Shadow

Games that you are currently playing

252 posts in this topic

Persona 4 on PS2. So this ones a murder case huh? And I now get why Jest likes Teddie XD

Currnetly playing multiple games:

1. Portal

2. One Finger Death Punch

3. Super Mario RPG: The Starlite Worlds

I'm currently playing Tomb Raider.

I've had it downloads on my 360 for a long time and haven't played it.

Ratchet and Clank (PS3 collection) - I wasn't in the mood yet to go for another RPG, so I decided to play this one first as it was catching dust. In all honesty... I don't think I have ever played a Ratchet and Clank game before. Don't know why, and it could very well be possible I have, but that's where bad memory comes in. Anyways, I'm having a good time so far. Lots of secrets, fun platforming and combat, exploration, it's all there. Though I do get the feeling they were really lazy with this so-called 'HD remaster'. Doesn't really look that HD to me, and it doesn't even have Trophies. Which would be great to have, because despite me not liking them too much, this game might just be perfect for them. Lazy. Oh well, still enjoying the game, and I don't think I'm going to drop this anytime soon.

Golden Sun (Wii U virtual console) - Got this with the leftover stars from Club Nintendo, and I must say that the game starts off strong. Yes, it is pretty cliché at the beginning but if it's done well, it's done really f*cking well. I can't wait to play more of this game, but another week of work has started so I'm not assuming to make a lot of progress over the coming days/weeks. I also really like that you regenerate mp, or in this case psynergy, by just walking. I often hesitate using spells because I might need them later. Like items, but with magic. I don't know if it makes the game easier than regular rpg's as I have not encountered a single boss yet, but I like it. The only nitpick I have so far is the confusing menu, and the lack of explaination it has. Otherwise, having fun.

I am currently playing Pokemon Platinum. I've only played the pearl version,so I decided to play it.

Tales of Xillia 2 - I'm sorry guys, I really tried to avoid playing a Tales game again so soon. I can't help it either that this franchise is just so good. And that was also my first impression when I played this game. Xillia was... good I suppose. It's at the bottom of my list though, not counting DotnW though that game rivals it. Xillia 2 felt way better, and though I have only just gotten off le train, I got the feeling that it won't sway anytime soon. That's all I can say for now I suppose, because I haven't played it that much. Blame my job for that.

Payday 2 : strangely enough, it is a game about heisting that occupy my time the most. The cause ? Probably an extremly well done action part, and surprisingly good Rpg part where reputations points allow you to evolve in the direction you choose.

Also, they got grenade launchers and flamethrowers, for when you want your pig extra crispy.

I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, one of my favorite open-world roleplaying games with epic cutscenes and soundtracks. \(^o^)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEkaKrvvhY

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - This time with passwords. Because I was pretty P*ssed off when I reached the end of Ages and I couldn't fight Ganon. But eh, saved the code, put it in here, and here I am. The oracle games have a mixed reception, but I enjoy them. They play similar to LttP and Awakening, which are 2 of my favorites in the series. And the Oracle games are, in fact, 2 different games, so I'm all excited for a new adventure.

I just started playing Starbound... gods help me I'm so bad at these kinds of games.

Fez - Never had the chance to do so. Currently playing more games that wouldn't be my first choice. Originality yo. Eh, I'm having a good time. I had to get used to it at first but when I did, a whole world opened for me. Literally. There's one thing about this game that I despite, and that is connecting areas. You walk through a door, new area. And sometimes when you try to walk through the same door again, you end up in a whole different space. I want to finish a level first before I move to the next one dangit. Call me a perfectionist (or autist if that's what you prefer), but I'd rather have a manual level selection. Other than that, good game.

Legend of Grimrock - I've played my first-person dungeon exploration crawlers whatever in my life, but it's been a long time since I actually took my time and sit down for one. Hence, I had trouble with Legend of Grimrock at first, but it's much better now that I know what I'm doing and since I found some secretz. I didn't customize my characters for this playthrough though. I know I probably should've but eh, I don't mind. Dungeon crawlers have always been a pleasure of mine, so I'm going to have fun with this one.

Though I really need to learn using the keyboard more.. I'm currently using keyboard and mouse, though I'm very certain that my attacks would be much faster if I knew what buttons to press.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - ...Nope, not even going to try.

I have games lieing around here which I really want to play. Jeanne d'Arc, Star Ocean: the First Depature and many more. Yet, why do I constantly keep playing Tales games..? Eh, I did pick this game first because out of the 3 it seemed to be the shortest, because SRPGs are most of the time pretty long (looking at you disgaea...).

Having tons of fun so far though. Hey, it's technically Etrian Odyssey combined with the gameplay and characters of Tales. And it's not as ballkicking as Etrian Odyssey. Am I the only one that really has trouble with the original? I mean, if I grind a bit it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not a fan of grinding.

The only complaint I have so far is that you can only accept one quest at a time. Which means that you accept a quest, talk to quest giver, execute quest, and finally return to the quest giver. Only afterwards you can accept another quest.

Original version or Director's Cut?

Ahh... make sure you have some combat skills for those disappointing bosses.  Oh, and one of the hacking upgrades you get, that let's you see the %age chance of failure in the hacking mini-game, is actually worthless because you can already do that!

No probs.  The bosses (and some enforced cut-scene stupidity) are the only letdowns in an otherwise awesome game.

I can also give you one other big tip, though it is also a spoiler, and something you may work out for yourself.

At one point in the game....

Every augmentation person's implants, including your own, malfunction.

DO NOT get the offered replacement. Otherwise you will have to fight the third boss with NO augmentations because it's booby trapped.

Oh yeah, and the Typhoon system is a good boss killer when fully leveled up.  And to get the most XP, use your close combat attack to knock people out, preferably with the upgrade that let's you do two at once.