DarkPulseGirl

Which was your favourite Sonic Universe arc so far? (If you read it)

45 posts in this topic

Uh, hi! I'm DarkPulseGirl, and as i'm new as of tonight, I thought I'd maybe do a fun little topic :3

Which Sonic Universe arc so far was your favourite? And why? My favourite so far has been the Secret Freedom Fighters arc, as it dealt with a couple of things with Naugus, Geoffrey, and even Silver and Elias that needed to be dealt with, while being hilarious at the same time. Not to mention, it introduced me to my current fave character, Shard, so yeah :'3 What's your opinion?

I'd have to say the Metal Sonic special for issue 50. It was such a blast watching to two metal 'brothers' hold nothing back. It's possibly my favourite story in the comics.

1 person likes this

DEFINITELY Treasure Team Tango for me.

One of my favorite movies of all time was "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!" and I enjoyed Rat Race as well. I've enjoyed the "Deranged Scavenger Hunt" concept, one where factions and character of all kind are doing whatever it takes to acquire the same treasure. While this arc can do better then what we got, it certainly could've been a hell of a lot worse. It certainly helps that the finale is completely and perfectly insane as the 4 teams come together in a battle royale. Bean also just makes it all the more satisfying with his scenes, he's one of my favorite characters in this comic series.

For those poor souls who don't know what "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" is, Let me give you a taste of it.

[media=]

1 person likes this

For me it has to be the secret freedom fighters for one simple reason.

"It's too latefor me. You've got a future to save, I... don't. See you around, kid"

Geoffrey St John Sonic Universe #43

I think for me it's would be the '30 Year's Later' arc, and I'm not really sure why. I think it was simply enjoying the introduction of the new generation cast. Plus, throwing Silver into the mix always makes things more fun to read.

Close second would be 'Scrambled', a chance to show just how devious Robotnik can be when Sonic isn't messing up his plans.

Hmm, despite my admiration to reeboted XYL and the awesomness of Silver story, I have to choose Treasure Team Tango. it was so funny, so cute, so awesome. The only down side was that Rouge was willing to destroy universe, just to get gems for boss. They really didn't have to mentioned that.

BUT if I was going to choose favourite issue, it wouldn't be any of above. Sonic Universe number 1 was my first Archie comic I read. I had Blaze, best Metal Sonic in comics so far (We will see if SU50 model will beat him), who is my favourite characte, in awesome battle with my second favourite character, Shadow. Add incredibly funny Marine (which to me never was that annoing) and we have my favourite Archie Comic of all times.

1 person likes this

I'm going for the Treasure Team Tango, just because it was plain hilarious and ofcourse, it had Cream.

And Cream is awesome.

Yes, she is.

Treasure Team Tango, had several of my favorite characters, not to mention it makes me laugh every time I read it!

1 person likes this

There's a lot of arcs I enjoyed! But my favorite I think goes to the Silver Saga. I remember being on the edge of my seat when I read that one, and it definitely left me guessing! The Prelates were so cool, too! Wish we could've seen Sonic as one... Runner-up favorites go to Scrambled/Eggman Arc and the 30 Years Later arc for sure.

Favorite issue as a whole goes to the Transformed comic. THAT COMIC AS A WHOLE WAS BEAUTIFUL. And if I was asked to say why I'd have to re-read it, and I'd leave you guys an essay. Don't wanna do that, so. Yeah. Just the Transformed issue. <3

treasure team tango was hilarious but its the silver saga for me. chaotix quest was also really awesome

1 person likes this

Definitely the Silver Saga. Seeing all of Enerjak's defeated enemies gave me chills, and the ending took , for me anyway, an unexpected turn. It was just awesome.

I'd have to say the Metal Sonic special for issue 50. It was such a blast watching to two metal 'brothers' hold nothing back. It's possibly my favourite story in the comics.

ME TWO!! MY TWO 1# CHARACTERS MAKED A LOT KABOOM but i didn't like shard to be defeated...

Sonic Universe is always awesome, I liked every arc I don't know which one to pick, among my top are Treasure Team Tango, Silver's Arc and Babylon Rising. If I had to choose I'd say Treasure Team Tango, it was one of the first comics I read and I liked how Cream was featured in it as she is one of my favorites, the plot was fun overall. Liked Silver's arc because of the action scenes, Enerjak and the prelates which were cool. The coloring was amazing as well. Tracey did great illustrating AND writing Babylon Rising, would love to see him write again.

ME TWO!! MY TWO 1# CHARACTERS MAKED A LOT KABOOM but i didn't like shard to be defeated...

I won't be surprised id we see Shard again and when it comes to duels, it's the one that survives who's the winner in my opinion.

Honestly, it's a tie between Tails Adventure and Treasure Team Tango. They are both really funny and cliffhangerous (My own word) and they have my all time favourite characters. But if I had to choose one, it would have to be Tails Adventure.

Good question! SO many good ones!

Mine, however, must be SCRAMBLED (surprised noone else said that). Tho, the Metal Sonic story in 50 was awesome and my favorite issue, if we're talking about multiple-issue arcs, it's Scrambled.While I missed Tracy Yardley as the artist, Jamal Peppers did a great job, and Ian Flynn does an amazing job writting dialogue for Eggman. From him saying "Get a load of THIS!" and humming the song E.G.G.M.A.N., to Snively finally being defeated and Orbot & cubot replacing him, made it awesome! Loved seeing some new Grandmasters, pt. 2 was great with Omega, and the showdown between Eggman and Snively (not to mention the ending threw me for a loop and was unexpeced).

Shadow Saga was obviously great, loved Knuckles Returns (best video game character of all time!), treasure Team Tango was fun and light-hearted (nice change of pace), Silver Saga was an AWESOME follow-up to Ken Penders story, Scourge Lockdown was great (suprised nobody said that one; actually made me like the Destructix, whom I hated strongly before hand), Secret Freedom was great, and I actually like the Sonic & All-Stars Racing story. And c'mon, no Chaotxix Quest???

Sorry for rambling but;

Top 3:

1. Scrambled Eggman (tho 50 was my favorite single issue)

2. Chaotix Quest

3. Tie between Silver Saga and Shadow Saga

Least favorite was Journey to the East. While I liked pt. 3 with Espio, the rest was very predictable (Sonic talks to Clan leader, gets them to go against Iron dominion, and Sonic moves to next one). Even still, I greatly enjoyed it, and like I said, loved the issue with Espio!

Treasure Team Tango is my favorite, but I really liked the Shadow Saga a lot too.

1 person likes this

My vote would be for Silver the Hedgehog arc where he stopped Knuckles. I am not a big Silver fan but for a mini arc it felt fun and fresh.

Honestly, it's a tie between Tails Adventure and Treasure Team Tango. They are both really funny and cliffhangerous (My own word) and they have my all time favourite characters. But if I had to choose one, it would have to be Tails Adventure.

WHO PUTS A DOOR EEN A PLACE LIKE ZIS?!?

I like the 30 years arc because it introduce a new generations of freedom fighters and a combinement of the adventure series I just don`t like how Manik and Sonia are 4 or 5 years old. My second favorite is sonic & all stars racing transformed it a great was to show the fan what all stars racing transformed is all about. My third would be the sonic and mega man when world collide.

i actually enjoyed the Knuckles Returns Arc, maybe its cos i like the Downunda Freedom Fighters and Dr Finitevus (is that how u spell it?) it was awesome and at time hard for Knuckles to acknowledge the things he did as EnerJak and deal with his fathers death. also i liked the final fight with Knuckles and Finitevus on angel island.

thats mine whats everyone elses? :D :D

Treasure Team Tango. I loved the whole concept of the madcap scramble for the Sol emerald. And Bean just made it all the sweeter. I want to see him more often.

1 person likes this

I'd have to go with Scrambled. Just the shear power Eggman demonstrates and how he took care of Snively, as well as many others, makes him look like the true Evil Genius he wishes to be.

1 person likes this