NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

Gemerl is back so sega allow him for this crossover but something tell me he'll be destroy or badly damage because he was under the mind control of the deadly six or infected with the sigma virus or reprogram by dr.eggman and wily

Cool Gemerl makes a comeback. I wished they would've used him in Sonic X as well I mean he is like Emerl's brother right? But it's cool to see him in Worlds Unite as well.

Cool Gemerl makes a comeback. I wished they would've used him in Sonic X as well I mean he is like Emerl's brother right? But it's cool to see him in Worlds Unite as well.

Actually, Gemerl was a supposedly rebuilt version of Emerl, who was destroyed at the end of Sonic Battle. He appears as Eggman's lackey in Sonic Advance 3, but is defeated and rebuilt/reprogrammed by Tails to act like Emerl did back in his good days. He lives with Cream and Vanilla supposedly, but he hasn't been seen game-wise since his debut.

Gemerl is back so sega allow him for this crossover but something tell me he'll be destroy or badly damage because he was under the mind control of the deadly six or infected with the sigma virus or reprogram by dr.eggman and wily

I highly doubt that. They wouldn't bring him in if he's just gonna be destroyed so soon after. That's wasting character space. Maybe he'll tag along with the heroes, maybe he'll stay behind to protect Mobotropolis. Wait and see.

Actually, Gemerl was a supposedly rebuilt version of Emerl, who was destroyed at the end of Sonic Battle. He appears as Eggman's lackey in Sonic Advance 3, but is defeated and rebuilt/reprogrammed by Tails to act like Emerl did back in his good days. He lives with Cream and Vanilla supposedly, but he hasn't been seen game-wise since his debut.

I highly doubt that. They wouldn't bring him in if he's just gonna be destroyed so soon after. That's wasting character space. Maybe he'll tag along with the heroes, maybe he'll stay behind to protect Mobotropolis. Wait and see.

Really? Thanks for telling. I haven't played Sonic Battle or Sonic Advanced Games (because I didn't have the right console for them) I do hope they won't destroy him right away.. I'd like to see what Gemerl can do.

The time slow could stop Quick Man, but can't stop Sonic? Geez, the gap between their speed must be huge!

The time slow could stop Quick Man, but can't stop Sonic? Geez, the gap between their speed must be huge!

um... *cough* Sonic is the "Fastest Thing Alive" remember? No one is faster than him.

Every now and again a moment in a story completely blindsides me and Gemerl is one of those moments.  Terrific he's finally here.

I would think the time stopper would effectively counter sonic, but by the look on flash man's face, even that wouldn't affect him.

I also noticed that cut man and oil man weren't in the pile of bodies, wonder what they're up to.

Sticks as the only Boom character really disappoints me, though sadly none of the other characters really stand out as most seem an over cliche'ed version of themselves. The simple archetype for characters niches is an aged style. Anyways as soon as I read the first two issues of this arc I had to search around to see if a megaman X comic existed. I would have loved to see that done. Doesn't even have to be canon off the games the world seemed more interesting than traditional megaman's.

I know the rewrite was to retcon all the Pender's stuff but I was really hoping Boom had some of the other comics' seriousness rubbed off on it.  Anyways with Sonic being roboticized more or less in this does anyone think that maybe they might bring that fear back into the Sonic universe? Eggman ruling with fear and blackmail with roboticizing and even legionizing way back when really made me like a scarier setting.

And Sigma looks like a total boss so far in these comics, the guy has a look that just yells to me super villain. Instead fatman... er eggman and Dr. Greyhair.

The characters here ain't all that different from each other as for a megaman X comic I hasn't seen one I mean X had an appearance in a megaman comic made by Dreamwave but the comic was discontinue because the company shut down their is abunch of megaman X manga that I know. And the whole fear part with roboticizing and all that most likely after worlds unite archie might just throw it under the bus because in order to stay in line with the games that robotizing think have to go.

And I'm back, for recaps on Parts 2 AND 3 of the crossover.

First, let's begin with Part 2 (Sonic Boom #8):

We begin this issue where Sonic Boom #7 left off: Boom!Eggman's go-kart plan has been foiled by Boom!Sonic and his friends, with Sticks getting seperated from the group. However, she ends up discovering a Genesis Portal, which the Maverck Hunters X, Zero and Axl emerge from. They seem to have missed their correct destination, even though they used Sigma's own device and had help from Silver the Hedgehog between now and the last time we saw them. (This'll be shown fully in the Mega Man Battle Book.) Zero isn't happy with this and suggests going back... only for the portal to conveniently close on them. X tells them that things should be fine on Earth 21XX, with the Hunters securing Sigma's fortress and Silver containing Vile (again, Battle Books) so they should try and ask the locals for help. Sticks overhears all of this and... er, 'attacks' Zero, wanting to protect the villagers. X explains his purpose for being on her world, and Sticks (correctly, of course) guesses the basic idea of the MMX series in a nutshell. After dragging Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver along for the ride temporarily, the two trios head towards Boom!Eggman's base and run into Orbot and Cubot. After being threatened by Zero, they manage to create a Genesis Portal with one of Boom!Eggman's machines (because of course he has one of those!) and Sticks prepares to enter the portal.

Meanwhile, back on the Lost Hex, Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman (the main one, from this point forward) show Sigma their plans for Sonic and Mega Man: turn them into minions for Sigma, and have them install the Unity Engines for him. Sigma likes the plan, and wants them to finish it in an hour. It's here that Eggman realises that Wily really doesn't remember what happened the last time they met, and that Mega Man must have fixed his world properly. So he mentions Dr. Light to get Wily's attention, and we then have Eggman's recap on the (slightly different) events of 'Worlds Collide': When one of Eggman's latest schemes (the Time Eater from 'Sonic Generations') failed, a Chaos Emerald somehow ended up on Earth 20XX, back when Wily was working with Ra Moon. The emerald allowed Eggman (in the White Space) to communicate with Wily, and together they created the Skull Egg Zone, Wily Egg, Roboticized Masters etc. They were going to use the Super Genesis Wave to effectively become gods, but that failed when (according to Eggman, at least) Dr. Light tricked Wily into thinking Eggman tried to kill him. (Spoiler Alert: Eggman DID try that!) He uses that as an excuse to say why they failed at the hands of Sonic and Mega Man. Eggman then notes that Mega Man must have succeeded since Wily doesn't remember anything, while Sonic failed and caused his planet to shatter (...among other things).

Although Wily has some doubts as to Dr. Light lying to him, he decides to agree with Eggman's story, and the Doctors' bromance is reborn. But they still need to deal with Sigma, so they come up with their own plan: Sabotaging Sonic and Mega Man's coding so that, when the two of them meet, they'll attack and restore each other. Then they'll be so focused on stopping Sigma, that they won't have time to stop the Docs from using the Unity Engines for their own plans. Sigma eventually returns, wanting results. The doctors give him what he wants, and we see Sonic and Mega Man getting controlled by Wily and Eggman, respectively. We then cut to Earth 20XX, with Dr. Light getting worried about Rock's disappearance. Just then, Auto tells them to see the news, which mentions a 'mysterious new robot' attacking Mega City. Light knows this isn't a coincidence, and tells Guts Man to round up 'the boys', while he gets some backup. We then see the robot attacking cops and trapping them in... rings. Back on Sonic's world, the Freedom Fighters are also getting worried for Sonic, when they get an urgent message from King Acorn. He mentions a strange badnik attacking Mobotropolis, and we cut to the robot preparing to storm the castle. The issue ends with both robots fully revealed: The deadly-fast Sonic Man attacking Mega City, and the powerful M'egga Man attacking Mobotropolis.

This was a fun issue to read, even if it was just more set-up. It was good to see the new 'Worlds Collide' backstory explained, at least briefly. The opening with Sticks and the Maverick Hunters was nice, and it was a little surprising to see the Boom cast get a brief appearance in this issue. Overall, another good set-up issue.

Now for Part 3 (Sonic The Hedgehog #273):

We open in Mega City as Dr. Light's Robot Masters have been mostly defeated by Sonic Man. (Once again, this'll be shown fully in Sonic's Battle Book.) As he begins to take down Fire Man, Time Man mentions to Bomb Man that even with Time Slow, Sonic Man was just too fast. We cut back to Light Labs, and Dr. Light's backup is revealed to be the reformed Wily Robot Masters and Tempo/Quake Woman. Back in the city, a Genesis Portal opens and releases the Unity Engine. But as Sonic Man prepares to activate it, the Wily-bots interfere. Meanwhile on Sonic's world, the Freedom Fighters aren't having much luck against M'egga Man either. Sally realises that even if Sonic was around, it would still be difficult, and tells Cream to make a call. Vanilla (Cream's mother) recieves the call, which is asking for Gemerl's help, and she immediately tells him that he's needed in the capital. Back there, the Freedom Fighters (and Knuckles) continue to struggle, until Big helps out by... er, 'pinning' M'egga Man down. Tails tries to figure out the Unity Engine that M'egga Man planted in the city, but can't get past its shields.

Back in Mega City, the Wily-bots also have difficulty against Sonic Man, who's still too fast to hit... even with Flash Man's Time Stopper! They're soon all hit by the Ring Launcher and Homing Shot (HA!) and promptly defeated. As he tries to activate the Unity Engine once again, a familiar whistle is heard and Break Man appears, teleporting the rest of the Robot Masters off the field. Back in Mobotropolis, M'egga Man manages to trap Big and defeat the others with decoy bombs. He then goes to activate his Unity Engine, only to be stalled by a missle barrage from Gemerl. We then see both battles at the same time, as Sonic Man fights Break Man (the closest equivalent to Mega Man) while M'egga Man fights Gemerl (the closest equivalent to Sonic, not named 'Shadow' or 'Metal'). However, both forces aren't enough to stop the Roboticized Masters, and are soon defeated too. With all forms of opposition crushed on both sides, the two corrupted heroes successfully activate the Unity Engines, fusing the two worlds together. Sigma is glad to see this and mentions that, while one world would fall apart too quickly, a fused world would last long enough to fuel his evolution. Secretly, Eggman and Wily are waiting for Sonic Man and M'egga Man to return and stop each other, along with Sigma. Unfortunately for them, the two Roboticized Masters spot each other before returning, and the issue ends with both Sonic Man and M'egga Man activating their secondary objectives, preparing to attack each other (and unknowingly restore themselves too).

I'll just say this now: I am SO HAPPY that Gemerl's finally getting some love. I've always been interested in how they could build upon what he did in 'Sonic Advance 3' (and 'Sonic Battle', if you count Emerl too) and I'm not disappointed. And people comparing him to Shard... eh, they don't seem THAT similar to me. Maybe it's just the black-and-gold/yellow paint scheme that does it, I dunno. Anyway, I thought this was a very enjoyable issue, and I'm looking forward to Act 1's conclusion.

It might be just me, but I didn't like the fact that:

Sonic Man and M'egga Man were able to take down all the good guys without sustaining any serious damage.  They are just so powerful and take so little damage it goes from 'exciting battle' to 'fan fic: LOOK HOW POWERFUL MY BAD GUY IS HE KILLS ALL AND DOESNT GET HURT!'  This actually goes double for the M'egga Man fight.  Not because I think Mega Man is weaker/the Freedom Fighters are more powerful.  But because M'egga Man was using weapons that Eggman has already used in the past.  No way should those decoy bombs have taken out the whole team.  At least in Sonic Man's case the weapons were new to that world.

And Tempo looked SO off model this issue.  I didn't know robots could be anorexic.

I'd mostly chalk that up to something like "they can't let the main heroes lose to side characters, even while they're corrupted". A bit dumb, but understandable.

Unable to lose I can understand.

Utterly unscathed though, that feels cheap and badly written.

A shame, cause otherwise I was enjoying this.  

Yeah I agree

main heroes/bad guy right now taking time ALL of the good guys and no damage? No way would that happen. Also while Sonic might be the fastest thing alive that time stopping ability should've taken care of the fight. But I guess to make the story more interesting and to make it advance faster you need a starting point like this. I'm starting to understand why they needed to unite all of the worlds in this one...

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I never really saw it as 'taking no damage' myself, but more like 'taking little/no VISIBLE damage'. Again, these are the same two blue heroes who, time and time again have managed to defeat their enemies, and now their enemies are using them against the good guys. Also, one other thing to remember: although it was only mentioned briefly in Part 2, Eggman and Wily used Sigma's technology (as in, Earth 21XX, Reploid-level tech) to transform them. Hence why they're so much more advanced and powerful compared to the last batch of Roboticized Masters, which only used 20XX, Robot Master-level tech to create them. So with that, plus them just being the big heroes anyway, I can understand why it took two other 'heroes' with almost-equal strength (Break Man and Gemerl) to slow them down. But in the end, there's only one opponent strong enough to beat them: Each other. Hence why Eggman and Wily implanted their 'secondary objective' into the heroes to begin with.

Basically, everyone was fodderized, lol

I understand they couldn't let the heroes lose, but they were omnipotent for the most part. Otherwise, the chapter was pretty good and filled with action. Speaking of action, any idea on the Battle Book release dates?

I never really saw it as 'taking no damage' myself, but more like 'taking little/no VISIBLE damage'. Again, these are the same two blue heroes who, time and time again have managed to defeat their enemies, and now their enemies are using them against the good guys. 

I was wondering if someone would bring that up.  To counter, remember what happened to Copy Man when he went up against all the original Robot Masters?  He didn't last seconds.  

The rest of your points do make sense though, but it still doesn't feel right how unscathed they are.  Even just seeing a crack/dent or two or somesuch.

I just hate OP characters!  :P

Well, seeing as Archie's Twitter account recently posted a small preview of 'Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles', I'd say that one's coming pretty soon. Dunno about Sonic's, though. And to answer you point, Skye... well, maybe Tracy Yardley forgot to add visible damage. I dunno, but they're definately OP here for a reason.

I think the point of M'egga Man and Sonic Man being so "overpowered" is showing how the corruption process made them both a lot stronger.

And also, I found a stark contrast in how the roboticized Sonic and Rock had personalities while Sonic's converted friends didn't. They seemed arrogant in sort of a cruel and dark way, but to me it came off kinda weird.

I believe that was due to Eggman removing the personalities from the original Roboticized Masters. ("You get less sass from your minions that way.") Whereas we don't know the exact changes that Eggman and Wily made to Mega Man and Sonic. I presume they just kept the personalities for the sake of it. (That, or Sigma told them to.)

That makes sense. Seeing Blues appear again was awesome, but I'm just patiently waiting for his mouthpiece to get broken off and for him to finally become protoman.

This issue is good and bad for me it's good because gemerl has finally gotten had an appearance past sonic advance 3 but it's also bad because I had to question weather I was reading an official comic or someone "My villain is so strong it makes the official heroes weak" fanfic because sonic man and m'eega man were getting hit by everything and didn't get damage their like the mega man megamix stardroid