NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

Not necessarily if they do it well.. I mean really I have faith in them. And I'm pretty sure many others fans have as well.

Not necessarily if they do it well.. I mean really I have faith in them. And I'm pretty sure many others fans have as well.

If they do it something simpler to project x zone then maybe theirs hope. 

Guys, I just realised something. (Potential Spoilers Ahead!)

So apparently Xander, Eggman and Wily will have their own plans after leaving Sigma (and likely getting dumped by the heroes, but... come on, that's to be expected). Meanwhile, Sonic Boom #10's variant shows other villains like Reala from 'NiGHTS', and M.Bison from 'Street Fighter'. So... what if, while our heroes are recruiting the other SEGA & Capcom heroes, the trio of baddies begin their OWN recruitment plan to gather the VILLAINS of each world, like Reala and Bison? (Maybe even the D6?)

I just noticed something how are they going to explain the non-sonic and mega man characters unlike characters like night, ulala, ryu, ken, etc. a lot of them has been forgotten and newcomers will be confused about these characters I mean Sega and capcom fans will know who they are because of games like marvel vs capcom or Sega superstar/sonic & all stars racing.

824c5afcde13ab660283470b6b528d40.jpg?v=1

This is such a masterpiece! They all are looking so fabulous! 

1 person likes this

That bald variant is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...

1 person likes this

...And right on que, we have Part 11's covers and solicitation. So here's the penultimate issue (Sonic The Hedgehog #275). Just one more part to go:

780px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-275.jpg780px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-275_%28variant780px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-275_%28variant780px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-275_%28variant780px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-275_%28variant

CELEBRATE 275 ISSUES OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG with his good buddy Mega Man and the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, BILLY HATCHER, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, MONSTER HUNTER and more in this DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE! “Worlds Unite” Part Eleven: It’s pan-dimensional pandemonium as the unified army begins their attack on Sigma! Sonic, Mega Man and X lead an all-star roster of heroes from across the SEGA and Capcom universes in an all-out assault against the villainous robot from the future! Will they be enough to save all their worlds, or has Sigma already become a god? Featuring a wrap-around cover from the legendary Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante! PLUS 5 variant covers from Edwin Huang, Lamar Wells, Tracy Yardley, Rafa Knight and part 11 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates! Don’t miss the penultimate chapter to the biggest crossover event in Archie Action history!

So, it seems by this point of the crossover, the worlds' heroes are all united, ready for the final battle. Though the thought of Sigma reaching god-status is certainly worrying. Not so much the idea of Sigma becoming all-powerful, but the idea that the Chaos Emeralds might be required once again. I could be wrong though.

1 person likes this

Good thing they seem to be adding only Sticks in the comics from the Boom universe.. If they would add the others..It would be REALLY awkward and difficult to explain certain things.. *cough* Knuckles' sudden change *cough cough* Sonic's blue arms *cough* and few other things~

shoot everything I just wrote was already described 2 posts before

you can have this nice image then because I don't have any useful information that wasn't already said.

MegamanBattles1-750x576.jpg

Edited by James Petitious
1 person likes this

Wow. Thanks James! :3 what did you think about the... Villains "flirting faces" in the one variant cover by the way?

And now for even MORE previews! This time, it's the covers and solicit for the second Battle Book, focused on the Sonic characters:

WUBCover.jpg624px-4509167-3%2Bsonicbattlesvar.jpeg624px-WUBVarient.jpg

ALL-NEW DIRECT MARKET-EXCLUSIVE special! There are so many epic battles in the SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event that the biggest brawls of the bunch have exploded into their very own book! Twelve issues just isn’t enough to contain all the frantic action of “Worlds Unite!” The action spills over into this second special stand-alone issue where an all-star cast of creators bring you an extraordinary all-action issue! Watch as Sonic battles the Deadly Six, Knuckles throws down with Break Man, and Sticks… goes after Roll?! LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! Also featuring variant cover art from Roger and Idalia Robinson, and a special wrap-around sketch variant by Sonic and Mega Man superstars Evan Stanley & Jamal Peppers!

Knuckles vs. Break Man, eh? Sign me up! I suppose this also confirms that Mega Man's world will still be set between Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4 during the crossover.

Knuckles vs Break Man...Yes!

Roll vs Sticks, that might be funny.

Knuckles vs. Break Man???? O_O my two favorite characters against each other? Who's side am I on?! D: No!! They can't make me choose! Roll vs. STICKS?! Are they trying to give me a heart attack??

Knuckles vs Break Man...Yes!

Oh god this will be so awesome. Who won? YOU DECIDE!

I will be so confused about this.. Who's side am I on??? D: Break Man's awesome and Knuckles (duh) Is awesome too! ... I'm going to die aren't I? o-o

It IS going to be very big crossover! Did you see the variant covers???? O_O oh my this really is WORLDS Unite... So much Team Work ;_____; Awesome characters, Interesting story, Okami!! I can't wait xD

It IS going to be very big crossover! Did you see the variant covers???? O_O oh my this really is WORLDS Unite... So much Team Work ;_____; Awesome characters, Interesting story, Okami!! I can't wait xD

I just have the feeling that maybe it is too much for just 12 Comic-issues. I am verry exited about all these heroes and villians. Oh wait Bass isn't in it right? Haven't seen him in the Variant Covers.

Aw man.. I wanted to see Bass. I mean he IS one of the original villains in Mega Man series... :C *sigh* maybe someday...

Aw man.. I wanted to see Bass. I mean he IS one of the original villains in Mega Man series... :C *sigh* maybe someday...

I'm not sure if he's in Worlds Unite or not. Just that he's not on the Cover doesn't mean anything but...who knows? He's pretty cool. Made a good Team-Up with Metal Sonic.

I know! :D (though their "Team" didn't last long as seen in the Worlds Collide) Still great though.

H'm so we have Roll as a contender now? I need something like a gif from tatsunoko vs capcom right now... because roll is in that game, yes yes...

While it's a little disappointing that Bass won't be in the crossover, it makes sense why he isn't. After all, we haven't reached 'Mega Man 7' yet, and there doesn't seem to be any major time-skip for Mega Man's world this time around (hence why we have Break Man still). Plus, I'd rather wait to see Bass created than see him just thrown in for another crossover. Anyway, I come bearing news from the Bumbleking forums and its leader, Ian Flynn. Some of you might recall, back in Sonic #252, that NICOLE mentioned a "first wave" stripping Naugus of his magic (kinda similar to the after-effect he suffered in the old world). Someone on the forums recently asked if this 'first wave' was the one that kicked off 'Worlds Collide' in the new continuity, instead of 'Genesis'. This was Ian Flynn's response to the question:

Nope. Genesis Wave > "Genesis" arc > ??? > Worlds Collide > Shattered World Crisis > Worlds Unite.

That "???" will be covered pretty early in "Worlds Unite."

EDIT: I think what's tripping up some folks is trying to see where the transition from the old continuity fits into it all. Don't think like that. It's gone, cut off, entombed, fondly remembered but gone. My plotting for the book is now 100% new continuity. That's the only thing that counts. That's in part to try to keep things simple, and in part to prevent another Pendering.

This means that 'Genesis' AND 'Worlds Collide' canonically happened in the new continuity too. So at some point before #252's events (in the 'new' world):

- Eggman had a Chaos Emerald (most likely the blue one, of course) that he used to reset the world with a Genesis Wave.

- The events of 'Genesis' more-or-less happen exactly as they did in the Graphic Novel (re-telling of Sonic 1&2 with the Freedom Fighters).

- Everything is restored back to normal, but Naugus loses his magic as an after-effect. The blue Emerald disappears.

- While Ian says the '???' part will be revealed early on in 'Worlds Unite', for now I'm guessing that Wily still finds the blue Emerald before the events of 'Blackout'.

- Something happens during this time (I'll leave this blank, since it'll be revealed soon anyway) at least involving Eggman and Wily teaming up.

- A second Genesis Wave is fired, kicking off the events of 'Worlds Collide'. Again, this goes more-or-less exactly like it did in the Graphic Novel.

- Mega Man and his world are restored back to normal, and nobody remembers the crossover. I'd imagine this stays the same for simplicity's sake.

- Sonic 'restores' his world too, but Eggman's interference causes the planet to shatter when they return. (Note that there is no 'old continuity' in this version.)

I know that last one doesn't make too much sense, considering Sonic's state in #252 and 'Countdown to Chaos', but that's how things are now. Again, as Ian has pointed out in his post, there basically IS NO old continuity anymore. Nothing about it is connected to the new one anymore. It's done, kaput. End of the line.

While it's a little disappointing that Bass won't be in the crossover, it makes sense why he isn't. After all, we haven't reached 'Mega Man 7' yet, and there doesn't seem to be any major time-skip for Mega Man's world this time around (hence why we have Break Man still). Plus, I'd rather wait to see Bass created than see him just thrown in for another crossover. Anyway, I come bearing news from the Bumbleking forums and its leader, Ian Flynn. Some of you might recall, back in Sonic #252, that NICOLE mentioned a "first wave" stripping Naugus of his magic (kinda similar to the after-effect he suffered in the old world). Someone on the forums recently asked if this 'first wave' was the one that kicked off 'Worlds Collide' in the new continuity, instead of 'Genesis'. This was Ian Flynn's response to the question:

This means that 'Genesis' AND 'Worlds Collide' canonically happened in the new continuity too. So at some point before #252's events (in the 'new' world):

- Eggman had a Chaos Emerald (most likely the blue one, of course) that he used to reset the world with a Genesis Wave.

- The events of 'Genesis' more-or-less happen exactly as they did in the Graphic Novel (re-telling of Sonic 1&2 with the Freedom Fighters).

- Everything is restored back to normal, but Naugus loses his magic as an after-effect. The blue Emerald disappears.

- While Ian says the '???' part will be revealed early on in 'Worlds Unite', for now I'm guessing that Wily still finds the blue Emerald before the events of 'Blackout'.

- Something happens during this time (I'll leave this blank, since it'll be revealed soon anyway) at least involving Eggman and Wily teaming up.

- A second Genesis Wave is fired, kicking off the events of 'Worlds Collide'. Again, this goes more-or-less exactly like it did in the Graphic Novel.

- Mega Man and his world are restored back to normal, and nobody remembers the crossover. I'd imagine this stays the same for simplicity's sake.

- Sonic 'restores' his world too, but Eggman's interference causes the planet to shatter when they return. (Note that there is no 'old continuity' in this version.)

I know that last one doesn't make too much sense, considering Sonic's state in #252 and 'Countdown to Chaos', but that's how things are now. Again, as Ian has pointed out in his post, there basically IS NO old continuity anymore. Nothing about it is connected to the new one anymore. It's done, kaput. End of the line.

That sound like a lazy way of telling everyone to shut up about the old continuity while he can continue to played the whole old world doesn't exist anymore mumbo jumbo he still have to explain to some people about the old continuity connect to the new continuity.

Me I need a little more then No old continuity or that pendering bull crap that I could care less about if theirs no old continuity then sonic and eggman shouldn't remember anything from the old timeline which made the whole point of countdown to chaos extremely pointless 

Edited by Blue Comet

which made the whole point of countdown to chaos extremely pointless 

The point was to introduce the new worlds and versions of the characters to the readers.  The memory thing was merely an excuse to do so.