Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Jest

Suggestion, possibly the first of many...

4 posts in this topic

Normally this may have to fall into the Community section, but since I can't post any topics in that section, I'll have to place it here.

Now, I don't want to be the Amadeus Prower of the forums; immediately planning a revolution and a change of Status Quo after just being here for a few days, but I figured this was the best place to start in my attempts to liven up the place. I understand you guys have a system, and it's working, albeit to a small degree. I understand that the side opposite to this one (The one of Russian Language) is the original side, and that this side is basically the inferior side.

Even still, is there anyway to merge them together, rather than separating them in half like they are? Some kind of way to put the activity from that side, and placing it to the activity on this one?

What's also understandable, and I get, is that this place was originally designed for the guests to read the comics. Most of the guests' only reason to be here was the comics. (I say most out of an assumption, I won't speak for them, and I'm sure there are guests who come here for other reasons entirely.) But now that they HAVE to be members to get to the comics. It would be highly recommended to upgrade this area to at least being the Russian side's equal. It helps the members who come here to read the comics and need something to do when there's a Comic Gap. I'm certain it would help you, the Staff, as the more members and activity this place, gets the more money this place gets. (Though I'm assuming this is one of those sites where you have to pay for its appearance.) I'd safely consider it the best of both worlds. ...Or 4 if you count the Russian side as well.

At the very least, I would like somebody to bring in the forums games section here for us. More specifically, the Party Games and RP section. That way there is something for myself and others to cut loose into and enjoy.

I see. Well, as I said, Adding the Forum game section and both things within it would be a start. As I have experienced even here with the Russian area, RPs usually can bring in quite the activity. It's not much, but it'd be a start. Most of my allies are RPers like myself. So it can be a great boost to the influencing if it's added.

As for the Stadium and what-not. ...I don't know anything about your previous guests so I can't speak for them, but they are now required to join in order to access your treasure trove. Most of these guests, could be a bunch of english-speakers who wish to join only for the comics, and probably don't even know about Stadium or those other big places you speak of.

The RP may not be unique, but it sure as hell can be used to our advantage.

Actually, it would also help if ALL the places from he Russian area were shipped to this one. By shipped, of course, I mean copied from that side and pasted to this one.

Even still, is there anyway to merge them together, rather than separating them in half like they are? Some kind of way to put the activity from that side, and placing it to the activity on this one?

What's also understandable, and I get, is that this place was originally designed for the guests to read the comics. Most of the guests' only reason to be here was the comics. (I say most out of an assumption, I won't speak for them, and I'm sure there are guests who come here for other reasons entirely.) But now that they HAVE to be members to get to the comics. It would be highly recommended to upgrade this area to at least being the Russian side's equal. It helps the members who come here to read the comics and need something to do when there's a Comic Gap.

The idea of merging the forums made me interested, but I doubt that will work. It would be a mess if we put all the sections from Russian and English boards onto one. We've thought about "transfering" the activity, but as Lunar has already explained, only a few can speak both languages good enough to participate.

Actually Russian community had already existed before comics section was opened. It was more in a effort to let our fellow fans know that Sonic is not just about the games and there is another beautiful Sonic world. However, a lot of foreign people started to find us for comics and gallery. English version was an another experiment, and as you see, mostly failed one. I see Lunar's point why. Still, it would be nice if we could unite the comic-reading userbase we already have as a community.

Actually, it would also help if ALL the places from he Russian area were shipped to this one. By shipped, of course, I mean copied from that side and pasted to this one.

It's possible to do so, but the idea was not to have too much areas with a few topics. Though I'll create some here.