Shadow

Games that you are currently playing

252 posts in this topic

It has a good story. But it's complicated and confuses people so they say it's crappy and bad. Personally, I can appreciate complicated stories and such. I love the games <3

I won't judge the story before playing, though I have indeed heard the same issues you mentioned from other people. Personally, I don't care for any Disney characters apart from Donald, Mickey and Goofy but eh, I'll see how it fares :3

There's one thing that frustrates me though. The camera is horrible. I have seen many bad camera's in video games but this one may belong on that list too if it doesn't change anytime soon.

It's not that bad. I could tolerate it a bit. But then again I have played games with worse camera so that's probably why it doesn't bother me

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

This could also go in the 'recently got' topic as it only arrived on Friday. For those who don't know, as the title suggested, it's a Rogue-like Dungeon crawler featuring pokemon. But you don't play a trainer as you might expect, but a pokemon. Or, more accurately, a human (implied to be actually yourself) transformed into a pokemon.

It's not the latest in the series, but that one only has a measly 5 starting choices as opposed to this editions 19. And given one was a Vulpix (I'm a sucker for cute foxes, as I think everyone has worked out by now!) I went through the opening questionnaire multiple time before I got the reulet I wanted!

So far I've... a bit of a love/hate relationship with the game. It's fun, and I like how the combat has a tactical edge to it. But... at the same time, the combat feels unbalanced, with a random enemy pokemon in a dungeon perfectly able to kill your character in a couple of hits if luck goes against you, and that's without counting type match.

Also not fond of the fact there's not a proper dungeon save feature... but that's just a feature of this type of game alas/

And given one was a Vulpix (I'm a sucker for cute foxes, as I think everyone has worked out by now!)

Yes! Go Vulpix!

I've only actually completed the first game of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and I really enjoyed it. I love exploring dungeons and its even better when they are random. I mean, I love Phantasy Star Online and Diablo 3.

Oh and to stay on topic.. I've been playing almost nothing but..

SMASH

I love exploring dungeons and its even better when they are random. I mean, I love Phantasy Star Online and Diablo 3.

Yep, so do I. First came across it in Diablo 2 (showing my age! :P ) But I'd prefer it if there was a save function!

You old man! Heehee, just kiddin. But Diablo 2 hold up pretty good, even today.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky is/are one of my favorite pokemon games, if not one of my favorite games in general. I love the gameplay and story so much, even though it's a pokemon game. Please tell us your experience of it when you're done playing, I'm very curious~

And now I'm currently playing Yu-gi-oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival 3DS game, the only Yu-gi-oh! game in 3D and the only game to Xyz summon an Xyz monster, like Number 39: Utopia, for the first time ever. :lol:

Number39Utopia-YS13-EN-SR-1E.png

You old man! Heehee, just kiddin.

It's okay, I know I'm over the hill now! :P

But Diablo 2 hold up pretty good, even today.

True, but after playing Diablo 3, I found the combat in 2... just didn't feel satisfying any more.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky is/are one of my favorite pokemon games, if not one of my favorite games in general. I love the gameplay and story so much, even though it's a pokemon game. Please tell us your experience of it when you're done playing, I'm very curious~

Will do. When the gameplay works I really like it, and the story is interesting thus far... But given I've just started chapter 4 I'm not far in.

Battle block theater is my newest game that I'm playing

I got a game that fits in pretty well with Skye's recent game

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

I got the game last Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (I can't remember), after a friend of mine at school showed me how to get more games for my emulator (I have no consoles because money is EVIL!) and so I've been laying it for a short time now. What got me interested in playing this game was the fact I could play as an ACTUAL POKEMON instead of some trainer guy who enslaves all the Pokemon to battle for once. At the same time, I still get to increase my collection of Pokemon (So I can still have Ziggy the Zigzagoon on my team :D)

Of course, a with any game, there are still things not to like

• There is a quiz at the beginning which determines the Pokemon you will be. If you expect to get the Pokemon you dream of being first time, forget it. 10-20 times of restarting was how long it took me to get the Pokemon I wanted to be. I certainly am not going to willingly choose to be a Psyduck
  • The levels are HARD. You need to train yourself up a bit before running into the next level. Or bring lots of items
  • That doesn't even cover the bosses. It took me 20 goes (at the very least) of save spamming just to beat Zapdos. I question why two level 12 Pokemon would be going up against a Zapdos anyway. If this happened in FireRed, I would get one-shotted
  • Your team can only have 4 Pokemon instead of the usual 6. And you can only choose 3 of them too! The other you might find as you're walking around but you will lose again if he/she faints
  • I mentioned saying I could have Zigzagoon earlier. But... he throws your items around. Whether it be rocks at distant sleeping enemies to wake them up (or growling at them as is the case with most Pokemon) or throwing berries at you before you really need them. It's kind of a pain and I'm pretty sure this would happen with any partner you have. I'm sure this can be turned off, but I don't know how
  • Again, using Zigzagoon as an example. I take him to all my travels. BUT I have to keep going to visit him just beforehand to get him to come. If I could just set him as a default, I would be happy

I have more but I don't want to rant about it too much, it's still a great game (and kinda addicting) so yeah. Happy I have it

Having read your points Dylan, for once it seems like developers have listened, because a lot of those have been sorted in in sequel (or at least, in Explores of Sky. I think Time/Darkness may still have some of them)

1. The quiz is still there, but I can understand WHY it's there. A shame it's not easier to manipulate.

2. After the start (which is hard due to.. well,the same reason many RPG's are harder at early levels, lack of HP, skills, team mates etc) it gets a LOT easier. Though only on chapter 10 so it might get harder again later. Note, I have done a little grinding, but certainly not much. And mostly it was just up the level of new team mates.

3. If you get them in the game, Sleep seeds, sleep seeds and sleep seeds. Or any other way to stunlock a boss. The ability to link moves is a godsend (Ember linked with Imprison means over easy boss fight!)

4. The only 4 limit is still there, you can have a full team and still recruit. And it doesn't matter if the new recruit faints or is sent back to base right away.

5. You can chose the AI behaviour of your team mates, AND turn off IQ skills such as automatically using items, and select which skills they will or will not use.

6. Yep, this was also fixed. You're team remains fixed by default, unless the game says otherwise because of plot, or if they faint.

So... wow, considering the main series changes little, the PMD seems to have really upped it's game between editions!

I'm pretty sure I just looked up a guide to get the pokemon I wanted for the quiz... lol

So did I. Right from the word go. BUT because the questions it gives you are a small randomised selection from a big pool, you might still not get the results you want. I ended up having to write down what each of my answers gave me to make sure I wasn't accidently increasing another answer too much.

Having read your points Dylan, for once it seems like developers have listened, because a lot of those have been sorted in in sequel (or at least, in Explores of Sky. I think Time/Darkness may still have some of them)

1. The quiz is still there, but I can understand WHY it's there. A shame it's not easier to manipulate.

2. After the start (which is hard due to.. well,the same reason many RPG's are harder at early levels, lack of HP, skills, team mates etc) it gets a LOT easier. Though only on chapter 10 so it might get harder again later. Note, I have done a little grinding, but certainly not much. And mostly it was just up the level of new team mates.

3. If you get them in the game, Sleep seeds, sleep seeds and sleep seeds. Or any other way to stunlock a boss. The ability to link moves is a godsend (Ember linked with Imprison means over easy boss fight!)

4. The only 4 limit is still there, you can have a full team and still recruit. And it doesn't matter if the new recruit faints or is sent back to base right away.

5. You can chose the AI behaviour of your team mates, AND turn off IQ skills such as automatically using items, and select which skills they will or will not use.

6. Yep, this was also fixed. You're team remains fixed by default, unless the game says otherwise because of plot, or if they faint.

So... wow, considering the main series changes little, the PMD seems to have really upped it's game between editions!

I need to get that game... I'll be trying to get that sometime

I'm pretty sure I just looked up a guide to get the pokemon I wanted for the quiz... lol

So did I. Right from the word go. BUT because the questions it gives you are a small randomised selection from a big pool, you might still not get the results you want. I ended up having to write down what each of my answers gave me to make sure I wasn't accidently increasing another answer too much.

That's what I did in the end, and Skye has nailed the problem here. The pool is random. I was lucky enough to get two questions that increased my chances of getting the one I want and then I just did random ones afterwards. And it was still a little close

I need to get that game... I'll be trying to get that sometime

Just make sure you get Sky and not Time/Darkness, as Sky has a heap of improvements.

(Heh, I wrote sky with an 'e' all three time here!)

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Steam) - I have a friend who is really obsessed with racing games, and burnout in particular. So I thought hey, why not. Racing games are games I usually play casual, but I'm now thinking about looking more seriously at them. And I did not regret that choice. Burnout Paradise is so much fun. And to be honest, I'm not really the person who goes around customizing his car, racing on set parcours etc, unless they're fun like Mario Kart. Burnout Paradise fortunately keeps both to a minimum, especially the last one since you race in an open city which is also the hub world. So technically, this is the game I was looking for, and which may even bring me further into the genre.

Burnout Legends (PSP) - Yeah, I even went that far. I'm playing 2 games from the same franchise at the same time. Sure, it feels as a step down from Paradise, but I can't really blame it since it's a PSP game. Other than that, it's still a fun game.

Pokemon Black 2 - Mhm... this will be the game that gives me the final decision on generation 5. I don't hate the gen, it's just my least favorite. Everybody who's going to call me a genwunner for that gets a kick in the nuts. So far I'm not having a bad time, but I only just passed the first gym, so that's not saying a lot. Still, I keep hearing so many positive reactions about this game, so I will definitely continue.

Advance Wars 2 : Black Hole Rising : Been playing it for months actually. I finished the both campaigns twice but still didn't get Sturm. Finishing some War room things with Nell.

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X and Mega Man Powered Up

I'm currently playing the 3DS game, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. \(^o^)/

357186_front.jpg

Edited by Prince Gabe

And Imma playing... (despite my hectic uni schedule...)

The Soul Series - some members might know my addiction to this but yeah. Imma addicted. Since, SC ain't your generic fighting game. (It's freaking set in the late 1500's and has an interesting storyline. That is until SC V came out (which IMO is utter crap) Oh and people poke and fight each other with weapons. Many different weapons. :D )

Imma currently playing:

Soulcalibur 2 (Gamecube ver) - LINK. 'Nuf said.

Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny - The game is lacking... but it's still good in my opinion.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core - Silly roommate for reawakening my Bakugan side. (Tho I still think Drago is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpowered in the entire series(anime I mean)... Having the most evolutions and all. >.>)

The Last of Us - I blame my stupid cousin for introducing me to this awesome game. Action/Surviving Zombie apocalypse set in post-apocalyptic US.

Sonic Jump (android)- What? I recently got Shadow and he is awesome. :D

Brave Frontier (android) - *looks at Dylan* *Yesh, he is my BF BUDDY* An RPG turn base battle thingy app where you collect units, money, items and do missions. Oh and collect gems to summon powerful and stronger units :D

Mortal Kombat Kollection:

(Mortal Kombat 1) - Would you believe me if I said that I have never played (or at least, finished) a Mortal Kombat game? Truth be told, when I was a kid I really wasn't that much into fighting games, and I haven't bought any games for my SNES in a seriously long time. But hey, big buddy Steam is still around and apparently I own this game. And now I'm gonna play it. Like, right now. Beaten.

(Mortal Kombat 2) - I'm not immediately planning to go to the second game. At least, not today. I had fun with 1 though. Not a great game or anything, but I had fun.

Wario Land II - Says Wario Land III is his favorite GBC game, hasn't played II. Oh well, now I am! Having fun already. Don't think it will surpass III but eh, doesn't really matter to me. Only beat the alarm clock so far. Best boss ever 10/10 would kill again.

Don't really have much else to say though... I'm still playing Hyperule Warriors too, but I'm kind of at the point where I seriously need to grind. Oh, and yes, I have purchased the entire DLC thing. And it's worth all my money, if not more.

Silent Hill (Yes, the PSX version (Yay fog for additional atmosphere!)) I'm very late on this wagon, but it's my first play through. I'm not very far; about 10 minutes, and i'm supposed to head to the school, but every path there is blocked off. So, I am seemingly stuck at the beginning of the game. Don't spoil anything for me!

Super Bomberman - Just a casual game I'm playing while searching for some more SNES hidden gems. Might play Illusion of Gaia or something else after this. It's exactly how I imagined it to be though, since I have played a few other Bomberman games. Actually, nothing much has changed between the ones that I have played... Eh.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - I stated before that the Oracle games are kind of the same while being different at the same time. So I just picked one. I'm not planning to play both games back to back though. Might play some Gameboy Megamans and Final Fantasies in between.