Lena Stan Account

What Anti-Virus Program Do You Use?

20 posts in this topic

Answer the title.

I don't use any of them XD But in the past I had a Avast for my laptop.

I use AVG moatly as well as Iobit (I think its called). If there are big problems with my computer I call upon Trend Micro

I use AVAST for antivirus, though I'm on the lookout for something better. I used to use AVG, but one of their past updates created a nasty memory leak in the software that cause system slowdown while it was running to the point of my PC being almost unusable. Same goes for Norton, though Norton's always been more than a bit of a resource-hog.

I use AVG. I have a slight CPU issue when it updates (my main computer slows slightly, and my netbook just has to be left alone) but other than that it's fine on my machines.

Have Kaspersky for my laptop (my dad bought it... it's expensive and it works terrible). Don't really need a anti virus much cuz my internet usage is safe enough.

Though if you find one that works like a charm, I am all ears!

Avast has never failed me. I've heard pretty lackluster things about AVG but it's better than a lot of antiviruses out there. Like McAfee, for instance.

Ever since I got my Laptop, I decided to go for one particular paid anti-virus guard that helped me with my computer before: Kaspersky. Specifically Kaspersky Pure 3.0

Ever since I got my Laptop, I decided to go for one particular paid anti-virus guard that helped me with my computer before: Kaspersky. Specifically Kaspersky Pure 3.0

Used Kaspersky, I was happy until the BSOD* came...restore deleted it.

I went for quick heal for our new PC, it was...nice, I guess, but BSOD* had to blow it up again. So yeah, have pre installed MacAfree or whatever you call it...it's really irritating me.

*Blue screen of Death

My ex used Kaspersky for a while, before a botched update made it go haywire and corrupt all her files. She had to system restore.

I just use AVG, though putting adblock on your browsers also helps lowering chances of a virus. At least for me it does.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Version, I think. However, I do also use a superscript add-on for Mozilla Firefox, so my visiting websites is really safe.

Clam.

Totally free, open-source, runs nice and fast. 

Availiable for mac windows and linux.

Edited by Miles_Prower

I heard good things about Malware Bytes, but you have to pay for it. Though there is a trial. I don't recommend using AVG tho, it's trash honestly.

Edited by CosmicEternity

To be fair... It used to be better before AVG Zen came out. At least to me. I cant afford non free ones but between that and Avast I still pick AVG ('cause my mom has avast and its caused her many problems)