Skye Prower

Comic Reading Guide (Sonic the Hedgehog Archie Series)

67 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for this! I'm in the process of reading the comics from the very start and was looking for a list like this!

No problem, thank you. I'm really surprised there doesn't seems to be more of these lists out there!

Does it really need an update? Rest of the order isn't so hard to follow. Just interchanging between Sonic Univsrse and the main comic

I was waiting until the start of World's Unite to update.  Once that has begun it will be easier to see where all the arcs fit together.

Other than that, until Spark of Life, you could pretty much ready Sth and SU alternatile and have the continuity work fine.

Sorry if this annoys you or anything, as I'm new here but could you perhaps update this?

Thanks in advance, Hazza.  ;)

I will soon.  Have a week off work coming up so hope to do it then.... and do more reviews.... and catch up on those art requests.... and.... and...

Ahem, though, from the point the guide ends most of the issues can be read as they come.  The last SU issue is about the only wrinkle there.

Oh okay, thanks! No rush though as I'm only about 1/8th of the way through hehe.

Comic Guide is updated to this current point in time, except for the FCBD 2015 issue as it is currently not uploaded on the site.

Thanks! Now I can live with no doubt in my mind, like Sanic and his fastness.

Where would the most recent comics fit in?

Edited by YoghNess

Pretty much read them as the come for now, as Mega Man and Boom have stopped, and the Silver Age SU arc is separate from the main series.

wow! i was going to do something like this but you saved me a lot of time. thanks!

(Mod note: Just going to edit out the horrific quote on this post... there)

No problem.  I just hope it proves useful.

I've been willing to start from scratch for a long time, but the idea felt a bit overwhelming given the amount of different comics. 
With this, I can finally go for it. Thanks a lot! 

No problem.  Hope it helps!

Hey, it's been a while but I was just wondering if you'll update this again if you can ever find the time to? (No pressure, don't worry!) Oh, and a mistake I found is that you skipped the Sonic Super Specials #6 and #7, do they fit into the story or am I wrong and you kept them out on purpose?

Edit: Oops, I noticed that you put in SSS #6 as a fill-in for StH #50, still don't see #7 tho.

Edited by HazzaHog
Overlook

I should update this yep given that it stops half way through the crossover.  Though so far post crossover it has pretty much been a case of 'read them as they come'.

As for the Sonic Super Specials, #3 is missed out because it is just reprints, #6 is, as you noticed, an extended edition of StH #50.  As for #7, its this cross-over comic with... I think Image comics but could be wrong there.  Personally, I feel it's really dire.  But it doesn't fit within continuity anyway,

Ah okay, I'm looking forward to the update though, thanks for replying so quickly as well.

And if I were to read SSS #7, could I just read it anywhere?

If you read it between SSS #5 and #8 it should fit in there.  But aside from a couple of minor scenes at the start it doesn't really follow continuity. 

Hi I would like to know to order to this and the tv show.

Do I need to watch the adventure of Sonic before this , Sonic Satam and Sonic Underground and Sonic X and Sonic Boom

Which order I need to watch these along with the archie comic or its non canon to the tv show ??

Actually the TV shows are kind of their own thing. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground have pretty much no relation to the comics (besides that one issue for Sonic Underground and the appearances of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog characters)

Sonic SatAM, while it has the same characters, the story doesn't fit into the comics (for example, Naugus isn't quite the same between the comics and SatAM)

Sonic Boom... is pretty much just it's own thing. It works with the Sonic Boom comics a little but the show is kind of designed to not have a continuity. So you're free to watch it whenever

Sonic X is the only one you might need to look at for some of the references... but only with the Sonic X comic. And... well... I don't think many have a set order besides all 40 comics being before the end of the second season

1 person likes this

Actually the TV shows are kind of their own thing. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground have pretty much no relation to the comics (besides that one issue for Sonic Underground and the appearances of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog characters)

Sonic SatAM, while it has the same characters, the story doesn't fit into the comics (for example, Naugus isn't quite the same between the comics and SatAM)

Sonic Boom... is pretty much just it's own thing. It works with the Sonic Boom comics a little but the show is kind of designed to not have a continuity. So you're free to watch it whenever

Sonic X is the only one you might need to look at for some of the references... but only with the Sonic X comic. And... well... I don't think many have a set order besides all 40 comics being before the end of the second season

Thank you for this information.

outopic : Which serie should you recommand me to read the Archie Series or the Fleetways Series ? 

Which series? Both ;P

Really though, it depends on what you like. If you're interested in seeing evil super Sonic and are happy going through many many side stories...go with Fleetway. If you want something a little less... all over the place (can't think of a good word), go with Archie. Personally I prefer the Archie series of the two

1 person likes this

On Archie version. I learn that there was a reboot. On which issue the reboot start?

edit : Where the the new design appear?

Edited by SonicSatam