Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

Insomniac aren't working on a Sly Cooper game. No-one is. Last I checked, there's been no word on a new Sly game since Thieves in Time.

And since Rainmaker Studios (the guys that animated the Ratchet and Clank film) ditched the Sly movie project last year, effectively killing the movie before it was even made, there'd be no point in making any form of tie-in.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a Sly movie (and any video game connected to it) ain't happening. There's the proposed TV show, and that's it.

Well there goes my hopes and dreams... the tv show BETTER be GOOD quality CGI and none of that usual crap.

From the looks of it, the animation studio that are set to create this series are the same ones behind Sonic Boom (among other things).

So I'd imagine that the Sly series will have a similar level of animation quality to those shows.

That's kinda bad still ._. I mean why can't the dudes have similar budget to CGI MOVIES. So good.

I read in my local paper today that Jim Carey is trying to get cast as Dr Robotnik in the film. I personally hope he doesn't get the role. Where do you stand on this? Also the film is set to be released november next year according to the paper.

We need Dr. Robotnik to voice Mike Pollock in the movie. Simple as that.

Out of all the actors that could play our dear Eggman, Jim Carrey seems one of the least fitting. Don't get me wrong, he's great...but not for Doctor Robotnik.

Also, yeah, we need Robotnik to voice Mike Pollock... But IN REAL LIFE!

I read in my local paper today that Jim Carey is trying to get cast as Dr Robotnik in the film. I personally hope he doesn't get the role. Where do you stand on this? Also the film is set to be released november next year according to the paper.

Yeah no. Jim Carey is awesome actor. But no, for Robotnik.. We need someone older, and crankier. So anyone knows anyone like that? Also please don't be half CGI, half real actors. You know what happened to the Smurfs when they tried it.

So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog has found his voice for his upcoming movie adaption in Ben Schwartz, who also voices Dewey Duck on Disney Channel's new DuckTales series.

Seems Ben Schwartz is voicing a lot of blue characters lately. Dewy Duck, Leonardo from the new tmnt, and now Sonic. Must like the color.

It seems my role here is keeping updates on the progress of the film. I am fairly certain the set is being built or filming for the movie has begun. I'll be doing some digging around to get a concrete answer on it.

I found out that the release date for the film has been moved from November 15th, 2019 to Nov 8th, 2019. Also from the same source I can confirm that filming starts in September.

So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog has found his voice for his upcoming movie adaption in Ben Schwartz, who also voices Dewey Duck on Disney Channel's new DuckTales series.

Wait Dewey's VA? I guess it COULD work. IF done correctly, and hoping that they won't butcher the entire Sonic franchise. 

So I got some news. It is official that it will be CGi/live action mix. Not necessarily a bad thing, just worrisome (The Slender movie did it and it turned out pretty good). But on top of that, people have been seen on set with cameras around. So either their doing rehearsal takes, or they have negun filming. With what Thire brought up, I'm leaning towards rehersals.

I have heard that the Sonic movie has finished being filmed! Now the editing and post production stage. 

DOA!

It gets worse... 

image0-38.jpg

There is only one good thing that can come of this...... uniting the divided Sonic Fanbase in hatred.

*SHRIEKS*

But in all seriousness... *SHRIEKS* and the reason one eye doesn't work with live action IS BECAUSE IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE LIVE ACTION IN THE FIRST PLACE

Whatever happened to the term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? One of the few things that isn't broken with Sonic is he doesn't look bad how he is. And he works fine as CGI with other CGI characters. THIS is not what people want! Who asked for this? Who thought this was a good idea? Why did SEGA even allow this???

First of all: Dylan beat me by an hour! Dang it! Second of all: Literally NOBODY is happy about the eye decision. The whole idea of Sonic from a design standpoint worked in the fan film with the Nostalgia Critic, AVGN and Jaleel White. The guy who voiced Sonic in the 90s cartoons. Third of all: If Sonic picks up a gun in the movie, I will walk out of the theater and yell all hail Shadow. Fourth of all: I'm going to see the movie in theaters anyway because I'm now morbidly curious.

Well someone I know shared this and all I gotta say is...

image0.jpgwtf?

Wtf is that?

There is so much wrong with that. The stomach fur... the eyes we already knew, the nose, the fact his arms and legs are so... thick. And that smile. It makes him look like a troublesome monkey. Not a cocky hedgehog. His colour scheme is the only thing that makes him look like Sonic at the this point. Everything else has been changed! This is not Sonic! This is something else painted like Sonic

Is this a confirmed look or just a leak? Because the cop guy doesn't look like the person they're casting that much. But I'm terrible with faces soooo XD

Apparently this posters about a year old, more of a test mock up.  So that might not be the final design.

Ugh it's hideous! The final design probably won't be an improvement. Now I'm gonna throw up.

I REALLY hope they've changed his look, at least the legs/arms! I mean c'mon, that just looks terrifying! (though a friend of mine showed a picture, with a different looking Sonic, that I think was also a sort of prototype?) But I do hope he looks more like that one. At least he looked somewhat cute lil' Hedgie. Unlike in THAT abomination of a teaser. *shivers* That's just wrong. Heck I think even the Mario movie isn't going to be as much of a disappointment as Sonic movie. (and that's saying much, since I didn't have much hopes for it after Illumination announced that they're making that project.) At the very least (in my opinion) They should've just hired the team that made the Sonic Mania art! 

I think even though it's Illumination, Nintendo seem to be much more protective on their stuff so I have a feeling they'll be holding a tight leash on Illumination for it

I think I know what picture you mean. But even then... it wasn't Sonic. I really feel like they don't have any respect towards the original source material. All they care about is making money off the name. Their movie is more important than actually doing something fans want to see

1 person likes this

From what Nintendo has said on that subject, Shigeru Miyamoto might as well be the director as they said they’ve been working only with his consent and direction. I for one believe that it has high chances of being good. 

...here we are talking more about the possibility good Mario movie in the Sonic movie topic. 

*Looks at shoes* Ahh! Sponsored by Nike I see

He just isn't right though *shakes head*

While he’s definitely better than the original look we got from the teaser poster, he just isn’t right. The lack of his signature gloves however is what really gets me though. Why white fur on the hands when could easily “borrow” some gloves here?