Shadow

Games that you recently finished

223 posts in this topic

Welp I finished the game today. Took me like 10 hours cause I got sidetracked..... now only 1% of the game to complete! (plus episode Shadow) gotta get those red star rings ya'll!

So.... aside from being short, how is it?

I've actually finished a few games since I last said anything here. But I is lazi. I'll go over a few of the games I finished recently

Zero Escape: 9 hours, 9 persons 9 doors

Played it on PC a while ago. It's an "escape the room" type game made by the same company as the Danganronpa games. You play as one of 9 participants who got kidnapped and trapped in what appears to be a ship. You get told you have 9 hours until the ship sinks to escape however most doors are locked. You all have numbers on your wrist that when added together can form digital roots for you to open some doors.

The rooms themselves vary in difficulty. Sometimes you just need to find objects to complete tasks. Other times you need to solve clues. Occasionally the problems can get annoying to solve but generally if you remember how to do digital roots and have some understanding of hexidecimal (0-F) you shouldn't have too much trouble. Lucky for me, I do computer science so knowing hexidecimal is a requirement for me ;)

The game has multiple endings. You can't "fail" but you can get bad endings where everyone dies and such (yes. There are people to watch out for). However, the different endings is explained and you are required to get one ending that isn't the "true ending" to complete the game. Although the explanation of different endings is... a little odd I still like how they've tried to explain it

Overall I really enjoyed this game. Although I find the Danganronpa games better I like how the characters are somewhat animated as they talk and how the voice acting is complete. It was a fun game to play

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Played this after completing the first Zero Escape game as this is the sequel. Again, it is an "escape the room" type game with even more endings (which they explain as well) than the first game and a little more organised with how the "game" is run. Similar to the first game, you are one of 9 participants kidnapped from a variety of dates. Two of the characters will look familiar from the first game. One of them especially as they were one of the participants (gotta feel bad for them getting thrown into another of these games)

The game has clearly gotten a few ideas from Danganronpa including a mascot who does puns 

latest?cb=20160404191816

Meet Zero III

However it still manages to me its own game instead of a Danganronpa ripoff

Similar to the first game, the rooms vary in difficulty, some being just find objects, some including solving problems. I remember I played one of the rooms and accidentally completed the room without doing everything I was meant to in it. I only realised at the end when I was missing something from the file you get

Unlike the first game, you only need two endings to complete the game. This one you need 9 to finish the game and you constantly need to reach certain points in the different timelines to be able to get passed certain points. I was lucky that the first ending I came across didn't need me to have finished another timeline to complete

It's difficult to tell which of the two games I enjoyed more. I lean more towards this one. There's a little bit more distrust towards the other participants compared to the first game which I like. I like that there's more to do and I like how little you need to do to get a different ending. And not everyone is as they seem. The third character ending I finished completely surprised me and had me questioning about the game quite a bit which is... I assume good. Despite these things. You really need to play the first game to truly appreciate the second game.

The only thing I would really say I prefer about the first game is the animation style. 3D models isn't automatically better than 2D. And I felt the 2D of the first game was nicer looking. And also

They never really explain why the main character, Sigma and who I would regard as the secondary character, Phi are the only two characters to have Greek alphabet names which aren't exactly common themselves. I mean what are the chances of those two both having names like that. However, I have not played the third game (because I can't. Stupid computer) so it's entirely possible it's explained there as I think both characters feature in that one too

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon 

WARNING: LOTS OF STORY TALKED ABOUT

I've only ever played one other Mystery dungeon game and I never finished it. So finishing Super Mystery Dungeon was a first for me. So to start off, you pick your character and your partner. I, of course, picked Fennekin as my main and Riolu as my partner. Because I want to be happy with who my characters are instead of picking pairings to give me an advantage. So then you're in the Pokemon world. You wake up, get attacked by some Be
heemen pokemon, get found by good ol' papa Nuzleaf and move into the village to meet your new neighbour. The hyperactive kid who is your partner. After a bunch of school adventures, the real adventures soon begin and you move to the Pokemon city to join the expedition society. Which was your partner's dream. Lots of adventures happen where you do expeditions which means people can join your team. It's very nice

However legendary Pokemon are getting turned to stone by a mysterious Pokemon (gee... I wonder how many Pokemon have that ability) and you investigate. Eventually travelling up a mountain to find some kind of fountain that I don't remember what it was for. I think it reverted the Pokemon back or something? However, you ultimately get betrayed by none other than 

papa Nuzleaf *Sniff* I trusted him! He was my papa and I loved him!

who in the end manages to turn you and most of the expedition society to stone. I don't remember everything that happens next. You do get brought back but I don't remember if you have to look for other members in the void that you get sent to when turned to stone or if that's later. I think you at somepoint get betrayed by 

Espurr, one of your schoolmates (the best one too). However they say were tricking the baddies so that they don't get turned to stone. I swear Espurr is the smartest character in this game 

but you eventually come to defeat the evil thing in the game... who would've been more fun if my partner didn't keep dying because he got confused or if he actually helped me defeat the evil thing instead of running away when one of his moves ran out and didn't come back even if I gave him an elixer. And then that's pretty much it. Well... besides the fact that

your partner casually tells you he's actually the legendary Pokemon Mew and f***s off leaving you alone and crying after you thought you would have to leave and then said you wanted to stay

which I really wasn't expecting as made me really sad. Tho I haven't played other Mystery Dungeon games so maybe it happens there too

So then there's the epilogue where you get to bring some of the other Pokemon to join your team including all of the legendaries. There's a little bit of story in regards to finding Mew because of reasons. And I appreciate how easy he is to catch after traversing in a particularly tricky dungeon where you don't get to pick an OP Pokemon to be your main or partner. I liked Mew. Mew was friendly and playful

Anyway... in regards to beating the bosses... some of those fights were so... dumb. I won the Mewtwo battle... WITH A SINGLE SHEDINJA. That shouldn't have been able to happen. The Reshiram and Zekron fight was super easy if you had Kyurem with his OP AoE move. Basically by the end of the game unless you seriously grind your characters, you are pretty much bringing in only the best ones you found. Ones like Mewtwo, Alakasm, Salamance and Ampharos. I was a little disappointed in the levelling system as even if I used those guys, they would barely level up however Pokemon that I never used got super levelled up without me using them. I legitimately had a level 100 Caterpie. I never used Caterpie once. Whereas I used Mewtwo whenever I could and he never reached level 100. I think even my main character Fennekin never made it up to level 70 and I tried to use him frequently

Then there were also the levels that decrease your level to level 5 and you have to make it through a difficult dungeon levelling up and stuff as you go along. I would say those levels were more annoying than the final Arceus one which had a ton of traps. As I could just use one of the treasures to stop traps triggering and the Pokemon couldn't one shot me. I basically had to bring one of three Pokemon if I wanted a chance at surviving the "start at level 5" levels. And two of those Pokemon were variants of Rotom and the last was a legendary

So... Super Mystery dungeon. Fun game and certainly playable but there were a few broken aspects that couldn't be won the way you want to win. Even so. I had fun with it

Fire Emblem: Echoes of Valentia 

After spending a while grinding for the act 6 boss and giving that dungeon ago yesterday evening and finishing it earlier today. I had never played a fire emblem game and for my first one, I would say it was very enjoyable. As much as running in and just seeing how things go is, I do enjoy trying to strategise attacks in games if it's worth trying

The game had some good story to it. I enjoyed listening to it as it went along and also got very pleased when I unlocked new characters to try out. I think by the time act 6 came about, a large portion of the characters I liked to use were newer ones rather than older ones. It's a little more difficult to say much about this game without spoiling too much about it, however I will label that the mercenary class final form is super OP. With the exception of one character who you don't have to make that particular class, the characters who are clerics really suck at the start. And with the exception of the three Pegasus sisters when you first get them, the Pegasus riders tend to suck as well

But overall it was fun. Probably would've enjoyed it a lot less had I picked classic mode where characters can die... but I didn't so I had a lot of fun being strategic. Would suggest this game

So.... aside from being short, how is it?

I mean I just played it and did nothing else so... Depends how you play, it could be longer. The game itself is great and offers in my opinion good platforming (although getting all those red star rings for bonus outfits and special levels can be quite frustrating, as is getting S-class on all levels), the music I LOVE, as well as the graphics. The voice acting (I chose Japanese language) was amazing as usual. I can't say it's the best game out there (I do think it's on the same level as Generations.) at least I enjoyed it as much as that. I think some of the levels could've been longer? Or Shadow's story at least. But it's nice still. and the SOS missions allow you to play as others avatar characters so that's cool. Depending on what gadget you use, the levels become either easier or a bit more difficult. (there are so many different Wispons.)

I would've liked if the levels had had other characters than just Sonic and Avatar since the story had almost everyone from the main cast, yet they only used them as advisors

Well I finished Sonic Forces, Story Wise. I still got to do some of the secret levels and collect the rest of the red star rings.

Done playing Resident Evil: Biohazard, now I feel like I am one of the infected zombies. LOL 

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night

Pretty much known as the best in series, So of course I tried it out. And gotta say that it isn't. Dawn Of Sorrow and Order Of Ecclesia easily surpass it. Which IS to be expected. I mean, not every franchise is like Sonic. The boss fights were rather easy and dull. (Must be the effects of Dark Souls/Hallow Knight/etc) The ONLY boss I actually had trouble with was Mr.Beelzebub. Drac was pretty pitiful as the final boss. Death was disappointing. I was expecting more from him since he WAS the third hardest if not second hardest boss after the final boss or that certain secret boss.

Pretty sure anyone at that time would have thought that this would be the final game in the timeline of the story, buuuuttt nope. Drac comes back again with the same ol' intents. Why? He was regretful for being a jerk to humans at the end.

Finished my first playthrough of Resident Evil 7. Took me 2 days to beat it. The game was pretty good honestly. I found the story pretty weak though (I don't play Resident Evil for the story). The whole FPS perspective through me off at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. I found the game captured the feeling of the original RE1 pretty nicely. I'm most likely going to revist the game to try and get more trophies because I'm that kind of person.

I beat another game. I got it yesterday as of this post... I finally got around to beating the sequel 20 years in the making of Link to the Past. That is right! I finally got my hands on a copy of A Link Between Worlds! Fantastic gameplay and solid story. The remixes of LttP music were great and the dungeons were head scratching and didn't overstay their welcome (Unlike a certain Ice Palace in Link to the Past...). The gameplay was also really solid. It was also great to revisit that particular style of Zelda. I really enjoyed the topdown perspective and the rebuild of the Link to the Past Hyule map. The games Dark World; Lorule, was also really fun to travel through. Getting 100% didn't take long at all and was an enjoyable experience. Almost makes me want to play Link to the Past again actually. I may do another Link Between Worlds playthrough on Hero Mode first, though.

Another first time beat for me! Resident Evil 4. I played the PS4 remaster. Fantastic game! The story was very Resident Evil-y, if you would call it that and was full of that cheesiness I love from the series. The gameplay was tight. The over the shoulder perspective with tank controls didn't get in the way of moving and aiming with Leon at all for me. The odd time it would switch control to Ashley took me out of the immersion a bit, but not enough to detract from the game as a whole. The boss fights were rather enjoyable and intense, for example the double El Gigante battle. The music set the perfect tone the game had. Frkm the more horror aspects at the begining to the more action based scenarios at the end. It was a comfortable ride all the way through, and I will definitely be playing the game through again. I can easily recommend Resi 4 to anyone looking for an overall fantastic game that they can just sit down and play.

Steins;Gate - It was awesome. Steins;Gate gives you a great experience. If you want to read a visual novel, I'll recommend you Steins;Gate. Tbh, I don't like listen to games' OST, but this game is an exception. Charachters and the story are really interesting. It's the first game that I don't want to leave.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 

I don't think I've played a game where I've been this unsure whether or not I like it. While there were parts I enjoyed when the end credits came up I was kind of unsatisfied. I'm not even sure how to approach my response to the game tbh as it's very mixed for me

The cases
The cases were interesting to solve. I liked finding clues and then linking it altogether. Sometimes it's annoying to find what I'm looking for though as you just need to go around and click on anything. And you can't continue until you've clicked everything but sometimes they're in an obscure or hardly noticeable place so I spent time wandering around the scene trying to find that one thing that I've missed even if I've gotten enough clues to understand what I'm doing and where to continue. It doesn't bother me too much though

The first 3 and I suppose the fourth have these 'action' sections which are terrible. They're all fairly different too so you can't really get used to them. And again, it doesn't explain what's going on. In the first one, one minute I was selecting where to go next, the next minute I was running away wounded as someone was shooting at me. Second one was even worse than the first. It stopped my liking of that case. The 4th one at least was somewhat entertaining. The better 'action' scene was the reason I ended up liking that one best

You could also get each case wrong and pick a different deduction to do which I found interesting. I didn't pick any of the wrong ones but I would've been somewhat interested to see what would've happened had I done so. The third one I was incredibly tempted to pick the wrong one

There was also a moral dilemma thing where you could either arrest the culprit or absolve them. I found that quite a neat idea but was also kind of surprised by it. I absolved the second and fourth one in the end. My problem with it though is in the 5th chapter I got criticised for absolving the culprits...even though the second died of poor health anyway and the fourth it was to save the daughter of the culprit... but they didn't criticise the other two cases decisions, they barely glossed over it. So I was pretty annoyed they did that. I would've been okay with it had they either made it clear I would've been criticised or if they all were criticised

Speaking of the end... I enjoyed the puzzles... but the main villain was pretty dumb imo. Kind of saw it coming since the beginning. And Holmes should've too at least after case 2. But he did nothing about it when he could have. So that is his fault really. Also... that kid was fairly spoiled. Didn't like her

Holmes himself didn't feel a real Sherlock Holmes to me. He wasn't as smart as other Sherlocks or as distant with other people. I guess it's a different version which I'll accept though. I did however enjoy dressing him up. Morning gown and top hat is perfect for solving mysteries. And of course if he needs to disguise his face, just put on glasses. No one would recognise him with glasses. That was really fun

So overall...action sucked, Holmes wasn't Holmes, moral dilemmas could've been better, dressing up Holmes was fun though and solving cases themselves was quite fun. So mixed for me overall

I finally got Persona 5 for Christmas and I just finished it for the SECOND time a couple days ago!

I beat Sonic CD... Again. This time on my Android phone! Not that great of an achievement. I kind of lost count of how many times I beat the game. :/

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. Totally didn't expect them to pull of a Edgeworth Investigation 2 "Face" Reveal in the 5th case. Who knew that was the phantom. Dx Shocckkkkkkk.

Dual Destinies was great, that moment is one of my favorites

After some practice runs, I beat Resident Evil 4 again. However, this was a bit different. I beat the game on Professional mode. For those who are familiar with Resident Evil, Professional mode is the highest difficulty setting in Resi 4. It was hard. But enjoyable. The boss fights were rather easy. It was the damage output was what caught me way off guard. So for the PS4 version, I have one more run of the game for bottle caps. After that I have all the trophies in the PS4 version.

I got around to beating another game. This is a new experience for me. This time it was Doom for the PS4, or Doom 2016. It's a new experience because I have never played a Doom game before. I've seen them in  action plenty of times, just never played one of the games. I've even seen the movie with Dwayne Johnson but never played an entry in the franchinse. It was an enjoyable first playthrough. It did get me curious about the rest of the franchise, just like Symphony of the Night did for me with Castlevania. So, I most likely will go checm out the oolder games in the Doom series.

1 person likes this

Ace Attorney Spirit Of Justice.

Welp. We have our fair share of cute witnesses and whatnot. We got Betty and Bonny, Owen, Armie and Rayfa. 

That Dhurke twist was insane. Apollo smashing his head into the table was like the final emotional push. T.T

Apollo's Finger Push at Ga'ran was just pure awesomeness.

I just went ahead and decided to beat Final Fantasy XV. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I actually really ended up liking Noctis. The overall story was pretty straightforward but rather deep. The gameplay was kind of awkward to get used to, but I got it. The soundtrack was beautiful! Seriously, can anyone direct me to that cover of Stand by Me at the beginning of the game? The ending was sooo good! I loved all 22 hours I poured into the game. Definitely a repeat playthrough in the near future.

1 person likes this

https://youtu.be/vv2DSmy3Tro 

Here ya go. I agree great soundtrack, Yoko Shimomura did a great job (also did the music for Kingdom Hearts).

Thank you! I easily fell in love with the OST. Easily ond of my favorite FF soundtracks. VII is still my favorite followed by XV.

Well I TECHNICALLY finished ONE of The Letter's Endings. sooo... this counts? xD Wasn't the true ending though, but welp, I'm on my way there.

I finally got around to 100%ing Soul Calibur II. The Merope Monastery is an evil place and I never want to see it again :( .

I finished Sonic Mania for the last time before the release of Mania Plus in a few hours from the time as of this post. I'll be getting Plus in around 8 hours. Gonna get me that beautiful case, art book, Mighty, Ray, and reversable cover.