NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

I heard that Mega Man X and the boom characters are going to show up.

Yeah, with those characters showing up too, I'm now a bit worried that Worlds Unite might end up feeling a bit cluttered, impacting the overall quality of the story.

Wait... do you mean the Boom characters AND the regular series as well as the original Megaman AND Megaman X???

That will be really cluttered

This has gone from "to soon since the last one but could be fun" to "this is an overstuffed turkey"

Alright, let me just fish out the image for you guys... Ah, there we go. Here's Sticks vs. X in a staring contest:

worldscollide2.jpg

So now it's a four-way crossover?! Boy, this is gonna be painful to keep up with. And if X is involved too... I honestly don't see anyone remembering these events once it's over. (Well, maybe Sonic and Mega Man will remember each other's worlds afterwards, and maybe the Boomverse too, but that's about it.) What I really want to know, above all else is... what kind of threat would need the combined efforts of the Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters, Boom Crew AND Maverick Hunters to defeat?!

I... really think 4 is too much to give a decent crossover if they include many characters like I suspect they will. It's just too many things to keep up with and it's untidy

I'm not hyped for seeing what this will bring

Do you guys think there'll be a lot of jokes with the villains? I could see the two Eggmen seeing each other as quite opposite (one shatters his entire planet, while the other contemplates eating pork chops) and Wily acting as the middle-man to the two of them (he's not as extreme as Archie!Eggman, nor as goofy as Boom!Eggman). Then there's Xander Payne, who at this point might as well be "the one guy who technically knows of each world/timeline's existence (besides Boom)". I doubt that Sigma will play a villainous role, unless the events happen just before MMX1 or after The Day of Sigma, so maybe he'll just be a supporting character? Who knows.

Actually... I could see both Eggman's naming a robot that doesn't burn "Burnbot" so perhaps not s opposite to me

But then again... I can see your point so it's possible

Jeez, next Summer's going to be pretty hectic... I'm pretty cautious with my optimism on this one. Ian actually said this crossover will have a "monstrous cast", so this maybe a little too cluttered, despite my love of large casts. But if it the speculation is true and this bad boy does turn out to be a 16 part saga, then there may just be enough space for everyone to have their moments in this.

One thing I'd like to know now is who's on the art team for this event?

oh my god... Sonic Boom characters in this crossover?? o_o I really think that might not be so good idea.. this just makes things far too complicated.. things are already a bit "difficult" in both worlds so why add third wheel in this one too? this just end in disaster... (so in other words = Sonic's current timeline gets even more shattered, Sonic Boom's world in a mess and Mega Man's world faces the biggest crisis ever) I can already see this happening.. I mean we all saw what happened to Sonic's world so if this happens.. what stops Eggman, Xander and Wily from making things difficult once again??

the only thing im thinking about is how archie knuckles would feel about his boom counterpart

At least it will be it's own mini-series and not throughout Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Mega Man, AND Sonic Boom comics! lol

At least it will be it's own mini-series and not throughout Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Mega Man, AND Sonic Boom comics! lol

Yeah, though I wonder what they'll be doing in the main books while Worlds Collide is going on.

The real question is how can you make a 4 way crossover while giving everybody their own screen time.

Yeah, though I wonder what they'll be doing in the main books while Worlds Collide is going on.

The story will probably continue on as normal. It would surprise me if it didn't

The real question is how can you make a 4 way crossover while giving everybody their own screen time.

I'm with you on this one

I'm a little late to the party; but, a 4 way cross-over? I can sense a very large... Messy... Clutered... Mini series. Don't get me wrong, i'm not completely against the idea! But isn't it just a little to soon for another Mega Man Sonic cross-over? I'm curious to see how a 4 way cross-over will work out with the Boom, Archie Sonic, X, and Mega Man characters will play out, but i'm also a little iffy about it as well. It's definitely going to be worth a read just to see how it'll unfold, but i'll be walking into this arc with caution.

This crossover was a little bit to early I think they should of waited a while before doing another crossover people are still recovering from worlds collide and the Archie sonic reboot and also sonic boom is still new so it shouldn't be getting a crossover yet they should of done was sonic x and mega man x since sonic x been around since 2003 it makes a lot of sense.

This crossover was a little bit to early I think they should of waited a while before doing another crossover people are still recovering from worlds collide and the Archie sonic reboot and also sonic boom is still new so it shouldn't be getting a crossover yet they should of done was sonic x and mega man x since sonic x been around since 2003 it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Honestly though, I didn't mind too much the time span between the two and still don't. If anything, waiting until the people Adjust is just as bad. Because then the moment they do and this happens, they'd frown and worry that, after finally getting settled in and used to it, they'd change up the universe yet again. Granted, unless "He-whose-name-we-shall-not-speak-of" comes around and suddenly changes his mind in regards to his characters (And debatably even if he did.), there's no reason to pull that ending stunt a second time.

It's that they're doing this at all that I had a problem with. I liked the Crossover, I liked the idea, and while the execution wasn't perfect, (It was one-sided, which is NEVER a good thing.) I still think it wasn't bad. That said however, I didn't think there would be any new path to tread on, especially so soon after this. Yes, Xander is the new villain (As far as I know.) But what can he really do that's worth both Sonic and Megaman's attention? Moreover, what would stop this from being "a slightly-different Worlds Collide"?

The keyword being "Had". Then I heard Sonic Boom and X were coming and...Well, My general reaction was, and still is:

tumblr_n7rohbXlkJ1s9yy41o2_500.gif

And not in a good way.

I'll admit, I'd LOVE to see the Megaman X universe or even just the characters of said universe again. Putting them in this crossover is worth it if it means seeing X and Zero and maybe even Sigma and Vile once more. But Sonic Boom? ...Comic Sonic Boom? ...Ian Flynn's Sonic Boom?

VIReh.gif

I'm with Blue Comet, I would much rather see Sonic X get in this crossover. Not just because of the good point that Sonic Boom has yet to live long enough to warrant a crossover, and not just because the point of there being four different universes to consider in this crossover event potentially making it become quite a mess, but also because of my own personal...*Ahem*.,. "Dislike" of the Flynn Boom comic.

Still I'll probably read it here; it'd be unfair if I didn't at least give it a chance.

Er, actually...

I don't know where the "limited series" angle is coming from - a wire got crossed somewhere, I guess.

"Worlds Unite" will be featured in the regular comics like before. I can't get into anything else - don't want to steal their thunder in NYCC - but it isn't going to be a separate limited series.

Granted, this was early in the announcement, and before Boom and X were confirmed to be involved, but he hasn't said anything deconfirming his comment since then. So as of right now: No, it isn't a separate series. It WILL be taking over STH, Universe, Mega Man and Boom next year. Sorry guys, but it's probably just easier for them that way.

This... is... way... too... early...

Seriously, we've already had 2 Genesis waves, one of which bringing on the first World's Collide, but now we have another one... it's too much... I suspect there will be much fan hatred, and right now I'm giving off a bit myself...

*Sighs* I'll see what comes up. I'm very disappointed but I'll try to be open-minded

Maybe Worlds Unite will be more of a good read when it's over? I mean, when Genesis was being released, people couldn't stand it because it deviated from the main plot. Same thing with Worlds Collide and it's possibly the same thing here. It's said this won't interfere with the main plots when its released, but that doesn't change the fact that it will lend a heavy hand in influencing the stories we're reading now. Hopefully when it's over we'll find it more enjoyable, but as of now, it looks too soon.

I think what's really going to hurt this crossover is fans who are worried the same thing that happen after worlds collide will happen again.

There's no way that's going to happen. I think Archie know better than to have that happen

*facedesk*

Okay guys, wanna know what this is. A way to get fans to buy 5 series of comics. That's all.

There is no good creative sense in this, only a short sighted business sense. Or maybe hoping that after the cross-over readers who are new to say Boom or X will keep reading. And therefore make more money.

This is a big misstep. as most people above have pointed out.

meh.. mistake or not... I take what I can get... and I love reading the story anyways.. let's see where this goes... :D