dimentio1

Shard's Fate?

39 posts in this topic

Yeah your right but what about those issue where we get to see into sonic`s future you know when he`s marrying to Sal and have children and what going to happen now since Mina, Juile-su, and all the other important characters are gone due to the lawsuit and Sega mandate.

Those stories got rendered non-canon a while back.

X years later is non-cannon now, yes. Pendersman decided he didn't like the way they the stories were and is now making the Lara-Su chronicles to show how things were meant to turn out...

Even though what Flynn did to X years later was the best thing that happened to it...

Well X years later was a predicting so come to expected it to be not cannon tails and mina really. Before the time travel incident X years later was really lack luster compare to how it was back in 2009 when Flynn wrote it. still don`t like how shadow a villain all of a sudden I though he was suppose to be the anti-hero and wasn`t he working for gun at the time and how manilk and sonia was some what wipe out from history that was 20 years well spend.

20100614_Taxmoneywellspent061510.jpg

So for now of I wanted to see the real future of the sonic comics I have to get the Lara-Su Chronicles nothing against penders but I`m better out doing a 30 year later fan fiction or make the series like battle network with the humans from sonic X including Chris thondyoke (but he won`t be the same) as the netops and sonic and his friends the netnavis.

Edited by Blue Comet

Actually, Ian confirmed on his official Twitter Shard is indeed going to return. But the details are still missing as to if he himself is a newly rebooted character, if he's still even a robot, how he survives, and so on. But for those afraid he was deleted from the new world, don't worry. Ol' Shardy will be back. :D

(

HEY GUYS. IAN FLYNN HAS PLANS FOR ME. THAT MEANS I CAN'T BE DEAD IN THE COMICS. YEAAAAAAAAAAH!! pic.twitter.com/EVcU1cy7yr

— ✧Shard the Metal✦ (@TitaniumHedgie)

September 29, 2013
<-- A link to an old screenshot of his confirmation. That's my rp account for Shard on Twitter, by the way. X'D ) :D

BVWNebCIIAAGzmt.jpg Okay here's the screenshot.

Plot Twist: Gemerl is the new Shard. (His name did get dropped by Vanilla earlier.)

I'm joking, mind you, but I could see it happening. ¦D

Shard... you better be alive buddy. cause you were AWESOME! I'll cry otherwise... and hopefully the awesome villains are still there: Scourge, Finitevus, (Trash, not sure if he counts... he's just.. well... doing the wrong thing but not really a villain...?) and what about the Zone Jail and all of the Zone cops? o_o wonder what happened to them...

Shard... you better be alive buddy. cause you were AWESOME! I'll cry otherwise... and hopefully the awesome villains are still there: Scourge, Finitevus, (Trash, not sure if he counts... he's just.. well... doing the wrong thing but not really a villain...?) and what about the Zone Jail and all of the Zone cops? o_o wonder what happened to them...

Well, some are speculating that Shard might be in the next Universe arc ('Spark of Life') but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Though if he does come back, I'll be more than happy. As for the others... well, Thrash might come back someday, but it's too early to say right now. Scourge, Finitevus and the Zone Cops/Jail, on the other hand are gone for good, most definitely. Sure, there might be a VERY slight chance of a loophole being found for Scourge to 'return' to the comics someday, but it's not gonna happen. And the others definately aren't ever coming back to the comics, since they were characters created by any one of the Pre-Ian Flynn-era writers.

well I take what I can get here.. so even if it's just Shard I'll be happy. Though I really liked Finitevus and Scourge as villains... and the Zone Cops and Zone Jail had so much unused potential there...

Well, some are speculating that Shard might be in the next Universe arc ('Spark of Life') but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Though if he does come back, I'll be more than happy. As for the others... well, Thrash might come back someday, but it's too early to say right now. Scourge, Finitevus and the Zone Cops/Jail, on the other hand are gone for good, most definitely. Sure, there might be a VERY slight chance of a loophole being found for Scourge to 'return' to the comics someday, but it's not gonna happen. And the others definately aren't ever coming back to the comics, since they were characters created by any one of the Pre-Ian Flynn-era writers.

You're sure about Finitevus? If I'm correct, he doesn't fall under the Penders curse. I don't see the possibility that high, but I wouldn't put him off so soon.

Still though, I would pay money to have Finitevus back. He was one of the best villains the Sonic universe has seen.

true. Finitevus was awesome villain.

You're sure about Finitevus? If I'm correct, he doesn't fall under the Penders curse. I don't see the possibility that high, but I wouldn't put him off so soon.

Still though, I would pay money to have Finitevus back. He was one of the best villains the Sonic universe has seen.

Hmm, not sure then. But if he's not under the Penders/Writers curse, then he could be under a SEGA mandate of "no Echidnas besides Knuckles" (and Tikal, kinda). It's still a shame though, 'cause from what little I actually read of Finitevus' appearances, he was a pretty awesome villain. One of the darkest villains, for sure.

I guess Sega or Archie wants dr.eggman to be the villain all the time that`s the games main problem it`s always eggman I this the only game where eggman wasn't the main villain is sonic chronicles the dark brotherhood but I don't think archie going to make an adaption of that anytime soon. :(

i dont think they will because ken penders also tried sue the makers of and the dark chronicles

he lost but the court said if they use those characters again he could bring it to court again

Just going to casually point out that Sonic Boom games don't have Eggman as the main villain

Anyway. The thing is that while you get sub-villains for games too there you do kinda need a main hero and a main villain which are totally based with the game and are the constant of the series. And that's what Eggman is. Of course... tgat doesn't mean some breaks in the constant wouldn't be welcome...