Shadow

Games that you recently finished

223 posts in this topic

Here you can post the games you recently finished and discuss about it. Remember to use spoiler tags whenever you go into something related to the plot or anything further into the game.

Tales of Graces - Yes, I left the F out intentionally. I'll explain. Some of you might be aware that Tales of Graces F is actually a port/remaster thingy of the original, which came out on the Wii. The version I played, the PS3 version, had everything from the old game with an additional feature called the Lineage and Legacies playthrough. It's just a continuation of the story half a year after the original ended. I will definitely play this but for the time... I'm not sure.

The problem with Tales of Graces F is.... it's ridiculously long. I might have completed it in a week and half but that was mainly because I had three weeks free of work and I loved this game. Every hour I spent in this game was worth it. Well, probably not every hour but most of it. My playthrough ended at ~70 hours, but that does include moments when I paused the game to give the dog a walk and have dinner so... but It's still a long time. And while I'm not sure how long the new story takes... I dunno, I loved this game but I'm kind of... Tales'd out? That's a word.

There are tons of sidequests and diverses to do after you have completed the main mission, including the usual arena battles with contestants from previous Tales of games. Almost every Tales of game did this if you're wondering. Sooo... completed the original story, only the exclusive story is left. Will I platinum this game? Eh... I just don't give a crap about Platinums or 1000 Gamerscore. It just doesn't matter to me. If I'm close to or it comes to me either way sure, count me in. But otherwise, naah.

I would advise this game to any action RPG lover or anyone who just wants to try something new. But seriously, play this when you have nothing to do for the coming weeks. This was just ridiculous.

Dark Souls - Just recently finished this...man...what a game! :D, from the trial and error mentality, to truly taking one's time to learn the areas, where they connect, looking up lore from gear and paying attention to NPCs. It's really something, and some bosses are just AWESOME. *I'm looking at you Artorias*. Now working on New Game+.

Megaman ZX Advent : Meh. Finished it on normal. Gonna play it on hard now.

Tales of Phantasia (PSX version) - Remember when I said Phantasia was one of the Tales games I had already beaten? Yeah, I lied.

qa_gasp.jpg

Well, it wasn't really that extreme. I was in the super/extra dungeon and could basically challenge the final boss already at any moment I wanted (really good final boss by the way). There were just some other things that had a priority and I kind of forgot about it. But eh, Phantasia is a good example of a game that has aged perfectly. The story and characters are great, especially Cless. I also like how this game did a staggering job on being one of the first games that took on a different battle system, and did it really good. Sure, the later 2D games do a better job but this is the first game after all.

If you ever want to play Phantasia though, try everything you can to play either the SNES version or this one (a translated PSX version, by the great people that are Absolute Zero). The GBA and mobile phone ports are bad.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Not really 100%, I'm not in the mood for those minigames. Maybe some other day, not now.

So yeah, I said before that I still wanted to get more into Kirby. That said, this game.. still didn't really convince me. Although I still want to play more games... weird. It's a big step up from the first Kirby game, especially with the animals. They allowed for so much more attacks and ways to complete a level. That was a really fun idea if you ask me. And while Kirby music is mostly reused throughout the games, I find this one rather impressive for an original game boy music piece.

Oh, and if people love Kirby so much for the bosses... then I completely understand you.

Crash Bandicoot 2! As frustrating as it can get with 2 particular stages in worlds four and five, it was a great game! The soundtrack is amazing. The control, even though I was playing the digital release (No analog control!), was really good. For a PS1 game, Crash 2 looks really nice. Even though I fell victim to really dumb deaths *Cough* Piston It Away, Cold Hard Crash *Cough*, I had a great experience with Crash 2, and is a game I will have no problem revisiting. I highly recommend the game, at the least trying it.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - Told ya I would finish it in 2 days. I didn't lie. Good game though, I loved it. And I don't really have more to say, sorry.

Tales of Xillia (Jude's Story) - Mhm...

Let me get straight to the point: Xillia is a good game, and the moment you hear me say otherwise, you are allowed to punch me. However... the game just felt boring (or at the very least, to feel like forever) until somewhere halfway. And unfortunately, the most interesting part is also the shortest part of the game. But that's also how I felt about Vesperia soo... It's just a small nitpick. The ending really felt rushed though, and I wasn't really that satisfied when I finished the story. The characters were pretty good. It felt just like Phantasia, where all characters just felt so good. It's hard to compare the two but eh.

Combat was pretty good. It might have just been an upgrade from previous battle systems in the franchise but hey, it was great to begin with, and every addition is well appreciated.

Don't really have that much to say here soo... hai.

I'm terrible at ranking the Tales games, but I'll try...

1. Tales of Graces F

2. Tales of Phantasia

3. Tales of the Abyss

4. Tales of Eternia

5. Tales of Vesperia/Xillia

7. Tales of Symphonia

Haven't played the other games enough to give them a a spot. And I don't dislike Symphonia. I just like the others more.

Just Finished Counter Strike Zero Condition. It's Tour Of Duty. And got all 4 medals. I've been trying to finish this game since 6 years ago but each time I was near the ending something happened to the PC I had it in. First in a PC then Later in a Laptop. The knife killing challenges were near impossible specially in expert difficulty. I'm more of a sniper With my Magnum Sniper.

Just finished Metroid Prime again. One of my favorites. I keep trying for 100%, but I always miss one or two things...

1 person likes this

I finished Azure Striker Gunvolt a little bit ago. I beat all the extra stuff too, but that game has a lot of replay. Between leveling up and synthing better and better items, to getting better ranks and completing challenges, there is still plenty to do. I can see myself going back and playing more for sure!

I also finished Mega Man Legends last night too! All in all, I really liked that game. The controls were hard to get the hang of, but once I did, it felt pretty good. The whole adventure aspect of it was a lot of fun. I guess now I can be sad with the rest of the Internet about the cancellation of Legends 3... and if now I could actually find a decent price on a copy of Legends 2...

Spyro the Dragon - Thought I was done, seems I missed 2 levels. But those were pretty easy ones and now... I'm 120% done, because screw logic. It was.. not a bad experience. I liked the game, but I probably would have liked it more if I focussed more on it (because you know, having a crush on someone really distracted me most of the time, just daydreamin' and things). Like I said, I was going to play 3 platformers of my childhood again because I had no memory of them at all. The first was Klonoa: Door to Phantomhile, and now this one. And next up is.... Crash Bandicoot. No, not Rayman. Strangely enough, Rayman is one of the only ps1 games I remember completely. Huh.

Metroid (NES) - First Metroid game that I have completed yay! Left a pretty good impression on me, despite it having a long learning curve and it has several flaws. But I can easily look past that, since It's a NES game. I love how this was more of an exploring game, and for that reason I refused to use a walkthrough. Well, I used it twice. Once because I was stuck and didn't know the floors could be bombed, and the other time after I have beaten the game to check if there's anything I had missed. Like I said, the game had a learning curve because at first I didn't know what I was doing and where the f*ck to go. But once I got past that... the game got much easier. I didn't have trouble with this game at all, except for that mid-boss. Not Ridley, he was P*ss-easy. The other one, which name I forgot.

I believe I got every upgrade/collectable with the exception of the wave beam, a few energy and missile tanks. Also didn't get the bikini scene because you know, it was my first playthrough. But I did get the scene with Samus showing her face! Wait... Samus was a girl all the time??

GaspHand.png

(Yes, this was sarcasm. Shame though, but eh, I'm 28 years late anyways.)

Kid Icarus (NES) - I'm literally completing a game a day now. That is a given since half of them are NES games though. Kid Icarus was a pretty enjoyable game, but it felt pretty easy at the same time, despite the age it came from. After the first boss, Pit got a power-up which has 2 things flying around him (don't blame me, it's a NES game so I don't have any explaination of what these things are). And that ding was OP. Not as much as the Screwattack, but it comes close. Still though, it's not that I dislike easy games. They make me breeze through games and since my free time is always limited, it's something I don't mind. But between you and me: What exactly is Nintendo their obsession with eyes?

Next up is Adventure Island, and after that most likely Dragon Warrior/Quest.

I finished Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Slender: The Arrival and Sonic CD (For the 10,517th time (Yes, I kept track)).

I haven't been doing much gaming-wise right now, but a few months ago I played through Kentucky Route Zero, and man I love it! You want a game that feels like a campfire story, that's the one you should go to.

Although, I am about to start Chrono Trigger (I know- I'm all about game design, it makes no sense that I haven't played this one.) and I hope to be able to focus on it enough to get through fairly quickly.

I finally completed Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS game. \(^o^)/

357186_front.jpg

I really should finish that Kingdom Hearts Final Mix version... and the normal version... (since I want to clear it 100% it's kinda mission impossible for me because: SEPHIROOOOOOOOOOOTH!! Dx) I'll beat him some day... =-=

Bomberman Fantasy Race - Another example of a game probably better not revisited because of Nostalgia.

My Nostalgic memories were greater than the actual game itself. I wouldn't say this game is bad, but had just aged terribly (like many ps1 games I have replayed actually.. mhm). And let's not forget that this is another game which is more luck-based than actually skill-based. I had my fun though, but by today's standards, this game is seriously flawed. My standards back then weren't high fortunately. I'm still happy that I had the chance to play this game again, and I had fun until I had to take the game seriously and get 1st in races to proceed. At that point, the game got frustrating, annoying and all kind of stuff.

Wario Land II - Felt like a mix of Wario Land I and III. And that is a pretty good mix.

The new formula wasn't perfected yet of course. That happened in III. But for a first game in the series that goes a whole 180 in terms of gameplay, it left a good impression on me. It's also quite impressive for a gameboy color game to have 50 stages (Excluding an extra one, which is obtainable after completion). I would say this is better than the first Wario Land, but it doesn't beat the third one. Dunno, the third had some kind of magical charm II doesn't have.

Edited by Shadow
Added a game yo.

oh right... I also finished RAIN. man that creature gave me a headache when it wouldn't stop chasing me Dx

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Eh, 't was pretty good. Inferior to the fabulous Link's Awakening if you ask me though. Dunno, it lacks some kind of charm.

It did enough things right to make it a good game, but I admit there are things that put it's status down. For instance, the reduced invincibility frames. This also applied for bosses mind you, but it's kind of unneeded and annoying at times. Especially if you're stuck in a corner fighting enemies that have swords. Because you know, swords repel swords. Another thing a twitter guy mentioned (I'm getting famous yo) is that the map was huge, but a certain item was required to explore more. And with that, he was pretty accurate.

Which brings me to the final point: game linking. When I jumped into this game, I knew linking was involved, but with that I literally thought they ment the use of gameboy link cables. So yeah, I didn't insert it. Shame. Which also ment that I'm not able to face the true final bosses of this game. Bigger shame. And also miss out on some items, including the most important item in the franchise, the Master Sword. Huge shame.

Seriously, these are worse than the Pokemon games when it comes to linking. Fortunately the games are completely different (except for the mechanics), so that at least makes it better. Apart from these (minor) complaints, I liked the game. It's nowhere near my favorites, but it's not bad.

I don't know if this counts, but I recently finished a ten-player game on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion... which lasted about four days.

However I did just beat Metroid Prime recently for the first time. Now I understand the hype.

Oh boy, brace yourself. For I have finished (within a week) the entire

Mega Man Gameboy trilogy!!

And now I'm going to talk about them all individually. Because whynaut.

I/Dr. Wily's Revenge - Admitably my least favorite of the games. Excusable since it was the first Mega Man game on the gameboy after all. It was just 4 robot masters with stages, boom 4 more without stages, Enker (which was alright, but nothing impressive) and then Wily. It just felt like the first Mega Man on the NES: Decent job for a first game, but nothing more.

II - The 'black sheep' of the gameboy games, and I can kinda see where it comes from but on the other hand, it's a bit extreme. Yes, the music was too highly pitched, but if you look past it it's a pretty sweet ost. Yes, Quint sucked but he's just one character. Yes, the story sucked but who plays the classic Mega Man games for the story? Oh yeah, no one.[/] But other than these minor complaints, it was an alright game. Just felt a bit easy, like 2 on the NES. And no, I do not blame the Metal Blade for that, I prevented usage of it as often as possible.

III - The forgettable game. Mega Man III was a good game, don't get me wrong. But you know the saying 'it's just there'? Well, that's this game. It's a solid game which doesn't do many things wrong, but doesn't really advance either. It's just there. And it's pretty forgettable too. And on that note, I don't really have that much to say. Good game, but nothing special. So far all of the games have been either average or forgettable, until..

IV - ..I played this game! You can clearly see that IV has a bigger production value than the previous games. IV advanced pretty well on the previous games, introducing items, letters found in stages (for the gameboy games, this was new), and a fancy boss selection screen! I like it. The stages were fun to go through, Ballade is awesome. I'm trying to figure out something wrong with this game, but it's pretty difficult to actually do so. Eh, probably the selection of Robot masters. Why are Charge Man and Stone Man in while leaving robot masters like the fabulous Gravity Man and Star Man? (even though the weapon of the latter sucks.) They really picked the 2 worst robot masters from that game. Oh well. This may just be my favorite game of the Game Boy era. Maybe. There's still the masterpiece that is..

V - ..This game! The only Game Boy game that went a whole 180 and decided to scrap the robot masters, replace them with Stardroids and have a better story overall. Yeah, this game went even further than IV did, and in the right direction. I could only come up with one complaint and one complaint only. The stages look dull at times, but that may be the case because the game tried to add colors. Other than that, sweet ost, Stardroids are ranging from good to great and of course the final battle, which was epic. 4 Wily phases and then finally Sunstar. Just... great.

For an overall ranking... mhm. It really is V -> IV -> III -> II -> I for me, though V and IV are really close to each other. But eh, I'll just give the upper hand to V.

Just finished Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. It was too short... Just 21 chapters is short. Also poor Lyon.