Skye Prower

Comic Reading Guide (Sonic the Hedgehog Archie Series)

67 posts in this topic

Issue 252. It says it on the guide on the first page of this topic :P 

And what do you mean new design

1 person likes this

Better drawing style is a matter of opinion. I don't know when certain artists stop working on the comic nor what kind of style would count as better for you. It's something you'll need to find out as you read

In terms of guides, it's up to you what one you use. I would say it's a little rude posting on the another guide's topic saying "this one is better" when someone's put work into the guide here

(Also... I don't think the Sonic kids ones are good ones to start off on. They work better for when you've read a few of the comics. That's my personal opinion though)

Nice to know my work is apprechiated...

However, there is a fundimental difference between the two guides.  The Archie Sonic Online one has every story in chronlogical order, which means a lot of jumping all over the place as you read.  Whereas the one here is more following the order the comics, and where they intersect with each other.

I can see the appeal of the timeline version, but it's a lot harder to read.  And means that sometimes wierd things from the early comics that can usually be handwave as 'early installement weirdness' are a bit harder to ignore.

1 person likes this

I know you might not see this but oh my god, thank you for this. I've wanted to get into the comics forever and then I found this website and was still just like. Ah....where do I start what is the BEST WAY AND NOW HERE YOU ARE thanks buddy!!

Thanks!  I hope it helps!

1 person likes this

Just popping in again as I am wondering when this will be updated. No pressure, sorry if I am being too pushy, I'm just really enjoying these comics and I don't want em' to end!

Edited by HazzaHog

Well... aren't most of the newer comics just read them in the order they come out o_o

Well... aren't most of the newer comics just read them in the order they come out o_o

Yeah, but the guide kinda stopped mid-crossover, so I'm a bit stuck.

I've fallen a bit behind with the comics tbh.  Once I catch up, I'll update the list.

As for the crossover, the order goes:

Sonic Universe -> Sonic Boom -> Sonic the Hedgehog -> Mega Man -> repeat.  Hope that helps.

Thanks! Is that the same order for Worlds Unite and Worlds Collide?

That's for Unite.  Collide doesn't have Boom in it, and it's already on the reading list.

I'm just going to change the subject a little and say how every recent issue (even stand-alone ones) has a recap at the beginning, and footnotes for who each character is, including Sonic. That way, you can just read the latest one and even if you're kind of lost you'll still be able to understand some of it thanks to the exposition. As of this writing, Sonic #285 and SU #88 are the most recent issues, so read them if you just want to just get to the latest story.

Yeah... but kind of the point is that people want to read the comics. It's more interesting than some written recap ;)

If you mean the bodyswap story, I'm pretty sure that was published again later in one of the Sonic Super Specials, so it will be on the reading list at some point.

If you mean the Off Panel, those are just fun little asides.