega Man assures that they will make it past them, but Sonic doesn't break a sweat as they're used to this sort of thing. The Maverick Hunters are quick to realise that the Mechaniloids they're facing are ones they've seen before, and that Sigma's manipulating space-time to resurrect them. Sticks is trying to get her 'team' to help out, but Fastidious Beaver and Comedy Chimp immediately decide to bail, with Sticks chasing after them as other members continue to fight (Break Man and Bunnie tag-teaming on shield and buster duties, Big 'fishing' with Hard Man, and Snake Man, Amy and Quake Woman surrounding a bigger foe). Meanwhile, the navigators (Sally, Roll, Cream and NICOLE) are busy giuding everyone on the battlefield, warning that the Deadly Six are approaching. NICOLE is also keeping an eye on Drs. Eggman and Wily, who seem to be working on some kind of weapon (most likely for the heroes).

The two villains quietly discuss what they're going to do if the Sky Patrol falls, with Wily locating the escape-pods so they can travel back to the Lost Hex and use the Master Engine for themselves. Back outside, as the heroes manage to stop a giant dragon Mechaniloid, the Deadly Six begin to attack. Axl notes that they seem incredibly strong, so X orders the navigators to keep everyone away from the Deadly Six and focus on the Mechaniloids for now. During this, Sigma laments that the Deadly Six only need to hold the heroes back a little longer, while he continues to resurrect his former Mavericks. Meanwhile, Sticks eventually gives up on chasing her 'teammates' after they lock themselves back inside the Sky Patrol, realising that she still wants to fight.

So she goes to attack Zomom... only to be whacked straight off the Sky Patrol itself. As Sticks begins to fall (with no other heroes seeing this) she sees more Genesis Portals underneath her. Sticks then decides to swan-dive, no, cannonball into one of them, landing in a world filled with just humans (*coughStreetFightercough*). She's disappointed that the humans aren't shiny like X, until one of them (*coughChun-Licough*) confronts her, seemingly surprised that she can talk. Sticks warns her of the impending doom, and demands to see her leader (just like she wanted to when she first reached... er, Mobi-Earth). Back on the Sky Patrol, Sonic and Mega Man are starting to get a little worn out, but not enough to stop. With the last Mechaniloid down, X orders everyone to converge on the Deadly Six immediately.

Amy and Bunnie take on Zeena, Rotor (with help from Break Man and Flash Man) knocks out Zor, Antoine and Zero attack Master Zik (with Rush taking his stick away), Big and Hard Man hold back Zomom while Gemerl goes in for a bullet-punch (with insults to add), and Knuckles (with a Leaf Shield, courtesy of Wood Man) uppercuts Zazz. Finally, Sonic distracts Zavok so that Mega Man and X can fire a pair of Charge Shots at the red Zeti. With the Deadly Six subdued, Axl sees their eyes and is reminded of the Sigma Virus. X realises that they're under his control via the armours, but while Zero suggests killing them, X wants to help them. Unfortunately, the Zeti don't listen to reason (namely because X mentioned 'surrendering' to them) and use their powers to control the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters. The issue ends with X and Mega Man apologising to Sonic and his friends, as they begin to open fire on them, noting that they can't control themselves.

Huh, well that was rather simple. I enjoyed the action in this issue, even though the Deadly Six didn't really do much until the end. Seeing the other Boom characters flee was understandable, but I'm sure they'll find something to do until this thing ends. And we finally get our first glimpse into a non-Sonic/Mega Man world... sorta. I guess it makes sense that they don't want to completely reveal it in-story yet, but at least they make it clear enough who Sticks is talking to, for fans of that series. I'm actually rather glad that the D6 aren't completely mind-controlling the Mega Man/MMX cast (then again, I don't think they even CAN) as it makes the upcoming 'Sonic Heroes vs. Mega Men' fight different enough from the first crossover. But that weapon the doctors are working on... I'm certainly curious as to what will become of it. Overall, I thought this was an enjoyable issue throughout. Now to see how things go for the heroes next week in Part 7. (Oh, and the Sonic Battle Book comes out too.)