Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

World Cup 2014

121 posts in this topic

I have to admit, that while I knew what the American version of football was, I never quite realised how wrong the word is for that sport until now

You have opened my eyes Jest

A piece of info. I think England was the first to create the word "soccer" and the US adopted it...

WHAT. DA. HELL is happening with Germany? 5:0?! I can't believe! @_@

Looks like my prediction was right. I've been watching the game, and that's the score, yet there' still the second half to come.

Crazy germany. This final is going to be so enjoyable because literally this entire cup has been wtf moments.

Crazy germany. This final is going to be so enjoyable because literally this entire cup has been wtf moments.

Yes that is right! It was a great World Cup. Oh well the location isn't...good, because 2013 there were protest in Brazil. A poor country shouldn't have a World Cup.

But all the matches are great.

...can't believe. Someone have to pinch me. Just unbelievable.

Edit: 7:0 xDDDD You should see me smiling here right now.

Edited by Centaur Man

Love this picture though. (Anime: Gintama. Warning, contains blood and a drill.)

10409604_10152681595799059_5625724206632555641_n.jpg

Love this picture though. (Anime: Gintama. Warning, contains blood and a drill.)

10409604_10152681595799059_5625724206632555641_n.jpg

I saw that on 9gag! :'D

But this game? Netherlands Vs. Argentinia? ....guys what is wrong with you?

aEwLj7N_700b.jpg

I have no idea what they're doing. Ask me, none of them deserves to win, playing like this.

It's a shame. I really really want to see a final Dutchies vs. Germanies.

Welp, it's over. Like I said, none of them deserved it. I'm not even mad though, they gave me one of the most boring half final matches I've seen.

And it was the only Match I've seen this World Cup Darn it.

It's a shame. I really really want to see a final Dutchies vs. Germanies.

BC Noooooo I also wanted to see that! Argentinia...uh...will be a heavy match.

ab59DzE_700b.jpg

Was planning to go to the pub this weekend for the match, even though I dislike football. Oh well, saved some money now I guess.

Well Centy, what are your predictions? I just pick the safe way and say 10-0 for Germany.

O.o

Seems like a plot twist for some... Indeed, Germany has a strong team overall (and they seem to play on a perfectionist way, which is very good since I little mistake can cost a team to loose), yet Argentina has veteran players that know what they are dealing with (and having Dimaria and Messi together could give a surprise to Germany). I'm hoping for this final to be a very tight one.

Info. No European team has won a World Cup in South America....Brazil had it' swordtail game in history against Germany.

Germany VS Argentina, eh? Shame. But I guess you have to expect some disappointment from the World Cup... okay, a LOT of disappointment. As well as some surprises

My support goes to Germany

Europe vs Latin America...it should be interesting.

Was planning to go to the pub this weekend for the match, even though I dislike football. Oh well, saved some money now I guess.

Well Centy, what are your predictions? I just pick the safe way and say 10-0 for Germany.

I don't think it will come to a 10-0. Argentinia has a strong defence system (4. 4, 2) and it is hard to get through. They will be really hard. A "hercules-task" if you ask me.

Robben and his trainer said, that this match around the third place should be abolish. What matter is the pocal. I only see here butthurted Netherlands and butthurted Brazilians, I am sorry. What jerks.

I think this match will be interesting and nice to see, because for Brazil it is important for their country. The pressure in the match Germany/Brazil was too big, because they wanted to fight for the country so that the protests 2013 and the expensive arenas aren't worthless. I wish that Brazil win this game, so that the people can get a little spark of hope again.

Edit: They don't even tryyyyy! Brazil wtf man...

Edited by Centaur Man

So the cup stays in Europe...good for Germany now they have the fourth star.

So the cup stays in Europe...good for Germany now they have the fourth star.

You will not believe.

1 to 3 am in the morning: The cars still made sounds and I couldn't sleep.

There are so many bottles on the street, there are german flags hanging on the traffic lights or at the right Autobahn side. The policecars are staying in the corners, looking for drunken people in the cars.

Both were playing good. I think in the last minutes the Argentinia team make their mistakes, because they couldn't run and play anymore.

Praise yourselfes - Europe Cup is comming! In the next 2 years we will finally see Germany Vs. Netherlands!

Eh dunno, last Europe Cup we got finished in the first round :3 It all depends on what country you face in the rounds

Need to hope for weaker countries than your own... Which isn't so much of a problem if your country has a really strong team anyway... But meh. 4 years wait for the next one. But we have the Olympics to expect first

(BTW: Since the World Cup is over now I'm assuming this thread will be locked when the conversation is over?)

Dunno. I'll just let it die out. Might unpin it later on.

I think next EM we have Gibraltar as a newcomer! /o/

The problem is, that the "upperclass-countries of football" has good players, the stadions to play, the fans behind them and the good management and newcomers have the problem to fit in. They only can rise if they have good people in their teams.

Eh dunno, last Europe Cup we got finished in the first round :3 It all depends on what country you face in the rounds

It really depends on the team, which you face in the first rounds. The Group of H (?) was Russia, South-Korea, Algeria and Belgien. Well they are easy to beat, but if you are in a group of Netherlands, Spain, Chile and Australia - well then you are F*cked up :'D

Idea: Well we can have a thread for EM, WM and Olympics and mix it together in one thread of "Olymic Games" or whatever ^^"

Edited by Centaur Man