NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

How exactly would Mega-Man get roboticized? He's already a robot. Unless I'm missing something here...

Well he can still be re-programmed by Wily and Eggman to serve evil? Guess that's sort of it? Also getting one heckuva power boost. and new "eeeeeeeevil" look.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

I've never really counted M'egga Man as a Roboticized Master myself, seeing as he's more just reprogrammed than actually roboticized. If anything, he's almost like a complete opposite to the Roboticized Masters since, while they are/were organic beings (currently only from Sonic's world) transformed into robots based on Mega Man's world, the reprogramming of M'egga Man is taking a robot from Mega Man's world and 'transforming' them into something more resembling an Egg Boss from Sonic's world. But again, I don't count him as a Roboticized Master. Though now I wonder if Sigma's involvement could mean that Sonic Man and M'egga Man are technically stronger than the previous Roboticized Masters. It would certainly give X and the Maverick Hunters more of a reason to join the heroes in their mission.

So, are you guys going to upload the Battle Books when they come out?

I'd imagine that someone might upload them when they're released (probably in the 'Specials' section), but since they're optional I'm not too fussy.

Let's just face it both companies ain't doing well. Sega because of Sonic Boom and Capcom because of everything else so in order for them to make money they have to do another crossover. Plus it's just world collide with more characters threw in just to remind people how much Sega and Capcom had changes since the 90's and Early 2000's plus I saw that great big Solicitation on Rockman Corner may me less excited to see world unite

I would't say they are not doing that well... the Sonic Boom games sold terrible for Sonic games, but seems like the show is doing well and will definitely push the toys to sell.

As for Capcom, they have enough IP's to keep them going for a long time. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the best selling MH game to date here in the States(Sold over 1 million copies already). And lets not forget about Street Fighter 5 and a new Ace Attorney game coming out pretty soon.

Plus, it should take more than the failure of one game to cause a company to suffer that much difficulties...  And if it was, a single comic crossover won't recoup such massive losses.

I would't say they are not doing that well... the Sonic Boom games sold terrible for Sonic games, but seems like the show is doing well and will definitely push the toys to sell.

As for Capcom, they have enough IP's to keep them going for a long time. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the best selling MH game to date here in the States(Sold over 1 million copies already). And lets not forget about Street Fighter 5 and a new Ace Attorney game coming out pretty soon.

But Capcom gotta make up for the bad resident evil games they made and the cancellation of 4 Megaman titles and the lack of sells for every update of Street Fighter 4.

Sega have to not only make up for Sonic Boom they got to make up the Sonic games that didn't sell so well during the Nintendo deal I know lost world didn't sell all that well, I know the Mario & Sonic at the sochi Olympic's sold less then the other Olympic games in the series, their in the middle of reconstruction their North American and European branch after again the Sonic Boom Bomb and the lost of a lot of employee unfairly.

And also a lot knew this was quick cash grab ever since they announce it back in like what August, October I mean they didn't do it for their X Capcom games so what makes Sega and Sonic so special.  

How exactly would Mega-Man get roboticized? He's already a robot. Unless I'm missing something here...

Roboception! Well I think it maybe has to do with the Maverick Virus? Who knows?

Or Plot Twist: Rock is a Human!

Edited by Centaur Man

Well that would explain the line in one of the Mega Man games where he says: "I am more than just a robot!!!" but yeah I think that's a virus. Since Rock is already a robot he cannot be roboticized but he CAN be like I said re-programmed... to serve EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL....

I come with a little bit of sad news: If you're a fan of Blaze, then I'm afraid you won't be seeing her in this crossover. (Maybe the Sol Zone is just Genesis-proof?) Anyway, this honestly doesn't disappoint me too much, as it allows for more focus on the other franchises outside of Sonic (namely Mega Man & X).

I come with a little bit of sad news: If you're a fan of Blaze, then I'm afraid you won't be seeing her in this crossover. (Maybe the Sol Zone is just Genesis-proof?) Anyway, this honestly doesn't disappoint me too much, as it allows for more focus on the other franchises outside of Sonic (namely Mega Man & X).

I think that's a good thing because blaze was nothing more but a punching bag ever since she was introduced.

1 person likes this

Sigma looking so cool in this new crossover. So big and powerful.

But anyway, I wait this crossover and wanna see, what's happened.

Sigma never skipped the training sections. Dat abs dude!

3QM24tD.png

First one of comic looking good.

I don't like the Deadly Six, but his armor looking good. So, now I wait to next chapter.

After almost nearly a year of disappointment from the sonic comics and a slow way for the megaman comics I'm happy to report Worlds Unite is a good read for the whole young family. Now that that's being said Capcom... WHERE'S MEGAMAN X9? 

I don't normally do this for regular issues, but since this is a special occasion, here's my summary of the story:

We open on Earth 21XX (sometime either during or after Mega Man X7), as the Maverick Hunters (including X, Zero and Axl) are about to storm Sigma's current base. X is knocked off his Ride Chaser by Vile (looking as he did in X1) but Zero and Axl fend him off (this'll probably be seen fully in 'WU Battles: Mega Man') so X can continue inside. Meanwhile, Sigma (in virus form) hoped that he had more time to scout his destination (the Lost Hex), but isn't worried since Eggman has already abused the Zeti there. X enters and confronts Sigma, but he just laughs and mentions his "command of worlds is only just beginning", disappearing through the Genesis Portal above him.

As X wonders where Sigma escaped to, we cut to Sonic's World in the Green Hill Zone (...again). Sonic runs down a broken chunk of the planet and rescues a Flicky, as well as another shard of the Master Emerald. He thinks to himself about getting the last Chaos Emerald so that things can be peaceful once more, not noticing a Genesis Portal opening in the distance. Meanwhile on Earth 20XX, Mega Man and Elec Man bring back power to Light Labs after the recent events there. Guts Man mentions that he and Concrete Man are almost finished, but need more materials. Rock agrees to go into town and fetch some, but Roll thinks he should take someone with him. He says that he'll be fine since Wily's 'dead' and the Emerald Spears are locked up (there's also a funny line about him getting pulled over once for looking like a kid while driving) and drives off, also not noticing a Genesis Portal in the distance.

We then cut to Eggman's base on the Lost Hex, as he mentions what's happened recently in an audio-log: it's revealed that he wanted to build a base here to get a new perspective on the Shattered World Crisis, and also conquered the Deadly Six there with the Cacophonic Conch. He then got them to build his base there, but didn't count on Orbot suddenly smashing the conch, and DEFINATELY didn't count on him actually being possesed by Sigma (hence his purple eyes in SU #75; that was Sigma). Eggman's then ordered to build Sigma a new body. He does so, creating 'Sigma-1' (with a design resembling Zavok) and is then told that he isn't finished building things yet. Eggman naturally objects, until Zavok 'persuades' him, instead saying that he needs an assisstant to help him (and to secretly work with to escape). Sigma says he knows just the guy...

He then opens a Genesis Portal, and pulls Dr. Wily out from it (as seen at the end of MM #49). This is where we learn that Eggman (and maybe Sonic too) remembers the events of 'Worlds Collide', as he still hates Wily (who has pretty much NO idea what's going on at all). Sigma then orders Zavok to take the two doctors to a Prison Egg. In there, Eggman explains to Wily that he has a plan that could make fools out of Sigma, Sonic AND Mega Man. That last name is all Wily needs to hear to be on-board. The next day, the doctors are converting Eggman's badnik assembly line to create Mechaniloids (the mooks in MMX) and building armour pieces for the Deadly Six that enhances their abilities. Eggman notes that the armour has a built-in trap incase the Zeti get out of hand, but they also need Sonic and Mega Man to stop Sigma, while also not getting in THEIR way.

As Eggman and Wily take a break, Zavok gloats about his new armour... by immediately trying to control Sigma. But while his body seems to be down, Sigma himself isn't controlled and he activates the built-in traps, placing the Zeti under Sigma's full control. (Wow, that was quick!) He uses this as a warning to the doctors, and tells them to start working on the 'Unity Engines' immediately. This is when Eggman and Wily begin their plan, telling Sigma about their worlds' heroes and how they'll very likely stop Sigma's plan unless dealt with. Sigma's open to suggestions, and they suggest a preemptive strike using the Deadly Six and the Genesis Portals. Then, once they're both captured, Sigma can use them to install the Unity Engines for him.

During this, we cut back to Sonic and Mega Man as the Deadly Six (still possesed) appear from the Genesis Portals mentioned earlier; Zavok, Zeena and Zor take on Sonic; Zomom, Zazz and Master Zik confront Mega Man. (The full battles will be shown in the Battle Books.) Back on the Lost Hex, Sigma gloats to himself, wishing for X to see how far he's come. He even mentions that he now has the 'traditional' 8 commanders: The Deadly Six, and soon Sonic and Mega Man. As Sigma notes that the last two are still in the process of being 'recruited', he admits that he's excited for the doctors' plan and asks how it's going. Eggman and Wily tell him that it's nearly complete, and to wait to see what they turn the blue heroes into. (Of course, we already know what they'll become, but still.)

This was a good start to the crossover, though like the last one, it's mostly just setup for later on. Eggman was enjoyable to watch, as was Wily, even though he's practically clueless on anything that's happening. Still, it should give them a new angle to work with after 'Worlds Collide' ended with them as bitter enemies. It's a shame we didn't see too much of Sonic or Mega Man in this issue, but I'm sure we'll get a lot more later on. Besides, it'll likely give readers more time to know about Sonic's Freedom Fighters, Mega Man's Robot Master brothers, and definately the Maverick Hunters for the next couple of issues. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure next issue will focus on what X and Co. have been doing, since they only appeared at the beginning of this issue. And it's certainly gonna involve a certain paranoid badger.

So I assume this was Sonic's first time actually fighting the Deadly Six in the comics? I'd think he'd know how to beat them.

This was a good start to the crossover, though like the last one, it's mostly just setup for later on. Eggman was enjoyable to watch, as was Wily, even though he's practically clueless on anything that's happening. Still, it should give them a new angle to work with after 'Worlds Collide' ended with them as bitter enemies. It's a shame we didn't see too much of Sonic or Mega Man in this issue, but I'm sure we'll get a lot more later on. Besides, it'll likely give readers more time to know about Sonic's Freedom Fighters, Mega Man's Robot Master brothers, and definately the Maverick Hunters for the next couple of issues. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure next issue will focus on what X and Co. have been doing, since they only appeared at the beginning of this issue. And it's certainly gonna involve a certain paranoid badger.

I wonder how Boom in general will come into play.
Edited by AceofSpades17

Boom probibly won't come into play aside from Sticks.  Having an extra Sonic, Tails, Knux, Amy and Eggman, and speicifaly more bumbling versions, would not be good for this already packed crossover.

Exactly, this crossover is packed as it is. (Which is also the reason Blaze isn't in this, as well as Metal Sonic most likely.)

Basically it's just one big giant mess we got freedom fighters, The Light and Wily Numbers, The Maverick Hunters, and Sticks I think if we add anymore the universe may collapse on in itself.

Speaking of the Wily-Bots, Topman was on the cover of one of the variants for Worlds Unite comics(forgot which one though), which is interesting considering what happened in Mega Man 49.

Edited by AceofSpades17

Speaking of the Wily-Bots, Topman was on the cover of one of the variants for Worlds Unite comics(forgot which one though), which is interesting considering what happened in Mega Man 49.

He made return in a future issue considering that dr.wily needs some ways to betray Sigma (and possibly dr.eggman)

So, after this issue we know that Eggman still retains his memories of the World's Collide Crossover.

Of all the characters, there are only four who we know remember (though... never rule out Shadow pulling a memory trick!).  Eggman as mentioned about, Sonic, though given his fate that's about to be moot.  Blaze, who isn't gonna be in the crossover.

And Tails.

So... assuming Tails' memories haven't all faded away, might he recognise Mega Man?  And explain what happened in the last crossover to the Freedom Fighters?  And might then then guess what could have happened to Sonic?

(Yeah, I know Amy was in the crossover too, but unlike Tails it's not stated whether of not she got memories from there as well, or if she and Cream remember having the crossover having come via the Sol Zone.)

Well, that was a nice start. But I have a question. Why does Sigma have the skull emblem if Eggman didn't meet Wily again after the body was built?

Also, I'm the only one that thinks the art style looks like the Sonic The Comic Online comics?

Well, that was a nice start. But I have a question. Why does Sigma have the skull emblem if Eggman didn't meet Wily again after the body was built?

Sigma has oredered him such design, that's all.

Time for some Spoiler pics for part 3, including the long awaited return of 2 favourite robot masters! :D

tumblr_npfu5iLZ4g1tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npfu5rAxgC1tlfjtro1_540.jpg

tumblr_npfu5wzruc1tlfjtro1_540.jpg

tumblr_npfu622vqo1tlfjtro1_540.jpg

tumblr_npfu674TsE1tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npfu6db9s11tlfjtro1_540.jpg

tumblr_npfu6jvFBu1tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npfu6pP24r1tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

Edited by Pearl98