Shadow

Games that you are currently playing

252 posts in this topic

No probs!  Any other questions feel free to ask. I just love the Deus Ex games, though I haven't played any in ages!  (I even like Invisible War, though I think it's a good game, just not a good Deus Ex)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister Generation - And as expected, the moment I jumped in, I was happy. The original Re;Birth left a very, veryy good impression on me (saying it's in my top 20 games of all time wouldn't even be an overexaggeration I suppose), and so does this one. So far I only think the original had more humor, though that isn't a problem as there is still tons to be found here. The game is also pretty easy so far, mainly due to me getting the double exp booster very early on, and having purchased the DLC. After playing for a while, it felt more like a visual novel with occasionally a few battles in between, so I dropped all the DLC gear (as in, unequipped, not actually dropped. I've paid for it after all :3), put off the exp booster and put the difficulty a bit higher. I mean, the original was very grind-heavy, but that was part of it's charm since, let's be honest, JRPGs nowadays aren't really too difficult. I'm having tons of fun at the moment, and I have no doubt that will get any less. Might even overtake the first game.

Also playing Tales of the Abyss, as expected. I've played the original ps2 version co-op, but we didn't came too far since my friend got into a kind of depressed mood, so we unfortunately had to drop it. I do remember it being good though, and I can definitely see why people think this is the best. It isn't the best for me so far but hey, I'm just 3 hours in. Only thing that is kind of holding me back is the 3ds. It's a neato console, but I just don't like the control stick. Just doesn't feel good.

Kid Dracula - A spin-off of the Castlevania games, which I STILL have not touched yet. Don't ask me why, I have no idea either. Should really start playing Super Castlevania 4 or SotN, I dunno. Anyways, fun game. It plays nothing like Castlevania, but the power-ups and basic platforming is good enough for me. There's a huge emphasis on bosses, which are fun too since literally every boss has multiple phases. The only thing that really holds the game back is it being on a gameboy. You can only switch abilities with the select button because well, there isn't another button for it. Think this game could really benefit of a remake, but eh... Konami.

Also playing Final Fantasy Adventure again. Some of you may already know that I've played it on the gameboy but due to stuff, I have to continue on an emulator, which held me back at first. I'm not playing with a controller which makes the experience much better than with just a keyboard, and by quickly browsing a faq, I'm up to date. Just beat Kary at the Snow cave, which was a ridiculously easy boss.

(Regarding the stuff: Final Fantasy Adventure is a game that, once you go to a different floor, all locked doors and enemies respawn on the previous floor. The problem is that every locked door requires a key you can purchase at shops, and if you don't have them, you're f*cked, stuck, and begging for mercy you have saved at a good place. Which I didn't. The advantages of an emulator is that, whenever I don't have any key, there's Gameshark. I put my trust in the overlord of cheating. I think FF Adventure could also benefit of a remake but eh, not seeing that happen anytime soon.)

The Escapists

I got it on Steam just today because I had heard about it elsewhere. Point of the game is to find a way to escape a prison using the tools you have and by making other tools. After playing (and completing) one of the levels I can say it's quite an enjoyable game but even on very easy it difficult for me to do some things. This may have just been because I'm just starting

The controls really bother me at times and it's not just about skill, it's also about luck, but otherwise,it has a nice feel and I should enjoy playing it

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - A spin-off of the series I've been talking about lately, Heroes of Might and Magic, and a rather good one at that. I've always been a fan of WRPGs, despite talking more about it's counterpart, the JRPGs. I've only played an hour so far, and Dark Messiah definitely delivers. There are just so many ways to kill your enemies instead of just swinging your sword around or burning them with your magic. Why not throw a barrel at them and impale them when they are down, or kick them into a wall of spikes or a campfire? The only thing the game lacks so far is customization. You can't customize your character, and as far as I'm aware, there are no shops either since the game is completely linear. I could very well be wrong here since I'm only at chapter 3. Linearity doesn't necessarely mean bad design, though it's strange to see in a WRPG.

Shovel Knight - Shoutout to my good friend Shadowxx25 (resident of another forum I go, and also a friend on Steam) for donating me this game! I've had it in sight for quite a while, and I had no doubt I would get it during this Steam Summer Sale, but Shadow beat me to the punch! I haven't had much time to play it yet (actually, I've only beaten the first stage), but I'm already in love with it. Secrets, great platforming, minibosses that are pretty fun, and all that! I challenged myself to beat the first stage without dieing and hey, that I did! I can't wait to play this once I have more free time this weekend (though I'll probably finish Dark Messiah first, otherwise it might turn out to be another one of these games where I'm very close to the end but never finished it), but I'll definitely get back to it!

I'm currently playing Sonic Rush Adventure. Looks pretty fun for me.

Many games!! 

Assasin's Creed Black Flag. Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2. Shovel Knight. Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. Just Cause 2. Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition. Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Amnesia The Dark Decent. Resident Evil 5. The King of Fighters XIII.

XD Haha I hope I finish them until the end of summer. 

Blades of Time - I literally had no idea what to play at the moment on Steam. Picked up 140, played it, finished it and woop, nothing again. This one is bound to keep me for longer though, and fortunately so. Blades of Time is a hack & slash game with a pretty good combat system. If you liked DmC, you might eventually like BoT too. Story and characters is... okay so far I suppose, but the adventure and surroundings themselves are interesting and colorful. It did have a learning curve with the time reversal and all, but when you master it, it makes the whole journey far more fun and comfortable.

Also playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones again. Quit earlier because I didn't have time for it. I'm already at chapter 8. Also picked up Golden Sun again. I'm at the the colloseum, but lost a match because I was betting my luck, and I wasn't really in the mood to start the entire event over again. Maybe later.

I'm currently playing both Pokemon Omega Ruby and Super Smash Bros for the 3DS *yep. Got to borrow my cuz's 3DS again!*

F1 2013, practicing hard to play the upcoming F1 2015. I'm also finishing Freedom Planet. Will play that and Solatorobo again.

Edited by arekpowalan

I'm trying to get into the castleviana series so I been playing all the best games in the series but the one I'm having the most fun on is castleviana symphony of the night 

One Finger Death Punch - It's amazing how such a simple concept turns out to be a really fun game. I mean, you just press 2 buttons the entire game, that's all. But it does enough to make it fun and challenging, by having enemies which you have to defeat with combo's and the like, and special challenges. I've already beaten around 70 stages and I still have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

Also playing Witch and Hero, a Nintendo 3ds Indie title. Eh, it's alright. Only after I got the Holy Sword did I truely feel that I was actually making progress. Yes, you can upgrade your stats, but later on it means nothing as the enemies get stronger, upgrades more expensive and all that. And of course, it's only logical that enemies get stronger, but this isn't really the way to do it.

BattleBlock Theatre

Got this game a while ago on Steam. When I first heard of it, I thought it was just for multiplayer. But when I saw it had single player too, I quickly got it but didn't play it for a while. But now I've played it, I can see it's a fun little game not to be taken too seriously (well... story wise anyway). The narration makes me smile. The course itself...mmm... fun if you know what your doing. If you get stuck then be ready for raging because it will be there. Especially with the time trial ones. But that's to be expected with games a little. Also, it's apparently better with a controller but I didn't have issues with using a keyboard

Criticisms: There isn't a proper tutorial so you kind of get thrown in the deep end with only the basic movement buttons being shown to you. If you want to attack, you got to work that out yourself as well as a few other mini things. Secondly, in my gaming experience, this is one of the few games I have come across a glitch. Not a major glitch, but it did mean I skipped like half a map and had no idea where to go and ended up failing as a result. But other than that... it was good

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - The Legend of Heroes is a franchise that has always been porring my in my belly with a hayfork. I already own the PSP version, but I decided to go with the Steam one for now. So it was only natural that I got to this one sooner or later, and I'm definitely happy I did. So far the combat isn't.... the best. It's good, but nothing outstanding. But I'm very certain this game is more praised for it's story and characters, which is doing good so far. Estelle and Joshua, the main protagonists, don't have to do too much to be likeable. Doing quests is fun too, and hopefully it remains that way. Games tend to make it a bit repetitive more times than I can count. Oh well, I got the feeling that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

With the new PMD game on the way I thought I'd try out the last one, despite not finished the pst credit sotry of Explorers of Sky, or even started Blue Rescue Team yet.

I'd expected it to just be PMD with a 3D gloss, but there are more changes than just the graphics. A number of the plot Dunegons have 'setpeice' floors rather than all random layout, which makes for both a better looking experiance (Beyond just the 3d and less sqaure dungeon rooms)and a more fun one.

Also, the first few early dungeons actually work to aviod the artifical difficult you have in games like this (due to haveing fewer HP, party members, moves and items than you will later) by having frequent rest stops that recharge you, and it feels an easier start overall.

So far it's been the most fun PMD I've played, though there are a few niggles. First being the lack of starting choices (only 5) and second the camera is pretty zoomed in by default, so you can't zoom out.

Currently playing Star Fox Command DS Virtual Console game on my Wii U.

76114_front.jpg

Age of Empires II + The Forgotten Empires expansion

All those who looked through the "interests" section of my profile will see I have this game as one of my favourites. And indeed, I loved playing this game on PS2 and probably spent more time on it than any other game. Not that I'm saying I'm good or anything because I sucked XD

Anyway, when I heard it was on Steam, I wanted it (since I spend more time on computer than consoles nowadays). I was going to wait until it was on sale so I can get it cheap (no point spending full price on something that you already have). But... it was given to me... oh well...

So trying out the game, I immediately notice the controls are a lot less clunky than the console game and it is easier to multitask with the game. Always a positive in a strategy game where you need to keep up your resource collecting. Second thing I notice, I manage to defeat the first campaign with relative ease. Something I never did on the console due to being always over-run on the final part so yay! Now, this could either be because with practice I've gotten a little better (not much better, I normally stuck to easy opponents on console) or this was easier in general. I suspect a mix of both. It did seem easier than the console version. But I'll keep playing this game to try more

Doubt I will be stopping playing this game anytime soon

Currently playing Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii game on my Wii U.

112987_front.jpg