BlurryDawgo

Sonic Boom (Comic Series)

147 posts in this topic

Interesting! Sure to be a good addition to Archie Publications. And it seems Evan Stanley will be the artist, she's really good.

SonicBoomVar1combo.jpg

THIS.

Is.

So.

Awesome..... :I svds,nbvkbsd Centaur Man doesn't know what to say.

I hope it will be a series like Sonic X or an ongoing serie - can't wait to get more informations on the Comic Con!

I didn't expect to see a comic so soon for Sonic Boom. SEGA is really going all out with this!

Wow... Game + TV show + comic! They're really investing in this! And I hope it turns out well!

I am really excited for this! And it better be an ongoing comic or else... I don't know. I'll think of something eventually to say!

(And it will be on SCANF, right? RIGHT?)

Since they haven't been posted yet (aside from the 4 variant covers), here's the main cover and solicitation for the first issue of 'Sonic Boom':

1BSYal0.png

Here comes the BOOM! Based on the new hit TV and video game comes Sonic Boom, a new ongoing Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series from Archie Comics! Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends are back and ready to do battle with the evil Dr. Eggman and his diabolical death-machines! This ground-breaking new chapter in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise puts a new 'spin' on all your favorite heroes and villains - plus new faces and hilarious new stories chock-full of action! Featuring a stunning first issue cover by Sonic art legend Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and 4-part 'Here Comes the Boom' collector covers from series artists Evan Stanley, Rick Bryant, and Matt Herms!

The... 'hit' TV series and game(s)? I think it's still too early to say that. In all honesty, I never got into the Sonic X comics, and I'm already sceptical on the Boom series as a whole. (I think the show looks like it could be fun, and I'm probably gonna pick up the 3DS game, but the Wii-U game really doesn't interest me.) With that in mind, this is something that I'll likely look into when it arrives (especially if it could be integrated into the main comic series) but it's also on my 'less-interested' list right now.

Wow... Game + TV show + comic! They're really investing in this! And I hope it turns out well!

And toys!

I'm really interested to see how all the lore for Sonic Boom turns out.. between the games, show, and now comics, there will be tons of story! I just hope it will all be good. ;P

Oh yes, of course and toys

Since they're investing in this so much I suspect this is a test to see whether we do want something new from the Sonic series or not. If this fils, then they won't go much further than they already are at with the current games

I can see Sega has been saving up for a campaign this big. And it should pay off as long as they market it well enough, so I think this comic will probably take off pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to it but most of all of them, I'm more interested in how the Cartoon will turn out.

I'm looking forward to it but most of all of them, I'm more interested in how the Cartoon will turn out.

I'm more looking forward to the games. After Lost World, I'm hoping these end up being a lot of fun.

I wonder how Shadow and others will look like in it. The guys in Sonic Stadium are all hoping for shadow in a Hawaiian dress. (I spelled it right?)

They aren't alone. I hear a lot of places are hoping for a Hawaiian shirt on Shadow. But given we haven't heard official news that Shadow will be in, I'm starting to doubt he will show up. And if he does then he won't be getting a major part

Is anyone else disgruntled with the fact that Knuckles' spikes are now a useless deformity?

tumblr_n9hyvs7vSt1sqc2gbo1_250.png

Edited by lostguardian89

No because I'm pretty sure he was using them in the games to stick to rocks. So they might have a similar use in the comics

I'l laying odds he can probably still climb as a special ability too.

Besides, he doesn't need to uses them EVERY time he attacks, you can't base it off one single picture.

We haven't seen Tails fly yet . So are his Tails a useless deformity?

Have we even seen Knux fight in Sonic Boom yet?

Excuse me, but what about the Sonic Boom Comics? I think there will be an ongoing series about that. -> Information

Will they also be published here on SCANF?

I think it's about time that we brought this topic back up a notch! Here are the covers and solicitation for the upcoming Issue #2, 'Knuckleduster':

1376886_ful.jpg1376887_ful.jpg

SONIC BOOM #2

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Evan Stanley, Rick Bryant (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

Get ready for the BOOM, baby! The new hit ongoing Sonic comic book series from Archie Comics continues here with issue #2, 'Knuckleduster!' Race along at Sonic speed with the blue blur and his pals Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose and the newest edition to the team - Sticks! But is there a traitor in our heroes' midst? Say it ain't so! Find out in this sensational second issue, featuring explosive new cover art from Sonic art legend Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and a super-special 'Sonic Spotlight' variant cover by artist T.REX!

A traitor among the heroes, hmm? Well, better call Silver to come and deal with--oh wait, wrong continuity... At least we get our kinda-first look at Orbot and Cubot in the BoomVerse, and like Metal Sonic there appears to be absolutely no design changes at all. Though they do look a bit... angrier. What are your thoughts, guys?

I think T. Rex knows how to do one epic cover :P And speaking of which I found out he may have the chance of writing a Universe arc and have the chance to do pencils, so fingers crossed if you like his work.

I suspect they will given we have many other comics up. Including Megaman comics. I would be very surprised if they weren't

Traitor? Its only the second issue! Too soon for that! Just wajt a few years first before any of you decide to go traitor! Silver hasn't even been confirmed yet!

Still... sounds interesting and that Variant is awesomeness!

1 person likes this

the sonic boom comics are canon to the sonic boom game

I suspect they will given we have many other comics up. Including Megaman comics. I would be very surprised if they weren't

Boom will not be an ongoing storyline. Only around 30 comics (Source).

I think it is like the Sonic X comics: They are canon, but they are in a different "zone"/"universe".

Huh. Really? Still, the Sonic X comics were uploaded here so I'm still sure the Sonic Boom ones will be

Well, I can at least update you all on this one. Here are the covers and solicitation for the upcming Issue #3: Hammer Spaced! (Heh, I get it...)

4105109-sonicboom%233.jpg4105110-sonicboom%233var.jpg

ARE YOU READY FOR THE BOOM?! The NEW ONGOING SONIC COMIC BOOK SERIES from Archie Comics continues its frantic fun with Sonic Boom #3: Hammer Spaced! Amy’s most precious possession, her piko hammer, has gone missing! And if she can’t find it, her hammer won’t be the only thing she’ll lose! While the boys are on a hammer-hunting quest, Sticks tries to show Amy a new arsenal—but will she survive the experience?! Don't miss the exclusive tie-in comic to the new TV Show and Video Games from Sega, featuring cover art from Sonic comics legend Tracy Yardley and a special "TEAM SONIC" variant edition!

...You know when the shows you watch have filler episodes, and they're not really that memorable? Like, at all? Well to me, this issue just sounds like it'll be a 'filler episode' for the comic. I mean, it seems like the plot is laid out right there: Amy loses her hammer, causing her to go a little cukkoo. Sonic, Tails and Knux go to find it, while Sticks and Amy have wacky hijinks about getting a different weapon. Unless there's something different when it releases, this is likely one of the reasons I'm not interested in Boom. (Sorry for going off on that little mini-rant/tangent, but those are just my thoughts on all of this so far.) Anyway, what are your thoughts, guys?