Shadow

Games that you recently finished

223 posts in this topic

Finally pulled myself away from Smash/D3/HotS to finish Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric!  And honestly, I enjoyed myself. I didn't run into any more bugs(Though I played it with the patch they just released) and it's not a bad game at all.  I feel like a lot of the story or cut scenes were cut out because the story was really lacking in some parts. It wasn't really a Sonic game at all, but more of an adventure game with Sonic characters(kind of like how Star Fox Adventures was a Zelda game with Star Fox characters.) All in all, I've played much worse Sonic games and much better ones...

But now onto the 3DS one!

I beat Prince of Persia (2008), and it was fairly boring... And by that; I mean, easily the weakest game in the franchise. It's one game I will not be returning to unless it's for a Let's Play.

Just finished Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. It was a little slow compared to most of your 2D Sonic games, but I had fun with it. I'd just like to know where were all the boss fights in this game? lol

I recently finished pokemon black, Batman Arkham Origins, Mega Man 9,and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I finally completed Transformers: Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition 3DS game. \(^o^)/

181326_front.jpg

Dead or Alive Dimensions - Actually finished this a week ago, but eh, wanted to talk about this one. Kind of a story collection of the first four games, but I wouldn't recommend this game for the story. Actually, this is probably one of THE best games to introduce newbies to the fighting genre. I mean, having 2 screens really helps, with one having the combo's (which are also clickable with the stylus mind you). The difficulty at the beginning of the story is very low, and increases over time. As if the game is an entire learning story, which is pretty sweet. Heck, if you think this game doesn't have a challenge, you're wrong. The additional modes will provide you with plenty of challenges. The tag challenge mode for example is really out there trying to test your skills, with the final bosses of DOA3 and 4 being as overpowered as they were in their original games. And if any of you have played these games, you know what I mean. Overall a pretty solid game, and for me definitely the best fighting game on the 3ds so far.

Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Took me long enough. Granted, there were 30 storylines with each of them being at the very least 2 hours long. But never did I really feel bored, with a few exceptions. For a Warriors game, some of the enemies were way too overpowered. Golems for example (that alone should already give you an idea) have high and unbreakable defences, and even though you attack them, they will continue their attack. And they're strong too. I mean, every other enemy in the game at least live up to the Warriors kind of enemies. Most characters were fun to play as, with the exception of Caius (I'm sorry, wolfboy. You're a cool character, but you sucked in this game.) and Meanie Titree before he reached level 50. It's a shame I can't read Japanese fluently (I can understand it a bit, but not quite enough), though the serious scenario's mainly consisted of the original games their plot. The Comedical scenario's are a different story though, and I really want to know what was going on with them. I could make assumptions that most of them were about food and Martha being jealous of other girls which Emil talked about, but that's it. Combat's pretty good too. Overall, a pretty solid job as a Warriors game.

I beat Majora's Mask 3D, and I only raged at one part, the inside of the moon during the Snow Head and Great Bay challenges.

I just finished all the games on Kirby's dream collection.

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

I just finished Majora's Mask 3D. I had a three day weekend, so I thought it was fitting to finish it up during that haha. I actually finished it on the night of the final day too! I can definitely see why everyone loves that game, but I can't say it's one of my favorite Zelda games. I mean, they are all so good! It surly was a unique experience though, and it was interesting to see how they made a whole new adventure using almost all the same models and such from OoT.

Oh and I finally beat Toejam & Earl last night on random worlds! I beat it once before using a emulator and save states on the fixed worlds. With the kickstarter going, it made me want to go play it again... but I didn't expect to actually beat it. lol

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 - I never expected to have this much fun. I mean, my expectations were pretty low but for this to become my favorite game of this year so far means something. Like, it's miles ahead of every game I played this year. Fantasticly fun characters, great gameplay, mant distractions and diversions to do outside of the main quest, a lot of customization etc. It's also a game you don't play for the story, but at the same time you do. Don't expect this to be a deep story that drags you in. Expect it to be a story full of funny moments, and references to the history of gaming in general. That's another great point about the game: all the allusions to other games. Heck, the main characters are bases/designed after gaming consoles or companies.

Overall, don't judge a game before playing it like I did. I expected it to be an animu game full of boobies and stuff. Well, it kind of is but far more than just that. Give it a chance, you may just like it!

Also, IF and Falcom (ultradimension) waifus. I mean, Last Order is cute and all but these are some serious love interests yo.

I just beat Saints Row 4 last night. I liked SR3 a lot better, but it's still an absolutely ridiculous and incredibly fun game. Now I need to get the two DLC mission packs. :P

Got Final Fantasy VI down. The last battle was easier than I thought...

Beavis and Butthead (GB) - It sucks. Avoid it.

Kuru Kuru Kururin - This is actually one of the first GBA games I've ever owned. Never beaten it though, and now I remember why. This game is far from easy, though I can't speak for easy mode. What, I barely ever play on easy mode. Overall it's enjoyable though, while being frustrating at the same time. Game has some variating difficulty curves too, though the final level does test all the skills you have learned throughout the journey. I'm not geven going to bother with completing this game though. Taking no hits on stages? No thanks. Also, you guys should know the main helicopterstickthing from this game, as it is an assist trophy in Brawl.

Mhm, also got some Sonic Game Gear titles out of the way:

Sonic Labyrinth - It's actually not as bad as people say. I wouldn't call it a good game, hell no, but it has it's charm. Sonic is indeed slow, but the spin dash isn't so... it kind of compensates I suppose.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Started off really weak. I mean, I had no problem with the Antlion boss literally everybody is cursing about, but the first 3 zones of this game were just so boring and forgettable. Heck, the third zone can rot in hell for all I care for. You though Labyrinth zone was bad? Ha. Fortunately afterwards the stages got better, despite the fourth stage just being a Green Hill zone clone (It's called Green HillS zone, go figure). Aside from that it's alright, but nothing compared to the next two games.

Sonic Triple Trouble - I played Sonic Chaos first but I'll talk about that one later because I like it slightly more. Sonic Triple Trouble felt more like the Genesis games, and that's a good sign. The advantage STT has over Chaos are the stage designs, which are pretty good with special mention going to Sunset Park and Robuttnik Winter. The Special Stages were also pretty neat.

Sonic Chaos - The game I like the most of the 8-bit sonic games. Stages weren't too long and for the most part enjoyable, Special Stages were really fun, and it introduced Tails to the 8-bit games as playable character and several new upgrades.

Just finish playing Deadpool. The gameplay is a little bad but I'm a fan of the character so yeah.

I also finished playing Mega Man 10. I prefer 9 over 10 but still fun.

I just beat Ocarina of Time again. But this time it was OoT3D! And I beat it 100%. Next on my hit list is Master Quest.

I don't beat games very often for some reason... but the game that I beat most recently is Freedom Planet, three times. Almost four. 

Soul Blazer - What a fascinating game. Storywise it isn't anything special, but almost everything else is really good. Fun and fresh ideas, and the gameplay is really neat, though I could have lived with a wider sword range. The game was pretty easy overall, though the bosses provided a welcome challenge. Also really fun final battle, though also pretty easy. I can't wait to play the other 2 games in the series (Illusion of Time/Gaia and Terranigma), because if this is only the start, I'm really curious to see what these two will bring me.

Persona 3 Portable It was all goody but the last boss was like a joke....well I guess for someone who's LV is 92 and with Messiah at LV95.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World - Hoi v2.

You know that game in the series that is by many seen as one of the worst? Well, that's this one. Can't say I'm one of these people. Yes, DotnW has very clear flaws, which I can make an entire list of. And it does not live up to it's prequel, or the Tales standards in general. Which are pretty high, so I can't really blame the game. It has no cameo battles, no costumes, no overworld. The characters aren't anything special, though I have a weak spot for Marta due to how adorable she is. Decus and Alice suck. Sidequests are repetitive. Combat doesn't feel that good in comparison to the other 3d games. Monster system is good if you pay attention to it, but also has a few flaws.

And you know the best part? Despite everything above, I had a good time going through this game. No really, the only time I sat down and didn't want to play anymore was when I was too focussed on the sidequests, which I definitely won't recommend. The story isn't the best, but it at least makes tons of sense, like it explains how the world of Phantasia is nothing like the one from Symphonia, despite being the same universe. It also doesn't feel like they forced the Symphonia characters in, and you see them actually creating a bond with Emil and Marta. Mystic Artes look pretty good, especially Radiant Roar. The game has humor. Monster system is still better than Ni No Kunicrap. Actually, the game is still better than a lot of JRPGs.

Overall, the game has obvious flaws but it still provides a fun time. I'd even go as far as to say it competes with Xillia. Yeah, I just said that. It is my least favorite game in the series (it is for many people), and it is still a good game. And now I wonder why people still question my taste and the quality of the Tales franchise, because it's obviously better than most rpg franchises. This isn't even an opinion anymore, guys. Darn serious here.

Nghnh why is Marta so Darn adorable.

I recently finished playing: The Puppeteer with my friend :3 Really good game.

Finished Persona 4. The game finished when I kicked that eyeball. =_= I wanted to beat Izanami and get Izanagi no Okami. XD