Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Спид

The Binding of Isaac

6 posts in this topic

Binding_of_isaac_header.jpg

The Binding of Isaac - video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl.

Name of the game is a reference to the biblical story of the sacrifice of Isaac.

The Binding of Isaac is a two-dimensional Action / RPG game. Random generation of dungeons makes it related to the games of roguelike genre.

The story is that one day the mother of Isaac heard the voice of God demanding to bring her son as a sacrifice. Isaac runs away with the hope of escape in the basement, filled with various monsters. There he meets enemies, lost brothers and sisters, pets, and finally his mother. Isaac is constantly crying and tears are his weapon.

Screenshots:

Binding-of-Isaac-screenshot.jpg

binding%20of%20isaac%202.jpg

559502-the-binding-of-isaac-wrath-of-the-lamb-windows-screenshot.png

Discuss :)

I recommend this game if you have the time for it. Beware, though; like a lot of RPGs, it's extremely engaging. You might forget to do other stuff. It's a few hundred hours to get all achievements.

Personally, my favorite weapon was the Brimstone because of its piercing attack, long range, and instant speed (normally it takes shots a while to reach the other side of the screen) which makes it more accurate and powerful.

Ever have trouble with those Trites, the large spiders that hop towards you in the mid-high levels. I always seem to get run into a corner and can't kill them in time, so they just bump into me.

My favorite weapon - Candle. It does much damage and fast charging :)

Just a random question I have here. I'm currently having a terrible experience due to the controls. Is there any way you're able to change the controls due to mods or something?

I really want to give this game a chance, it looks and sounds great, but those controls... uggh.

I don't think you can change them. How are you playing it, anyway, and what are your problems? Make sure you're not shooting with the mouse, since the arrow keys are much better. Other than that, keep playing. The Binding of Isaac is actually the first time I learned to use WASD movement. After a while, it should just be natural.