Shadow

Metroid!

8 posts in this topic

mph_desk_800x600-700961.jpg

Metroid, another glorious franchise by game creator Nintendo. Unfortunately, this is also one of these franchise that I just don't have too much experience with. Soo... discuss right away! I have nothing :3

This thread was here and no one told me about it?!

Ok. So far now I have Played : Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Hunters. I'm Planning on getting Prime 2 Dark Echoes.

I Really like Metroid Prime (Since I love open world games.) The game had few "Bosses" but they make up for this by being challenging. The game will let you search the world and find your goal yourself but if you have a certain option On and wander around enough in the game you'll get a clue about where you should go. (All Hail Plasma Beam!!)

Metroid Fusion Is the second Metroid game I got. I must say that it is longer and harder than Zero Mission. In this game your again Samus with a new excuse to lose her armor parts. Some crazy aliens named X parasites have messed her power suit up. This time Samus is not alone and you can see her talking (Which I think is done in only this game and the Other M). That SA-X was really creepy when she followed you.

Metroid Zero Mission was quite good but only had three worthy bosses (The only boss that had me near death was Ridley). This is about Samus's first mission (If I'm not mistaken) that she invades planet Zebes, Pirates home planet to destroy ThE MoThEr BrAiN! (She really was a piece of cake).

Metroid Prime Hunters is the only one I haven't finished yet. It's almost like Metroid Prime with different places and weapons. In this game samus doesn't lose any of her power suits parts and the only things you collect are other types of weapons (Even though it's not as satisfying as getting the power ups in other games and beating the hell out of others with them).

Me being a big Metroid fan, have played and beat every Metroid game except 2, Prime 3, Prime Hunters and Pinball. I'm kind of in the same boat as NMS, with my favorite Metroid being Prime 1. Prime 1 feels sort of like a classic Sonic game to me, by means of how you get to the Impact Crater. What I mean, is the game is built around sequence breaking sort of like Super Metroid, and if you know what you're doing, you can get the Space Jump first and go straight to get the Ice Beam. Prime 1 is full of things like that! It's about how you get to the Impact Crater.

Super Metroid is also anothef fantastic Metroid game, and one of my favorite games (Quite possibly because I like the Metroid-Vania style)! I love how non-linear it is and how you can go near anywhere right from the time you land on Zebes. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from skipping bosses as well (Like Spore Spawn).

The music is simply marvellous! If I were to go on about what I like about the series, you'd be here all day! Good games.

1 person likes this

I enjoy me some Metroid!

I loved Super Metroid back in the day and Zero Mission was amazing as well. I'm not big on FPS so I've kind of stayed away from the Prime series...

I love Metroid despite sucking at it ^^;

I play the games online due to not owning any of the correct consoles and I've played Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission. Fusion's my favourite since I'm used to more linear games.

Metroid is by far my favorite video game series, but I only really liked the 2D ones. The Prime games are kind of clunky, and I feel that Metroid doesn't really work in first-person. Though I wouldn't say the Prime games are bad so much as they are mediocre. Honestly, the only game in the series I would consider bad is Other M, and it's not even just bad, it's horrendous. Especially if you compare it to Super Metroid, (my favorite game in the series and my favorite game overall) which Other M was a direct sequel to.

Funny thing: I just started the first Metroid, because I never really had true experiences with this game. Just a few short plays, that's all. But... I'm having a good time. I had to get used to it (I died a lot at first), but now it's pretty manageable.

Ah Metroid.. I haven't played it in a looong time.. Though I remember it was difficult for me to play xD (Well I was a little kid and then I wasn't really good in English so..) Wonder what happened to the game.. We still have our old Nintendo but I have no idea where it is.. And I certainly don't know where our Metroid is ;_______; But my Brother said if I ever find it I should check if it has this special marking on it.. Since it COULD be valuable.. (Though so far none of our games had the mark on them... And neither did our Nintendo..)