BlurryDawgo

Sonic Boom (Comic Series)

147 posts in this topic

How so Blue Comet?

Ever heard and/or played sonic drift before.

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing!

Can you feel the Sunshine! (Why did I do that last one! Now I'm gonna have that Tails Doll dream again! *shudders*)

Oooh the Tails Doll's curse.. Still trying to get that one though.. Wonder why they made no reference to him even though they had all the time in the world.

Living in the city you know you have too survive got to keep your dream alive

Right, now for the first Boom issue post-crossover (not that it really matters in this series) we have... 'Eggman Gets A Gorilla'?

sonicboom-11-136436.jpgsonicboom-11var-136437.jpg

Follow up after the "WORLDS UNITE" crossover with a BOOM in this EXPLOSIVE eleventh issue!

"Eggman Gets a Gorilla": When Dr. Eggman's regular robotic enforcers just can't cut the mustard, he hires some additional help! (Because, seriously, how hard is it to cut mustard?) Introducing the mighty, Kyle the Gorilla! Is he really the next APE wonder of the world? Or will Sonic get yet another reason to point and laugh? You'll be pointing and laughing too-but in a good way! Featuring cover art by rising star Diana Skelly plus a "BOOMTASTIC" variant with art provided by SEGA!

Yeah... I don't have much to add with this one. It's just back to basics after 'Worlds Unite', so there's nothing I can really say. Oh well... gorillas are cool, right?

Wasn't there a buildup to some kinda robot with all of the Boom's Team skills?  Has that been forgotten?  Or did they drop it cause they did the exact same plot in a Sonic X issue?

Wasn't there a buildup to some kinda robot with all of the Boom's Team skills?  Has that been forgotten?  Or did they drop it cause they did the exact same plot in a Sonic X issue?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the Spider-Bot at the end of Issue 7 was supposed to be, but it didn't seem that way. Heck, for all we know, it could just be a red herring: Maybe Eggman does use a new robot against Sonic and Co... but it all happens while Sticks is away with Mega Man, X and the other Sonic. I doubt it, though.

I hope its not a red herring.  While is not an original idea, it is a fun one.  And it was too much an important part of the race fro it to be ignored/done off screen.  Heck, maybe it's the origin of a Boom Metal series.

While is not an original idea, it is a fun one.  And it was too much an important part of the race fro it to be ignored/done off screen.  Heck, maybe it's the origin of a Boom Metal series.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see whether this actually goes somewhere or not. As for the Metal Series idea... I dunno. It most likely depends on SEGA being okay with the idea, since last I heard Ian was only allowed to use existing characters from the show (and maybe create some new ones, like Kyle the Gorilla?) but not from the games. If that's still true, then Lyric is likely unavailable, along with the Boom versions of Shadow and, of course, Metal Sonic. So, as cool an idea as it sounds, I sadly don't see a 'Metal Series' coming from this, especially since it's possible that Ian might still be using that idea (or at least, Metal Knuckles) for the main series.

Ah, I didn't realise there was a game character restriction.... *sighs* This who 'can' and 'can't' thing is getting ridiculous.  I'm amazed Flynn hasn't walked away.

What?? Really? A game restriction? First time I heard about it.. too bad..

What?? Really? A game restriction? First time I heard about it.. too bad..

Man you late too the show yeah that's been going on since I guess the rush's days that's why we hasn't seen eggman nega except for that one off panel

And in silhouette form

But I thought there was another reason why Eggman Nega wasn't allowed...

Man, I am loving that Diana Skelly cover.  Really compliments how the crossover is over and it's time to get back to business.  Weird really, since this is first time a Boom cover was better than STH and SU's :P

But I thought there was another reason why Eggman Nega wasn't allowed...

From what I remember, Nega couldn't be used due to SEGA... having issues with him? Actually I don't think they ever gave us a proper reason as to why, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say it might be due to the doctor having two different backstories; 'Sonic Rush' says he's Blaze's arch-enemy and Eggman's Sol Zone counterpart, while 'Sonic Rivals' says he's Silver's arch-enemy and Eggman's descendant from the future. (Granted, Takashi Iizuka stated not too long ago that his official backstory is the one from 'Rivals', but it still leaves a few plot-holes.) So SEGA probably just decided to not/barely use him in the comic to avoid any confusion from the readers.

(...And I just realised that I'm talking about Dr. Nega in the Sonic Boom thread. Welp, guess that fills my 'random tangent' quota for today.)

I just realized... in Sonic Boom 6 at page 8 I think.. where you can see the shadows of the audience the one on the right looks A LOT like Sailor Moon's Usagi (can't remember the English name but like the main character) is it only me who thinks so or..?

Sad news, guys. A recent update on Issue 11's solicitation reveals something that you may find disappointing: (I've highlighted it so you can spot it easier)

(Written by Sam Sandak Freilberger, art by Rick Bryant, Diana Skelly, covers by Diana Skelly, SEGA)

Follow up after the "Worlds Unite" crossover with a BOOM in this explosive final issue! "Eggman Gets a Gorilla": When Dr. Eggman's regular robotic enforcers just can't cut the mustard, he hires some additional help! (Because, seriously, how hard is it to cut mustard?) Introducing the mighty, Kyle the Gorilla! Is he really the next Ape wonder of the world? Or will Sonic get yet another reason to point and laugh? You'll be pointing and laughing too with the concluding issue of Sonic Boom!

Yep, Issue 11 will be the very last issue of Sonic Boom. I'm upset to see it go so soon, but at least we'll be getting the Worlds Unite issues before it ends.

Concluding issue? D:

That's really sad to hear... it ending so soon. But to some extent its not surprising given the amount of hate Sonic Boom gets in general

Yeah it's sad but understandable fate for the comic...

Aww... I was actually enjoying the comic. Mostly Sticks.

Really not surprise since sonic boom has been hated since the redesign thing *sigh* too bad

If there's anything I hope can be salvaged from this, I'd like it if they could still use 'Boom' as another zone in the multiverse. I know they're not really exploring the whole 'alternate universes' thing in the comic since the reboot (which makes some sense) but an occasional revisit in the main series and/or universe would be nice.

EDIT: Confirmed to end after Issue #11 by Archie Comics themselves, but the 'Boom' universe will still be used in the other books. Just as I hoped! ;)

Edited by NegaMetallix

I knew it was disliked but not that bad!  Guess hardly anyone was buying it.

I wouldn't have expected that until some time after Worlds Unite.  After all some reader might be willing to stick around after the crossover.

Heck even I bought it and I hated that they made Knuckles looks so stupid... Loved Sticks tough. (Since I can relate) xD