Device

Pokemon!

108 posts in this topic

It seems like a lot of people here play Pokemon, so I figured we needed a thread to discuss it!

And to start things off...

Did you see the latest news? Secret Bases are returning in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as Super-Secret bases! When they first announced these remakes, I thought secret bases would be perfect with streetpassing. It seems Gamefreak thought the same!

Oh and I just finished a breeding project of a Shiny Vulpix(because she is my favorite) and I have lots of drought 5IV vulpix with egg moves left over if anyone wants one.

Secret bases? Yay!

Only Pokemon game I have played is Pokemon Emerald and I LOVE the secret bases (or at least I loved buying all the stuff for it)

My favorite part was when you mixed records back in those games, your friend's secret base would be in your game. You could go visit them and battle them with whatever team they had at the time of mixing records. I use to do this all the time with my friends! Now it seems like it will be worked into streetpassing and also QR codes so you can visit peoples bases from all over the world!

Oh and of course you gotta collect all the stuffs!

In other news, a new mega was found for the game...

Mega Metagross! Steven will have one.

Called it. Not too hyped for his design but eh, we only see him from one angle so that could easily change for me.

All of the puns I can give it now though. EW MEGA GROSS.

Mega Metagross, cool! I've only been a Pokemon fan since December, but I have 1 game from each gen, including Soul Silver, which i only just got yesterday (And I'm playing it while typing this XD) I also remember waking up and watching the Battle Dimension season of the anime.

Best moment I've had so far while playing Pokemon is when I was looking for a Machop in Platinum but ended up running into a Shiny Geodude XD I'm really excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I just don't know which one to get because I have Emerald...

Called it. Not too hyped for his design but eh, we only see him from one angle so that could easily change for me.

I saw it coming too. And yeah, those scans are really hard to see... I hope he looks better in game. I've always really liked Metagross though!

Oh and Congrats on finding a shiny Geodude Pearl!

Just watched Pokemon XY episode 35 in Japanese, heres my thoughts (spoilered for obvious reasons)

Finally Ash gets a new Pokemon, Hawlucha! I liked the start of the episode how the Usaring steals berries from a Patrat, Sentrat and Picharisu, and Hawlucha comes and fights the Usaring a wins. the fight between Froakie and hawlucha was good too, ending up in a tie. Now we just need to wait for Fletchling to evolve! Hopefully that will happen soon

Oh, and a reminder that the 17th pokemon movie comes out next week in Japanese :D

The 16th movie was totally disappointing. I was expecting better things. Secret bases were really cool.

Best moment for me was finding a shiny Sableye as I was going to catch Rayquazza. I almost just left him until my friend was like "You HAVE to get it! Now"

My friend has played longer and still has no shiny

As for the movies, I've seen the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th. I know pretty much nothing about Pokemon after that point so I haven't bothered to watch them yet. 5th was the best

I'm not too worried about the movie... I just want them to release Diancie as a event so I can have her for my pokedex! I'm sure we'll be getting her soon after the movie hits Japan though.

I don't know yet if I'm excited for Ruby/Sapphire remakes or not. On the one hand, I wish they'd quit doing remakes and make a new game or something, but on the other hand, I really miss secret bases the way they used to be. And even though I've been playing since Red and Blue, Ruby (or Emerald) was my favorite version, next to Silver. So maybe I'll still end up getting it.

So anyone else have amazing luck with shinies on X/Y versions? I only used to have 3 shinies back in the day on my Silver version, (a Swinub, a Meowth two years later, and a Houndour the next night!). Then a few years later I got a Bidoof on Pearl, another couple years later and I got a Drowzee on Soul Silver. Replaying Ruby sometime after that, I found a shiny Spinda, and then an Onix (on Soul Silver again) a few months after that. Never found one on White, but on White 2, I got a shiny blue stripe Basculin while training a guy. And all of those were over the course of about 10 years.

Just since playing X version, I've gotten about 10 MORE on top of those, the first being a Goomy. Later ones (some only days apart from eachother) included Haunter (who's now a shiny Mega Gengar!), Jigglypuff, Togepi, Foongus, Vanillite, Boldore, Wingull, Trevenant, Gulpin, and then ANOTHER Foongus! I've gotten too many, and now I don't even know what to do with them all! And that's not couning the shiny Scatterbug and Clauncher that I accidentally hatched! (The Clauncher was even on my birthday, so awesome accidental birthday present!)

Anyway, I didn't mean to brag about my shinies, I just love talking about them. Well, especially the original 3. Because I had a Murkrow with me for the first 4 I caught anyway, so he's always been my lucky pokemon. And then when my battery died in my Silver version, it took my first 3 shinies with it :( so I decided to breed another shiny Houndour on X, and it took me a solid year. But i ended up hatching it on April 6th, the exact day that I caught the original, 11 years ago! So that was pretty cool. even made sure it was bred in a level ball, the same kind of ball I caught it in back then.

Okay, I'm done rambling now.

1 person likes this

I mentioned before that I have a Shiny Golem in Platinum, I have been a bit lucky with X and Y with shinies, first ever shiny I ran into was a Chingling in Y, but I made it faint... But through chain fishing in X, I got a shiny Luvdisc, Gyarados, Clauncher, red striped Basculin, Poliwrath, Relicanth and Remeraid. I am trying to a get a shiny Lanturn and Dragonair.

They actually increased the chance of shinies in these games, not to mention if you complete your National Dex, you get a shiny charm which further increases it! I found a klefki and a lampent in friend safaris and bred a cottonee by accident while working on my pokedex. Oh and don't forget my shiny Vulpix I was talking about earlier. I bred that one myself and it came out with drought (it's hidden ability) and 5 IV's! It's only missing attack, but who needs that on a Ninetales.

You didn't eat it, did you?

And new trailer released today!

okay, now i'm even more excited for the game :D

I was looking through the names of the songs in the soundtrack for the 17th movie, the name of the 40th track suprised me, it's a bit of a spoiler for the movie

It's called "Don't die, Pikachu!" So yeah, for the very first time in the movies, Pikachu might die... But Xerneas is the life pokemon if i'm correct, having the ability to heal Pokemon (I might be wrong) So maybe Xerneas will heal him. When the movie is released on Saturday i'll see if i can watch it, someone will most likely post it, I'll confirm what happens

I also saw the preview for episode 36 (the next japanese episode) spoilering this just incase ;)

At the end it has Fletchling vs Talonflame, Fletchling gets hit by Fire blast (It's that really powerful fire attack with only 85 accuracy)and it switches to Ash and the trainer he's versing looking up surprised at a glowing light. That could mean only one thing... Fletchling evolves in this episode! :D

Aw, we have to wait 2 weeks for episode 36! :(

Edited by Pearl98

Wow, I haven't kept up with the show and movies since the Shaymin/Giratina movie, but reading that song title, I kinda want to watch that movie now! Not because i hope it happens or anything, but it'd be nice if they changed it up and made something suspenseful like that happen! (trying to keep it spoiler-friendly by not saying it).

Yeah, maybe I'll actually watch this movie. I think the last one I saw was the Zoroark one.

I'm also curious to see how exactly contests return in these new games..

The only shiny I ever had was a freakin geodude. I wasn't happy with it and as I have no friends who play pokemon, I still don't own a Golem yet.

Of course, I do have a Shiny Gyarados. 5 to be exact, but that's a given.

I also obtained a Shiny Kyogre by wonder trade. He only asked for a lvl 100 Sceptile.

I was trying to get a shiny Honedge but after 100 eggs, I gave up. Lady luck hates me by the way.

I know the feeling! That Darn Ratta is the only shiny thing I ran into that wasn't part of the story!

New trailer for the next movie, out tomorrow in japan (Wow, it really just hit me how close it is to coming out...)

by the scene with Ash and Pikachu on the cliff, maybe that soundtrack name i mentioned before really might happen... D:

Whoa, just saw a new pic from CoroCoro Magazine and it really shocked me (No pun intended)

Ash is holding Pikachu, who's been turned to stone (That scene doesn't sound similar to something else at all XD *sarcasm*) But that trailer showed pikachu dying, so maybe something worse will happen before or after

Edited by Pearl98

This Mega Metagross is pretty cool but that golden X doesn't look so good on him.

2.jpg

3.jpg

The golden X is like his shiny form... but what will his Mega shiny form look like?!

A shiny Mega Metagross with a different colored x?

Just read the summary for the 17th movie, so i'll post it here (contains MAJOR SPOILERS don't read it if you want to wait until the English release)

Now for my opinions

Just reading what happens to Pikachu is making tears come to my eyes, at least it seems like it only lasts a minute... Clemont pulls a robot extandible ladder out of his bag?! What does he keep in that bag anyway?! I don't really have anything else to say about the other scenes...

The movie sounds really good! Can't wait until it comes out in English!

EDIT: I don't know how to fix the summary, so I'll just post the link to it: http://serebii.net/movies/xy/

Edited by Pearl98