Shadow

Super Smash Bros!

69 posts in this topic

53853-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u.png

(Note: This is not the official box art)

-------------------------------------------------------

This is the general thread for Super Smash Bros! Here you can discuss anything related to the franchise and post news/pictures of the day/other newly released information.

Soo... the last revealed characters were Captain Falcon, Lucina and Robin! I'm.. pretty excited for the three of them. Of course, Captain Falcon was a given. Smash Bros wouldn't be complete without him. The other two were unexpected (everybody wanted Chrom, even though he does make an appearance in the game) but a nice addition nonetheless.

The addition of Lucina and Robin in the game has turned it to me from a 'nah' to 'I'm getting this as soon as I can'.

There are rumours floating around that there will be customisation options for Robin, which would be great, but I suspect that will turn out not to be the case.

That should be the cover! That picture is actually my lock screen on my phone lol

Smash bros is probably one of the games I've played the most in my lifetime. Ever since the 64, my cousins and I have been duking it out every time we meet up. I've mained pikachu since the beginning... but Mega Man might change things up...

Here's the official Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS box art, except the RP, which is could be unofficial rating.

b3066gyO7wMPSbQpfq-DpMhh8XPrCikl.png

I am actually "angry surprised", because the actual game will have no storyline and I think when they will have a crossover they have to bring more characters from other companies. I don't know who Shiek is or Darean is.

SNK Vs. Capcom and Marvel Vs. Capcom did a better job than Nintendo.

I am actually "angry surprised", because the actual game will have no storyline and I think when they will have a crossover they have to bring more characters from other companies. I don't know who Shiek is or Darean is.

SNK Vs. Capcom and Marvel Vs. Capcom did a better job than Nintendo.

And more Sonic characters, too, like Blaze the cat and vice versa.

Someone in Taiwan got the game 2 days early and did a livestream. He's shown 5 characters not revealed yet.

Falco, Dark Pit, Ness, Ganondorf and Duck Hunt Dog.

And... 2 more. Mr Game and Watch and Dr. Mario

I'm not kidding on the list XD Link to the stream: http://www.twitch.tv...ako/b/567409156 He'll be streaming again in 3 hours

UPDATE: Added 2 more to the list

Edited by Pearl98

Hmmm...

Dark Pit should have been an alt.

F*ck the Duck Hunt Dog. Really, f*ck him.

And what is the deal with THIS?

1610787_269024849975175_3229691209950257883_n.jpg?oh=2058babb2a2857f1e192219582df5680&oe=5495D93A&__gda__=1419038715_ae30f4e41477baba84d5b2040f1637fc

They downright mentioned that it will be very similar to Olimar. Then why the hell isn't he a skin or something? Am I seriously the only person alive who think half this roster is trash?

So far, these are 2 of my favorite soundtracks of Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS.

Hmmm...

Dark Pit should have been an alt.

F*ck the Duck Hunt Dog. Really, f*ck him.

And what is the deal with THIS?

1610787_269024849975175_3229691209950257883_n.jpg?oh=2058babb2a2857f1e192219582df5680&oe=5495D93A&__gda__=1419038715_ae30f4e41477baba84d5b2040f1637fc

They downright mentioned that it will be very similar to Olimar. Then why the hell isn't he a skin or something? Am I seriously the only person alive who think half this roster is trash?

Actually, from the streams I watched, Alph IS just an alt for Olimar. It's probably because he plays exactly like Olimar, but the other clones have their differences.

Jigglypuff and Bowser jr. have been unlocked. Sounds like we now know the full roster. I think Dark Pit and Dr. Mario shouldn't be there, their just clones.

Pics of Mega Man's Alt. costumes and customized moves have popped up, heres his alt. costumes:

tumblr_nbw7f8EvRd1sntotwo9_1280.png

and his customized moves are:

Hyper Bomb

Shadow Blade

Ice Slasher

Danger Wrap

Tornado Hold

Beat

Skull Barrier

Plant Barrier

Nice image Pearl! I usually use Pikachu with Ash's red cap, but for Mega Man, I can't decide! I may just play him as his usual blue self, but I definitely like the Rush Jet color.

I've been playing the Demo lately and luckily they have both Pikachu and Mega Man in it. Pikachu hasn't changed much like usual so I'm still good with him... which leaves me to play lots and lots of Mega Man! I have to say, I was worried about how he would play even though he looked so awesome... but now playing him and getting a feel for him, I think they did an amazing job at converting him into Smash. He may very well take Pikachu for my top spot...

Oh and the demo is out for everyone else this Friday, I believe.

Instead of ice slasher and hyper bomb, I would've chosen Fire Storm, rolling Cutter or Thunder Beam, they could also use Clock Hands, hardly anyone knows about it! Even though Mega Man doesn't equip it... I really can't wait to play the demo tomorrow! :D

I feel like Rolling Cutter should have been in there... Cutman is one the most popular of the robot masters, right?

I'm surprised Cut Man's the only original (other than Time Man and Oil Man) to not have some sort of appearance! Yes, he is probably the most popular robot master, so why isn't he anywhere? I was at least expecting a remix of his theme...

It is at the very least strange. Cut man even made appearances in Mega Man 8 (correct me if I'm wrong) and Mega Man X8. So why isn't he here?

Oh well, at least Elec man is here :3

Got any funny pics from when you paused the demo? Heres 2 funny pics I got

where_did_he_go___by_pearl98-d7zt0o6.jpg

10690340_874647015880662_3225305865084686373_n.jpg?oh=713c1d374d0304c8671f32de3d577c2e&oe=54C0EDBB&__gda__=1418199399_929394b6ccbb2b9d5da5e49ef1580ec6

UPDATE: If you thought the last ones weird, check this one out XD

10375114_874662815879082_2125943543873023353_n.jpg?oh=f74d2bd0aae57c20f7be3532c0c06e20&oe=54CAAA88&__gda__=1422679553_3da14eba10128dcefebe643b54b4a431

Edited by Pearl98

and his customized moves are:

Hyper Bomb

Shadow Blade

Ice Slasher

Danger Wrap

Tornado Hold

Beat

Skull Barrier

Plant Barrier

I am confused. Mega man has Spark, Leaf, Guts, Hard, Metal and Slashs Weapons....so when I choose one of those costumes (like the outfit from Skull) I have Skull Mans "Skull Shield" too?

It is at the very least strange. Cut man even made appearances in Mega Man 8 (correct me if I'm wrong) and Mega Man X8. So why isn't he here?

Cut Man was in Mega Man 1 and Mega Man Powered Up and so he is one of the 8 Original Robot Masters and those are really popular in the Mega Man Universe because it was like the beginning of the great adventures of the Blue Bomber ya' know?

He is not my favourite one of the Robot Master, so I am lucky with Elec Man.

....aaaaaand I have to wait for winter to get SSBB. Nintendo why?

I wish, but sadly no, you don't get the weapons the alt. costumes are from... The customized moves are weapons you unlock depending on what you win in Classic mode, when you unlock one you can change the normal weapon that is in the same input button as the customized move for instance you can change metal blade to either ice slasher or Shadow Blade.

Edited by Pearl98

So I got the game and omg is it amazing! They made Sonic much more crazier with his new moveset and stuff XD

They even balanced out his Final Smash. Anyone got any other characters they wanna talk about or the game itself?~

(Sidenote: The new mode is fun as hell too~ <3)

I love what they did with Zero Suit Samus. She's quickly becoming my new main.~

Man, the game is amazing! It's really all I've been doing since it came out. I've been going through Classic and Allstar with everyone, trying all the new characters out. It's interesting to see the changes to all the returning characters as well.

Smash run is really growing on me too. It's a lot better once you start using the Smash run powers to help you out. We'll all have to fight sometime!

I mostly go through Classic mode with either Mega Man (with his Thunder Beam alt. costume of course!) or Sonic. I've been also doing Smash Run with randomized characters, I also do Trophy Rush with Mega Man occasionally, I usually get at least 20 trophies from that.

Oh, and the release dates for the Wii U version have been revealed

North America: November 21st (the exact same day the Pokemon remakes come out XD)

Europe: December 5th

Japan: December 6th

Australia: December 7th

Lame the rest of the world get it later. Oh well, we got Hyrule Warriors first so I'm not really complaining :3